5/24 Instance: The Fault in our Noirs

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/24 Instance: The Fault in our Noirs

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Jamie> Jamie read through the last page of the chapter in the self-help book he had been reading and closed it, nodding to himself. Confront your fears. Well, he wasn't quite ready to confront another cannibal... Or fire... So, he would start small. The person who let him get eaten in the first place.

<Jamie> He left the library and stood in front of the closed door, bracing himself for the long walk across campus. And to his fear. He sniffed, looked around, and adjusted his clothing. Stalling. He was good at stalling. He was also good at being inside a safe telekinetic bubble... But Jean was in class. This was his off-period. He huffed and started walking. Slowly.

<Fabian> Entering through the other door, Fabian couldn't help but look rather confused to just find Jamie...standing in front of the other door. "Are you...having a mental break?"

<Jamie> Jamie jumped and whirled around, immediately backing into said closed door and falling to the floor. Oh. Fabian. He whimpered to himself and pushed to stand, using the wall as a brace. "No," he lied. "Are you?"

<Fabian> "I did those before they were cool, over it now." Fabian replied. "So I take it you just find the door interesting then. I suppose it has it's merits....it's sturdy and keeps out some drafts and flies."

<Jamie> "I was... Preparing myself." His nose twitched and he tried to calm his nerves by smoothing his hands over his pants. "Nice to see you... Since... Before school ended..."

<Fabian> "Good to see you as well, I've not seen as much of you so far so I take it you've stopped following me around? I imagine you have better things to do with Jean, after all, right?"

<Fabian> As for what he was preparing for? Fabian was of the opinion it might be safer not to know.

<Jamie> "I was murdered. So many times I lost count. The only person I trust around me is Jean. So why would I follow you?" Jamie had lost all nerves and was now completely deadpan. "Do you know what death feels like, Fabian? Do you know how many different ways there are to die painfully?"

<Fabian> "I asked myself that as well." Fabian shrugged to his question. "And no, I don't. I'd rather imagine it'd be pretty permanent for me."

<Jamie> "I wish it had been permanent for me. You are a selfish person. You care about no one but yourself."

<Fabian> "...Okaaay, I think you're making some really strange conversational jump so do I need to go bring someone up to check on you or what?" Fabian put his finger up and slowly moved it away to see if Jamie actually was focusing on anything.

<Jamie> Jamie frowned at the finger, glanced at it quickly, then put his eyes back on Fabian's. "If it weren't for you bringing that Quentin kid around here, I wouldn't have had to go through any of that."

<Fabian> "...seriously?" Fabian dropped the hand. Was this kid seriously going to do this. "Why don't we have a seat, Jamie? I think that'll be the safest choice for both of us."

<Jamie> "No. No, I don't want to have a seat. I don't want to do anything you tell me. Because you are a horrible person."

<Jamie> And I may or may not, call you a terrorist in my head again.

<Fabian> "Okay, fine, tell me why I'm a horrible person." Fabian held his arms out wide, ready for this bullshit.

<Jamie> "...I already told you. You only think about yourself. You're completely selfish."

<Fabian> "Now, now, Jamie, this is your chance! Give me specifics, I'm ready!"

<Jamie> Specifics? He wanted specifics now?! Really?! Jamie narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms, "You have no regard for the safety of any human being but your own. You helped bring Quentin to the school, which, in turn, led to my murder."

<Fabian> "So...you're saying I'm horrible because I met a guy, along with a good deal of other students, who was homeless and peddling drugs and I thought 'hey, I won't be a complete dick to this guy'? Did we get taken in? A little bit, yeah, but I am hardly to blame for all of your damage."

<Jamie> "You bought into his bullshit!" He bit his lip to keep himself from apologizing for his language. Now was not the time. "It got me killed!"

<Fabian> "No, you and Johnny going out there to bait the now known security risk with no back up and no plan got you killed repeatedly. I'm sorry if it's easier to blame me but this is one stage of acceptance you're not going to do with me."

<Jamie> "This is not acceptance. This is facing my fears. You created them. So I start with you."

<Fabian> "And how did I manage to do that?"

<Jamie> "If you had indulged me and let me keep following you to train my private detective...ness, I wouldn't have searched for Quentin the man-eater."

<Fabian> "...And you're calling me selfish? I swear, it's like half the people in this school aren't self-aware. So yeah, that's a load of bullshit and you know very well it is Jamie. Me not wanting to feel like I was still a prisoner here being watched has nothing whatsoever to do with what happened to you and it's really shitty of you to try and pin it on me."

<Fabian> "As for me not seeing through Quentin right off...well, that's a conversation you really need to have with Jean sometime."

<Jamie> "I already know that Jean was friends with him. But she doesn't like to go into people's minds without cause. So there." He felt the urge to stick his tongue out at Fabian, but stifled it. "It's not bullshit! It's complete fact!"

<Fabian> "..." Fabian smiled a wicked smile but then backed away. "No, no, I'm a much better person than to tell you. You just...you just talk to Jean. And yes, it is bullshit and I called you on it. I don't know how it's not turning out to be in your head but I can't fathom the things that go on in there anyway."

<Jamie> "The things that go on in my head are trying to figure out how many times I was murdered and in how many different ways. I need to do that so I can cope with every. Single. One."

<Fabian> "Maybe it's time to pull your ass off of memory lane and figure out the here and now because dwelling on it? Not going to do a thing for you and if you're going to blame people here that did everything they could to save you instead of the cult who's fault it actually was then that's something you need to sort out as well."

<Fabian> "I can be selfish, yes, but this was not one of those times and whether you see it or not I do care about people. Not a lot of people, that's a fact but you don't get to say I don't."

<Jamie> "Oh yeah? What did you do? You probably sat on your bottom and didn't look for me very hard. Or if you did, it's only because Cecilia wanted you to, probably." He crossed his arms and looked down at Fabian's feet, "So I don't blame anyone but you."

<Fabian> "...you know what?" Fabian just shook his head, completely done with this. "If it makes you feel better to have a boogie man you can see in me then fine, you just keep blaming me."

<Fabian> "And only me, you got that? I don't want you giving any crap to anyone else, especially Cee because she's been just waiting for someone to throw Quentin in her face, because then we will have problems."

<Fabian> "If you want to believe I'm some terrible asshole who didn't go fight cannibals for you, Johnny, and Cassie then fine; it's up to you. I'm not going to attempt to reason with you because something in your development was obviously missing for the two of us to reason similarly so it's a waste of both of our time."

<Fabian> "Does that help?"

<Jamie> "I don't blame her for anything. She's innocent in all of this. Sure, she was friends with Quentin. But she looked hard for us. And she felt guilty. You don't. You don't feel bad. You hate me anyway. Why would you feel bad? I bet you would've been relieved if I'd died."

<Fabian> "She shouldn't feel guilty because she didn't do anything, Jamie and I don't feel guilty because I didn't do anything either and don't presume to tell me what I feel and who I hate or what relieves me or not because you're doing well to work out your own emotions, best not to try someone else's."

<Jamie> Jamie just scoffed at that. At all of that. Mainly because he didn't know what to say. So he scoffed again and turned to head back to his table where he had been reading the self-help book. "Then I will rephrase it: You're kind of annoyed that I'm not dead. Aren't you?"

<Fabian> "No, I'm kind of annoyed that you're trying to out-dick me but you can't even do it with facts."

<Jamie> "I don't have to have facts. I have feelings."

<Fabian> "...that's right. You stick with that and enjoy being wrong in your own little bubble. I hope your sanity keeps recovering and maybe after a while we can have a big boy conversation." Fabian turned to head on back to the shelves to get the books he had come for.

<Jamie> "We can't ever have a 'big boy' conversation. Because that would mean you coming out from behind your curtain of sarcasm."

<Fabian> "Sarcasm is the only way a person can cope with the truly astounding amounts of stupid that just comes bubbling up when you open your mouth. You're only interested in your 'feelings' and I'm not going to bow down to them so that's that and there's no reason to continue talking about it until you've wised up."

<Fabian> "So have a nice day, Jamie. I'm sure I'll see you around as I'm not allowed to go a full hour without being around a person who tries to drain my brain cells."

<Fabian> "And this hasn't been sarcasm, this has been a world full of truth. I just have a natural humour about me."

<Jamie> "I don't find you funny at all," Jamie murmured under his breath. "Meanie."
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 5/24 Instance: The Fault in our Noirs

Post by PanicSwitch »

Cecilia is having a hell of a time following this logic and I don't think her talking to Jamie will make things any more illuminating XD

Nice one guys!
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 5/24 Instance: The Fault in our Noirs

Post by Slarti »

<Jamie> Jamie just scoffed at that. At all of that. Mainly because he didn't know what to say. So he scoffed again and turned to head back to his table where he had been reading the self-help book.
Oh, Jamie... you just summed yourself up in that one line. XD