6/13 Instance: Walter Langkowski: Superstar

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/13 Instance: Walter Langkowski: Superstar

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after House of Blasphemy

<Fabian> Fabian stepped back, holding his hands out just in case but it appeared that the cross was now happily balanced. Now that was a neat drunk trick. He stepped back, quite proud of himself, and plopped down onto his bed, smiling up at his and Rachel's purchase. In the next few days he was going to epicly piss off a crabby southern woman he had never met.

<Walt> Walt grumbled a little as he was woken from a deep sleep by someone jostling his bed and then grumbled even more as something blurry waved in his face. "Argh...damn it," he muttered, reaching for his glasses and slipping them on. "AHH!"

<Fabian> "Hey Walt." Fabian greeted him, a bit surprised that his roommate had woken up. He was used to him being dead to the world from around 10:30 on. "Sorry, drunk, cat-like reflexes are compromised."

<Walt> Walt sputtered and flailed. "Fabian?! Why is there a cross over my bed?! Oh my God...did you string that thing up there?!"

<Fabian> "I had to put it somewhere. The post office isn't open yet." Fabian answered simply. "And it's a surprise for Paige so Rachel couldn't take it."

<Walt> "What? I just...what?!" Walt exclaimed, still flailing. "What are you even...this isn't...I have no idea what the heck you're even going on about!"

<Fabian> "Rachel and I are mailing it tomorrow." He explained succinctly, pointing to the cross and Jesus in case Walt had missed it. "It's going to Texas."

<Walt> "I'll bet," Walt said flatly, his wits returning to him. "And you decided to put it over my bed, why? To insult me? You are aware Jesus was a Jew, right?"

<Fabian> "I've no intentions of crucifying you if that's what you're worried about. It fits on your side, it wouldn't wedge and stay up on mine and that thing's heavy as hell. Not everything's an insult to you...although I did have a feeling you'd shit over it."

<Walt> Walt just grumbled in Polish, getting up now and attempting to remove the thing. "Is this how it's going to be all year?" he griped. "Even when you're girlfriend isn't over I can't stay for fear you're going to do something terrible."

<Fabian> Fabian just had the drunk giggles. "I'm doing something terrible to someone miles away who deserves it, not you."

<Walt> "...Are you drunk?" Walt asked, not impressed at all. "Seriously, Fabian. You're really testing my patience."

<Fabian> "I told you I was drunk!" Fabian defended himself, laying on down in his bed. "Rachel had dramas, we went drinking, we bought Jesus and it's going to Texas. I'm an awesome friend."

<Walt> Did he? Walt couldn't remember. "Sorry, I was too busy freaking out at the cross," he deadpanned. "You went drinking with a professor-...You know what? I don't even know why that surprises me. Of course you would."

<Walt> "If you say so," he muttered at the last part. Personally he thought Fabian was a pretty crappy friend to all but a very few.

<Fabian> "Rachel is my friend. I don't let friends drink 'lone." Fabian clarified. "Doesn't matter what her job is. Cross'll be gone once the post office is open, don't you worry."

<<Walt> Walt frowned and flopped back onto his bed. "How is someone in authority you're...you know what? Nevermind, I don't care. I'm tired and I'm going to sleep so if you could just lie down and shut up and not do anything horrible until 7:00 that'd be great. Goodnight."

<Fabian> "That was my intention. Night." Fabian toed his shoes off haphazardly, pulling his blankets up over himself.

<Walt> Walt frowned and buried himself under his pillows, he didn't want to admit it but the cross had freaked him out. It was vaguely Klu Klux Klannish. God knew what was next now...he was going to have a heck of a time going to sleep now.

<Fabian> Fabian, however, wasn't quite sleepy yet as he stared up at the ceiling. "I wonder if it'll fit in the van. I definitely can't get it to the post office in my car."

<Walt> Walt sighed heavily. "God, do you ever shut up? Really! It's the middle of the night, I'm trying to sleep!"

<Walt> "Is that alright with you?" he said, annoyed. "Do I have your permission to sleep?!"

<Fabian> "I hereby bestow my permission for you to do whatever you like!" Fabian declared quite happily.

<Walt> "Thank you," Walt said sarcastically, yanking off his glasses and throwing them onto the bed-side table with a clatter. Now hopefully he would take the hint and be quiet.

<Fabian> "Welcome, sweetie." Fabian turned over on his side, stretching out and yawning.

<Walt> Walt bit down hard on the inside of his mouth. He was not encouraging this behaviour or leaving things open for conversation. He was going to lie down and be quiet and hopefully drift back to sleep. Now all Fabian had to do was shut up long enough for him to drop off and everything would be fine.

<Fabian> Fabian, for his part, was all ready sound asleep the second he was done yawning almost. His was the sleep of the drunk and happy.

<Walt> ((Time Passes))

<Walt> Walt looked at the clock and groaned. 4:32. Only two hours until he had to get up! He couldn't believe this. So basically he was going to have to attempt to function for a full day with only a few hours. This was going to suck so bad.

<Walt> Well, at this rate he might as well get up, get ready and get some work done instead of lying in bed being unproductive. Sighing heavily, he grabbed his glasses, threw back the covers and staggered into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

<Fabian> Fabian didn't even move at the slamming, blissfully asleep to the point where he was even smiling in his sleep; no doubt dreaming nefarious things.

<Walt> Once Walt had finished washing his face and brushing his teeth he began regarding the cross over his bed. He wasn't keeping this on his side of the room. If Fabian brought it in he'd have to keep it on his side. So, like Jesus before him, Walt shouldered the heavy piece of crap and began dragging over to his roommate's side.

<Fabian> Fabian hadn't really been lying with there not being a place to properly stand it up on his side. Putting it on Walt's side had it's practical advantages as well as the shits and giggles advantage.

<Walt> Walt scowled and cursed in Polish, finally giving up and laying the top of the cross on the end of Fabian's bed, making a sort of holy ramp onto the duvet.

<Fabian> Fabian just looked through half opened eyes, amused. "Dare me to climb down it?"

<Walt> Walt yelped again and jumped back as Fabian suddenly spoke to him. "Where you just lying awake there waiting for me to do that?! God!"

<Fabian> "Nah, just woke up." Fabian admitted, sitting up in bed. "What time is it? This is unnatural."

<Walt> "It's 4:32-" Walt looked at the clock. "No, it's 4:41 and I haven't slept at all since you barged in! So thanks a lot!"

<Fabian> "...you're welcome? Who the hell gets up at 4:32? People go to bed at 4:32. Hell, if you're that bothered by it I'll take it to the costume closet."

<Walt> "No-one, not even me!" Walt shouted, furious now. "But if I'm going to be awake I might as well get up and be productive since it's only two hours till I normally get up anyway!"

<Walt> "So thank you! Thank you for being such an inconsiderate bastard," Walt said, dropping a very rare swearword, "and costing me a whole night's sleep!"

<Fabian> Fabian just waved him off, getting up from his bed and lifting the cross. He stopped at a certain word, however. "I beg your pardon. What was that?"

<Walt> "You heard me the first damn time," Walt said, darkly.

<Fabian> "Okay." Fabian put the cross down. "You can continue to dislike me and call me everything in the book but that. Do we have an agreement?"

<Walt> "Why should I?" Walt said, drawing his shoulders up and lips back subconsciously. "You don't give a rat's behind what I want. Why should I do the same for you?"

<Fabian> "I'm moving the damned cross for you if you'd give me a minute. We're going to make this clear first, however."

<Walt> Walt crossed his arms. "What that shouldn't say 'bastard' to you? I could've said a lot worse. That's a pretty mild one by most standards."

<Fabian> "You can toss out whatever you like other than that." Fabian picked the cross up again. "Do we have an understanding?"

<Walt> Walt rolled his eyes. "Fine, whatever, just get that thing out of here. It makes me think of the frigging Klu Klux Klan."

<Fabian> Fabian nodded cooly. "Thank you." Shouldering his treasure he started on out the door.

<Walt> Walt scowled and went for his laptop, intending to work on some SolidWorks before he had some breakfast.

<Walt> "I think we should petition housing, get them to move us into different rooms, clearly we're not suited for each other at all."

<Fabian> "What housing?" Fabian asked before heading on out.

<Walt> "Whoever handles the room assignments," Walt said, exasperated, turning around only to find Fabian had left. "...Asshole."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 6/13 Instance: Walter Langkowski: Superstar

Post by steyn »

:eeevil

Those two as roommates is awesome crack, I bet deep down Fabian is just poking the bear (Sassy the Sasquatch) to see if it'll wake.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 6/13 Instance: Walter Langkowski: Superstar

Post by PanicSwitch »

Careful, you may get your wish :shifty
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7