5/26 Instance: Old Flames

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/26 Instance: Old Flames

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a couple days after Bombs Away

<Pryor> Stepping past the main room, Madelyne glanced around her original stomping grounds as they were. "I have to say, whoever managed the redesign had almost the same exact tastes as the previous place. I suppose not everyone we associate with is good for change, are they, Sebastian?"

<Shaw> Taking a sip of his scotch, he took his time responding to her pointed insult. "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven." His eyes traveled up her slowly and appreciatively and finally came to rest at her face. "Sometimes we must change, sometimes we needn't bother."

<Shaw> "It seems you've decided your time is now, however." He finally inclined his head in greeting. "Hello, Madelyne."

<Pryor> "Maybe not my time; the end of all of this business will tell us whether it was or not but we'll just have to be patient." She returned his glance with a familiar smile and nod. "Hello, it's been too long, hasn't it. I'm glad to see for myself that the reports of your death were a bit premature."

<Shaw> "Oh, you know the media - always exaggerating." He offered her a seat on the antique velvet settee before joining her. "Of course, you have some personal experience with this at the moment, don't you, my dear? It's quite fortunate that SHIELD attack knocked you from the headlines, at least for the time being."

<Pryor> "There's always something. Of course, I imagine it'll only take a few drunken yokles calling in to Stoffilis or Rush before I'm part of the attack on SHIELD. You're never much in politics until you've got a conspiracy attached to your name now, are you?" Madelyne sighed, however, sitting back in the offered seat. "It is a mess, though, and it does smell quite questionable at that."

<Shaw> "Quite true." He took a sip of his scotch and watched her, before offering to order one of his minions to fetch her a drink as well.

<Pryor> "But, for the moment, I can let myself rest. I think this is the first night in ages I've managed to get away from a more structured work environment. I always did prefer this kind. So, is it true you've taken up a new vocation of late?"

<Shaw> Sebastian raised his brow and checked his shielding. "Hardly a vocation, and hardly public knowledge."

<Pryor> "Don't worry, I'm not poking around...just I've caught a few stray thoughts of students of the school. It's a good thing they're starting a psychic defense class because children these days don't know how to keep their thoughts to themselves...I appreciate the enthusiasm, though."

<Shaw> "I was rather surprised myself they didn't have one. You would think especially at a school run by a telepath he wouldn't let his students flounder around in the dark." He gave her a significant look and a sip of his drink as the waiter came around with her refreshment.

<Pryor> "Well, I suppose a few probably got around to our own methods but I rather think that wouldn't be appropriate for a classroom."

<Shaw> Sebastian smirked and openly admired her again, though his mind recalled a well-built desk and a plaid skirt. "Oh, you'd be surprised what goes on up there. Or, not surprised, I should say. Our methods are alive and well."

<Pryor> "I'd be disappointed if they weren't...and concerned our kind would die out." Madelyne chuckled, looking to him with a similar level of appreciation. "I almost want to ask about arranging some sort of assembly so I can have an excuse to come down and nose. I'm not sure I'd be allowed to have the time, though."

<Shaw> "I'm certain they would love to have you, and we could make it a more intimate affair, if you preferred." He watched her over the rim of his glass.

<Pryor> "I believe I would. They're much more enjoyable settings." She inclined her head, raising her glass slightly and drinking.

<Shaw> With a soft snort, he watched her take a delicate drink. No, Washington DC hadn't changed her a bit.

<Pryor> If anything it had made her more herself than anything. "I'll make sure a space is clear in my schedule, then, looking forward to it."

<Shaw> "Also, as you have certainly also recently heard, several seats on the Inner Circle have recently been, shall we say, vacated." He gave her a dark smile.

<Pryor> "I have heard. I would say it was about time as well. Some were simply getting too old to serve their purpose, wouldn't you agree?"

<Shaw> "Most vehemently." Shifting just a bit closer, he took her hand, brushing his thumb across her knuckles. "And considering this, I've been authorized to extend you an invitation."

<Pryor> "Well, I'd be a fool to not accept. And what piece would you have me play in your new circle?" Madelyne curled her hand around just enough to briefly catch his thumb but let it slide past.

<Shaw> "Good," he said, lifting her hand to his lips. "As my black queen, of course, for old time's sake."
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Re: 5/26 Instance: Old Flames

Post by Chaos »

An instance where Shaw is Shaw? And Nobody's mentioned Jess!?

Eerie. But Pryor? Dude, I totally would. I-In a professional capacity.

Damnit, Sebastian, you have TOO much fun. x3