6/4 Instance: The Untouchable Duo

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/4 Instance: The Untouchable Duo

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Sophie: At a rare point of the day, Sophie had nothing on her schedule. Free time never sat well for her, so she took her guitar to the rec room to practice a little bit. She sat down on the back of the armchair, back against the wall, feet dangling into the seat of the chair. But what to play? She started in on Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway.

Kevin: Kevin was wrestling his latest piece onto the deck. He squished a lone bug under the heavy base, wishing it was Shaw. I can't believe he's my teacher! "My ex going out with my teacher! That's not right! Not fair!" He shoved the metal behemoth into place so hard to toppled over and rash-landed through the wooden decking. "Shoot."

Kevin: He paused to debate whether or not someone was going to notice or maybe no- it was all part and parcel of the installation. If someone had a problem, they just didn't know art, damn it. That's when he heard the music. He peeked into the rec room through the french doors.

Sophie: Failing to notice her person watching her, Sophie did pick up on the nearby mind. She glanced at it briefly, then refocused on her music, trying to not read the person's mind. She hummed with her song as she continued to play.

Kevin: Kevin watched her, leaning close to the glass. He shook his head, what was he doing watching a very pretty girl playing a guitar... he took a step back, tripping over his art thing and came down hard. "OW!"

Sophie: Noise, however, got Sophie's attention. She set her guitar down and moved to the door. She glanced out, eyes falling on the guy on the ground. "Are you hurt?"

Kevin: "Nope!" Kevin said tightly, grinning. "Just uh, feeling...dumb." He stood up. "You play very well. The guitar, I mean."

Sophie: That was a compliment. She was supposed to say thank you to those. "Thank you." She moved through the door to be on the same side as him, examining him slightly. "I like to play my guitar. I know a lot of songs now."

Kevin: "Oh yeah? That's great. What ones do you like the best?"

Sophie: "I like Kelly Clarkson... and Carrie Underwood. And Miranda Lambert... but some of her songs are really violent." Sophie tucked a blonde curl behind her ear.

Kevin: "Gunpowder and lead," Kevin sang a bit. "I was with this trucker, who played nothing but her stuff. She was a cool old lady. So... you new? I'm Kevin. Kevin Ford." He made as if to shake her hand, but withdrew,remembering the fingerless gloves he used for metal work.

Sophie: Sophie eyed that hand, not offering hers back out. She was relieved when it dropped back down to Kevin's side. "Sophie Snow. I am a freshman."

Kevin: "Nice to meet you, Sophie. I'm not freshman, at least, well, I've missed so much school that I probably am." Good, she didn't mind not shaking hands. Though, something seems a bit weird about her. "So, what's your super power?"

Sophie: "I am a telepath and I can turn into diamond." She fidgeted with her thumbs a bit. "My twin can too, but she's not here yet."

Kevin: "Ah. Interesting. Another telepath." He paused awkwardly. She must be shy or maybe just very quiet? "I have the touch of death." There really was no better way to say that, anyway.

Sophie: She furrowed her brows, studying his face a bit. Was this a joke? "I don't understand."

Kevin: "I have the bad touch, literally? I can't touch any organic matter. It shrivels up and dies."

Sophie: Sophie took a moment to consider that. "I don't like being touched very much."

Kevin: "I see. Well, I do, but I can't. I can't touch and I can't be touched. It's a weird world." Doesn't like being touched? I love it when I can get it. Weird. Oops. Did she just read my mind? Sorry! You're not weird! Really.

Sophie: "I'm not weird. I have Asperger's. I don't like being touched. Well sometimes. But not all the time."

Kevin: Kevin winced. "Ah, sorry." He was gonna google that later. "So, what kind of times do you like being touched? Or is that none of my business?"

Sophie: "Sometimes I need a tight hug. When I was younger I had a heavy vest that I would wear. It releases serotonin in the brain and can make me happy if I'm really, really not happy."

Kevin: "...Gotcha. So, uh." There was no real ebb and flow of conversation here. "You want me to get my guitar and we can play together, or do you prefer being alone for that?"

Sophie: "We can play together." Sophie remembered to look up at him and even smiled a little.

Kevin: Kevin grinned back. "Give me a few. I'll be back. Do you like sweet tea?"

Sophie: "I do like sweet tea. Both iced and hot." Sophie moved back to the door, heading for her former seat on the chair.

Kevin: "Great!" Kevin went to grab his guitar, hurtling up the stairs. He grabbed the guitar and his closed gloves.

Kevin: "I'm back!"

Sophie: "We need a song that we both know," Sophie adjusted her guitar just a bit, strumming a chord.

Kevin: "I know some country. I know some Carrie Underwood and some Miranda Lambert."

Sophie: "You said gunpowder and lead. Let's play that."

Kevin: "Okay." Kevin switched gloves and started tuning his guitar. "You start, I'll follow."

Sophie: Sophie nodded her agreement and started in on the first part of the song.

Kevin: Kevin followed, trying to keep up, but she was far better.

Sophie: Sophie slowed down a bit to match him, trying to make it sound correct.

Kevin: "Thanks. I usually play alone, so it's hard to play with others."

Sophie: "It has been awhile since I played with anyone. We could play together. We would need a time."

Kevin: "That sounds good. I'm free for a few hours after classes and homework. Before I do my art thing."

Sophie: "I will add it into my schedule." She remembered to smile a little.

Kevin: Kevin nodded, keeping track of the melody, grinning.