6/20 Instance: Sibling Similarities

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

6/20 Instance: Sibling Similarities

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Mayday: Scratching the tip of her nose, Mayday stood staring at the intercom of the appartment block she'd tracked her brother to. There on the button, worn and sunbleached, their name; Parker, specifically 'Parker, R.'.

Mayday: This was his home. No doubt about it. On the streets there were children playing, listening to music, older people in cars, sat atop them in the sun, playing ball games. Not a neighbourhood Mayday would usually feel safe in, especially with the eyes that, unbeknown to her, were staring at her back.

Mayday: And still she stood there, just looking at the intercom button, as if staring into an abyss.

Cassie: "It's not gonna press itself, you know?" Cassandra commented from her place by Mayday's side, wearing a slight smile as she studied her friend's face. "You're not sure if this was a good idea, aren't you? I mean, this is going to be pretty big step, one that might end up changing your whole life."

Cassie: "So I can totally understand if you had second thoughts," the raven-haired girl continued, cocking her head as she casually shrugged her shoulders. "Fortunately, that's why you brought me along, no? Let me help you make up your mind." Her smile replaced by a toothy grin, she promptly rang the doorbell herself.

Mayday: "Cassie, what the hell!?", Mayday gasped, "I-I was gonna press it! I-I was, just....n-not until I psyched myself up! A-and now....now I'm freakin' out 'cause you went and....", she took a few deep breaths, shaking her head slowly, "....you are the worst person ever. Of all time."

Cassie: "Aww why, I love you, too!" Cassandra replied and reached up to tousle Mayday's red hair. "And I have only your best interest in mind, I promise." After a brief pause, she held up her hands and put on a sheepish expression. "Actually, I have only my own entertainment in mind, but those two goals happen to go together just nicely."

Mayday: Mayday groaned, pulling up her hood, "Whyyyy do you hate me....", she sighed, cut short by the buzzer on the door sounding as a sharp click unlocked the door to the appartment block from the inside.

Cassie: "But I don't, really." Cassandra tilted her head far enough to rest it on Mayday's shoulder, her lips forming a wry smile. "It's just that my love can be hard to endure at times."

Mayday: "No kiddin'...", Mayday deadpanned, pushing the door to the appartment complex and making a mental note of the door number they were after. She led Cassandra up the stairs slowly, pacing carefully over the worn, wooden floorboards to the door they were after.

Mayday: With a deep breath, she knocked it three times gently, standing back and waiting for a response; "...you know, I'd really appreciate it if you were a little more sympathetic.", she murmurred to Cassandra.

Cassie: "I am sympathetic," Cassandra defended herself, casting a quick sideways glance at Mayday while they waited in front of the door. Her lips formed a faint smirk. "Why else would I try to take your mind off troubling thoughts by making you laugh instead?"

Mayday: Mayday pointed at her face, "Do I look like I'm laug-..."

Mayday: The door opened, a short-haired - short red haired man - with blue eyes answered the door, worn shirt flecked with paint, face covered with stubble, and a lit, rolled-up cigarette in his mouth.

Mayday: "....so, no pizza.", he raised an eyebrow, "'Sup...", he looked between the girls, eyes lingering on Cassandra.

Cassie: Not only the undisputable similarity to Mayday was what caused Cassandra to be taken aback, but also the rush of memories brought forth by the older, yet still deeply familiar face greeting them. It took her considerably longer than usual to come up with anything witty to say.

Cassie: "No, sadly no pizza," she replied, a sly smile playing across her lips. "Something almost as good, however... an ex-girlfriend and a sister you never knew you had."

Mayday: Mayday swallowed slowly, raising her hand and waving it awkwardly, "....hey...", she all but whispered.

Mayday: The male at the door blinked, taking his cigarette out of his mouth with one hand and reaching around the door with the other. In a fluid motion he drew up something large and silver, aiming it at Mayday.

Mayday: As fast as he was, however, Mayday's Spider-Sense was faster. As soon as the weapon had been drawn, her hand slammed his into the door frame, her other raised and prepared to fire webbing into his face; "Robin!", she instinctively shouted, "M-my name's Mayday Parker! You're my brother!"

Mayday: "Bullshit...", Robin responded, "...y-you...I don't have a sister! A-and...", he looked over at Cassandra, "....i-it can't be you...", he dropped his cigarette, his off hand crackling with electricity that danced between his fingers.

Cassie: "Hey now, that's no way to greet family!" Tendrils of black smoke began to curl around Cassandra's lithe frame, resembling watchful snakes, ready to strike at the faintest sign of danger. "Just as I remember you - always a little too quick on the trigger." She gave the boy a teasing smirk.

Mayday: Robin's eyes darted between the girls and the wraith-like snakes, his grip on the gun in his hand loosening as his shoulders fell slightly, "Holy shit....Cass...", he managed, blinking at the other girl, "....a-and my sister."

Mayday: With a sigh of relief, Mayday moved back, releasing Robin, "Yeah....that's what I'm trying to say.", she glanced at Cassandra, "....called it, by the way.", she murmurred.

Cassie: "The one and only!" Wearing a cheeky grin, Cassandra slightly bowed her head and let the shadowy tendrils evaporate again. "So you better believe it!" She looked back up again and adjusted her hat. "Stranger coincidences occurred, after all. Not long ago I met my long lost great-grand uncle, and now I happen to help my friend Mayday here to reunite with her lost brother."

Mayday: Mayday decided to opt against mentioning the whole truth behind Cassandra's story involving Jonas. With a timid smile, she looked back at Robin.

Mayday: "....oh, shit!", Robin snorted, standing aside, "Come in, both of ya.", he grinned awkwardly, looking around his appartment; the place was somewhat unkept, though well furnished. On the wall a large mural, a dark-haired girl in the center enveloped in black shadow, floating over a man in a red hood.

Mayday: Around that there were several scenes painted; a blonde girl with pale skin, a baby in her hands. A red-haired child crying, reaching into the darkness. A fight between the hooded man and other men clothed in black. Paintings of guns, money....

Mayday: With a shudder, Mayday snapped herself out of her idle staring, making her way over to the sofa and sitting quietly, looking to Cassandra.

Cassie: Cassandra barely noticed Mayday, her attention drawn to the paintings littering the wall. Especially the one portraying the dark, shadowy girl held her gaze captive. "Did you paint these?" she asked without taking her eyes off the works of art. "Please tell me you've become an artist."

Mayday: "Somethin' like that.", Robin shrugged, "Last thing I did was some cover art for a guy's band.", he stepped up by Cassandra, pointing at a few things, "They're moments from my life. Dreams and....other stuff.", he turned to Mayday, almost looking saddened, "...you're real, huh?"

Mayday: Mayday nodded, standing up slowly, "...y-yeah. I-I had...", she stepped past the coffee table, tripping a little, "S-sorry. T-that part there, the little girl in that part....", she pointed at it, "...I-I kept dreaming of....of a red-haired boy who was taken away."

Cassie: "Perhaps those were childhood memories," Cassandra suggested, tearing herself away from the paintings to look back at her friend instead. "Do you know at what age you two were separated?"

Mayday: "No. I-I mean, I don't...", Mayday said quietly, glancing to Robin, "...i-it was so long ago I just thought it was a weird dream...but I always...I-I mean, when I woke up..."

Mayday: Robin nodded, "Yeah, I woke up crying. Every time.", he nodded to Cassandra, "And you already know that, I'm sure I mentioned it that one time. When we were squatting in that...", he looked back at Mayday, "...oh...shit, are you two like....er...", he exhaled slowly.

Mayday: "No! Christ no!", Mayday shook her head, "N-no...I-I mean, no offence, Cassie, just...", she blushed, "...I-I mean, I'm gay, yeah, but..."

Mayday: "...my sister. Aaaand your gay.", Robin snorted, "Fucking priceless."

Cassie: "Oh, and it gets even better," Cassandra chimed in, deciding the moment was too precious to pass up, even if it meant having to endure her friend's ever-burning wrath for the rest of her days. "I'd do her in a heartbeat, and I believe she wouldn't mind letting you watch, because... well, it's a funny story, really. So I told her how I accidentally ended up sleeping with my own uncle..."

Mayday: In a snap reaction, Mayday raised her hand, webbing Cassandra's mouth shut with a flick of her wrist, eyes narrowed on the other girl.

Mayday: Robin blinked a few times, eventually breaking down into stitches of laughter, shaking his head and leaning back on a bookshelf.

Cassie: "Vawt?" Cassandra's muffled, mumbling voice barely made it hrough the sticky webbing that covered her mouth and almost glued her lips together. With an indignant look on her face, she turned to face Mayday and held up her hands in defense. "I wash gettin' two the pawdt wif the incest!"

Mayday: "I'm not even surprised.", Robin confessed, "Cassie, if anyone's gonna do something lewd and filthy, it's you.", he chuckled, eyeing Mayday up and down, "Tell you what though...my sister is lookin' fiiiiine...."

Mayday: Mayday swore blind her heart stopped momentarilly, "....w-what the hell!?", she flushed red as her hair, surprise on her face exchanged for an irritated frown as he started laughing at the reaction.

Cassie: Hooking her fingers into the webbing, Cassandra tilted back her head while pulling in the opposite direction, the tough and stretchy mess resisting being peeled off her face with all its might. "Maybe it's genetic." she suggested once the sticky wad snapped off her mouth. "Like brother, like sister."

Mayday: "Hilarious(!)", Mayday rolled her eyes, smirking all the same, "I guess we have something in common; similar taste in women."

Mayday: Robin shrugged, "True that.", he conceeded, scratching his head, "So...ah...you guys want, like, a beer? Or a smoke? Or....somethin' else?", he grinned at Mayday, "Sounds like you and I got a lot o' catchin' up to do. 'Sis'."

Cassie: "As do we, handsome," Cassandra reminded Robin, flashing him an impish smirk. She took a look around for a safe place to flop down, spotting something promising in the form of a bean bag. "And while your offering like this, I wouldn't mind all three." She sat down cross-legged and leaned back against the wall.

Mayday: Mayday swallowed, sitting back on the couch slowly, "I ah.....I wouldn't mind, like... do you have iced coffee?",

Mayday: With a soft laugh, Robin nodded, "Oh, I have fuckin' everything.", he assured her, "Cass; you still like your Widow and....shit, if I can remember what alcohol you like...."

Cassie: "Oh, I'll have anything you give me," Cassandra replied, her cheeky smile doing nothing to take away from the ambiguity of her words.

Mayday: "Man, oh, man, I missed you.", Robin confessed, "Right, be back in a sec.", he slipped around his sofa, heading for the small, somewhat grubby kitchen beyond it.

Mayday: With a little sigh, Mayday looked over at Cassandra, "H-he's er....he seems....nice.", she squirmed a little, "...so, you two have...er..."

Cassie: Cassandra turned her head and gave the other girl a faint but telling smile. "Don't you know a lady doesn't talk about such things?" she playfully scolded Mayday. "Though, I'm sure your brother wouldn't mind share all the juicy details with you."

Mayday: Mayday groaned, "Oh, don't....please.", she shook her head, "Not until I've had a few drinks.", with a glance over her shoulder, she stood up, "In fact, I think I'm gonna go and ask him if he'll put any vodka in it...."

Cassie: "The way I remember him, you're better off asking if he's going to put anything but vodka in those drinks," Cassandra called after Mayday and laughed.

Mayday: "Thanks for the heads-up...", Mayday nodded, weak smile on her face as she left the room - safe to say this had gone anything but as expected...
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 6/20 Instance: Sibling Similarities

Post by Slarti »

Paintings, eh?

Save the cheerleader, save the world?