6/5 Instance: Smooch Schedule

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

6/5 Instance: Smooch Schedule

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Jonas: Jonas chewed on the pen as he read through the paper, trying to figure out how to solve the equation. He was sitting in the library of the mansion, alone and without any of the lights on, just how he preferred it.

Cassie: Another shadow moved among the many others that shrouded the library in darkness, forming a swirling vortex near the door. First appeared a pale head with an unruly black mane, followed by the slender frame of the teenage girl.

Cassie: As she scanned the large room to spy her prey, an inky tentacle curled away from her body to lock the door with a faint click. Her movements made no sound as she slowly approached the boy sitting at the table.

Jonas: If Jonas had any hair on him, he would have felt them stand up on the back of his neck, instead, he just had a slight tingle that something was amiss in the darkness. He slipped the pent from his mouth, slowly closed the stapled pages of math problems, and looked left and right, unable to piece together what exactly might be giving him such a feeling of unease.

Cassie: For a moment she considered simply creeping up on him for a good startle, but surely there were better ways to have fun. Slowing her step, she once more dissolved into the flowing shadows surrounding her, to rise up from the floor on the side of the table across from him.

Cassie: "Hello, uncle Jonas," Cassandra said as her head poked out behind the edge of the table, a cheerful grin across her face.

Jonas: Jonas did get startled, but tried to hide it as his hands gripped the table. "Cassie... eh.. hi. can I help you?" he asked, worry lines appearing on the boy's brow.

Cassie: "I hope so," the girl replied, a kind smile on her lips, and emerged fully from her shadowy portal. "In fact, I think we may be able to help each other." She pulled up a chair and flopped down on it. "As long as you promise not to run away from me again."

Jonas: "I can't promise that, because the last time you said we could help each other, I ended up with my... thing in your... thing and we.... thinged. Repeatedly." he told her, already shifting his chair back.

Cassie: Cassandra bit her lip, wearing a sheepish expression. "Yes, I know this would be an awkward topic," she said, then held up her hands. "I promise there won't be any more things in other things, however."

Jonas: Jonas slowly relaxed his muscles and sat back down on the chair. He squinted and cocked his head to the side slightly, "Okay... I'm listening..."

Cassie: Pulling up her feet on the chair to tuck them underneath her legs, Cassandra bought some more time to sorting out her wild hair. "I'm not entirely sure how to begin," she eventually admitted, looking back up at Jonas. "Believe it or not, even for me it's not an everyday experience I accidentally slept with my time displaced great-grand uncle."

Jonas: Jonas shifted in his seat. THe silence between them was excruciating, and the boy held out as long as he could before he broke the silence. "I felt... guilty... when I found out. And I panicked."

Cassie: Placing her hands on the surface of the table, Cassandra glanced down at them. "A good reason to panic," she replied, her lips pressed together to form a thin line. "Listen, I just want to say I'm sorry for... everything... that happened... between us."

Jonas: Jonas's thumbs started tapping against the table. "Apology accepted." he said. "I guess I should apologize as well. Wasn't as if I actually said no to anything. Sorry I acted like a dip stick." he told her.

Cassie: "Ah no, that's understandable." Cassandra glanced up, a faint smile curling the corners of her mouth. "Just believe me that I had no idea about the two of us. Had I known we're related, I would of course have told you before.... nothing." Her smile made way for an awkward grin. "Then absolutely nothing weird would have happened between us."

Jonas: Jonas squinted. "Were you about to say some...thing instead of nothing?" he asked. "I think the only reason I was all panicky about it was because... well.. I don't know, I just got this feeling I grew up in a really... really conservative family, and that bit of information was the straw that broke the camel's back for me."

Cassie: "Are you saying I basically turned your world upside down?" Cassandra smirked, a soft chuckle coming across her lips. "You know, I'm used to leaving a memorable impressions, but I think this time I might have outdone myself." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "For better or worse."

Jonas: "I have this feeling that my dad was somehow part of the church even... wait... Cassie, seeing that we're related... do you know of any way to look up your family tree? Maybe we might find my branch somewhere there. Or at least a twig."

Cassie: Arching her eyebrows, Cassandra's expression brightened. "You know, that's an excellent idea!" she agreed, sitting up in her chair. "There has to be something, somewhere." Placing a finger against her chin, she pondered for a moment. "The best place to start would be my hometown. Maybe they have some kind of archives."

Jonas: "Hey, maybe it was... is my hometown as well. I wasn't buried that far anyway. Probably in the city limits there." Jonas said nodding. He took a moment to breath. "Cassie, I can promise you... I still feel weird about it all... but.. I'll try to keep things okay between us... Is that okay?"

Cassie: The smile returned to her face. "Given the circumstances, I guess that's all I could ask for," Cassandra told him. "And it's a good start."

Jonas: "Yes," Jonas agreed, "A very non-incestuous good start." Jonas nodded. "And when we visit your house... I'm getting my own room if we sleep over there."

Cassie: "That sounds reasonable," Cassandra remarked, putting on a wry smirk. "After all, I can't let you sleep on the couch, Uncle Jonas." She snickered and pushed herself up, leaning over the table to press an innocent kiss to the boy's bald forehead.

Jonas: When she moved away, his face was all scrunched up like a child that was forced to kiss his grandmother. One white eye opened then the other. "Okay, you get one platonic kiss on the cheek or forehead a week."

Cassie: Cassandra tilted her head and made some faces as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. "One per day," she bargained, raising a finger. "After all, you're my favourite uncle already."

Jonas: "One every third day." Jonas counter offered. "Because I probably need to go see a shrink or somehting.

Cassie: Studying him with an inscrutable expression, several seconds stretched between in silence. "Fine!" Cassandra eventually conceded and sat up. "I can live with that." She reached into the pocket of her coat and retrieved a small, leather bound notebook with an attached pen. "Three days from now..." she muttered while scribbling on a free page, "...kiss my uncle Jonas."