6/6 Instance: Blue Steel

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/6 Instance: Blue Steel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Pack Up Your Baggage

Misty: Misty had been fairly surprised when she was informed she had a visitor, her brow crinkling in confusion as she racked her brain for anyone she'd spoken to recently, mostly expecting someone in regards to one of the cases she was working on. Closing the file she was perusing, she reluctantly left her work at her desk as she headed for the lobby the precinct.

Misty: It didn't help her confusion when she found one of the kids heavily involved with the Galactus case waiting for her.

Cecilia: Cecilia sat alert on the bench in the lobby, watching the people coming in and out of the station. She couldn't help but notice she looked more like the people arriving in handcuffs than she did any of the police officers. Nervously she began to toy with one of her piercings. Obviously she should have gone business casual instead of the jeans, scuffed converse and leather jacket.

Cecilia: "Officer Knight," she said, standing up and offering her hand once the other woman came into sight. She wasn't an easy face to forget. "You probably know my face but not my name. I'm Cecilia, I was hoping to speak to you for a minute about the Galactus cult, if you have the time."

Misty: As she clasped the hand in her own for a shake, Misty admitted, giving Cecilia a slight smile as she released her hand, "I did recognize you, but I was drawing a blank on the name." She wasn't entirely sure what there could be to speak about and vaguely wondered if there was more to it the police weren't aware or something, brushing the feeling off as she nodded, "Of course, if you'll follow me..."

Misty: Her desk wasn't nearly as neat as she'd like it to be at the moment, as it was filled with various paperwork, file folders, and a disappointingly cold cup of coffee, but she was sure she could quickly straighten it. She grabbed a chair and pulled it up, gesturing for Cecilia to sit before asking, "Would you like anything? Coffee, water...?"

Cecilia: "Coffee'd be great," Cecilia said, taking a seat, not particularly bothered by the mess. "I gotta feeling you're gonna need a new cup anyways. Your's gone cold I think." There was no steam rising from it anymore, so that's what she assumed at any rate.

Misty: "Yeah, I forgot about it... or possibly lost it in all the papers," Misty easily replied with another grin before going to retrieve them both a fresh cup. After passing one of the cups off to Cecilia, she sank back into her chair and cautiously took a sip of the sludge that passed for coffee in the station before starting, "So, the Galactus case..."

Cecilia: "I don't have any new information, I wasn't sent here by my group, so there's not a whole 'nother stack of paper-work waiting for you," Cecilia reassured her, studying her cup. Her Nuyorican accent was coming through talking to this woman. "I just...I've not had a real easy time coming outta that and there were a lot of loose ends left once our involvement ceased and I just...I have to know."

Cecilia: "I realize my problem is not your problem," she said, taking a sip of coffee. "I'm sure you gotta list of better things to do and I'm sure you can't tell me everything, believe me, I know how cops work...but if you could help me out in any way it'd be appreciated. For what my appreciation's worth."

Misty: "Well, that's a relief because I think the entire city has had its fill of cannibals," she said as she set her cup on the free coaster. She attempted to clear some of the clutter by organizing things into neat piles as she listened, shaking her head, "While I'm sure my paperwork should be on that list, it's not at the moment." Mostly because the case was fairly cold at this point. "I'd much rather field your concerns."

Misty: Once some of the mess was straightened, she reached for her cup once more and leaned back in her chair, "So, you tell me what's on your mind, and I'll just answer to the best of my ability? Fair enough?"

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded sharply. "I'd like to know more about one of your suspects. He went by Quentin Quire. Had a pink mohawk and wore a lotta sunglasses. I wanna know... I'd like to know more about his involvement with the cult. Why he was there, who he reported to, possible motives and so on."

Cecilia: "Information about Kraven and Rott would be nice too but it's Quire I'm the most interested in."

Misty: Misty looked down into her coffee as she thought about everything they'd gathered about Quire, taking another drink. Taking a breath, she replied, "He was in the foster system before he was emancipated by the state and, apparently, ended up dealing. Since he's dead, we don't really have concrete answers on his involvement with the cult, but it's believed he used the drugs as a way of luring mutants in."

Misty: With a slight shrug, she added, "I imagine staying with the cult would've given him some sort of home or possibly some semblance of belonging on some level."

Cecilia: Cecilia looked monumentally unhappy at this. So really Knight knew even less than she did about him...that was more than a little disappointing, she had to admit. "What about Kraven and Rott? Who are they? And, pardon my French, but what shit-holes did they crawl out of?"

Misty: "I'm afraid there isn't a lot known about Kraven, and what happened to him is unfortunate," she frowned a bit. While she had a tendency to bury herself in her work, she was still fairly upset over the fact Eddie Brock had murdered Kraven, and she did find it unfortunate if only for the fact it stymied her ability to get answers. "As for Rott," she sighed, "He's a train wreck."

Misty: Shaking her head, she divulged, "His real name isn't even Algernon Rottwell."

Cecilia: Cecilia looked away. "Yeah...we weren't involved with what happened to Kraven," she said hesitantly. "Or rather, Sergei Kravinoff, if the newspapers were correct."

Cecilia: She raised an eyebrow. "So there's actually some information on him," she said, interested.

Misty: "Oh, I know none of you were involved besides Eddie," Misty assured her, not quite able to contain the roll of his eyes. After draining what was left in her mug of coffee, she gave a nod, "His girlfriend had him arrested, and he ended up in a mental institution. Before that, he was a neurosurgeon who lost his license to malpractice."

Cecilia: "Well, the medical degree and the malpractice thing doesn't really surprise me," Cecilia muttered. "What was he arrested for?"

Misty: The only reason she managed to recount the details with a straight face was from years of practice. "Experimenting on the corpse of his son."

Cecilia: Cecilia wasn't really surprised to hear this either. Actually, she was expecting something that involved taxidermy on someone. She sipped more of her coffee. "This might sound strange but would it be possible to see him? I'm not gonna do anything to him," she clarified. "I just wanna ask him a couple of questions."

Misty: Misty answered with an apologetic look, shaking her head, "I'm sorry, but I'm actually not sure about visiting him."

Cecilia: Cecilia raised an eyebrow at this. "He has nothing to do all day except sit on his ass and stare at the walls and worry about whether or not he's gonna get assaulted in the showers. I'd think he'd be happy to dither on at a member of the opposite sex for an hour or so. I'm not making a habit of seeing him, I don't want to see him, but he has information that you can't give me and he might reveal more to me 'cause of who I am than he would to an interrogator. Can you give me the number for the penitentiary at least? I could talk to the warden, we might be able to work something out."

Misty: Misty worried her lip for a few moments before reaching for the stack of post-it notes and a pen. She wasn't sure about visiting Rott, and she'd probably said more than she should've because she doubted the information was going to get out. So, she jotted the number Cecilia wanted down and peeled the top note off, holding it out in offering.

Cecilia: Cecilia didn't take the note right away though. "There's one more thing," she said. "I saw some people awhile back protesting about how the case was handled...I was wondering if there's any way I could contact some of those groups? I dunno if it would help them any but maybe I could answer some of their questions...I was heavily involved in the whole thing. Maybe it might give them some peace of mind."

Misty: "Well, I guess I can see what information I can pull up on that," Misty replied as she retracted the note long enough to see if she could look any contact information up on the computer and write down the relevant information.

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded. "Thank you," she said sincerely. "If I can help someone else with this sorta thing I'd like to. I have a great deal of sympathy for people going through this kinda thing."

Misty: "It's no problem at all," Misty replied, giving her a small smile, before offering the note once more, "I imagine some support will be nice for some of them, if they're willing to talk about it."

Cecilia: "I think most if not all want some sorta closure," Cecilia said, brow furrowed. "If I can give them that then it might save them a lifetime of wondering."

Cecilia: She drained her cup and set it down. "I should be going. Don't wanna take up any more of your time than I have to. If we find anything else of note then we'll pass it along," she said, taking the note with the numbers and standing up. "You were Ed's partner for awhile right?"

Misty: "Thanks," Misty said as she stood, looking down to her desk at the mention of Eddie, "For a bit, yeah. I was training him." Apparently not well though.

Cecilia: Cecilia hesitated for a moment. "If you see him again, don't bother trying to talk him down, your wasting your breath. Right now he's listening to a voice inside his head and everything else is just background. I'm telling you this 'cause he's targeted some of our people and fucked up more than one that's tried to reason with him. I don't wanna see someone else get hurt or killed trying to save shit that can't be saved. Y'know what I mean?"

Misty: "I tried to talk him down before that bust," Misty sighed heavily, "He trashed pretty much everything and kicked my ass, so I don't think I'll be trying that again. But, thanks for the warning anyway, I do know what you mean."

Cecilia: "Frankly? You were lucky you got away with just an ass-kicking," Cecilia said grimly, thinking of Mel. "But for what it's worth I'm sorry that shit went down the way it did."

Misty: "Not much to be done about it now," Misty shrugged as she moved around her desk, leaning back against it with her arms crossed, "Well, except find him."

Cecilia: Cecilia just nodded. Knight was tough, she appreciated that, though she'd have to be being who she was and the position she was in. "We'll keep you posted," she said, smiling a hard smile and pocketing the piece of paper.

Cecilia: "Thanks again for your time," she said, turning and making her way out of the station.