6/3 Instance: That's Gay

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/3 Instance: That's Gay

Post by Ferguson »

TImelined after Soap

Walt: Walt sighed and settled down on the rec room couch for what would probably be the crappiest night he'd had in a long time. He'd come back from hanging out with Alison to find his dorm room locked and Fabian wouldn't answer him even when he banged on the door.

Walt: It'd been a mistake to put his ear to the door but at least now he knew why he was kicked out: his roommate had brought home another guy. Walt grabbed a throw off the back of the couch, sniffed it and threw it away. Fabian was just lucky he had some pills in a case with him.

Jean-Paul: Jean-Paul buzzed in, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV. He plopped down in his usual spot and was up the second after once he realized someone's feet were in his usual spot. "Oh, hey Walt...nap-time?" He asked confused, turning the television off.

Walt: Walt flinched as JP zipped up out of nowhere yet again and sat on his feet for a second. "Jean-Paul! Uhm...no..." How was the evening nap-time? "Err...actually this is bedtime...or it would be if it weren't for my stupid roommate," he griped.

Jean-Paul: Someone had a grandma bedtime. Jean-Paul just smiled at that, claiming the chair to the other side of Walt. "Why, what'd he do?"

Walt: "That jerk locked me out of the room," he replied crossing his arms and frowning. "He's in there, he's just not letting me in because he's sleeping with some guy...he's not a sociopath is he? Because I've never met anyone so self-centred. Really, the guy doesn't care about anyone but himself."

Jean-Paul: "…Would you rather he have left the door unlocked?...and wait, guy?" Jean-Paul was very confused at that part.

Walt: "It's probably that Lukas jerk I met the other day," Walt said, getting all riled up just thinking about it.... but Jean-Paul had a good point there. "Well...no, I wouldn't...but I would've preferred he asked in the first place or warned me what was coming."

Jean-Paul: "...Yeah, last I checked the two of them didn't have that kind of a relationship. Are you sure that's what was happening? If so prepare for a shit-storm."

Walt: "Uh... why would there be a problem?" Walt said, a bit confused. "They're 'friends with benefits' or something...that's a gay person thing, right?" Walt had no damn idea, but how could he? He wasn't gay! He didn't know the gay code of conduct or whatever.

Jean-Paul: "...a 'gay person thing'...no, that isn't a gay person thing." Jean-Paul frowned at him, shaking his head a bit. "They're friends last I checked and why would Fabian be doing any kind of 'gay person thing'?"

Walt: "...Because he's gay?" Walt said, getting more and more confused as this conversation continued. He frowned. "It's not? Err...well, I suppose I wouldn't really know...wait, how do you know?"

Jean-Paul: "Because I know his girlfriend and I'm gay?" Jean-Paul just looked at him confused. "And, for the record, 'friends with benefits' is an every kind of person kind of thing."

Walt: "...Oh my God, one of the girls here actually dates him?" Well, that would explain why Walt had found him washing women's underwear in the sink the other day...actually, that was still weird. "Who is it?"

Walt: "You ARE?!" Holy crap he did not see that one coming. "Really? You don't look like it."

Jean-Paul: "Yeah, I am...how exactly do gay people look?" Jean-Paul crossed his arms, ready to watch Walt dig himself out of that one. "Cecilia Reyes."

Walt: Walt winced. "Err...not the way I thought they did?" he said, more than a little embarrassed. "I don't know...I've never met anybody who was gay before...Edmonton doesn't exactly have a thriving gay community."

Jean-Paul: "Not everyone wears gold lame pants and calls everyone darling. I'll give you five bucks if you can guess who my boyfriend is." Jean-Paul teased. "Don't worry about it, that's not the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."

Walt: "I'm sorry… I didn't mean to offend you," Walt said, nervous he'd screwed this up. "I've been told I'm not good at picking up on these things..." By Fabian of all people. "Uh...I don't really see that. The two of them fight a lot..."

Jean-Paul: "Do they?" Jean-Paul shrugged. "I guess whatever they do with each other it's working by them. Quite frankly? I don't get the appeal to genitals that are out for a period each month but to each their own."

Walt: Walt shifted a little uncomfortably. He'd never really thought about it to be honest. "Hm...I guess everyone has different relationships." God knew his parents didn't have a much healthier one. "I dunno...maybe 'fight' isn't the right word. They don't scream at each other but they're...not exactly friendly?" He shrugged. "I don't know what it's called."

Jean-Paul: "In any case they've got you out here...do you not have your key?" Jean-Paul asked, smirking a bit.

Walt: "No, I left it in the room...but it's probably for the best I did," Walt said. "I don't think either of them would be happy if I interrupted them." He made a slight face at that. "They'll probably be done in awhile...I'll just go back later."

Jean-Paul: "No, what you do is you put the key in the lock and jiggle it but don't actually turn it. That way they'll realize someone's coming in but you're in no danger of actually seeing anything...but yeah, probably best not to interrupt. You know there are other beds around the place though or you could just use the DR and make a bedroom?"

Walt: "I guess there's some extra rooms around...I would use the DR but I'm a little troubled by the prospect of the AI watching me...I'm sorry, but I've seen 2001 Space Odyssey far too many times for that not to be creepy. No matter how interesting I find Danger."

Jean-Paul: "Then I can't wait for the first time you're on security duty in the camera room, then you'll really freak out." Jean-Paul laughed. "So, I guess I cleared a few things up for you at least?"

Walt: Walt nodded slowly. "I think so...uh...well, actually there's one other thing...who else is gay? So I don't embarrass myself again."

Jean-Paul: "Well...I'd more recommend...not wording things some of the ways you did rather than giving you a cheat sheet. You never know who's still talking to Mr. and Mrs. Beaver."

Walt: Walt blinked. "Beaver...?" He had no idea what furry animals from their native land had to do with anything. "Uhm...okay. Is there anything in particular I shouldn't say?"

Jean-Paul: "It was a joke, a closet joke." Jean-Paul snorted, wondering what rock Walt had been living under in Edmonton because surely there was only so much living in Alberta could do to a person.

Jean-Paul: "Well, apparently you've got a pretty set idea about how gay people look, for one." He teased again. "You'll get used to it."

Walt: Walt fiddled with his glasses. "Uhm...apparently not. I actually thought you were straight...and I thought Fabian was a gay cross-dresser." He winced at that. "Don't tell him I told you that."

Jean-Paul: "I won't." Jean-Paul promised. "It wouldn't be something to be ashamed of being, though."

Walt: "Well, it might be where I come from," Walt admitted. "I mean, I do know why people do it...and it's their right to...even if I find it a bit odd." He shrugged. " I am Canadian, I don't think being gay is wrong or anything...I just have little personal experience with it."

Walt: "So...if I come off as ignorant or something I apologize in advance," he said, smiling slightly. "I'm not trying to offend. I really don't know."

Jean-Paul: "...they had TV and internet in Alberta, right?" Jean-Paul asked, only slightly serious. "You'll get used to things, don't worry."

Walt: "Yeah, of course they did," Walt said, a little offended. "Contrary to popular belief places outside of Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver do have television and do know what it is."

Walt: "I was possibly a little sheltered growing up," he admitted. "But I've spent the last two years living in a group home in downtown Edmonton...I'm more street savvy than most give me credit for."

Jean-Paul: "Then you've had exposure enough, just not in person." Jean-Paul pointed out. "The internet is a great resource after all as is television so you know more than you're letting on."

Walt: Walt shrugged, he wasn't sure that was exposure since for all the many years he'd had internet he'd never thought to look anything about gay people up. Why would he? "I guess so...but I don't think television really portrays that kind of thing in a good way."

Jean-Paul:"…It'd depend what you're watching." Jean-Paul pointed out. He was beginning to get the feeling he could imagine what Walt had been exposed to.

Walt: Walt nodded. Now he seemed to be catching on. "My family's not very liberal either," he pointed out. "My father's..." He stopped himself, he didn't want to talk about his father. "They threw me out when I manifested, they haven't spoken to me since. I think that tells you all you need to know about my family."

Jean-Paul: "Yeah, sounds like some winners, still though, you'll manage." Jean-Paul assured him, patting his shoulder.

Walt: "Are your parents alright with...everything?" Walt asked, curious.

Jean-Paul: "Actually my sister and I live with our aunt and uncle but they're definitely okay; they adore Reed."

Walt: Walt nodded. "That's good...uh, sorry, why does every other person I meet here have dead parents? I seem to be one of the few with living ones."

Walt: "People don't...kill them when they find out they have mutant kids right?" Walt couldn't help but worry for his own family. He still loved them, no matter what they'd done...someone wouldn't hurt them because of him, right?

Jean-Paul: "…My parents died in a car crash when I was five, no murder necessary. I don't think everyone has dead parents, though, so I don't think you have anything to worry about." Jean-Paul was having a good laugh anyway so there was no harm done.

Walt: "I'm sorry," Walt said quickly. "That's...really terrible, but I guess it's good your aunt and uncle are there for you. It must be nice."

Jean-Paul: "Don't worry about it, I like to think I had a pretty great childhood all said and done." Jean-Paul shrugged. "So far I'd say better than yours for me."

Walt: "No...I don't think I can see you where I used to live," Walt said, smiling slightly again. "You're just too fabulous, eh?"

Jean-Paul: Jean-Paul just smirked a bit and nodded. "I can deal with that."