5/18 Instance: Master Jekyll, Plus One

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

5/18 Instance: Master Jekyll, Plus One

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Robert 'Bruce' Banner, before game

Bruce: "In conclusion...", Robert smiled, adjusting his glasses as he glanced back at his slides at the front of the lecture theatre, "I submit to you that, as of yet, humanity has no substantial evidence to support the possibility that Gamma radiation is directly involved in manifestation of the 'X-Gene'.", he added the last words with little air quotations, much to the bemusement of the several people present.

Bruce: Tapping his papers, he leaned on the desk, "Can I take any questions?",

Bruce: Silence followed. Uncomfortable and long. His expression became more disappointed before the odd person began packing away their things, his tutor in the corner taking a few notes before starting to dismiss the class.

Bruce: Gathering his notes, Robert shrugged, shaking his head as he removed the USB drive from the computer beside him and made his way to the door, retrieving his bag on the way, "Savages, aye...", he sighed.

Rachel: If this was what actual college was supposed to be like, Rachel was incredibly glad she'd gone to Xavier's, even with all the psychological trauma that came with it. Although, she wasn't positive these lectures weren't their own form of torture. For a while, she'd been convinced she knew what was being said, only to realize she had no idea, and then it was just a challenge to stave off nap time.

Rachel: With the class flooding out of the room, she took her time to dump everything into her bag, stand, and stretch with a yawn, making sure to keep some attention on the speaker. As he started out of the door himself, she picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder, moving to follow, calling after him, "Hey..."

Bruce: The American accent made Robert double-take, "....sorry, do I know y'eh?", he asked, only half sounding interested, "Gotta get t' me last seminar, so...."

Rachel: "Well..." Rachel answered as she moved to catch up with him, shaking her head, "No, but I can walk with you."

Bruce: Sighing, he pushed a hand through his hair, "If y'ehr one of them 'erasmus' students doing them bloody surveys then ye'; I do like Marmite.", rolling his eyes, Robert glanced away, "So, g'ahead an' jot that in yer little notepad..."

Rachel: Looking down to the pages in her hands, the once-blank space filled with various doodles. It'd been her only entertainment during that lecture. She glanced back up to him and shook her head, "That's, uh... I'm not really conducting a survey. I was actually more interested in the whole x-gene thing..."

Bruce: "A stupid name for it, I know...", he shrugged, glancing back at her and slowing down, gaze becoming curious, "....what...specifically, like?"

Rachel: "Specifically, I was thinking it might have something to do with this 'green giant' that's been spotted recently? Like, recently as in last night," Rachel offered as she eyed him.

Bruce: Stopping, Robert blinked at her, shrugging and adjusting his bag, "A-all sorts o' weird bollocks happens up here, like! Y'ever heard of 'Geordie Shore'(?)", he frowned slightly, shying away from her, "Can ye' stop starin' like that? It makes ye' brow look canny strange..."

Rachel: "I suppose I can stop looking at you," Rachel said with a melodramatic sigh, rolling her eyes with a slight smirk as she took an interest in their surroundings instead. Shaking her head, she continued, "So, is that weirdness why you were late this morning?"

Bruce: "P-people are late all the bloody time, man!", he retorted, just a mite too early to have sounded convincing - and in hindsight, possibly a little too self-incriminating to that effect also - as he folded his arms, "And who are ye' then? The 'Spanish Inquisition' or some bollocks?"

Rachel: "Yeah, I suppose I'd know all the being late thing," Rachel grumbled, even though she definitely didn't buy into his protests. After adjusting the bag on her shoulder, she offered her hand, "Rachel Grey."

Bruce: Robert looked down at her hand, frowning slightly before offering his own, "Er...Robert Banner. But...I prefer Bruce.", he smirked awkwardly, "...look, why are ye' spoutin' crap about that tabloid shite? A-and who are ye? Never seen y' in a class before today."

Rachel: "I was never one for classes," Rachel replied with a grin, releasing his hand as she answered, "I'm pretty sure you're the green giant that's been running around lately, and Xavier University is sorta the place for people like us. Us meaning, y'know, people with awesome super powers and such."

Bruce: "Is it hard t' grasp that I've nothin' ta do with the bloody...", as he noticed the crowds around them thinning, he sighed, "Alright, alright, maybe I know what you're talkin' about. But 'Xavier University'? What, the place in America?"

Rachel: She would've thought her accent would've been obvious enough, but she nodded, "New York, yeah." Skeptical look in place, she finally glanced back to him to ask, "And if you maybe know something about it, do you maybe want to tell me?"

Bruce: Frowning a little more, Bruce sighed, "Maybe I....might have something to do with-... alright, alright; have you ever read 'Jekyll and Hyde'?"

Rachel: Rachel shook her head, instead offering, "I've seen a few movies."

Bruce: "Oh, you're one o' those...", he smirked, "Basically that. I'm er....I'm that. Kinda."

Rachel: "'One of those'? Should I be offended?" Rachel smirked back and gave a bit of a shrug, "You seen Carrie?"

Bruce: "Seen and read."

Rachel: She rolled her eyes, "Well, I'm kinda like that."

Bruce: Bruce raised an eyebrow, "Y' strike me more as an 'Avril Lavigne.", he confessed with a grin, "...y' mean ye've got one as well? A power, like?"

Rachel: "Hopefully before she was terrible... Well, more terrible," Rachel amended with a grin of her own. "And, yeah, I'm a telepath and telekinetic."

Bruce: Scoffing, Bruce leaned back on a table in the corridor, "Bullshiiiit.", he grinned.

Rachel: Looking up and down the hall, she shot him a wide smirk before grasping for the table with her telekinesis, finding the task far easier than she would've after Xavier had limited her powers. It was nice to know she'd made a good deal of progress as she slid the table down, careful not to pull it completely out of under him, no matter how funny making someone fall on their ass was.

Bruce: At the feeling of the table moving, Bruce jumped, turning around to watch it hover gently, "....oh, well, tha's just showing off, like...", he beamed, "Incredible....yer actually a Mutant!?"

Rachel: "Well, you called bullshit. How else was I supposed to prove you wrong?" Rachel asked as she released her hold on the table, cringing as it dropped to the floor, "But, yeah, I am. So is everyone else at the school."

Bruce: "Ah...but you can control yours, can' ye?", Bruce shrugged, "I...cannit. More likely I'll kill someone...I-I haven' been able to actually put a cap on it recently..."

Rachel: "I haven't always been able to," she admitted, "I mean, I could control them well enough to get by, but it got a lot easier after I went to Xavier's and learned how to..."

Bruce: "What, y' just walked out on yer first term of Uni to join another one?", he smirked, "...seems a little...unfair, ye' na?"

Rachel: "I couldn't..." Rachel started, trailing off when she realized how many possibilities there were when it came to finishing that statement. After brushing some strands of hair from her face, she tried, "I went right after high school." Right after barely graduating high school. "I know it'd be a bit of an adjustment, but you're not going to come across another university that's going to help you train Mr. Hyde."

Bruce: Bruce sighed, "I-I've got a family here, an'...how am I payin' for this too!? Loans were a bitch to get in the firs' place."

Rachel: "As hard as it might be to believe, it's free," she answered, "As for family... Well, there's always the holidays to visit?"

Bruce: "Haway...", Bruce blinked, "...free tuition!?", he scoffed again, "Bullshiiiit. Then again, there was a flyin' table...", he gulped, "...yer serious then!?"

Rachel: "Of course I'm serious," Rachel replied, not quite able to contain her smirk as she added, "I'd never joke. I'm not funny at all."

Bruce: ".....I have t' make some calls.", he affirmed, "....this is...gonna need some explainin', like.", he grinned at her, "Seriously?"

Rachel: "Seriously," she nodded, returning his grin, "And, take your time. It's not like I expected you to agree and hop on a plane immediately."

Bruce: With a nod, Bruce removed his glasses, "Erm...d-d'ye wanna come to my place? Meet the 'rents? Maybe y' can talk to 'em, explain' the place?", he frowned a little, "...a-are ye faculty? Undercover faculty?"

Rachel: "Well, I keep trying to tell everyone I'm not a girl you want to take home to your parents..." she joked before adding more seriously, "But, seeing as I am actually faculty, I think explaining things to parents is now part of my job description... So, I can totally talk to them."

Bruce: Blushing a little, Bruce folded his arms, "Well...y're not my type anyway; prefer intellectuals who din' fall asleep when I talk.", he stuck his tongue out at her, "Now, come on; free education, y' said, ah?", with that, he led the way out of the building, beaming at his luck.