6/11 Instance: Career Opportunities

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/11 Instance: Career Opportunities

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Sacrifices Must be Made, before Deafening Silence

Kurt: Sitting at a table near the window of the tea and cake house, Kurt sipped from his cup, eyes reading the text displayed on his Kindle. Iain M. Banks was always riveting in his writing, which always kept his audience - at least, in this instance - constantly thinking.

Kurt: Such things were, in Kurt's mind, important for his line of work. Being alert, being in the right place at the right time, making sure that you were one step ahead. Even if the person you were following had no idea you were.

Kurt: Looking up past the fake lenses in his glasses he watched both his mark and her blonde companion leave, smiling softly as he looked back at his text, finishing the chapter with a satisfied hum of approval.

Alistair: Alistair wasn't doing anything nearly as exciting. In fact, he was starting to believe he would never see anything beyond the outside of his office as he snatched his phone from its cradle. Pressing the speed dial for Kurt, he leaned back in his seat, feet propped on his desk as he held phone between the side of his head and shoulder, listening to the ringing.

Kurt: The vibration in Kurt's pocket made him pause his last sip of tea, shortly followed with the sound of Sam & The Womp's 'Bom Bom' playing, quiet enough that it wasn't a large disruption to the teahouse, but loud enough to let him know the call required attention.

Kurt: Slipping his hand into his pocket he slid the phone out, laughing softly before he answered it, "Guten Morgen, Mutter!" he chimed.

Alistair: With a smirk, Alistair snorted at the greeting and easily replied, "Please tell me you're not sitting around sipping tea while you're supposed to be working."

Kurt: "Should I be scared you know? Or scared you still feel the need to ask that when we talk?" Kurt asked, only half joking as he sat back, shaking his head, "Maybe it's yes to both? Or to neither?"

Alistair: "Probably just that I still feel the need to ask," he muttered as he accidentally kicked a stack of papers from his desk. Leaning to one side, cord of the phone stretching as he did so, he peered around the corner of the desk at the messy pile. Oh well. Relaxing once more, he asked, "Anything good going on?"

Kurt: "The Wasp Factory is still a good book," Kurt smiled, patting his Kindle lovingly, "I was just enjoying tea and this great cupcake, too. Yourself?"

Alistair: Taking the phone in his hand, Alistair shook his head slightly at the response, rolling his eyes as he answered, "I like to think that kicking the paperwork over the edge of my desk means it will go away."

Kurt: Kurt snorted a little bit, "Better you than me, mein freund," he sighed, "The cupcake, by the way, was very good. As is the surprising amount of sunlight! Though...I'd hate to make you think I was being deliberately patronizing!"

Alistair: He cast the large window a glance, the weather just as dreary as it had been a few hours ago, and then he looked to his desk, heaving a sigh, "I'm jealous of your cupcakes and sunshine."

Kurt: "Oh, I know," Kurt assured him, "Just making absolutely sure."

Alistair: "Since I believe we've established my jealousy over your fantastic job, want to fill me in on any other details? Like, planning on having anymore delicious cupcakes? What's the weather forecast for tomorrow? The whereabouts of Rachel Grey? ...Or Edward Brock on the off-chance you'd had a run-in with him?"

Kurt: "Now, you know I prefer women, Alistair!" Kurt laughed softly, "I haven't had the pleasure, no. A shame, I was rather looking forward to meeting the 'man behind the mask'," he sighed mockingly, "As for the ladies, well..."

Alistair: Chuckling himself, Alistair insisted, "Well, don't leave me in suspense!"

Kurt: Kurt sniggered, sliding his Kindle back into his bag at his feet, "Well, they were just here - her and her 'plus one' - it's a shame I didn't get to talk to them both," he shrugged to himself, "Yes, just enjoying a stop-off and a snack I think. Cute couple! Though I'm sure the one had an influence on the other when it came to clothing..."

Alistair: "Did you happen to catch where this cute couple was headed?" he asked, fairly glad he'd decided to make this call. It was likely sad when an update was the highlight of his date, but Kurt made it amusing enough.

Kurt: "Texas," Kurt answered simply, "They flew into Dallas not a day ago," he scratched the bridge of his nose with a finger, "A visit to the parents, as I hear it!"

Alistair: "Huh." Alistair's brow furrowed as he mulled that one over, "Can't say that's what I expected to hear."

Kurt: "...you know, I also have a life outside talking to you?" Kurt scoffed, not impolitely.

Alistair: "So you've taunted me with," he grinned slightly, "Though, I have to say I think my paperwork beats sitting in the airport for some meet the parents drama."

Kurt: Kurt laughed back, "You can't find the entertainment in such things? I always said you lack a sense of humour..."

Alistair: "Well, not everyone's humor can measure up to yours," Alistair easily shot back, "And, you're right. It'll probably end up being far more entertaining than my boring desk job."

Kurt: Kurt laughed again, adjusting his sitting and considering another cupcake, "I can promise it will. In fact, I'll take pictures if you like?"

Alistair: He smirked a little, teasing, "Ooooh, pictures, eh?"

Kurt: "Du bist pervers..."

Alistair: "Well, it's not like they're unattractive just because one's a wanted criminal."

Kurt: "...true."

Alistair: Alistair cleared his throat as he decided this likely wasn't an appropriate talk, not that that had ever stopped him and Kurt before. Regardless, he moved on, "So, anything else, or is that about it?"

Kurt: Lifting his hat and placing it back on his head, covering his gelled-back hair, Kurt shrugged to himself once more, "She...has less piercings than you said," he offered, almost sounding saddened about that fact.

Alistair: His eyebrow went up, unsure of his feelings on this subject, "Oh?"

Kurt: "Yes. I know that's strange but..." Kurt sighed a little bit, "I was kind of disappointed. I liked the 'rock-chic'!"

Alistair: Alistair laughed as he pulled his feet from his desk, straightening in his seat. Cradling the phone between his ear and shoulder once more, he went about shuffling papers, "Right... I'll keep an eye out for women that will set off metal detectors then."

Kurt: Kurt laughed aloud once more, glancing over at the cute girl behind the counter and winking at her, summoning a blush and a nervous laugh as he stood up, "Please and thank you," he chuckled back, "Now, if you will excuse me, you're taking up my time working!"

Alistair: "Oh, as your boss, why would I ever do that?" he replied with another roll of his eyes, standing to collect all the things he'd knocked over, "Anyway, just let me know if anything good happens..."

Kurt: "Oho, you can count on it..." Kurt promised, "Anything to remind you why you chose the wrong career..."