6/11 Instance: Thermoptic Camouflage

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/11 Instance: Thermoptic Camouflage

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timeline: Current

Cecilia: Cecilia grit her teeth as she felt another impact on her shield armour just below the ribs. "The suit's gotta shimmer to it which gives it away but in this light it's fucking hard to see!" she said, cocking a fist and taking a swing in Mayday's general direction. Indeed, the futuristic space station environment from one of Mayday's games was backlit only by an enormous dying star making it very hard to fight back.

Cecilia: She snarled in frustration as her blow hit nothing but air. "Your spider-sense is over-clocked. There's no fucking way you'd have avoided that before," she remarked, taking a few steps back and bringing her arms back up again to shield her head.

Mayday: There was a sound of stepping, suddenly ceasing; "It's been insanely more powerful since I got my powers back!" came Mayday's voice from the shadows, her form re-appearing in a weak blink of light. Her new costume was a sleek black, lines running along certain areas and around the eyelets on her mask glowing bright blue as she re-appeared.

Mayday: "The other issue is that it has to vent the energy somehow!" she called out, leaping down, rolling and charging for Cecilia, raising both her hands as blue electricity crackled between her fingers for a moment.

Cecilia: Cecilia rolled to the side and sent a shield at Mayday's back. "Yeah, I bet that shit overheats like a motherfucker."

Mayday: In a split second, Mayday leapt up in a backwards flip, clean over the shield, but still moving forward. She hit the floor, lunging to one side and casting a web to the far wall, pulling and sliding herself in a c-arc around and towards Cecilia before rolling forward again, leaping up and delivering her hand towards the other girl.

Cecilia: Cecilia grimaced at the shock on her shields. "Yeah, that stings but I don't think it's quite at the level of a taser and I've been taxed before so I'd know!" She grabbed the hand that was on her and twisted it behind Mayday's back. "Be honest now - did you make this suit so you'd be like that asian guy in that game?"

Mayday: Mayday winced, grinning slightly as she let herself get taken into the hold, "What, Kai Leng? Hell no..." she loosened her arm, buckling forward and kicking back into Cecilia's leg with a little added strength from her power, "Infiltrator Master Race!"

Cecilia: Cecilia buckled as the kick hit her knee. "Argh! Charlie horse! Goddammit May - I'll get you for that!" she said, struggling to her feet and chasing after her. "You're so dead!"

Mayday: "Goooodbye!" Mayday laughed, messing with her belt for a moment before her outfit flashed white, fading her mostly out of sight save for a barely visible, almost water-like distortion in her shape. She leapt up and over Cecilia, firing a web and swinging away.

Cecilia: Cecilia cursed again as the webbing hit her. "Yeah," she said, pulling the sticky substance off her uniform. "This still looks wrong. Not gonna lie." She stop talking in the next minute though, listening very hard. "

Cecilia: "So four old ladies are playing bridge and the first lady says: 'I have confession to make. I'm a kleptomaniac but don't worry. I've never stolen from you guys and I never will 'cause we're such good friends,'" she said, smirking a little.

Cecilia: "The second lady says: 'Well, since we're confessing things here I have one to make too. I'm a nymphomaniac but don't worry. I've never slept with any of your husbands and I never would 'cause we've been friends a long time.' The third lady says: 'I have something to confess too. I'm a lesbian but don't worry. I wouldn't hit on any of you. None of you are my type.'"

Cecilia: Cecilia grinned widely as she came to the punchline. Hopefully this would work and Mayday would actually snort or something and give herself away. "Finally the fourth lady stands up and says; 'I make a confession to make too. I'm an uncontrollable gossip and now, if you'll excuse me, I got some phone calls to make!'"

Mayday: Mayday did in fact have to stifle a laugh, letting out a sound as she faded back into view, falling towards Cecilia with a hand held back, charged with shocking exhaust from her cloak. The suit glowed blue again, making her appear sinister as she struck.

Cecilia: Cecilia managed to duck just in time. "Hey, if you thought that one was good I gotta whole repertoire of lesbian jokes!"

Mayday: Slipping around and behind Cecilia, Mayday placed an arm across her chest, her other hand landing on her opponent's shield above her neck, pinching it and delivering a soft shock from her glove.

Cecilia: "Did you just vulcan pinch me?!" she giggled crazily. "Y'know that doesn't actually work, right? Trust me, May-" she reached back and squeezed the other girl's kidneys "- I'm a doctor!"

Mayday: Laughing, Mayday stumbled back a little bit, leaping onto her friend with a hug, "Surprise-glomp-ninja-tentacle-party!!!"

Cecilia: Cecilia snorted, swaying a little on her feet. "What are we having a sleepover now?"

Mayday: "Aaah, I'm tired now, to be fair. And besides; I'm done testing for now!" Mayday stepped back, pulling off her mask and smiling, "So, it actually makes me invisible, right?"

Cecilia: "Well it cloaks you," Cecilia said, stepping around the other girl and taking in the suit. "Think it'll actually work in the field? 'Cause that shit is amazing, man. If we had that when we faced those bug things shit would've gone down a lot different."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "I know it will. Danger had a few people help with the kinks, including that new kid, Robert. He's....eccentric, to say the least, but I can't argue with the results," she tapped the black area of her suit's shoulder, "The micro-fibre is laced with a kind of cell that reflects light when it it's charged with electricity. Problem is the excess charge needs venting, hence the lights and shock mitts."

Mayday: She snapped her fingers, "The gloves are based on what Noriko uses to channel her power, basically an improvised taser glove," she turned, pointing out the lines that were slowly fading in brightness, "And the lights look kinda menacing, which gives me the edge in the fear department."

Mayday: Digressing, Mayday shrugged. "Issue is, the cloak doesn't actually last indefinitely; it has a safety buffer that means it doesn't stay active for longer than sixty to eighty seconds or something. Means I need to stop and hide, re-charge, then cloak again."

Cecilia: "So it only lasts a little while," Cecilia said, running a hand through her hair. "Still though, this is amazing, May." She smirked widely. "You should show this for extra credit in engineering. Bet you'd take the top spot in the class."

Mayday: "I-it's not really all my own work," Mayday confessed, "The patent is, but I had D's help, and a few students too. I couldn't have done it alone," she blushed a little, smile on her face all the same; "This suit's like my red one: it's a monument to all the people who made me who I am now, you know?"

Cecilia: "How so?" Cecilia asked, tilting her head at it. "Who was involved in all this?"

Mayday: Mayday furrowed her brow in thought, "Well, like I said, I had Robert help a little - he....kinda wanted to after explaining away all the holes in my Tritium paper - a-and err...well, Danger said she had other students working on it. Maybe....maybe they just helped in the tests to conclude visibility?"

Cecilia:"...I'm a little creeped out that the AI robot thing made the suit," Cecilia admitted. "But if she wanted to kill us she would've done it by now so...I'll just try to forget that."

Mayday: Shrugging, Mayday scratched her head, "I ah....I think she's kinda...sexy, you know?" she blushed, awkwardly looking away, "....she can hear us..."

Cecilia: "I didn't say anything bad about her," Cecilia said, looking up at the ceiling. "Yeah...I don't get the appeal there...in more than one way. I think she looks like she'd be...cold - with all the metal and everything."

Mayday: "Have you seen her virtual template?" Mayday swooned a little at the thought, "Lemme just say, if Janet wasn't seriously the hawtest piece of lesbian here, I would have defeated Cormick for her a long, long time ago..." she snorted.

Cecilia: "I think everybody forgets I'm straight," Cecilia said, smirking a little. "I got so many gay friends I'm easily the token straight and black person."

Cecilia: "I'm glad things are working out for you there," she said, pacing around the room quietly. "It's nice to see you happy."

Mayday: Mayday grinned, scratching her nose with a gloved hand, "Aw, I'm always happy. As for 'so many', how do you mean? Have I made 'gay' a fad now?"

Cecilia: "JP, Lukas, Jan and you," Cecilia listed. "Maybe Laura now too...we'll see. So, you see. My life just gets gayer and gayer!"

Cecilia: "...I wonder if it's me? Hm, well I suppose if Fabian has a sudden urge to sleep with men we'll know for sure."

Mayday: "Whaaaat!? Lukas is gay? And Laura? Laura ain't gay, Cee-Cee, what makes you think she's gay?"

Cecilia: "Just the way she acted when I mentioned Hisako," Cecilia said, waving a hand. "I'll ask her later, see if I'm right, but I don't think I'm wrong....and Lukas is...I think bi is the best term for it. Guy's bar door swings both ways no matter what form he's in."

Mayday: Mayday blinked, "No waaay! Laura and Hisako!? Dude, you have to be kidding - you....you DO know Hisako's totally straight, right? Well....w-well, that said...ah..." she scratched her head, "That's what my 'gaydar' gets...which once assumed I was...also straight, so..."

Cecilia: "She's never had a boyfriend I've seen and I'm also as straight as you can get and I sure as shit don't hang off of you the way she does Laura," Cecilia pointed out, laughing. "So it's possible. Besides, I have a knack for picking up these things. Don't worry all will be revealed. I'm a natural at seeing through bullshit."

Mayday: "Well...to be honest, I don't think Hisako has anyone she feels close to. I think her and Laura are just close friends," Mayday shrugged, "I dunno...but I wouldn't ever presume with Hisako, especially after me and Janet - who'd have thought Hisako'd be a matchmaker, huh?" she giggled a little.

Cecilia: "Colour me surprised," Cecilia said, a bit flatly. "I dunno, there're a lotta odd couples. People don't always end up with who they picture."

Mayday: With another shrug, Mayday smirked, "Hey, who knows? I'm not sure, but right now, if someone's happy, they're happy, right?" she clapped her hands, "I think Laura and Hisako are sweet, but lovers? That's one I'd draw a line at."

Cecilia: Cecilia shrugged. "I could be wrong. I mean, what do I know? Anyways...let's not talk about Hisako."

Mayday: "Why?" Mayday asked, eyebrow raised, "What's your issue with her, anyway?"

Cecilia: "I don't have one," Cecilia said, shrugging. "Not anymore. She's not in my life enough to give me an issues, really. I just...don't like to think about her if I don't have to."

Mayday: "You...realize that only makes me more curious?" Mayday frowned a little, "Come on, I tried to eat you once. In principle, it's probably worse! M-maybe..."

Cecilia: "I didn't tell you?" Cecilia said, tilting her head a little. "Hm, I suppose I might've left it out." She turned her back and began pacing slightly. "Remember how I told you I cut her off 'cause we'd had more bad times than good and that I wasn't willing to deal with her shit anymore? Well...there was a bit more to it."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "Yeah, she ah...she told me how she felt, what she did..." shrugging, she paced the area, "I see why, but it was totally wrong. Who'd have thought depression and self medication could be so bad?"

Mayday: She smirked, "Well, I guess you, 'Doctor' Reyes."

Cecilia: Cecilia shook her head humourlessly. "When I went to see her after she had that hemorrhage she basically told me I was wasting my time, she didn't need me or anyone, never had. So, essentially, she meant we weren't as close as I thought we were...I was angry at her for a lot of reasons then but that...that just cut me to the quick. So I severed ties with her," she said bluntly, turning around now, her expression impassive. "It was the best thing for everyone, really."

Mayday: Stopping and approaching Cecilia, Mayday shook her head, "No, you shouldn't have thought that! I-I mean I DO understand, but...Cee, what if that was me? It WAS me once!"

Cecilia: "Then what was I supposed to think?" Cecilia said, arching an eyebrow. "What do you think I did? People have been leaving me for a long time, May. It hurt but I didn't curl up and die, I kept going. Hisako isn't the first friend I've lost and she won't be the last. When you live like I do the price you pay is occasionally losing people."

Mayday: Mayday shook her head, "No, I-I mean why do you think you lost her?" she sighed, "Just...talk to her, ok? 'Cause she's still kinda hurt over it, I can tell. Please? We need to work together."

Cecilia: "I lost her 'cause I wanted to," Cecilia said, simply. "If I had wanted to kowtow to her problems I would've. But I didn't and y'know why? 'Cause as much as I love my friends, I love myself more."

Cecilia: "I am perfectly capable of working with people I don't like," she said, laughing a little. "I've done it plenty of times. Just 'cause I don't like someone doesn't mean I let it effect my work. I'm not that petty."

Mayday: Sensing what she could only assume was unintentional hostility Mayday nodded, "Yeah...yeah, ok," she concluded in her mind that Cecilia was just as hurt with things, "Yeah, let's just drop it."

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded. Happy with that. "The people I have I'm happy with," she said, offering a smile. "I have never lost something worth having for very long."

Mayday: "Ok, that's kinda harsh..." Mayday murmured, frowning again before shaking her head, dismissing the thought, "Anyway, test is done."

Cecilia: "So what's the overall conclusion? Good investment?" Cecilia asked, rocking back on her heels.

Mayday: Mayday looked down at the suit, "I think it should have a kind of watch so I can tell how long I have before needing cover - as is I'm 'guesstimating'..." she hummed, "That said, it looks awesome..."

Cecilia: "I'm excited," Cecilia said. "Think I could give it a go sometime?"

Mayday: "Aw, I guess everyone'll wanna borrow it," Mayday snorted, "Yeah, sure. I don't mind! Just...you know...a-actually, it's made to fit. Er…hm."

Cecilia: "Oh yeah...I forgot my ass is way bigger," Cecilia said despondently. "And I'm shorter."

Mayday: "...oh, I would kill for your ass," Mayday groaned, patting her own and looking down at it, "It looks more shapely in ma' hero duds..."

Cecilia: Cecilia looked pleased. Someone complimented her ass! "Up for some grub? I'm starving."

Mayday: Snapping back to attention Mayday nodded, "Yup! I can have D run up a combat diagnostic, see where I can improve," she stretched, looking down at the mask in her hand, "Yeah, I'm a little in love with it!"

Cecilia: "Don't take the human and machine interface too far now," Cecilia laughed. "That's bit too Ghost in the Shell for me."

Mayday: Mayday laughed, "Man, I would interface the hell outta her...", she sniggered, freezing suddenly; "She...can hear me, damnit!"
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 6/11 Instance: Thermoptic Camouflage

Post by PanicSwitch »

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/ ... 4u1bi1.jpg

The environment they're fighting in, if anyone is interested.
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7