6/6 Instance: Overheard

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/6 Instance: Overheard

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after It's Always the Quiet Ones

Julian: Julian finally stumbled upon a room where having this phone conversation may be safe and slipped in, not paying the monitors illuminating the room much attention for the moment as he was preoccupied by the voice in his ear, his hand tightly clutching the phone. "N-not yet. Well, I mean... I just met her and some others, so I d--" he paused when he was interrupted, frowning slightly.

Jean-Paul: At the same time Jean-Paul was making his way to his appointed security watch time, frowning slightly as he saw someone dive into the room before him. Had he read the schedule wrong? Brow furrowed, he sped on down the hall and stopped at the schedule. No, that was his name down on this time slot so apparently there was some kind of mix-up happening.

Jean-Paul: Sticking his head into the room, Jean-Paul checked to see who it was he had seen slip into the room.

Julian: "But, I had plans to..." Julian started again, silently sighing as his protest was cut short. Really, he had plans to sit in his room and study, but he supposed that wasn't the case now. He amended, vaguely aware of the door opening, "Yeah, I guess I'll meet you at the Hellfire Club tonight to discuss it." He was fairly sure he shouldn't feel as disappointed about actually having plans to go out as the call abruptly ended, his arm dropping to slide the phone back into his pocket.

Julian: Swallowing when he realized there was someone popping in, he bit down on his lip and fought the urge to fidget, giving a slight wave, "Hey?"

Jean-Paul: Jean-Paul's eyebrow quirked up about the same time as Julian greeted him. Even though he was getting more accustomed to it, any time someone seemed to be sneakily setting up Hellfire meetings he couldn't help but think the person had something shady in the mix. "Hey, are you taking an extra watch or something?"

Julian: Looking around the room, Julian finally registered where he was and debated how he was supposed to answer that question while still getting back to the possibility of lunch. He briefly considered saying he'd already been on watch, but he was a terrible liar. No one would be a worse choice for the job he'd gotten roped into. "Well, um... I was thinking about lunch, but I can if you have something you'd rather do..."

Jean-Paul: "I think everyone always has something they'd rather do." Jean-Paul joked, coming on in the room. "I just saw you duck in here and got a bit confused, no worry there." Though lunch sounded awesome right now. "Don't suppose you'd bring me up some food, hmm?"

Julian: "I just... The phone," he stuttered, eventually managing to nod in response to the question, "Of course. I was, um, just in the kitchen with Jess. She was teaching me to make something involving chicken."

Jean-Paul: Was he this twitchy when he was a Freshman? Jean-Paul frowned a bit as he claimed ins chair, not sure on the answer of that. He was pretty sure he had his moments but there just seemed to be something a little off about this one. "Julian, right? Did you forget your lunch in the kitchen?"

Julian: He affirmed his name with a nod, asking in return, "Jean-Paul, yeah?" At least he was capable of remembering names and filing them away. "No, Jess was cooking it when I got the call, so it wasn't quite ready when I stepped out of the kitchen," he explained, hoping that made more sense than anything he'd said so far.

Jean-Paul: "Ahha," Jean-Paul nodded even though it was still a little off. Still, Jess was involved with the club as well so maybe it was something she wouldn't be overly appreciative of. "You'll be my new favourite freshman if you bring me back some, promise."

Julian: "People choose favorites?" he wondered aloud, internally berating himself for voicing that one. Of course people chose favorites, duh. With a sigh, he continued, "I can go see if it's ready in a bit and grab some for the both of us, if you don't mind the company." He'd just have to apologize to Jessica for being a flake.

Jean-Paul: "Of course not." Jean-Paul said, turning to see if anything was actually happening on the camera feeds he was watching. So far not a damned thing. "So have you been up here much for watch? It gets plenty boring. I think Mel's considered putting a mini-fridge of booze up here but that wouldn't be the best idea in the world."

Julian: "Not really, no," Julian shook his head as he answered, shifting his weight slight as he followed Jean-Paul's gaze to the monitors, "I'm sure I more suited for it than actually going out for things though."

Jean-Paul: "Lucky people who go out also get to do this, too. It's so much fun." The sarcasm coming from Jean-Paul was less dripping and more akin to Niagra Falls. "It's boring as all hell but it's necessary."

Julian: "I can definitely see how it'd be less exciting than going out," he said as he found himself a seat, "...And boring, especially when you could be doing so many other things."

Jean-Paul: 'Yeah, not exactly a night out at the Hellfire Club, is it?" Jean-Paul asked teasingly. "I'd probably do a better job just lapping the place for my watch but I usually stop up here at least for a little while."

Julian: His face flushed slightly at the mention of the Club, and he shook his head, "Not exactly, but I think I'd rather spend my time here than there. I've never really been that into the Hellfire Club."

Jean-Paul: "Yeah, I mean, I see the benefits but I'm not really much into it either...I probably should try but I don't think I have the temperament for it at the end of the day."

Julian: "I really don't think I do either," Julian sighed, offering as way of explanation even though that wasn't exactly who he was meeting at the club later, "My family's been heavily involved, so it's sort of a thing to do."

Jean-Paul: That explained that, anyway, so Jean-Paul was satisfied. "More of you, hmm? I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some kind of pattern in mutants or Xavier just keeps bringing you in so someone'll pay for the school when he runs out of money."

Julian: He snorted, "I think he'd be out of luck with my family. They aren't all that into mutants."

Jean-Paul: "Yeah, that seems to be a trend to often enough." Jean-Paul gave the kid's shoulder a pat though. "Luckily you're here though, yes?"

Julian: "Yeah, luckily," Julian agreed with a smile, "Not that my family is horrible or anything because it could be worse, but it is nice to be here."

Jean-Paul: "Ah, so they're sort of the middle lane kind of mutant semi-bigotry, still not to thrilling I imagine." Jean-Paul came to the conclusion that he needed to train his freshmen more as he still didn't have a lunch provided here but he could learn some patience.

Julian: "Sort of, yeah," he nodded, sighing a bit as he studied the monitors because he wasn't sure where to go from here. Then, he realized he was still supposed to be getting lunch, so he asked, "Did you want anything to drink with your food?"

Jean-Paul: "It's best not to give me caffeine but I wouldn't say no." Jean-Paul teased the kid, chuckling and spinning in his chair. "You don't really have to get me anything. If you want to just watch the cameras while I run down and back that'd be great though."

Julian: "Well, it'd suck to miss out on the opportunity to be your favorite freshman," Julian replied as he moved to stand, shooting the other guy a slight grin, "It's fine. I'd like to have lunch myself, so I can go get it... Though, I won't be as quick about it."

Jean-Paul: "Food is something I can always scrounge up some patience for, don't worry." He gave Julian a wave. "Just make sure you get a lot, yes?"

Julian: "As much as I can carry," he assured Jean-Paul as he headed toward the door, shooting him a wave back. Well, at least as much as he could carry without making a fool of himself in the process.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 6/6 Instance: Overheard

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Swallowing when he realized there was someone popping in, he bit down on his lip and fought the urge to fidget,
Just sayin'.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 6/6 Instance: Overheard

Post by Ferguson »

I am so bewildered by that.