SEMESTER TEASER: The Sword is Drawn

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

SEMESTER TEASER: The Sword is Drawn

Post by Ferguson »

Alistair: Alistair leaned forward in his seat long enough to press the intercom button and demand Kurt's presence in his office. He flopped back once more and shifted slightly, rolling his shoulders. He always thought he'd never seen so much paperwork in his life, but the amount of it was ever-increasing, the ever-growing pile had become a constant fixture on his desktop.

Alistair: Sitting up straighter, he pulled two specific file folders in preparation of Kurt's arrival.

Kurt: Stopping at the door to Alistair's office, Kurt left his fedora on the coat hanger outside and offering a coy smirk to the receptionist before stepping inside, closing the door behind him and entering with a polite nod to the room's master, "Mister Stuart.", he smiled, "Guten Morgen."

Alistair: Alistair managed a smile in return and gave a nod to the chair across from him, moving the monstrous pile of folders to one side, dropping the two to the opposing side. "You mean there's something good about this morning?"

Kurt: "Mein gott.", Kurt snorted, shaking his head as he helped himself to the seat, "Courtesy of who this time?"

Alistair: "Have you seen the news about New York?" he asked in return, eyebrow going up.

Kurt: With a sigh, Kurt shook his head, "So we have to fix America? Again?", he smirked, "The vigilante turned outlaw, you mean. That....spider-man person?"

Alistair: "Pfft, because it was fixed in the first place," Alistair scoffed, giving a smirk of his own as he shoved one of the folders toward the other guy, "Venom." The other folder followed, "There's also the outlaw turned vigilante, Phoenix. Both were involved in dealing with that cannibal cult, Galactus."

Kurt: Taking one of the folders, Kurt flicked through, "Eddie Brock...former X-men roster...English? Hm...", he placed it down to take the other and open it, "Rachel Grey, AKA: Phoeni-...hold on, isn't this the same Phoenix as...?"

Alistair: "The one SHIELD is supposed to have in custody for destroying parts of four major cities throughout the world?" he finished and gave a nod, "Yes, that's the one."

Kurt: Kurt's brow furrowed, "That's a breach of treaty - didn't the French government want her incarcerated there? SHIELD appealed to take her into custody and then they let her go? Her rehabilitation was meant to be....", he thought for a moment, shrugging, "...a lot longer than this."

Alistair: "Which country didn't want to incarcerate her? ...America, obviously, being the exception there," Alistair snorted as he leaned over the large desk to pluck the folder from Kurt's hands, placing it on the desk as he rifled through it for the papers to back up what he was saying, "She was taken into custody on November twentieth, however I haven't been able to pin down a release date."

Alistair: "I did some digging... She kept a pretty low profile but resurfaced on Christmas at JFK International and was cleared to go to Fiji. Shortly after returning, she was picked up by NYPD for public intoxication with a... Ah, Paige Guthrie," he flipped through some more sheets, "She's also signed a release form for a Cassandra St. Commons in relation to the disappearance of Sebastian Shaw in early April and was also questioned as a possible suspect."

Alistair: Flipping the file folder shut, he sat back in his chair once more, "However, it was determined that this cult was behind that. It's a tale I've yet to ask Sebastian about."

Kurt: "Ah, Sebastian Shaw...", Kurt sat back, recalling the man vividly, "...nothing quite like an egotist with questionable morals, hm? Last I heard, Shaw was declared dead. Then again, it seems that tales coming out of America aren't always true..."

Alistair: "I can assure you he's very much alive, as he's briefly in the country," Alistair replied with a grin, "And, questionable morals aside, I may reach a deal with him soon."

Kurt: That caused Kurt's eyebrow to raise in curiosity; "Concerning what? If I may ask..."

Alistair: "Various technological gadgets, a possible solution to the problem of detaining mutants like Phoenix or Venom..."

Kurt: Laughing, Kurt nodded, "Sebastian does love his toys..."

Alistair: "Indeed, he does," Alistair nodded, "Hopefully, Brian doesn't hold him up at the Club."

Kurt: Kurt shook his head, "You can't be serious - you know Brian as well as I do.", he smirked, shrugging, "I can always pay them a visit, tell them to keep it quick?"

Alistair: Smirking back at Kurt, he felt the need to suggest, "No need for either of us to move when I can just summon him and tell him to bring Shaw along."

Kurt: "You just hate it when I show off, don't you?",

Alistair: "...Little bit."

Kurt: "Well, I can only promise to try and not enjoy that...", Kurt replied, grin still adorning his face as he stood, "If that is all, Mister Stuart?"

Alistair: Still grinning himself, Alistair motioned toward the files, "As long as you find out everything you can about those two."

Kurt: Lifting both folders, Kurt sighed, "What is that phrase: 'no rest for the wicked'?", he shrugged, "I will get things done, don't worry. Expect regular reports, as always. When do I leave?"

Alistair: "When you're done showing off?" he suggested, grin becoming a smirk.

Kurt: Kurt frowned, "We could be here a very long time, mein freund...", he admitted somewhat solemnly, smiling again shortly afterwards, "I had better book these flights then; until next time.", with a short bow and salute, he approached the door, activating his power and disappearing in a burst of sable mist.

Kurt: There was a shocked gasp from the secretary outside, followed by Kurt popping his head around the door, fedora back on his head, with a cocky smirk, "Could not resist; ciao!"
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: SEMESTER TEASER: The Sword is Drawn

Post by PanicSwitch »

SQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE!

Yes, I just squee'd. Awesome guys, very awesome. :D
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny