3/2 Instance: Dreams and Fantasies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/2 Instance: Dreams and Fantasies

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Cecilia> Staying with Fabian after the police had left and everyone had retired to their various rooms had helped a little. Cecilia did manage to fall asleep eventually...but after this nightmare she was probably going to wish she hadn't.

<@Cecilia> Inside her dream, Cecilia wandered through the halls of the mansion, the walls blackened with depraved graffiti. The bodies of students sprawling all over the floors, their insides exposed like deer dressed for the hunt, expressions of horror etched on their faces.

<@Cecilia> She ran down the stairs into the kitchen, intending to make a run for it out the back door as it was very clear she was the only living person left in the entire building...but stopped at the sight she saw in the kitchen.

<@Cecilia> Her father sat at the kitchen counter, his skin ashen and the bullet wound in his chest leaking a little onto the floor. "Hola, coquí. ¿Por qué estás tan enojado? ¿No estás contento de verme? Te dije que nos veríamos otra vez. "

<@Cecilia> ((Spanish: Hello, coquí. Why do you look so upset? Aren't you happy to see me? I told you we'd see each other again...))

<Fabian> Fabian, for his part, was dead to the world. Not much kept him up nowadays and he wasn't sure that was the best thing but at least it meant that he was almost always well rested when he needed to be. At the moment he was sprawled across the bed and Cecilia, not exactly sharing the bed well.

<@Cecilia> "No, déjame en paz. ¿Por qué no me dejas ir?" Cecilia muttered in her sleep, eyelids twitching. Squirming a little underneath Fabian. "Tienes que ir. No puede volver."

<@Cecilia> ((Spanish: No, leave me alone. Why won't you let me go? You have to go. You can't keep coming back.))

<@Cecilia> Alejandro smiled sadly. "Ah, Cecilia. Nunca me fui."

<@Cecilia> ((Spanish: Ah, Cecilia. I never left.))

<@Cecilia> Cecilia startled awake...only find herself inches away from someone else's face. "Ai!" She cried, struggling to get out from underneath whoever the hell this was, knocking a glass of water on the bedside table over with her arm as she struggled. "¡Aléjate de mí!"

<@Cecilia> ((Spanish: Get away from me!))

<Fabian> "I'monmyside." Fabian mumbled as he started to wake up. He was obviously not on his side as he burrowed into Cecilia's pillow as he said that. Hearing Cecilia upset and actually speaking himself was enough to get him to wake up properly, however, and soon he was blinking blearily over to her.

<Fabian> "What's the matter, nightmare?" He asked, sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

<@Cecilia> "...Yeah," Cecilia said, embarrassed. They weren't unusual for her, but she didn't dream about bad things all the time. She'd grown out of that awhile ago. "That and you were practically on top of me and squeezing the life outta me."

<@Cecilia> "...I knocked over your water. I'm sorry..."

<Fabian> "I don't think there was much left in it anyway." Fabian shrugged the water off, flopping an arm over Cecilia. "These beds are too small. I'm thinking of buying my own if I'm in danger of squeezing any life out of you."

<@Cecilia> "What do you expect? They're made for unmarried students. They're not gonna accommodate pre-marital sleepover's innocent or otherwise," Cecilia snorted, relaxing a little and shuffling a bit closer to Fabian. "Only way to avoid being squished is spoon all night or have someone go home after."

<@Cecilia> "You couldn't fit a double in here...besides, your roommate'd have something to say about that. You can't have me over all the time, it's not fair to him."

<Fabian> "I live with Sean. He might actually think this whole thing is a hallucination...plus I bet I can talk him into double bunkbeds." Fabian smirked, settling back. "Want to talk about the dream?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia's face fell at that. "There's not much to tell. It was disturbing, there was writing and blood all over the walls, everyone was dead and disemboweled including you..." For a horrible second she actually though she might start crying. Instead, she just swallowed hard and shoved the sudden feeling down "...and my father was there."

<Fabian> Fabian rubbed her back. "You're safe. I know you don't feel like it but you're in the safest place you could be right now...I mean we've got a squadron of cops out in our woods so whoever it was isn't about to be coming back."

<Fabian> "Can I do anything to help?"

<@Cecilia> "I don't like cops," Cecilia muttered. "This whole shitstorm was just a huge reminder why I don't like them...that's sensible enough and hopefully whoever did that likes them less than I do and won't be back."

<@Cecilia> She just shifted a little closer. "You're doing it right now," she said, resting her head next to his and holding him "...you're right that I don't feel particularly safe right now...but you forgot I always feel safer with you."

<Fabian> "Well, you're also living with a team of vigilante mutants along with a squadron of cops and you know that they're not here to bother you or me, they're fine." Fabian decided it would be silly to point out she could keep herself much safer than he could. If it helped he'd let her think he lived up to that role.

<@Cecilia> "No, not me specifically, but they bug me in general with their presence," she admitted, frowning a little. "They're mostly paternalistic, condescending assholes that're just looking for an excuse to make my life hard or throw cuffs on me. I'm just glad they didn't try to get prints from me or I'd have thrown an epic shitfit."

<@Cecilia> "It's the same as when my father died, first they act like your friend and try to help you and then they begin throwing out the accusations and pressuring you and get nasty," she frowned. "Social workers do that too...but they work more in guilt than anything."

<Fabian> "...you realize you're being a bit silly about the generalizations here, yes?"

<Fabian> He just smiled and kissed her forehead. "You've dealt with shitty people in the roles before and just because Eddie is being an ass to you while being a baby-cop doesn't mean that everyone in the role will be...but believe me, you don't have anything to worry about."

<@Cecilia> "...Your privilege is showing, mi heroe," Cecilia snorted, laughing quietly. "Bet you've never had one of your parents arrested or had the cops search your property or had to go to a police line-up, yeah?"

<@Cecilia> "Ed's...doing his job. He really wanted to be a cop...he likely takes the job a bit too seriously and we can't really expect him to just bend the rules for us all the time, that's not really fair." Though Cecilia wished it weren't true. "He does have to keep a low-profile...I just got pissed 'cause I didn't like people implying I might be guilty."

<Fabian> "...sister. in. prison. Granted, she did it but still. It's not that I want to deal with them but right now we're just witnesses and we don't have anything to worry about. Plus I'm telling you the truth anyway and if you're going to say the opposite then I'll just have to tell you your expectations show."

<Fabian> "Nobody was implying you were guilty, that's not the point of the fingerprints. And he was doing a shitty job at his job because that's not how he should have been talking to anyone as a cop or a friend even if he's not friends with all of us. If he wants to be a good cop then he needs to learn how to talk to people."

<@Cecilia> "...I'm sorry... I didn't think..." Cecilia said quietly "...you realize people have said the same about me...apparently I have a poor bedside manner."

<@Cecilia> "...and you," she smiled, poking him gently in the stomach. "You're pretty patronizing and blunt when you wanna be. 'Grow the hell up'? 'Put on your big girl panties'? 'Stop whining'?" She teased. "You don't hold back at all."

<Fabian> "Sometimes it's appropriate, sometimes it's not...I don't always care when it's inappropriate but, then again, I'm not a representative of the public." Fabian laughed, not even bothered about the prison bit of their conversation. "But you're safe, I promise."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia hummed happily. "Mm, if you promise it then I believe you," she said, stealing a kiss "...But I might say I'm scared sometimes just to have an excuse to come back here. I promise I won't wake you up all the time either...I have nightmares a fair bit when I actually do sleep but I don't have them all the time."

<@Cecilia> "Sometimes I dream nice things."

<Fabian> "Oh, you can wake me up any time." Fabian teased. "Especially if you'll tell me about your nice dreams."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smacked him a little on the arm. "I don't have those kind of dreams! Not anymore..." she admitted, a little embarrassed and not sure she wanted to share how many Halloween inspired dreams had occurred after the whole awkward morning thing. "I have funnier dreams sometimes though."

<@Cecilia> "Once I dreamed I was in one of Mayday's video games and she was Commander Shepard...another time I was walking on grass towards you and this fancy table- except the grass was actually tiny little trees- and you and I had tea together with mice sitting at the table in waistcoats..."

<Fabian> "You don't?" Fabian actually looked disappointed at the idea of her not having such dreams. "You've ruined a hope of mine now." He teased, settling back in bed now. "The tea sounds like an interesting time. I don't think I can get waistcoats that small though...well, the internet may be able to help with that."

<@Cecilia> "Well... I have the real thing now," Cecilia said, smirking a little at the disappointed face. "Before I just had to fantasy to fall back on...and many confused feelings when I woke up in the morning," she admitted.

<@Cecilia> "And what hope was that? That I still have hot dreams of you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

<Fabian> "Of course...though now I'm sort of wanting to hear about these past dreams." Fabian smirked even wider. Hey, what better way to distract a person?

<@Cecilia> Cecilia turned really red and covered her face. "Oh my Gawd...they're really stupid."

<Fabian> "Oh come on, if you say one I'll say one, too."

<@Cecilia> "Most of them are variations of that really awkward morning after Halloween...except in my dreams something actually did happen..." she turned even redder "...I had a few of you saving me from a crazed Venom and, ahem, 'taking me as your prize.' Those happened a lot more after you saved my life." And involved a great deal of carrying her around princess style, embarrassingly. "And, uh..."

<@Cecilia> "...One time I had a dream you came into my room and tore off all my clothes...but my alarm woke me up and then I had to go to gym and see you and that was...an awkward class," she finished, completely red and laughing nervously. "There now you have to tell me one!"

<Fabian> Fabian just smiled and pointed over to the giant wheel of bubble wrap that had been a staple in his room for some time. "Lisbeth."

<@Cecilia> "...Oh hell no," Cecilia said, her expression falling. "I am not having a threesome. I don't care what you say, I don't want to share-oh."

<@Cecilia> "...You called the bubblewrap Lisbeth?"

<Fabian> Fabian nodded, trying to keep the laughter at her outburst and sheepish realization back. As he was wheezing somewhat it wasn't quite working.

<@Cecilia> "...You don't wanna wear it or something right?" Cecilia asked, giving him the hairy eyeball. "'Cause that isn't a suitable substitute for a rubber. Seriously, Fab. You'd be better off with saran wrap than that."

<Fabian> "It's a giant roll of bubblewrap, surely you see the possibilities here." Fabian couldn't fathom that anyone wouldn't be able to see what to do with it.

<@Cecilia> "...You wanna pop it?" Cecilia tried. Well...it wasn't the worst fantasy he could have. At least it didn't involve handcuffs and a French maid costume "...I dunno...won't people hear that? I don't think I want people knowing the exact moment I'm getting laid..."

<Fabian> "Who hears bubble wrap and thinks people must be getting laid?"

<@Cecilia> "People who know you and know what you surely got that bubble wrap for!" Cecilia exclaimed. "Don't tell me you haven't told everyone that you planned to get laid on it."

<@Cecilia> "...My ass is huge...it's gonna make a lot of noise..."

<Fabian> "...okay, a few people know but come on, it'll be fun!" Fabian tried to wheedle. "And your ass is not huge."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "I have more ass than several white girls in this school put together," she said flatly, her voice dropping back into her home accent. "I might not have that much on top, but you easily take first place for dating the most bootylicious girl in this school thank you very much."

<@Cecilia> Holy hell she sounded ghetto there. 'Bootylicious'?!

<Fabian> Fabian was thinking the same thing. "Bootylicious?" He couldn't help it, the laugh was coming out. "And you'll not hear me ever complain about that."

<@Cecilia> "...Shut up!" Cecilia said, burrowing under the covers. There was a long silence. "...If I do it you can't tell anyone and we gotta find somewhere we won't be heard...and you have to do something I wanna do."

<Fabian> "I figured we'd combine a few of the things we both want to do...I don't know how we're going to be sneaking a giant roll of bubblewrap out of here with the police out there, though."

<Fabian> "...but there is a soundproof room downstairs. I think it was set up for Adam." Fabian gave her a bit of a shifty eye.

<@Cecilia> "...Wow, that doesn't make me think of a torture basement at all," Cecilia deadpanned. "...We could just go to the attic and take a few sheets to cover that mattress..."

<@Cecilia> "Because there's no way that mattress was put up there for anything else."

<Fabian> "...take our own mattress up? There's got to be a spare in one of the extra rooms." Fabian didn't want to think of all the people that might've seen action on that mattress and it wasn't like their bubblewrap was going to be laying still.

<@Cecilia> "We'll figure something out," Cecilia said re-emerging from under the covers and settling back down in the crook of Fabian's arm "...You're really weird, y'know." She said fondly.

<Fabian> "No, no, wealthy white people from stodgy families are eccentric." Fabian mock-corrected, settling down with her. "So, did I successfully distract you enough for your mind to settle?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia nodded and wrapped her arms around him again. "Yeah...if you wanna sleep I'll be quiet now."

<Fabian> "I'll leave sleep up to you. You know me, I can sleep most anytime anywhere."

<@Cecilia> "...Caleb Michaels was a bit of a mood killer," she admitted "...Especially after seeing him like that and finding out he had kids...and a pregnant wife." She settled down, laying her head close to Fabian's. "If I fall asleep again I can't guarantee I won't have more freakish dreams...if you want me to go I can..." Though she didn't especially want to but it was considerate to offer.

<Fabian> "You're staying put. And if you have another dream I will be glad to thoroughly distract you yet again."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled and stole another kiss. "You're a good boyfriend, mi heroe. Protecting me..."

<Fabian> "By talking about bubblewrap...yeah, I'm the greatest."

<@Cecilia> "You are," Cecilia agreed, eyes getting suddenly heavy. "...You're the best man I know..."

<@Cecilia> "...The bravest man I know..." she said, resting her head beside his and closing her eyes.

<Fabian> Fabian had to indulge in a laugh at that. "As long as you kill the bugs." He murmured, soon falling asleep as well.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Re: 3/2 Instance: Dreams and Fantasies

Post by Chaos »

I see Captain Hypocricy steps up to the plate(!) We aren't all master word-smiths, but I suppose it'll always be awkward when you speak to yourself. Ono

Can't deny the cuteness though. :3
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 3/2 Instance: Dreams and Fantasies

Post by PanicSwitch »

Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7