5/29 Instance: Go the Bleep to Sleep

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/29 Instance: Go the Bleep to Sleep

Post by Slarti »

Timelined the day after Fortunately Cursed

<Shaw> He woke slowly, before the alarm was set to go off, out of force of habit. Sebastian turned it off before it could sound, however, and rolled over to face his lover. She was still asleep, or seemed to be anyway, and he rested his head on his arm to watch her gentle breathing.

<Shaw> After a while, he closed his eyes. She was still here, and that was enough for him.

<Jessica> Jess mumbled a little in her sleep before she opened her eyes with a sharp intake of breath. She blinked slowly then smiled as her eyes focused on Sebastian, stretching out under the covers and shifting closer to him. With a small contented sound, she settled back down resting her head against him.

<Shaw> Already almost half asleep himself, he sighed and slid his arm around her. He didn't bother to open his eyes. "Good morning, love."

<Jessica> "It's not morning yet... not if I go back to sleep..." she mumbled against him, frowning a little because now she was awake enough that this was less of a possibility.

<Shaw> He hummed in agreement and nuzzled into her hair. "That seems a sound philosophy."

<Jessica> "Everyone should try it... I don't believe that you haven't... even subconsciously...." She grumbled a little and shifted, extracting an arm from beneath the sheets.

<Shaw> "I'm certain I have." And he had no problems with doing it again.

<Jessica> After a few moments, she pulled the arm back under the sheets and rolled over to put her back to him in an attempt to find a more comfortable position.

<Shaw> Her restlessness didn't bother him either, since her body fitted against his so nicely. His arm tightened around her again, and he found her hand with his own.

<Jessica> She smiled a little, drawing his hand up to her lips and pressing a kiss to the back of it. She lay still with him for a little while before she felt the need to shift again with a quiet grumble.

<Shaw> Once again, he'd almost been asleep when she moved. He sighed.

<Jessica> She rolled over to face him... for a little while. Then she shifted again to lie on her back.

<Shaw> "I do believe your subconscious has decided it's morning," he finally said, stifling a yawn and opening his eyes to watch her profile.

<Jessica> She groaned a little, covering her face with her hands and pulling up the sheet over her head at the same time, "I'm sorry..." She didn't want to be awake really.

<Shaw> He flicked it up to see her face again. "Don't apologize."

<Jessica> She whined quietly, "But I don't want to be awake..."

<Shaw> "Then go to sleep." He rested his hand on her stomach.

<Jessica> "I've been trying... can't get comfortable..." she turned her head to look at him, hands falling onto the pillow either side of her head.

<Shaw> His hand slid lower. "I could make you very comfortable."

<Jessica> "Mmm... as tempting as that is... I should probably just get up..." She rolled onto her side and leaned to press a kiss to his lips before shifting towards the edge of the bed.

<Shaw> Deciding that watching her was better than getting up himself, Sebastian stayed where he was.

<Jessica> Jess ran a hand through her hair as she got to her feet. She wavered a little, putting a hand out to steady herself on the edge of the bed before shaking it off and heading for the bathroom.

<Shaw> "Are you all right?" Normally, she was quite graceful and it was one of the many things that had attracted him to her.

<Jessica> She nodded, "I'm fine... I just... got up too fast or something...." she scrubbed her face with her hands, leaning against the door frame as her vision swam. "Maybe..."

<Shaw> Her tone made him sit up and move to the edge of the bed himself.

<Jessica> Now that she thought about it, she didn't feel very good. "On second thought... maybe I need a glass of water..." She straightened up, using the door frame to steady herself.

<Shaw> This made him get up and go to her. "I can get it for you. Why don't you sit back down."

<Jessica> She shook her head, "I'm fine..." she pushed a hand through her hair but the movement overbalanced her again.

<Shaw> "Hardly." He reached out to steady her.

<Jessica> "I am... really..." She was just a little light-headed. Giving him a gentle pat, she started back for the bed because sitting down sounded like a nice idea but she didn't make it three steps before her vision blurred alarmingly and her legs gave way.

<Shaw> "Jess!" He caught her before she could hit the bedroom floor and picked her up, jostling her with the odd angle.

<Jessica> It was several moments before her eyes blinked open again, her eyes finding his face as it swam into view. "What happened...?"

<Shaw> "You must have blacked out." Alarmed now, he laid her on the bed and brushed her hair out of her face, staring into her eyes, which seemed a little unfocused.

<Jessica> "Oh..." She didn't mind lying down so much now, she felt a little weak and cold. "Sebastian... I don't feel good..."

<Shaw> She was immune to poisons, but who knew what she'd really been sent. "Where is that bottle?"

<Jessica> "Bottle?" she dragged a hand up to rub at her eyes, "What bottle?"

<Shaw> "That's witch's brew you were sent in the mail." He went around the bed to grab his phone and scroll through to find the contact for the lab department.

<Jessica> "Witch...?" she was even more confused for a moment before it clicked, "Oh... um...." she attempted to sit up.

<Shaw> "Just tell me where it is, and I'll get it and get you some water. Stay there." Her insane curse theory crossed his mind.

<Jessica> "It's in the bathroom..." she considered not following that instruction but on further attempts to attain a vertical position, she realised it was futile and flopped back down again, groaning at the dizziness and groping for the sheet to pull over her.

<Shaw> "Right. Just relax." Sebastian went to the bathroom and easily found the bottle that didn't seem to belong. Opening the lid, he took a wary sniff. This was it.

<Shaw> After making a quick call to the office to make arrangements for an analysis, he got her drink. When he returned he saw her huddled under the sheet and sat down beside her. "How do you feel?"

<Jessica> "Not good..." she tried to shuffle into some sort of safe position to drink from but ran out of energy and gave up again. "I don't like this..."

<Shaw> Helping her sit up, he realized she felt hot, warmer than she had when they'd been in bed together. "You have a fever," he told her, holding the glass to her lips.

<Jessica> She took a careful sip of the water then lifted the back of her hand to her forehead, "Ugh... I can't have a fever... I have to go to work... and class..."

<Shaw> "I suspect you won't be going anywhere." He helped her take another drink before setting the glass on the nightstand and copying her action to feel her forehead and cheek. "It seems to be coming on quite suddenly."

<Jessica> She shook her head, trying again to sit up properly. "I'm not sick.... I'm fine..."

<Shaw> "You blacked out and you're burning up." Sebastian wondered now if the bottle did have anything to do with it.

<Jessica> She shook her head again and regretted it, holding a hand to the top of her head in the vague hope the throbbing pain would stop. "I don't want to be sick..." and she hated how pathetic she sounded just then.

<Shaw> The whining tone made him chuckle. "I believe you are."

<Jessica> She curled up and reached for him, "I don't like it..."

<Shaw> "Well, no, it's unpleasant." He squeezed her hand briefly and got up to retrieve the blanket from the foot of the bed.

<Jessica> "My head hurts..." She whined and rolled her face into the pillow. "Everything's spinning..."

<Shaw> "You're at a disadvantage since you can't take anything for it," he agreed. Draping the blanket over her, he climbed onto the bed and joined her, covering himself as well.

<Jessica> "Make it stop..." she begged, cuddling closer to him.

<Shaw> Her overreaction was alarming as well, but for someone rarely sick and unable to take medication, he supposed he could forgive it. "I wish I could, love."

<Jessica> She whined again and tried to find some position to lie in that was comfortable, "I have to call work..." distracted, she tried to crawl off the bed and find her phone.

<Shaw> "You can call them later." He grabbed her around the waist to secure her to him.

<Jessica> She flailed a little in an attempt to free herself but was quickly exhausted and gave up. "I'll call them later..."

<Shaw> "Yes, exactly." He laughed softly again. "You'll feel better if you can manage to sleep."

<Jessica> "Can't get comfortable..." although now she didn't have the energy to move so she supposed she'd have to stay how she was.

<Shaw> "I could still make you comfortable." She couldn't see his smirk.

<Jessica> She groaned quietly, "Not fair... too weak to move to smack you..."

<Shaw> He laughed.

<Jessica> "You wait... as soon as I'm better... you'll pay...." she curled and uncurled her fingers slowly, watching them swim in and out of focus on the pillow.

<Shaw> "Promises, promises." Sebastian shifted into a more comfortable position, with her overly warm body pressed against him. He could sleep like this.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: 5/29 Instance: Go the Bleep to Sleep

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

:shifty

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given