6/8 Instance: Geek's Infectious

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/8 Instance: Geek's Infectious

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: day or so before the game

Mayday: Humming along to Anamanaguchi, Mayday was sat in her PC chair, finally comfortable with the feel in her new room.

Mayday: At present, she was re-building her Halo Mega Bloks army, carefully posing an Elite latching onto the side of a Pelican.

Laura: Having come back late, Laura didn't find herself nearly as acquainted to the new room as she'd like to be and, as she slipped in after class, she paused to take a glance around, leaning back against the door. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but having a new room was different... However, she imagined she could've done far worse when it came to roommates.

Mayday: "Heeey!" Mayday chimed, turning to Laura and waving before stopping dead, looking over at her bed, "...d-did you see Cinnamon?"

Laura: "Hey," she greeted with a slight smile as she pushed her back off the door, moving through the room to her bed and setting her things down. Taking a seat herself, her brow furrowed as she looked to the other girl, "Cinnamon?" Then, she remembered the pet tarantula and shook her head, "Oh, no, I was merely reflecting on the differences of the room as well as having one roommate as opposed to two."

Mayday: Standing up, Mayday approached her bed carefully, sighing with relief as she spotted her pet spider beneath a fold in her duvet, "Sorry, I like to let him wander sometimes. To keep him sane."

Mayday: Lifting him, she made a kissy face, "Momma loves you, that's why, Cinnamon-bun!" she grinned at Laura, "Still technically two roomies!"

Laura: "I suppose if we're considering him as another roommate that would give him a right to wander," she reasoned as she leaned to catch a glimpse of the spider.

Mayday: Mayday smiled back, "I'm so glad you're comfortable with him! D-d'you wanna hold him?" she looked down at Cinnamon, who was busy fiddling with his mandibles.

Mayday: "He's harmless, I swear," the redhead smirked.

Laura: "I don't know why I would not be comfortable." Spiders were easily crushed if they were an issue, and, unless they were extremely poisonous, she didn't understand people's fear over them. Nodding, she moved over to the other girl and held out a hand, "But, sure."

Mayday: "Be gentle," Mayday asked hopefully, just a little nervous to hand her baby to the other girl; "You too, Cinn."

Laura: At the request, Laura carefully reached for the pet and cradled him in her hand, holding him up so he was eye level to study him. Then, she glanced over to her new roommate, "He actually upsets people?"

Mayday: Mayday snorted, "Naw, people are scared 'cause he's a spider," she shrugged, "Common fear, but look! He's so cute!"

Mayday: At those words, as if by command, Cinnamon dribbled a little bit.

Laura: Laura wasn't sure if she found the dribbling endearing or not, but maybe she would grow to find him cute as the year went on. "I don't see anything to be afraid of," she said as she offered him back to the redhead after a moment.

Mayday: "Great!" Mayday clapped gently, carefully taking Cinnamon back, who somewhat reluctantly stumbled back into his owner's hands, "He's my best friend, and the sweetest little gentleman ever," carrying him, she crossed the room to his tank.

Mayday: Cinnamon carefully stepped back into his tank as Mayday lowered him in, turning to Laura again, "So, rumour has it you and Hisako were in Japan?"

Laura: "That rumor would be correct," Laura answered as she wiped her hand on her jeans and turned to place the various books and notepads on her bed in their designated places.

Mayday: Jumping onto her own bed Mayday beaned at Laura, "Ooooh, that's so cool! You gotta tell me all the things!"

Laura: Laura's brow furrowed as she recalled their trip, listing the things off as she thought of them, "Well, I met Hisako's grandmother, we visited some museums, camped in the woods, had Samidare fixed, and trained with samurais." After a moment of debate, she decided that was everything and added, "Then, we came back here."

Mayday: "...that's the frickin' coolest story in the history of cool stories," Mayday nodded, "Samurai? Seriously!? That's awesome! A-and her sword broke!? And...oh, my God, that is so epic!"

Laura: With a bit of a laugh, Laura shook her head, an amused expression on her face, "I'm pretty sure it would've sounded much cooler if Hisako told it rather than myself, but it was pretty fun."

Mayday: Mayday clapped, "It's gonna be so cool having a ninja live with me!" she laughed, "You and Hisako are totally badass, you're like...she has the whole lolita-samurai thing, and you have the kick-ass urban ninja thing!"

Mayday: She shook her head, "Ah, my God, I'm spazzin' out over it already! Sorry!"

Laura: Moving to take a seat in the middle of her own bed, Laura sat cross-legged, still grinning, "Thank you, and it's alright... Though, I wouldn't spaz to Hisako, as you might just feed her ego." After a moment, she curiously asked, "Also, how was your break?"

Mayday: "Aw, it was crazy!" Mayday raised a hand to list things off on her fingers, "I met my Mom, found out I have a brother and half-sister, Janet confessed - oh! We're dating now - and I finished my Halloween costume!"

Laura: "Sounds just as exciting as ours was," Laura commented, ignoring the twinge she felt at the reminder of meeting her own mother. Instead, she focused on carrying on the conversation, "Halloween costume?"

Mayday: Raising a finger, Mayday stood, "You must tell nobody."

Laura: Her eyebrow went up, but she nodded and agreed, "Your secret will be safe."

Mayday: With a nod, Mayday knelt down, reaching under her bed and drawing out a black cardboard box with an 'N7' insignia painted in one corner. She opened it and lifted out her cosplay armor's chest-piece, "Tonight, Matthew, I'm gonna be Commander Shepard!"

Laura: "Who's that?" Laura asked with a blank look.

Mayday: "You've seriously never heard of Mass Effect?" Mayday's smile actually widened as she lowered the costume piece back into its box.

Laura: She slowly shook her head as she answered, "...No."

Mayday: Mayday hopped over to her desk, lifting her X-Box controller and waving it at the other girl; "Mass Effect one. Right now!"

Laura: "There's more than one?" Laura questioned as she stood, moving to retrieve the controller from the redhead.

Mayday: "Hell yeah there's more than one!" Mayday laughed, sitting down beside her, "There's three! And you are gonna feel aaaaaaaaaaaaaalllll the feelings as you play!"

Laura: Laura awkwardly balanced the controller in her hands, as she hadn't played very many video games, and she shot Mayday a skeptical look at the mention of feelings as she played. She didn't see how she'd end up that added to characters in a game, but she supposed she would see about that. Shooting her roommate a grin, she gave a slight shrug, "It sounds like we should get started if we want to get through all three..."

Mayday: With a nod of affirmation, Mayday stood again, approaching her library of titles on the bookshelf and drawing out the case of the game in question, "Prepare to be blown away, 'Commander Shepard'!"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 6/8 Instance: Geek's Infectious

Post by steyn »

Lol, d'awww that's so adorable