2/15 Instance: Love's The Word

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

2/15 Instance: Love's The Word

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after The Finnish Patient

<Cecilia> It occurred to Cecilia, after a few drinks with Lukas, that while this day wasn't turning out to be such a disaster, there was still some things she needed to do before she could declare the day over. So, after bidding the Finn good evening she trudged up the stairs to Mayday's former room and knocked on the door sharply.

<Cecilia> Cecilia leaned against the doorframe, doing her best to wipe the tipsy smile off her face and not come off as drunk as she was. No doubt things were precarious enough, no need to smile or laugh at the wrong thing (as she often did). Such behaviour would be inflammatory.

<Sue> Sue sniffed and ran a hand through her hair and sat up. If that was Johnny.... but he never knocked. She cleared her throat, "Who is it?" she wandered to the bathroom to splash some cold water on her face.

<Cecilia> Cecilia had to fight the urge to say 'Santa' quite hard there. "Cecilia," she said. "I need to pick up a few things for Mayday."

<Sue> She came back out of the bathroom with the towel and opened the door a crack, "She... she's not coming back?"

<Cecilia> "Well she sure as hell isn't coming back right now, she's drunk off her ass," Cecilia said, speech a little slurred. "As for the long term...you'll have to talk to her. I don't claim to understand half of the things she fucking said, but I gathered you left her."

<Sue> Sue turned herself invisible and walked away from the door, going to curl up on her bed. "It's not that simple..."

<Cecilia> "No shit," Cecilia said, rubbing her eyes. "Look, I really don't wanna get in the middle of this. It's none of my damn business. I'm just here to help her out."

<Cecilia> Now what did she need...oh yeah! She had a list. With a little bit of fumbling Cecilia pulled it out and began studying it.

<Sue> Sue sniffled again, "Were you there last night? At the Hellfire Club?" She glanced up at her gerbil as he attempted another bid for freedom. Stupid gerbil.

<Cecilia> "Mm?" Cecilia said, looking up from the list. "Uh, yeah. I was. Me and a few other people. Then I left and spent the rest of the night with Fabian... why?"

<Sue> "May was there too... she was an hour late for our date because she went there." She became partially visible, "I booked the table weeks ago... had to buy loads of drinks because they kept trying to move me and convince me I'd been stood up. But I waited because it means something when someone says they love you..."

<Sue> "But then she was all weird with me and I asked her why and, apparently, she's been thinking about cheating on me with the new girl. Who, she also said, was at the Hellfire Club last night... So I nearly was stood up because she assumed I wouldn't do anything."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned hard at this. Oh for fuck's sake, Mayday. "Oh...well, I didn't hear about that...that's...really shitty, actually."

<Sue> "Yeah it is... our first holiday together and we didn't even make it through that. It's one fucking day and now it's all gone to shit..." She faded out of view again, "And my parents are going to be here in less than a week."

<Cecilia> Cecilia wanted to smash her head against the wall. Repeatedly. How the fuck did she end up being the relationship guru?! "Well, actually this is the second holiday you've both managed to fuck up," she pointed out. "And I don't think she was planning to cheat on you or thinking about it. She's been agonizing over the whole thing for awhile, so I doubt she's 'considering' anything."

<Cecilia> "She's just...very unsure of what she wants," Cecilia sighed, going straight for Mayday's dresser and pulling out some clean clothes. "I can't say I always get her."

<Sue> "She said she nearly kissed her." Sue mumbled, "And when you love someone you're not supposed to do things like that... and you're supposed to at least call and say where you're going when there might be a surprise date and understand that just because your girlfriend is freaking out about introducing you to her parents, it doesn't mean she doesn't want to have a nice time on what should be a romantic day."

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "I didn't know about that," she said, folding the clothes neatly. Now where to put them? She made a small noise of triumph as she caught sight of a gym bag below the bed. Perfect.

<Cecilia> She began packing the clothes. "It's easy to say you love someone," Cecilia said, shrugging. "Anyone can say that. And many do. For sex, money...That's just reality. I'm sorry, but it's the truth." And now she was happier than she'd ever been that Fabian didn't really say it to her. Action meant more really...though it'd be nice to hear once and awhile.

<Sue> Sue shook her head, "It's not easy... Some people don't say it unless they're sure they mean it. That's what caused the fight over Christmas... because I didn't want to say it and not mean it... and now I wish I didn't say it at all..."

<Cecilia> "Well, can't take it back now," Cecilia laughed a little bitterly rifling through Mayday's drawers and throwing in her phone charger. "If it's so hard to say then why I have heard it so often?"

<Cecilia> "'Oh baby you so sweet, I love you so much,'" she said, deepening her voice and allowing her Puerto Rican accent seep through to imitate the idiots back home. "'You're so beautiful, say you'll be mine, por favor?'"

<Cecilia> She laughed. "Words are cheap. I don't claim to know how lesbians work, but men? I know how they work."

<Sue> "Maybe it's different where you grew up... maybe different how you were raised. But, to me... you don't say it unless you mean it... and meaning it makes it hard to say. It's scary to open yourself up to be hurt like that."

<Cecilia> Cecilia turned sharply from her bag, her expression dark. "The fuck's that supposed to mean?" She said dangerously. "'How I was raised', 'where I grew up'? What the hell're you implying?" Oh fuck no.

<Sue> Sue vanished and instinctively shielded herself, "I'm not implying anything! I grew up in a tiny town in the middle of the countryside full of the middle class stereotype!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed her for a long moment. Unsure of whether she was being played with here. "Damn right you're not," she muttered, snatching Mayday's laptop off the desk. "'Cause I am so not in the mood for this. I picked up your girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, whatever's drunk ass up today. Wreck's my afterglow. So all I need is this."

<Cecilia> She sighed angrily at Cinnamon's tank. Eyeing the tarantula with no small amount of distaste. Now what the fuck was she gonna do with this?

<Sue> "Well I'm sorry to ruin your day with my failed relationship. I'm sorry May got wasted and you went and picked her up but no one asked you to do that or this so stop acting so hard done by." She crawled under the blankets on her bed. "I'll feed Cinn until May figures out what do...."

<Cecilia> Cecilia waved a hand dismissively. "It's fine, she's my friend, I'm-...well, I'm not thrilled at having to deal with that, but I will anyways. It's an inconvenience but I owe her and I can live with it."

<Cecilia> "Day's not completely ruined either, thanks to Laufeyson," she said, toasting Sue with an imaginary glass. "And thanks, though I'm sure May be back for her spider." If she isn't I'm damn well dragging her here, I'm not picking up that thing.

<Cecilia> Cecilia liked to think she was there for her friends, but really. There were some things you just didn't do.

<Sue> "Probably... when I'm in class maybe..." she hugged her pillow to her, "See you later I guess..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia threw the bag over her shoulder and tucked the laptop under her arm, giving Sue a lazy salute. "I would say the same, but you're invisible half the time." And with that she laughed and wandered off down the hall.

<Sue> Sue shoved the door closed with a forcefield and curled up tighter. It really was over and now she'd have to deal with the gloating from her parents.