6/14 Instance: From the Deep

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

6/14 Instance: From the Deep

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Lorna> Lorna held onto Ripley and dipped her toes into the water off of the dock. "What'dya think of that, Ripley...god knows what the students do in this..." As she thought about that Lorna went ahead and pulled Ripley's feet back out and put her in her bouncy chair to dry her feet. "Better, huh?"

<Bobby> Yoda was frisking around his ankles again, doing his best to trip him as usual, but this time he kept stopping to shake the water off his ears with a flapping sound. Bobby popped his head out the balcony door and winced when he noticed he'd sprayed water from his wet hair onto the door.

<Bobby> He was far too excited when he'd gotten out of the shower to dry off. "Dee! Hey! You out there?!"

<Lorna> "Yeah, I'm here." Lorna waved Bobby over, looking up and grinning at both man and beast looking particularly excited and jumpy. "Did he try to take a shower with you? He's done that to me a number of times it seems."

<Bobby> "Well, yeah, he did... but only when I started screaming... you didn't hear me?" Bobby nearly dropped his towel in his excitement. "Did you have Ripley in the water?"

<Lorna> "We went wading then I thought better of it...what were you screaming about? Lets keep a hand on that towel now, Sweetcheeks."

<Bobby> "HAAAA! It was real!" Bobby ducked back inside to do a spaz dance of celebration, leaving the door open for Yoda to zip outside to the safety of his mommy.

<Lorna> "...were you in the Matrix in the shower?"

<Lorna> "Because, if so, then I owe Keanu Reeves an apology."

<Bobby> "Maybe? Hold onto your shorts and watch this!" Bobby whipped off the towel and chucked it out at her.

<Lorna> Lorna flailed and caught the towel. "Bobby! What the hell are you doing?"

<Bobby> He cackled at her and paused long enough to point. "Stay put! I'll be right there!" With that, he darted back toward the bathroom.

<Lorna> "...Ripley, I'm afraid your father has gone insane. We'll still love him though, I promise."

<Bobby> Bobby was singing in the shower again, though nobody but the mice could hear.

<Lorna> Lorna just settled back, letting her feet dangle off the edge as she played with Ripley.

<Bobby> A few more moments passed, and then there was a rippling in the water.

<Lorna> Lorna didn't notice at first but soon enough she saw the strange little ripples reaching her. "What the hell?"

<Bobby> Another moment, and the ripples died.

<Lorna> "...that is way, way too Jurassic Park for me."

<Bobby> A hand clamped onto Lorna's ankle.

<Lorna> "HOLY FUCKING HELL!" Lorna flailed and kicked as reflex, half-sliding from her seat.

<Bobby> Bobby let go and broke the surface, laughing far too hysterically and hoping she didn't actually fall in the lake. "Sorry! Shit, sorry! But.... oh my God... that was too funny!"

<Bobby> Until Ripley started to cry, of course.

<Lorna> "Oh crap." Lorna laughed in spite of the crying and upset Ripley as she scrambled back up to her. "It's okay, it's okay...how the hell did you do that?"

<Bobby> "Ohhhhh, Rip, baby! I'm sorry! Shush, Yoda! You're not helping, bro!" He splashed the dog, who snorted, and held on to the edge of the dock.

<Lorna> Lorna attempted to console her, deciding to see if the water was a decent enough distraction again from the fact she was now upset. "Look, sweetie, water! Splashy splash!" She lowered her feet on in again.

<Bobby> Bobby started making faces at his daughter and splashing along. "Whoooopsie..."

<Lorna> "So...to answer my question...what the hel-...heck was that? How did you even?"

<Bobby> "I went through the drain! Isn't it cool!?" Bobby grinned up at her like a maniac.

<Lorna> "...that's greaaaat, Sweetie. That's not terrifying at all." Lorna teased him before leaning down to give him a kiss. "That is great though...you can get in anywhere now, huh?"

<Bobby> "Yeah, maybe so!" He wrinkled his nose and splashed her. "It is a little creepy, isn't it?"

<Lorna> Lorna drew her lips in a tight smirk and nodded. "It is but you're my creepy drain climber."

<Bobby> Bobby put on his best crazed psycho expression - it was a little cross-eyed. "Yes, master!" he lisped.

<Lorna> Ripley seemed quite pleased by her daddy's face, now laughing and reaching for it. "Do you sometimes wonder what we've created?"

<Bobby> "Pure awesomeness in a cute little package." Bobby nodded and grinned at Ripley, then flicked a little more water at all of them.

<Lorna> "You're right but I pity her little friends one of these days. Our little Ripley's going to be a traumatizer. I look forward to this."

<Bobby> "Oh yeah, totally. Until it's us she's trying to traumatize when she hits her teens." Yoda took to the splashing by grring at it.

<Lorna> "Then it'll be hilarious because you know we have so, so many more ways of traumatizing her."

<Bobby> "I love you, babe," he laughed, grinning up at her and giving her another splash.

<Lorna> She kicked a cascade of water back at him. "Love you, too. So, who have you chosen to come out of their bathroom sink while they're brushing their teeth first?"

<Bobby> "Ooooooooh..." Bobby's eyes widened in just-realized glee. "Wow... so many options, though my professional instincts tell me it should be Hope."

<Lorna> "How better to keep an eye on her!" Lorna couldn't help it, that idea filled her with glee. "Troll on, my dear, troll on."

<Bobby> He cackled. "Awesome!" This was when Yoda decided he wanted a closer look at this wet stuff and backed up a few steps. With a little woof, a scuffle of feet, and a leap, he splashed down next to Bobby and started paddling around.

<Lorna> "I think he does have the right idea." Lorna observed, laughing as the little dog paddled for all he was worth.

<Bobby> "He does at that!" Bobby dove under to chase his dog, Jaws style.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: 6/14 Instance: From the Deep

Post by Starfish »

D'awwwww, that was so cute. :content
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

<Lorna> She kicked a cascade of water back at him. "Love you, too. So, who have you chosen to come out of their bathroom sink while they're brushing their teeth first?"

<Bobby> "Ooooooooh..." Bobby's eyes widened in just-realized glee. "Wow... so many options, though my professional instincts tell me it should be Hope."
At least it's not Fabian XD Somehow I think that wouldn't go over well with him...or Walt for that matter.
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I just worry what Ripley would do with the hedgies when they're older. She'll be a bad influence :shifty