6/13 Instance: Reverent

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/13 Instance: Reverent

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined for September 9th

<Cecilia> Cecilia perched on top of the wall where her father's brand new plaque was placed, hands shoved into her windbreaker pockets and legs tucked under her indian style, staring at the statue of one of the former horsemen. Death couldn't even escape death, she thought. How ironic.

<Fabian> Fabian always tried not to look that way but he wasn't having trouble in doing so as he was more focused on Cecilia. "Do you have anything else special planned for the day?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia startled slightly and twisted around to look at Fabian properly. "Oh, yeah. I was thinking later I'd get all weepy on you, some sappy poems would be read and then after that the whole school would join hands for a rousing rendition of kumbaya while I stand in the centre, weep beautifully but tastefully, and attempt to reach the nirvana of emo," she said sarcastically.

<Cecilia> She turned around, eyes narrowing slightly at the statue now. "Sorry, I'm in an epicly shitty mood right now, as per usual for this day...to answer your question: no, I had no plans beyond coming out here, leaving my flowers -" she gestured to a red hibiscus tucked into a crevasse on the wall "-and moping."

<Fabian> "Well both of those suggestions sound epicly shitty as well if you don't mind me saying." Fabian pointed out, helpful in his own mind.

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "Well, what do you suggest then?" she said, patting the stone beside her.

<Fabian> "Something to actually make you happy." he shrugged for half of his response and went ahead and took his seat. "I always held to the belief that if people were moping in my dead honour I'd be rather puzzled by it...of course, that takes under assumption that there is an afterlife where I wouldn't just be dead-pranking the world so I'm not sure how reliable that can be."

<Cecilia> She rested her head on his shoulder. "I don't want people to mope. But on the other hand it wouldn't kill them to be a little sad, I'd be dead after all...and I would be devastated if you died. At least for awhile, so excuse me for actually giving a shit about you."

<Cecilia> "...Do you believe in heaven and all that crap they said in church like souls and the devil and everything?" she asked, tenuously.

<Fabian> "You know very well I'm not talking about whether or not someone gives a shit so don't you start that." He thought about what she said and shrugged. "Some days yes, some days doubtful. I suppose we'll find out where I actually stand whenever I'm about to actually cross that bridge."

<Cecilia> "Same," she admitted, wrapping an arm around him. "I don't suppose you're much for following the rules though, huh? Well...I guess I can't talk. I forfeited my right to wear white on my wedding day awhile ago." This amused her greatly. "Now I have to settle for shitty cream tones."

<Fabian> "Oh yes, because there's craptons of virginal brides running around these days." Fabian deadpanned, snorting a bit. "I highly doubt anything of that sort matters, personally. Seems quite petty to think that it would; small-minded to get tripped up on the silly little rules put forth."

<Cecilia> "Yore jus' a sinner and the lawd will git you someday!" Cecilia said, affecting a hick accent before dissolving into laughter. "I think the main point of all that was to love. The commandments themselves are best interpreted as the situation requires."

<Fabian> Fabian just chuckled and nodded. "Anyway, I believe we're left with a question to figure out, aren't we?"

<Cecilia> "What to do today, you mean?" Cecilia said, brow furrowing a little. "Not something that involves drinking...if I drink today I will get smashed and not the good kind of smashed, I think. Sorry, Fab."

<Fabian> "Not everything is drinking with me, you know." Fabian defended himself. "Plus that wouldn't be the kind of thing I would have in mind for this anyway."

<Cecilia> "...It's not sex right?" Cecilia teased, poking him a little in the side. "We've done plenty of hilarious shit completely sober, I'm sure whatever you got in mind will be just what I needed, as usual."

<Fabian> "You're beginning to make me just sound like a horrible person!" Fabian prodded her back. "Well, if you've not got any suggestions what do you think about taking a drive out of here for a bit?"

<Cecilia> "Oh, c'mon now!" she chuckled, standing up. "Y'know I think nothing of the sort! And yeah, I'd be up for that. The trees are just changing colour so it should be pretty scenic."

<Fabian> "Maybe time to explore some of the rest of the abandoned places we had scouted out?" He shrugged as he suggested it.

<Cecilia> Cecilia smiled. "Sounds like a plan, mi amor." She offered a hand. "Shall we then?"

<Fabian> He took it and squeezed it. "Surely." He chuckled, standing up and pulling her along just a bit.

<Cecilia> Cecilia trotted to keep up. "I don't think I've seen you so excited since Tibes. I guess adventure's good for you, yeah?"

<Fabian> "Well, I'll take excited, just going to make this a decent day." Fabian shrugged, slowing just a bit.

<Cecilia> "Not willing to let me be unhappy even for a day?" Cecilia asked, smiling slightly at him as they slowed down a bit.

<Fabian> "Well no, there's no cause to allow you to be so if I can help it, wouldn't you agree?" He got the door for her once they reached his car and moved on to the driver's side. "Works better for both of us."

<Cecilia> She smiled and thanked him for the door before sliding in and buckling up. "Well, I'm not gonna discourage you. That'd be counterproductive for me."

<Cecilia> "So, what destination did you have in mind?"

<Fabian> "It would be indeed." he replied with a rather shit-eating smirk. "I've no idea, I figured we'd drive the area until we hit a good spot?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled. "Well, this brings back a lotta memories. Almost a year ago now you said the same thing and we ended up exploring a witch house in Peekskill." She smiled widely, lost for a moment. "I was so angry with you that day. If someone had told me we'd be friends I'd have said they were crazy."

<Fabian> "Hey now, I was plenty angry with you that day as well if I recall correctly." He was laughing too much for the statement to carry properly. "And it seems to me it's high time we did it again. It has been a while, hasn't it...you can pick the house out this time though."

<Cecilia> "Y'know what the worst part is?" Cecilia said, snorting a little. "I still remember what we were fighting about. Clearly you have so much effect on me that even the smallest disagreements are burned permanently into my brain."

<Fabian> "What can I say? I'm naturally infuriating." He preened along with his statement. "I hope that doesn't mean you're keeping some sort of record, though."

<Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head, making the long strings of curls sway back and froth. "Have I ever brought up shit from a past argument into a current one that was completely unrelated? I don't keep score, if we did that I'd seriously question how healthy the relationship was. Besides, it's not like I'm a perfect person, I'm as guilty as you are."

<Fabian> "I don't really see as we're guilty of much between the two of us." Fabian shrugged as he answered honestly enough. "Seems a too-strong word for us really, don't you think?"

<Cecilia> "We'd have to admit to committing the crime first," Cecilia said teasingly. "Like hell I'd incriminate myself."

<Fabian> "Hush, there's been no crime at all." He rolled his eyes a bit jokingly. "So, what kind of house would you like to try for today?"

<Cecilia> "Hmm, maybe not a house but a ruin....like a church or something, y'know?" Cecilia said, gesturing. "Does anything like that exist out here?"

<Fabian> "More than likely, when small towns go the whole thing usually goes, after all." Fabian passed her his phone to look up a few. "Just give me the directions when you have one."

<Cecilia> Cecilia scrolled through a few pages before settling on one, which she typed into the GPS. "Even better, I'll make Bitchin' Betty show you the way," she said, putting the phone into the cup-rest so he could pick it up as his leisure.

<Fabian> "...Bitchin' Betty?" Fabian asked, almost regretting doing so.

<Cecilia> "Yeah, the GPS. Why, you never heard anybody call it that?" Cecilia said, laughing. "My brother told me that's what they call the female voice on the GPS in the army. You gotta admit, that smug English voice gets really annoying when she's trying to lead you down a road you know is closed."

<Fabian> "I'd have to say that is a new one." Fabian went about following the instructions however.

<Cecilia> "It's better than 'Bitchin' Cee,'" Cecilia pointed out, smiling as she took in the scenery going by.

<Fabian> "No it's not, I don't want to listen to someone called Betty telling me where to go now." Fabian smirked wickedly over at her, knowing what he probably poked at there.

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted and reddened a little, despite herself. "I had no idea you liked me being such a taskmaster. The Hellfire Club does suit you, Fab."

<Fabian> ((Time jump))

<Fabian> Fabian parked the car, looking over what Cecilia had selected for her expedition. "This place is fantastic...I sort of want it."

<Cecilia> "You can say that again," Cecilia said, taking in the giant monastery, shielding herself up in preparation. "Want it? As it want the property?"

<Fabian> "How cool would it be, I ask you?" Fabian opened his arms wide motioning to the place.

<Cecilia> "It is beautiful...at least on the outside," she admitted, taking in the stained glass and the high archways. "What would you do with it?" she asked, offering a hand to extend her shield onto him.

<Fabian> "I've absolutely no idea." He took the hand, grabbing the bag from the trunk and starting to lead the way up to the property.

<Cecilia> "...Oh wow," Cecilia said quietly. Staring up at the huge cathedral ceiling. "This is...really big."

<Fabian> "Is it inappropriate to make a 'that's what she said' joke here?" Fabian asked, picking his way through a bit further up.

<Cecilia> "I'd say more immodest than inappropriate," Cecilia said, snorting. "Can you believe nuns used to live here? It seems a bit opulent for them."

<Fabian> "Catholics. We love to make things gaudy." Fabian pointed out. "The gaudier it is the more you loved God apparently."

<Cecilia> "Yeah, lotta shiny shit and nothing underneath," Cecilia remarked, running her hand along the stonework on a wall. "Reminds you of some people, yeah?"

<Fabian> "One or two." Fabian admitted, eyeing the stairs. "I wonder what the upstairs cubbyholes are like."

<Cecilia> "Why wonder when we can look?" Cecilia said, putting a foot down on the first step, testing it out. "In any case if we fall through the shield would protect us. Hell, you wouldn't even feel the impact, so you're in the best position there."

<Fabian> "You're the best person to have on these trips. I no longer risk life and limb when you're here." Fabian was right behind her on the way up. "Should be quite a view from up here, too."

<Cecilia> "What would you ever do without me?" Cecilia said, chuckling. "You got by just fine before, I'm sure you'd be fine, you'd just need to watch your ass more." She started a little as the railing she'd been holding wobbled and fell to the floor a story or so down. "Yeah, I'm gonna stay closer to the wall now."

<Fabian> "...if I get drunk and try to buy this remind me about that." Fabian frowned, watching it hit the ground. "Wall is good. Wall is stone."

<Cecilia> "You really like this place, huh?" Cecilia said, smiling and shuffling over to the wall. "I didn't think a monastery would be the sorta place you'd wanna own...you're not planning on making it into a nightclub are you?" she teased.

<Fabian> "...Would you be opposed to this? No, I just like the building, that's all, wouldn't want to change it and I'm not going to get anything." Fabian was glad when they were off of the stairs, however, and started to test the floor. "Seems good enough."

<Cecilia> "I'm not gonna tell you how to spend your money. Buying a property is never a bad idea. You could always fix it up and sell it for a higher price. It's a decent investment...that and I think the place is gorgeous," Cecilia said, stepping down carefully and gripping Fabian's hand a little tighter. "Don't worry, as long as you got my hand you're safe. The fall wouldn't kill you...though we might shit ourselves in terror."

<Fabian> "My hero." Fabian teased her just a bit but was glad the floor wouldn't give way even if he did decide to stomp about with her there. "I do love a good shitting terror once in a while, won't lie."

<Cecilia> "Says the guy who refuses to watch 'Alien' with me," Cecilia teased a little, peeking into one of the rooms. "Check out the stained glass here." Light was streaming through the windows, making patterns on the wooden floor.

<Fabian> "That is an entirely different thing." He prodded her side, looking in after her. "Fantastic...this place should be a lot creepier than it actually is, shouldn't it?"

<Cecilia> "Fair enough," Cecilia laughed, batting a little at the poking hand. "I wouldn't watch 'The Exorcist' with you...yeah, it should be. But somehow it feels sorta tranquil, yeah?"

<Cecilia> She wandered over to the middle of the floor, letting the sunlight stream over her. "Say what you will about nuns, they picked a good place to live."

<Fabian> Fabian made his way on up to the window, peering through what bits could actually be seen through. "That they did." He said in agreement, looking back and offering her a smile. "So, better than moping?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded as she made her up to the window, gazing out through the glass. "Yeah, a lot better." The ground seemed stable here so she dropped the shield around them and wrapped her arms around him. "You're a good man, Fab."

<Fabian> Fabian just had to ruin the moment briefly. "Would you swear to that in a court of law?"

<Cecilia> "I'd swear that on my father's grave," she said, leaning up and stealing a kiss. "I think you know that."

<Fabian> "Yeaaah, you do offer good proof." Fabian nodded, grinning wide at the stolen kiss.

<Cecilia> She smiled. "If you do buy this place can I come visit it? Whatever it turns out to be?"

<Fabian> "Please, it'll be our glorious hideaway and you know it."

<Cecilia> Cecilia held Fabian tighter, grinning into his shoulder. "Sounds like a plan."