6/20 Instance: Civic Duty

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/20 Instance: Civic Duty

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: day or two before game

Stryker: His contact with Viper had given William some food for thought, to be certain. No doubt had grown in him, however, as he continually watched the news and the polls with the ruination of the nation in mutant-kind somehow steadily on the rise even with such flagrant manipulation as could be seen by Pryor and Zazel parading through the campaign.

Stryker: It was a joke, to be certain, but at the core there was nothing to be laughed at and every reason for the Colonel to continue with his intentions. "Please bring in the prisoner." He motioned the guard at the door, taking his seat. "I wish to see the progress made."

Anna-Maria: When the guard appeared at her cell, Anna-Maria stood and turned to face the door, almost robotically. There was a series of beeping as the rather large man keyed in his code, the door whirling open as access was granted, and she took a step into the barren, metallic hallway. Following a gruff command from the guard, she turned and began her journey down the hall, staring straight ahead, the look glassy-eyed and blank.

Anna-Maria: After following various commands from the guard as they made their way through the winding corridors, she found herself in the presence of Colonel Stryker and stopped just inside the doorway, her arm coming up to stiffly salute him.

Stryker: "At ease soldier." Stryker commanded, looking over the specimen that had been brought out. "Report on your company, soldier. Is everything satisfactory?"

Anna-Maria: Anna-Maria's posture only relaxed slightly, hands loosely clasped behind her back, as she simply answered, "Yes, sir."

Stryker: The Colonel nodded, pacing around her to give her a once over. His attention drifted form her to the scene out of his observation window of the others training. "Your mission will have three kill targets." He informed her. "Will this pose any difficulty?"

Anna-Maria: There was a pause as she considered the amount of targets, her brow furrowing ever-so-slightly. She blinked, squeezing her eyes closed for a moment, vaguely wondering what sort of plans he could possibly have and how she ended up being unfortunate enough to be saddled with the mission. Or here in general, really.

Anna-Maria: She was about to roll her eyes and spit out a retort, but she found herself shaking the intruding thoughts away as she shook her head, instead saying, "I do not believe so, sir."

Stryker: "The entire team shall be with you, of course, as there will no doubt be interference. Your orders are to keep human casualties at a minimum. Of course any mutant casualties will be potentially beneficial to us in the future but the mission at hand is to remove these three targets and to leave with none of you captured."

Stryker: "I won't have anyone trying to undo our hard work here. Is that understood?"

Anna-Maria: Minimum human casualties, mutant casualties... Anna-Maria paused, mouth open, poised to answer. Wouldn't human casualties be more beneficial in the future where mutants were superior? No, no... Minimum human casualties, mutant casualties were beneficial, three targets were to be removed, and no one was to be captured. Right. "Understood, sir."

Stryker: She still seemed to have some sort of delay. Stryker frowned a bit to himself as he would have preferred much more prompt automatic answers. Any signs of doubt could be taken out between now and when they would be gathered for this. "Very good. Return back downstairs and run the simulation with the team. Your weapons will be provided there."

Anna-Maria: Beginning to pull a hand from behind her back to offer another salute, she found herself pausing once more, one question still turning over in her mind. Hesitating wasn't something Anna-Maria was accustomed to, but she did as her gaze followed the Colonel, tentatively asking, "...Who are these three targets? ...Sir."

Stryker: He merely opened his file to show the pictures figuring she hardly needed their names. He pointed to two of the pictures. "These two are the primary, he is the secondary concern but he will be the more heavily guarded."

Anna-Maria: The hand she'd been going to salute with reached to take the folder, and she carefully studied the pictures as he pointed at them, committing each face to memory. Not that it was overly difficult. She knew who each was because you'd have to live under a rock not to, so she nodded along to what he was saying, closing the file folder and offering it back.

Stryker: "Will that be the end of your questions?" William asked, studying the woman in question.

Anna-Maria: Without really thinking about it, Anna-Maria shook her head as she simply asked, "Why?"

Stryker: Stryker frowned at the question then looked to the guard. "That behavior needs to be corrected before the debate. I expect it to be done."

Anna-Maria: "Right away, Colonel," the guard responded with a brief nod, stepping forward to take the girl away. As soon as his fingers brushed her arm, Anna-Maria jerked it away and took a step toward Stryker, demanding, "No! Why those targets?!"

Stryker: "Because they are dangerous to this nation. You may be a foreigner but you'll be doing what is your duty now. Guard, see that this kink is worked out to perfection."

Anna-Maria: At the mention of being a foreigner in conjunction with her duty, Anna-Maria started to take another step toward the Colonel, recognition filling her previously blank gaze as her temper flared, only to find herself struggling against the hold of the guard, "No em diguis el meu deure! El meu deure no és matar per a vostè, vostè flatscan brut!"

Anna-Maria: Thrashing as the guard started to back out of the room with her, she realized Stryker's pathetic mind likely prevented him from understanding her, so she reverted back to English, "Find someone else to head your hit squad to assassinate Madelyne Pryor, her running mate, and Tony Stark!"

Anna-Maria: ((Don't tell me my duty! My duty is not to kill for you, you dirty flatscan!))

Stryker: Stryker simply continued his conversation with the guard. "If this continues I'm going to be forced to let someone go for this poor result."

Anna-Maria: The guard looked alarmed at this prospect and nodded around Anna-Maria's flailing, turning her toward the hallway as the door opened. Looking over his shoulder to Stryker, he merely stated over the agitated, foreign ranting, "Understood. This problem will be dealt with before the debate, sir."

Stryker: "It had best be." He motioned him to lead her out, going back towards the observation window.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 6/20 Instance: Civic Duty

Post by PanicSwitch »

She went down swinging she did. :toothy
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 6/20 Instance: Civic Duty