2/9 Instance: Heartbreaker

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

2/9 Instance: Heartbreaker

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined right after [Game]Hearts In Hell.

<Sue> Sue waited anxiously at the table she'd booked. She'd had to go ahead to the restaurant or risk losing the reservation. What was May thinking disappearing off on Valentine's Day? She assured the waiter for the n'th time that there was someone else coming and ordered another drink.

<@Mayday> Landing around the corner from where she promised she'd meet Sue, Mayday straightened out her suit, pulling off the mask she'd borrowed from someone outside the party and running into the restaurant.

<@Mayday> It took her a few moments to spot Sue, sitting alone at a table for two, which made her feel both excited and guilty at the same time. She approached the table, attempting to catch her breath, "Susan." she smiled, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear, "H-hey, I-I got your texts."

<Sue> "Where have you been?" Sue got up to hug her, "They've been trying to get me to move tables for half an hour..."

<@Mayday> "I'm sorry, I-I didn't think you were gonna do anything!" Mayday laughed, holding her girlfriend close, "I went to the Hellfire Club with Ca-...Cecilia and some others." she felt her heart weight her down a little, even in the warmth of the embrace.

<@Mayday> "Oh, Sue, this is so amazing." she smiled, kissing her girlfriend, "A-and you look so beautiful!"

<Sue> "It's Valentines Day.... why wouldn't we do anything?" She gave her a confused look, gesturing for May to sit down.

<@Mayday> Sitting down, Mayday shrugged, "I-I don't know! You were so quiet all day!" she exhaled a large smile, hardly believing where they were, "So this is your surprise....oh, my God, Susan, this is so romantic!" she frowned suddenly, "Jesus, I'm so sorry..."

<Sue> "It's okay... you didn't know... it was supposed to be a surprise so... surprise?" She poked her tongue out at the snooty waiter as he delivered her drink, "I told you she was real."

<@Mayday> Mayday giggled, adjusting her bow tie as the waiter did so, "And I'll have what she's having." she gave him a little wink before returning her eyes to her girlfriend, her stomach knotting a little, "I....I love you." she managed, hands resting on the table.

<Sue> Sue smiled, reaching to put her hand on one of May's, "I love you too... are you okay?"

<@Mayday> "Y-yeah! Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Mayday shuddered away from her touch for a moment before meeting it with both her hands, "Everything's....fine. It's fine."

<Sue> Sue eyed her a little unsure, "You just seem anxious..." she gave her hand a squeeze then pulled her own hand back to pass her the menu, "Here, you better decide what to have before Mr. Grumpy comes back."

<@Mayday> "Lobster." Mayday automatically said, placing the menu aside, "Sue...w-we're ok, aren't we?"

<Sue> She nodded, "Of course we are... why?" She was worried now, May was acting funny. "I'm sorry I've been so unbearable the last few weeks... but it's not your fault... you don't think that, do you?"

<@Mayday> Mayday sighed, "I-I just...feel like maybe you've been so concerned with us. Especially after your parents and stuff..." she shrugged, "Truthfully, I..." she bit her lip - did she want to say it?

<@Mayday> "...if you say we're ok, we're ok." she nodded, taking a deep breath.

<Sue> "May, you're one of the best things about my life... my parents' opinions won't change that... even if when they get here they're all horrible about it..." she shifted in her seat, shaking herself, "I don't want to talk about that now... let's just have a good time, yeah?"

<@Mayday> "See? This is just why I was..." Mayday bit her tongue as the waiter came back with her drink, shaking her head at Sue before ordering her food.

<Sue> Sue ordered her own food and took a rather large sip of her drink, settling back in her chair and looking out over the restaurant. "So... where were you?"

<@Mayday> Mayday took a large gulp of her drink before answering, "The Hellfire Club." she explained.

<Sue> Sue blinked at her, "That place Rachel blew up?"

<@Mayday> "They refurbished it since."

<Sue> "Well I'd hope so, it's been a while and they couldn't really hold a party in the ruins, right?" She had another sip of her drink. She wasn't sure how many she'd had now.

<@Mayday> "Yeah, obviously." Mayday agreed, "I was there with Angelina, Cee, Melody, Cassie and Jessica." she sipped some more of her drink, realizing Sue was looking pretty far gone, "...how many drinks did you say you'd had?"

<Sue> "I don't know... I've been here for like..." she checked her watch, "An hour? Ish? I had to keep getting drinks so they'd stop staring at me and I didn't have anything else to do but drink them... so I might have drank a little fast...."

<@Mayday> Cringing, Mayday nodded, "Right...." this had the potential to be bad, "Maybe you should go easy on them now I'm here?" she smiled a little"

<Sue> "That's the plan," she smiled, "Because now we can talk and stuff... can't really drink and talk at the same time." She shook her head. "Oh! I learned a new thing though. Watch!" She created an invisible straw in her drink and drank through it so May could see it was there. "Tada!"

<@Mayday> "Oh, hey, that's cool." the redhead smiled back, "Could make the bedroom interesting." she joked, nudging Sue's leg under the table.

<Sue> Sue giggled, "There are lots of things I could do that'd make that interesting." She returned the nudge under the table.

<@Mayday> "True." Mayday winked, "But ah....look, your issues recently, they are making things confusing with....well, they confuse me. I-I'm going through some stuff too..."

<Sue> Sue cocked her head on one side, "Which issues? What do you mean? May... you know you can talk to me..."

<@Mayday> She shook her head - she damn well couldn't. Or she didn't feel she could, "I-it doesn't matter. Just...It's hard when you don't want to talk to people, or you won't hang out with people...I-I think. A-and...you seem so worried about people knowing we're together, like your parents before..."

<Sue> "I'm not worried... I just.... I'd like to decide to tell people myself, you know? I didn't get to... it feels like that moment was stolen from me and it was so important... but I'm going to introduce you to my parents. I promise you that."

<@Mayday> Mayday nodded, "....y-yeah. Ok. I-I guess I understand." the voice in her head was making her feel more and more guilty for not confessing about Cassandra. She took a deep breath, "Susie, you....know I wouldn't lie to you, right?"

<Sue> Sue gave her a small smile, though she was confused. "Of course I know that... May, what's the matter?"

<@Mayday> "Just...I c-...." Mayday took a few breaths, opening her mouth to speak as their food was delivered to the table. She exhaled, deciding that was a sign to quit while she was ahead, thanking the waiter.

<Sue> Sue frowned and fidgeted in her seat, picking up her cutlery and just focusing on her food. She couldn't make her talk about whatever it was but she felt awful that May didn't want to share it with her.

<@Mayday> Poking at her food, Mayday looked up at Sue, "....Susie, I don't wanna say this to you. Not today." she took a breath, "I love you, and I want us to work and be happy, but what I wanna say might ruin that."

<@Mayday> She stabbed at the lobster shell with her fork, "And now that I've said that, I have to follow it up..."

<Sue> She was more confused than ever and she looked across the table at her girlfriend, "I don't understand.... May... what do you mean?"

<@Mayday> "I love you, but...I-I think I have this crush on someone also." she explained, the words like acid in her mouth. She looked away, a hand covering her face, "...if you get up and leave, please just stab me first..."

<Sue> "Oh..." Sue looked down at her plate. What was she supposed to say to that? "Um... okay?"

<@Mayday> Mayday sighed audibly. There really weren't a lot of things someone could answer such a thing with, "...'m sorry." she closed her eyes, forcing herself not to cry - she had no right to feel bad, she was the bitch and she knew it.

<Sue> Sue poked her food around her plate, chewing on her lip while she thought of something more constructive. "It's... just a crush? Like... nothing happened, right?"

<@Mayday> "N-no! No, nothing." Mayday swore, "I-I....have to be honest, I almost....kissed...." she bit her lip, "B-but I didn't, I swear, Sue."

<Sue> She kept her gaze fixed on the plate. Not really sure how she felt about that. "O-okay..." she sniffed. Alright, at least part of her was very upset.

<@Mayday> The sound of Sue sniffing broke Mayday's heart. She put her fork down, "...m-maybe...I should just leave." she felt like her whole body was on fire with embarrassment and shame, "...god, Sue, I'm so sorry...."

<Sue> "I thought you were going to say something like I wasn't enough for you... or- or something like you didn't want to be with me because I'm not ready for the whole world to know... I didn't even think that you might have nearly cheated on me..." she looked up at her, "And now you want to leave? When I had this whole nice surprise planned?"

<@Mayday> "No, I don't want to leave!", Mayday promised, "Sue, I-I don't wanna go, I really don't. I just...." she took a deep breath, "I-I just....I just know I have no right to be sat at this table. I love you and I'm sorry!"

<Sue> "You love me but you have a crush on someone else that you nearly kissed?" Sue tried to wrap her head around that one. Nope. "Am I really that bad of a girlfriend?"

<@Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "I-I didn't say that!" she frowned, looking around and shying from the looks she was getting, "Susie, it isn't you! I-it's just an infatuation, I'd never leave you for Cassie!"

<@Mayday> And just like that, she'd managed to say it. Her eyes fell, "...I-I love you."

<Sue> "You don't have to say it, what you're not saying is enough..." Sue slowly faded out of view. "You can say you love me all you want but it's not stopping you from breaking my heart on Valentine's Day... while we're on a date that I'm paying for that you were an hour late for because you were out with the girl you say you only have a crush on."

<@Mayday> "Susan!" Mayday's hand went up to stop her, "Please, d-don't go, I-I'm sorry! I am!" her own heart felt like it was overflowing with tar, the smell of the food making her feel sick to the stomach - even moreso than the looks of shock and irritation they were getting, "Sue, please..."

<Sue> "Sorry? That's all you can manage?" Sue's glass imploded, "You were an hour late! An hour! And I sat here and waited because I thought you'd be happy and want to be here with me!"

<@Mayday> "I came, didn't I!?" Mayday winced at the destructing glass, "I am happy to be here with you, and I love you enough to tell you the truth when you ask for it, but I-I haven't been dishonest, and it's you I came to, wasn't it!?"

<Sue> "But do you want to be here? Or are you thinking about being with her instead?" She became partially visible but her chair was still easy to see through her. "You went out with someone else on Valentine'd Day and didn't even think that I might have wanted to do something with you."

<@Mayday> Mayday opened her mouth to answer, not finding one in the silence that followed, "I'm not thinking about her at all..." that was true, at the moment, "I....thought you didn't want to do anything because you'd been so distracted recently..."

<Sue> "Of course I've been distracted! Cee outed us on the internet and my parents are visiting soon! That doesn't mean I don't still want to do something nice with you on the first holiday we've spent together since we actually got together."

<@Mayday> Her mouth dry and mind devoid of anything else to add, Mayday remained silent.

<Sue> "Right. Well, obviously this night isn't getting saved." She picked up her purse, pulled out a few bills and left them on the table before vanishing completely from view again and getting up from her seat.

<@Mayday> "...I'm sorry..." Mayday all but whispered, sinking back into her seat as the guilt and shame of the situation engulfed her, "....I'm so sorry."
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: 2/9 Instance: Heartbreaker

Post by Starfish »

Mayday attempts Diplomacy check to overcome Valentine's Day challenge; rolls 1: Critical failure!
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Re: 2/9 Instance: Heartbreaker

Post by Chaos »

Need a Rez! NEED A REZ!

STAR, WE NEED A REZ!!! *screams*