3/13 Instance: There for You

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/13 Instance: There for You

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Captain Hardcore

Paige: After Hank had stitched her up and given her painkillers for her hand, Paige had just stayed in the medlab bed and cried herself to sleep, lacking the energy or desire to go back up to her room. She didn't want to know if Rachel hadn't come back.

Rachel: Rachel anxiously pushed a hand through her hair, wincing at the slight sting in her newly tattooed side, as she quickly made her way down to the medlab. Once she'd located Paige, she let out a small sigh of relief and set the bottle of tequila on the bedside table, as she hadn't wanted to take the time to stow it in their room.

Rachel: Glancing around, she stole a blanket from another bed and eased herself down next to Paige, careful of her ribs and trying not to wake her girlfriend. Settling on her right side, Rachel reached up to brush some strands from her face, tucking them behind her ear, as she studied the bruising on Paige's temple. Right. She was totally awful for not being around until now.

Paige: Despite Rachel's wishes, the movement woke Paige up enough to realize that somebody was next to her. She let her eyes open, shifting enough to look up at Rachel. She couldn't describe the relief that flew through her when she recognized her face, but she was able to reach for Rachel's hand.

Rachel: "It's just me," Rachel assured her in a soft murmur as she reached to capture Paige's hand, glancing to make sure it was the one without stitches before giving it a squeeze. Ignoring her protesting side, she leaned to kiss her forehead, "Go back to sleep."

Paige: "But... you're here now," Paige protested in a murmer, snuggling into Rachel.

Rachel: She rolled her eyes, "I'll still be here later."

Paige: Biting down on her lip, Paige nodded softly, but she didn't listen. She reached up to stroke Rachel's face gently.

Rachel: Rachel pulled away slightly, tilting her head to inspect Paige's hand with a frown. "Do you feel okay? Are you in any pain?"

Paige: "You're here now." Paige told her, as if that answered everything.

Rachel: "I should've been here earlier," she muttered as she released Paige's hand, asking, "What'd McCoy tell you about your hand and head?"

Paige: "But you're here now, so it doesn't matter.... I'm fine. I should just take it easy for a few days with my hand. No concussion. I'm fine."

Rachel: Rachel gave her a concerned look but decided not to say anymore on the subject of her injuries for the moment, leaning to kiss her forehead again, "Completely fine?"

Paige: "I told you... you're here now. I'm patched up. I'm fine." She nuzzled Rachel's cheek.

Rachel: It wasn't a conversation she really cared to have, but they needed to talk about their day. As she leaned back a bit to study Paige's face, she let out a small sigh, "You're not magically fine after being that pissed earlier."

Paige: "So?"

Rachel: "So, talk to me."

Paige: Paige let out a frustrated sigh, taking Rachel's hand in her own. "It's just... I don't know."

Rachel: "Well, I'm sorry about storming out," Rachel muttered.

Paige: "I'm sorry I threw a shoe at you."

Rachel: She shrugged a bit, "It's not like you hit me."

Paige: "Well I wouldn't want to hurt you, Rachie..."

Rachel: "Well, you didn't."

Paige: "Yeah but your friend seems to think I will."

Rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes at that, shaking her head, "Yeah, but... Who cares?"

Paige: "Obviously you do because you took her to me."

Rachel: "Except I don't, and I told her you weren't going to hurt me because that'd be ridiculous," she replied, asking after considering her for a few moments, "Why do you care so much?"

Paige: "Because she's your friend. And she'll be an influence, whether you admit it or not. And she made it sound like we needed her approval, and I'm tired of needing approval. I don't ever want to feel out of control of my own life, ever again."

Rachel: Rachel was silent for a while as she mulled that over, shifting slightly in an attempt to get more comfortable. "Well, I mean... I appreciate Rogue looking out for me, but it's not that big of a deal because we're not going to have any major issues... I hope..."

Paige: "Yeah, ok."

Rachel: "What?" Rachel sighed.

Paige: "Just forget it."
Rachel: "Paige..." she started, trailing off because she had no idea what to even say. Eventually, she simply said, "No."

Paige: "What am I supposed to say!?"

Rachel: "I don't know because I don't even know what you expect me to say."

Paige: "When people butt into our relationship I'd appreciate if you told them to butt out. And I don't care if she's concerned for you, but she didn't have to say anything to me. I wouldn't let anyone accuse you of ever hurting me, despite the fact that you are the one who said you were unsure to begin with! I expect you to be there for me."

Rachel: Rachel's mouth worked as she tried to work out exactly what to say or how she felt about hearing that, eventually nodding, "Okay..."

Paige: Not expecting that, Paige blinked a bit. "Okay?"

Rachel: As she glanced away, Rachel released Paige's hand to rake her fingers through her hair, answering, "Okay, I'll try harder?"

Paige: "I wasn't trying to get you to say more... I was surprised by your answer."

Rachel: "Oh..." Rachel wasn't sure whether that made her feel better or worse.

Paige: "Okay then." Paige rested back against her pillow, staring up at Rachel's face.

Rachel: Rachel bit down on her lip, deciding the subject had been exhausted and moving on, "I got us a bottle of tequila while I was out."

Paige: "Then why are we still down here?"

Rachel: "Because neither of us should drink right now, and I don't want to move."

Paige: "Well... I hate it when you're right." Paige kissed her softly.

Rachel: Rachel brought a hand up to cup her cheek, trying to be careful of the bruising, as she returned the kiss, breaking it to speak, "I said we shouldn't, not that we can't, and I really should move."

Paige: "Help me up?" Paige asked her softly.

Rachel: "If I can get up," she answered, trying to swing her legs over the side of the bed and stand without bending overly much. She winced slightly as she pushed herself to her feet, making sure to offer Paige her left hand.

Paige: Paige used Rachel's help to stand up, leaning a bit heavily on her. "Thank you, Rachie."

Rachel: Rachel cringed at the weight, making sure to keep Paige upright despite her own pain as she reached for the bottle. Stopping suddenly, she glanced over to her, "...Wait. Did McCoy say you're allowed to leave?"

Paige: "I guess we'll find out..."

Rachel: She simply stared at her, torn between not caring because she sure as hell wouldn't stay down here or going to find out. It came down to the fact that she needed to clean the tattoo on her side, so she started for the door, muttering, "I guess so."