6/3 Instance: Burning Passions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/3 Instance: Burning Passions

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Bombs Away

Paige: Paige sat in the medlab after their rescue mission, face still bloody and her arm still badly burned. It had been rewrapped, but Paige was in no mind to go see Rachel just yet. She needed to get cleaned up. Yet, she just sat there.

Rachel: There were not words to describe how irritated she was about Paige not letting her know that she was going out on a mission. At the very least. Even if she likely would've taken it just as poorly as she was now. Stalking into the medlab in search of her girlfriend, Rachel felt some of her irritation give way to anxious concern as soon as she'd spotted her.

Rachel: When she'd come to a stop at her bedside, she demanded, tone making her displeasure at the entire situation clear enough, "What happened?"

Paige: Paige winced at Rachel's tone. She didn't want to talk to her. She forced herself to look up at her girlfriend. "I tried to save a child trapped under a bus."

Rachel: While she sucked in a deep breath, Rachel took a moment to study Paige's face and felt her annoyance deflating even more. Well, or being shoved down for the moment. Sighing when she realized what had likely happened, she moved to wet a towel and carefully started to wipe off her face, asking more gently, "And?"

Paige: "She... caught on fire. And she exploded." Paige closed her eyes, letting Rachel clean her face off.

Rachel: It wasn't quite what she'd imagined but still basically the same outcome. She wasn't sure what to say about it because she wanted to tell her that was a pretty good reason as to why Paige didn't go on missions. Instead, she reached up to her chin, carefully tilting her head to one side, and asked, "What happened to your arm?"

Paige: Paige moved her head easily for Rachel, not resisting her. "Bobby was fast with the ice after the bus exploded... but not fast enough. He doesn't know... Please don't tell him. He'll feel horrible."

Rachel: "He wouldn't be the only one," Rachel muttered, briefly glancing down to Paige's arm. She couldn't really discern how bad it was with the bandage there... Not that she'd know more than fucking awful. Though, Paige could have a papercut, and she was pretty sure she'd find it awful. As an afterthought, she added, "But I won't."

Paige: "I can't keep hiding, Rachel," Paige told her softly, taking her hand in her own.

Rachel: "Maybe not, but that doesn't prevent you from saying something beforehand." As soon as the reply had left her mouth, she'd realized how sharp it'd sounded, despite her matching Paige's volume to avoid being overheard by anyone else that was around.

Paige: Paige physically winced again. "I know. I'm sorry. I got caught up in the moment. I should have told you."

Rachel: "Yeah, you should've," Rachel mumbled and, satisfied she'd gotten as much of the blood and grime from Paige's face as she was going to, moved to throw the towel away.

Paige: "I will next time. I promise."

Rachel: Her eyebrow went up as she turned back to her, "Next time?"

Paige: "I told you. I can't keep hiding." Paige looked up to catch Rachel's eyes.

Rachel: She was sure her frustration and anxiety were clear as she met Paige's gaze, easily holding it as she, instead of immediately protesting, asked, "Why?"

Paige: "Because we've already learned that it doesn't matter if we hide or not. Bad things are going to happen. And... and...." Paige swallowed. "If I can help people? Why shouldn't I?"

Rachel: Lacking an unselfish answer, Rachel pulled a slight face as she averted her gaze in favor of studying the tiled floor. She couldn't even disagree, so she half-joked, "For starters, it's illegal."

Paige: Paige smiled a bit, standing up to hug Rachel. "No... but being a surgeon isn't."

Rachel: "...What?" was the only response that came to mind as she stiffly returned the hug, still feeling incredibly tense. She vaguely realized it was likely from stress from her worrying and irritation. Regardless, she remained in the hug as she backed Paige toward the bed, releasing her to gesture for her to sit back down. Something needed to be done about the burns on her arm, and they could sit there until something was.

Paige: "Well.. think about it... I can sew anything. I have a steady hand... and I keep calm in emergency situations. I could really help people... more than just doing hair or making clothes."

Rachel: "There was a head flung at the door, and you clung to me," she pointed out, "So, you don't exactly do well with dead bodies." Other than that, she was struggling to come up with anything else off the top of her head and took a seat on the edge of the bed, glancing over at her as she eventually managed, "Also, doesn't that kinda take forever to learn?"

Paige: "But that was because of cannibals... patients aren't going to eat me. And the time is going to pass either way."

Rachel: Rachel leaned back on her elbows as she carefully considered her girlfriend, eventually concluding, "I guess that would mean I have even more to brag about..."

Paige: Paige laughed at that, laying back with Rachel finally. "Yeah? You brag about me?"

Rachel: "Well, duh," she rolled her eyes, "I'd be stupid not to."

Paige: "So how do you feel about a sexy doctor for a girlfriend?" Paige slid closer to Rachel, relaxing finally.

Rachel: Rachel was still relatively tense, even at the close proximity, and gave a slight shrug, "As appealing as it sounds, you're just going to have more reasons to yell at me for smoking... which I'd mostly quit until I was worried about being told you were dead."

Paige: "You have that little faith in my ability?"

Rachel: Rachel raised her eyebrows as she glanced over to her and briefly wondered whether this was one of those times where she was supposed to remain silent or lie, however she didn't go with either of those options. "Only some of your abilities..."

Paige: "Rachie..." Paige pressed her forehead against Rachel's. "I will always come back to you. And we can do this together. There's no reason we can't."

Rachel: "I can't," she gave a small shake of her head as she glanced down. When she realized how that likely sounded, she heaved a sigh before offering an explanation, "I mean, I can't work with you. Not on actual missions, anyway."

Paige: "But... why?" Paige looked at her, confused and hurt.

Rachel: Scooting to sit up properly, Rachel pulled away and, brow furrowed, found an interesting spot on the opposing wall to study rather than take in Paige's expression. It was bad enough saying she couldn't because she wanted to believe she could, but... "It's just a bad idea," she bit down on her lip, "I'd be a huge emotional liability. Plus, I'm.... Well, I could be a killing spree waiting to happen, and people can't deal with another of those..."

Rachel: With a shrug, she finished simply, "So, I can't."

Paige: "What are you taking about?" Paige sat up a bit to stare at the back of Rachel.

Rachel: She gave a slight roll of her eyes, shaking her head, "I don't want to risk earning myself a trip back to prison for killing, maiming, or turning someone into a Jason because something happened to you."

Paige: Paige wrapped her arms around Rachel, resting her cheek against her girlfriend's back. "Something can happen if I stay here too, you know," she told her softly.

Rachel: "Yeah, I know..." she replied, careful of Paige's wrapped burn as she rested her arms over the other girl's, "I'm just saying we should avoid going on missions together." She paused as she considered an idea, voicing it after a moment, "Like, we could take turns... Since you went on this one, I'll go on the next one or something..."

Paige: "I can go on evac and medical ones. Since I'm picking up those classes again. How does that sound?"

Rachel: "Don't you deal with enough classes?" Rachel asked with a slight grin as she nodded, teasing as she continued, "Between them, training, missions, and this doctor stuff, when are you ever going to have free time?"

Paige: "I'll have plenty," Paige kissed on her. "I have to have my Rachie time after all."

Rachel: "Yeah, like when you're sleeping," she snorted, adding more seriously, "Are you going to be okay? With the whole... Well, with what happened earlier?"

Paige: Paige giggled a bit, then got more serious. "I'll be ok. We'll find whoever is responsible."

Rachel: "I hope so," Rachel sighed, getting off the subject by asking, "When are you free to leave here?"

Paige: "I think I'm good now."

Rachel: "Are you sure your arm is fine? There's nothing else they're going to do for it?" She was likely being overbearing, but she continued anyway, "I'm sure Anna could heal it. It would make taking a shower easier because you definitely need one, and I'm sure the water wouldn't feel great on that burn... and you'd have to get a new bandage..."

Paige: Paige smiled softly at her. "Why don't you go get that shower started and I'll catch Anna."

Rachel: "Sure," Rachel agreed with a nod, "I'll see you in a few."

Paige: "I love you." Paige kissed her softly.

Rachel: "I love you too," she mumbled as she moved to get up, shooting her a slight grin, "Now, stop wasting time and go find Anna."