6/15 Instance: Crucified

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/15 Instance: Crucified

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Walter Langkowski: Superstar

Rachel: Rachel had assured Fabian's roommate that she would get rid of the giant crucifix, and she really did intend to, just not a few hours after she had said she would. She paused in front of the boys' door and gave a knock before trying the handle, starting as she slipped in, "Hey, Fabi-- Oh," her brow furrowed as she peered around the room, gaze coming back to Walt, "It's already gone..."

Walt: Walt startled awake, sitting up like a shot. "Fabian I swear to God-- Uh, err....y-you're not Fabian." Damn it...now he'd made an idiot of himself in front of a professor. "Uhm...can I h-help you?"

Rachel: "You're not Fabian either," she stated, "Obviously..." Remaining in the doorway with her hand still on the knob, Rachel pushed her free hand through her hair, "I was just coming to get the cross, but it's already gone. ...Again, obviously."

Walt: Walt frowned, rubbing his eyes and reaching for his glasses. "Yeah...he g-got rid of that thing this m-morning...at 4:30...after I yelled at h-him. I was just t-trying to catch up on s-some sleep. I've b-been up s-since he came in."

Rachel: "Oh." Biting down on her lip, she glanced to the floor, offering, "Well, I'm sorry about that since I sorta had a hand in it..."

Walt: "I heard," Walt said, glancing at the clock. He reached into his drawer and pulled out his pills, throwing a couple back. "Well, I h-heard you were drinking with him...the r-reasons why were a l-little nonsensical but then Fabian was p-pretty drunk."

Rachel: After shooting a glance over her shoulder to the hallway, she decided she wasn't completely unwelcome and stepped further into the room, closing the door softly behind her. Then, she crossed the room to take a seat on the edge of Fabian's bed, shaking her head as she assured him, "Well, so was I... I mean, we don't typically shop for giant crucifixes sober..."

Walt: Walt glanced at the door, why was she closing it?! She was a female professor and he was a student here! That just looked inappropriate. "Erm...I didn't t-think so. I d-did grow up with a lot of Christians despite my b-background."

Rachel: "So did I... Well, I guess the area I grew up in was likely more Catholic than anything, but I'm atheist..." she shrugged, "Last night was... fun, but stupid. Like drunken logic usually is. And, I'm sorry." Biting down on her lip, she offered, "Fabian went out with me as a de-stressor type thing, which we sorta have a tendency to do. That's all it really was."

Walt: Walt was judging her, his face made that clear. "Erm...alright...uh, why are y-you telling me t-this?" he asked, finding it a little weird she was confiding in him at all. He sighed, "I'm a Jew. The c-cross was...a bit disturbing and r-reminds me vaguely of the Klu Klux Klan but I'm f-fine now."

Rachel: "Because I feel a bit bad that you got woken up, and you said Fabian wasn't making a whole lot of sense?" Rachel offered as she glanced up to him, keeping her expression fairly neutral despite the look he was giving her as she added, "And, it was supposed to be disturbing."

Walt: Walt wasn't sure what the point of this was. She was a teacher, it wasn't like he was honestly going to deny her apology, that and he was unsure why she'd bother to apologize in the first place if she'd somehow encouraged this. But he didn't say this. "I know. That's why h-he did it. If I d-didn't know it already he told m-me last night. He's h-hated me since the m-moment we met and h-has been making my l-life hard for a while now."

Rachel: "Well, and I couldn't have kept it in my room. My girlfriend would've flipped shit," she shook her head, considering his opinion on Fabian before carefully replying, "He can be... abrasive, but he's really not that bad of a guy."

Walt: "Just l-like I did?" Walt said, some smart-aleckness slipping out before he could stop it. "I'm sorry...that was r-rude."

Walt: He shrugged. "I'm s-sure he's n-nice to the people he l-likes, but to those he's n-not I'm sure he can b-be much crueler than you e-expect."

Rachel: Rachel waved off the apology with a snort, grinning a bit as she reasoned, "Fabian still has a place to sleep if you flip out. If Paige flips out, I'm on the couch." The grin faltered a bit at the mention of Fabian being somewhat cruel, and she insisted, "I think I have a pretty good idea of what you mean. Sorta."

Walt: "Really?" Walt said, a bit surprised. He'd thought the two of them were sort of bosom buddies and all that. Then again, maybe she was a better judge of character than he was giving her credit for, she did read minds after all, right? "Maybe he d-does but it's m-more often me that e-ends up on the couch. He u-usually wins the fight and then I e-end up camping out somewhere else. I d-don't have a girlfriend or anything." Though he supposed he could ask Julian if he minded him crashing on the floor. Surely Bruce wouldn't mind.

Rachel: "Really. You don't become an acolyte of Apocalypse if you're not somewhat of an asshole that can win fights, and I was sorta involved in that mess," she answered with a bit of a shrug, "Anyway, I think most of what we get up to are things we probably shouldn't... But, past that, I know he'd have my back because he's a good guy, even if he doesn't come across as one all the time."

Walt: "I know," Walt said, he'd seen the news after all. "And that's n-nice for you but that d-doesn't really do much for m-me, no offense."

Rachel: "Yeah, I suppose not, though I don't really have a good idea of what exactly goes on in here," Rachel shook her head, "Probably because it's not really any of my business."

Walt: "A lot of arguing," Walt said flatly. "If y-you're talking about w-when it's just me and Fabian h-here. Enough arguing that it's starting t-to feel like home to m-me. Which is a l-little troubling because I think that m-makes me more like my mother t-than I ever thought I was."

Rachel: Rachel wasn't sure Walt would appreciate the joke, but she put on her smirk as she teasingly asked, "So, you're like an old married couple? Also, unfortunately, I'm far more like my mother than I care to admit as well."

Walt: Walt didn't appreciate the joke. "More like a couple that s-should be divorced but can't or w-won't for whatever r-reason," he said somewhat bitterly. "I d-don't think I'm in much d-danger of having that s-sort of relationship with Fabian t-though. At least w-when the year is over w-we'll be split up again."

Rachel: The smirk fell off her face at the mention of divorce, and she looked down to the carpeted floor, tucking a few stray strands of hair behind her ear. "Well, I know that one," she replied in a mutter, unable to keep her own bitterness from seeping into her tone. Sighing, she pointed out, "You could always find someone else's room to stay in if it's that bad, but, yeah, it's only until the end of the year."

Walt: "I'll get by," Walt said, shrugging. "I've l-lived through worse...anyways, I'd r-rather not talk about m-my roommate anymore, if you don't mind. It's not my f-favourite subject."

Rachel: Pushing aside whatever she felt about the arguing, Rachel managed a slight grin, "He'd be crushed to know, but he's not my favorite subject either."

Walt: Walt sighed. "Thanks for c-coming by. I appreciate that y-you thought to get rid of t-that thing."

Rachel: "It's not really a problem," Rachel said as she moved to stand, deciding this was likely the end of the conversation because she couldn't really think of anything else to discuss. Well, she probably could, but he didn't really seem the type that wanted to sit and talk. At least not with her. "I guess I'll see you around."

Walt: Walt nodded. "It's kind of h-hard not to...uhm...t-take care then."

Rachel: Opening the door, Rachel gave him a slight nod and wave in return before slipping out, closing it behind her. Well... That could have gone worse.

Walt: Walt sighed as she left and flopped back down on his bed, yanking off his glasses again and throwing them on the bedside table. Another hour, that's all he needed and then he go back to work.