5/23 Instance: You Again?!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

5/23 Instance: You Again?!

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: before This is Fucking Awesome

Rachel: Brow furrowed in confusion, Rachel stared into the classroom she'd been told she would be using. She'd been standing there for a few minutes, her brain completely failing at processing why Monet was there because she had absolutely no desire to be around Monet. In fact, she made a point to avoid Monet.

Monet: Monet finished setting the packets on every desk and turned to face Rachel, arms crossed. "Are you going to continue to stand there, or did you need something besides Jason's brain?"

Rachel: "I need a number of things besides Jason's brain," Rachel answered as she settled for leaning against the doorframe, "Like to know why you're in my classroom... I mean, unless you're here for a lesson..."

Monet: Monet let out a laugh at the thought of her having Rachel as a teacher for anything. "No, this is my classroom. I teach psychic defense. Among other things."

Rachel: "Um, no," Rachel shook her head, "I teach psychic defense. Also among other things."

Monet: "No. No you don't." Monet walked over to her desk and picked up her teaching schedule to show to Rachel, "I do."

Rachel: Looking at the paper presented to her, she heaved a sigh and grumbled under her breath, "Ugh, fuck me." Reaching into her back pocket, Rachel pulled her own schedule out and unfolded it, wordlessly holding it out to Monet.

Monet: Monet took the proffered paper and frowned. "L'enfer." She handed it back and went back to her desk. "They apparently thought it would be a bad idea to tell us ahead of time we would be teaching together. Smart of them."

Rachel: She stuffed it back into her pocket and nodded in agreement. If she had known, prison may have started to look tempting the closer it got to the beginning of the school year. She supposed she could settle for a drink at Vito's after every class instead though. "Yeah. Well, I suppose there's a reason they stuck us together," she somewhat reluctantly admitted.

Monet: Monet made a frustrated noise and set her schedule back down on her desk and sat in her chair. "You'll have to get your own chair and desk. And I already have the curriculum for the children."

Rachel: Rachel supposed she could be civil if they had to work together and let out a small sigh. She took up one of the packets to glance over and pulled herself up to sit on one of the desktops, facing Monet. "So, what all does it include?"

Monet: Monet looked up at Rachel and gave her a blank stare for a long moment. "Can you not read? The syllabus is the first page." She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Basic shielding techniques, speaking to a telepath when you're not one, as the year goes on, more advanced shielding techniques. I also thought we might be able to demonstrate with them when they irritate us."

Rachel: "When we teach speaking, can we yell to show what not to do?" Rachel asked, tossing the packet to the next desk over after briefly flicking through it, "And, I'm good with demonstrations. Have to make this somewhat exciting for ourselves."

Monet: "Oh, I think that is mandatory. Otherwise, we'll have headaches at the end of every day." She still hated Rachel, but she could do her best with what she was given. At least until she got this mess straightened out with Xavier. "Do you have anything to add to the syllabus?" Highly unlikely.

Rachel: "We might have headaches at the end of every day anyway," she commented as she pushed a hand through her hair, offering, "I'll look it over, see if I have anything, and bring it back to you to discuss, I guess."

Monet: "You only have one day, you realize." Monet sighed and pulled out the class lists to see who had signed up. "Classes start the day after tomorrow."

Rachel: "Yeah, I'm aware." Rachel hated school enough while she was a student that she had skipped so many classes, however she was relatively sure Xavier wouldn't appreciate her doing so when she was supposed to be teaching, despite Monet being around to do the work. While she wanted to say she'd do it tonight, she was already pulling her phone out to text Fabian they needed to be drunk. Soon.

Rachel: Hungover was not how one should plan classes, but she could regret that tomorrow. "So, desk, chair, syllabus... Anything else?"

Monet: "Not that I can think of at the moment. If I think of anything beyond verbal attacks, I will call you."

Rachel: "So, pretty much never," Rachel concluded.

Monet: "Oui. You're smarter than I assumed."

Rachel: "Yeah, I occasionally have moments of brilliance," she replied dryly as she tried to look anywhere but Monet. She was glad she got a quick response, so she could focus on the phone, "I suppose I'll go away because, y'know... I want to spend my time with you about as much as you want to spend time with me."

Monet: "Bien. Au revoir." Ugh. This was going to be a challenge. Drinks and sex would help.

Rachel: After letting Fabian know she'd meet him in a few for their trip to the thrift shop and shooting Monet a mock salute, Rachel slid off her perch, grabbed the syllabus she'd cast aside a few minutes ago, rolled it up, and stuffed it in her back pocket. She'd have to let Paige know of her plans as well because drinks and sex would definitely help.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 5/23 Instance: You Again?!

Post by Svartfreja »

Jess is now even more glad that Shaw has been helping her learn all that nonsense.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6