2/5 Instance: Doctor McLovey

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

2/5 Instance: Doctor McLovey

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Paige: Paige sat curled up on her bed, staring at her phone which lay beside her. She hugged her knees a bit closer to her chest before pressing her face into them.

Rachel: Rachel slipped into their room, pulling a slight face at the thought of it being her and Paige's. It was weird. Not a bad weird, but weird. Pushing the thought from her mind, she closed the door behind her, yanking the earbuds from her ears, pausing at the sight of Paige. Okay, also weird. She set her things on the nearest surface and sat on the edge of the bed, "Hey..."

Paige: Paige sat up enough to glance over at Rachel. "Hey..." She sniffled a bit, then let her knees drop to a criss cross position.

Rachel: Studying her with a concerned look, Rachel was listing questions before she'd really thought what to say through, "What happened? Are you okay? Do I need to kick somebody's ass?"

Paige: Not quite sure how to answer any of those, Paige shook her head a bit. "I had a voicemail. Form somebody I shouldn't have."

Rachel: Rachel bit down on her lip, still considering her, as she scooted closer, grabbing Paige's phone to avoid sitting on it. She pulled her gaze from Paige to eye the phone, eventually setting it aside with a sigh. Not entirely sure what to make of that, she held her arms out, "Come here?"

Paige: Without hesitation, Paige moved into Rachel's arms, hugging her tightly.

Rachel: While she liked breathing, she wasn't about to complain. Instead, she pressed a kiss to the top of her head, asking as gently as she was capable, "What sort of voicemail?"

Paige: "It wasn't nice," Paige told her softly, loosening her hold a bit.

Rachel: That much she'd gathered. "Who was it from?"

Paige: Shrinking as much as she was able to in Rachel's arms, Paige pushed the word out. "Eve."

Rachel: Rachel sucked in a breath but was otherwise silent, hugging Paige more tightly in an attempt to make up for her lack of words. That was definitely somebody that didn't need to be leaving voicemails.

Paige: Paige snuggled into Rachel, staying close to her. "What am I supposed to do?"

Rachel: She pulled an arm away to reach for the phone, hoping that Paige didn't care if she went through it as she answered, "I guess you'll have to get a new number."

Paige: "Will you go with me to do that?" Paige looked up at Rachel's face.

Rachel: Rachel tossed the phone aside, assuming it was the withheld number and finding that incredibly unhelpful. Looking over to Paige, she reached up to cup her cheek, nodding, "I planned on it."

Paige: "Thank you, Rachie." Paige smiled a slight bit and leaned in for a kiss.

Rachel: Returning the kiss, Rachel carefully ran her fingers through Paige's hair, breaking it to suggest, "We could do some other stuff while we're out... Like, shop..."

Paige: Paige smiled warmly at her. "You know just how to cheer me up, don't you?"

Rachel: "You make it easy," she shrugged, kissing her cheek before releasing her and moving to get up.

Paige: "Are you saying I'm easy," Paige teased.

Rachel: Rachel decided she wasn't going to comment on that and simply shot her a grin.

Paige: "Rachel!" Paige shoved her, laughing,

Rachel: "I didn't say either way!" she protested, leaning to give her a small shove in return.

Paige: "You didn't have to!" Paige shoved her back, then moved to hide on the side of the bed.

Rachel: Rachel laughed, reaching for a pillow to toss at her since she couldn't reach, "Exactly!"

Paige: "Bully!" Paige squeaked out as the pillow hit her. She threw it back at Rachel.

Rachel: She swatted the pillow aside and cut across the bed, dropping down next to her with a grin, "I am not."

Paige: Paige attacked her with a happy kiss. "Are too!"

Rachel: "Just because I'm sure I could tempt you into bed doesn't make me a bully," Rachel mumbled against her lips.

Paige: "Is that a challenge?" Paige muttered, still kissing her.

Rachel: She considered that as she pulled away from Paige's lips to kiss along her jaw and neck, "Depends. Are you prepared to lose?"

Paige: "Are you?" Paige moved her hair out of the way for Rachel's kisses, her hand running down Rachel's leg.

Rachel: "No," Rachel answered, retaliating by slipping a hand up Paige's shirt, running it along her side.

Paige: She sucked in a breath, then nuzzled Rachel's cheek. "Glad to hear that."

Rachel: "Challenge accepted then?" she asked between kisses, working her way down to Paige's collarbone, "Or did you just want to go shopping?"

Paige: "Later." Paige moved to get Rachel's shirt off of her.

Rachel: Rachel pulled away enough for her shirt to be removed, deciding now was the time to do away with Paige's as well. She shot her a smirk, "As if you'll want to get out of bed later."

Paige: "Well, it can wait for tomorrow." Paige shivered at the cold air then pulled Rachel into another kiss.

Rachel: Rachel slid her hands down Paige's sides and paused at her hips, debating. She settled for pushing Paige's skirt up, slowly running her hand up her thigh as she mumbled, "We'll see about that."

---Time Passes---

Paige: Paige wrapped her arms around Rachel's as they walked through the mall, glancing at the various stores. "Oooo, those are pretty shoes."

Rachel: Rachel wasn't entirely sure how she'd been talked from bed into going to the mall, but she felt like it involved the promise of shoes. ...But not those ones. After leaning to kiss Paige's cheek, she replied, "I wouldn't want them, but I guess they're okay."

Paige: "Ok? They are fantastic!" Paige pulled Rachel toward the store.

Rachel: "They're pink," she said as if that should explain everything wrong with them.

Paige: "Exactly!" Paige went looking for her size, dropping Rachel's arm to do so.

Rachel: Rachel leaned against the shelving and glanced around the store, trying to decide whether there'd be anything that'd interest her in here. Probably not. Unless Paige counted. She looked back to her, watching as she searched.

Paige: Not yet frustrated, Paige kept searching. "It has to be here somewhere... ahha!" She stood up again with a twirl and the shoebox. "Found it!"

Rachel: "You are victorious... assuming they fit."

Paige: "Of course they are." She slid the shoes on, walking around a bit to test them out. "Oh they are wonderful!"

Rachel: Rachel pulled her gaze up from the shoes. "Well, they look far better on you."

Paige: "Awwww thank you!" Paige stole a kiss.

Rachel: "I'm sure everything would look better on you," she assured her with a shrug.

Paige: "You are too nice." Paige blushed a bit. She moved away to swap shoes so she could go pay.

Rachel: "Aw, I like that I'm not mean anymore," Rachel commented as she followed her to the register.

Paige: "You are still a meanie head," Paige corrected, paying for the shoes.

Rachel: She sighed, "It was one gummy bear."

Paige: "One baaaaaaaaaaag of gummy bears." Paige giggled at her.

Rachel: "I was hungry," Rachel pouted as she reached to grab the bag.

Paige: Paige let her, taking Rachel's free arm captive. "Awwww, are you hungry now?"

Rachel: "Not unless you're suggesting a trip to the candy store."

Paige: "And if I am?"

Rachel: "I should say no because we'll buy a ridiculous amount of candy."

Paige: "Is this a problem?" Paige giggled at her.

Rachel: She sagely nodded, "It could become one, and I think we should save it for last."

Paige: "Well we can go there last.. where else do you want to go?"

Rachel: "Well, I want a new pair of shoes. And jeans. And... We'll see about anything else along the way," Rachel grinned as she glanced around.

Paige: "Okie dokie. To which store next?"

Rachel: "Did you have anything else in mind?" she asked as she picked a store that looked promising.

Paige: "Well, you need a dress. Nothing you own is going to work."

Rachel: "For what?" Rachel asked, shooting her a look.

Paige: "For our daaaaaaaaaate." Paige looked around for the perfect store."

Rachel: She blinked, "...What date?"

Paige: "Uhhh nothing!"

Rachel: Rachel stared at her for a few moments, grin slowly spreading across her face, "Does this have to do with how busy you've been planning Valentine's?"

Paige: "No! It does not!"

Rachel: "It does too, and I have dresses. I don't need another."

Paige: "Nothing nice though."

Rachel: "Um, they're dresses... They're all nice..." There was a difference? Rachel shook her head as she pulled Paige into the store she'd been eying before the other girl could pick one, heading for a rack of jeans.

Paige: "Noooo, no, they are not all nice."

Rachel: "I'm failing to see the difference..." she admitted as she pulled her arm from Paige's grasp.

Paige: "That's what I'm here for, sweetness." Paige smiled and let her go so she could pick out jeans.

Rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes, smiling slightly as she commented, "Then, I suppose I'm lucky I keep you around."

Paige: "I don't know what you'd do without me." Paige giggled at her, looking around herself.

Rachel: "I'd most likely be in need of a new liver or bail money," she replied as she pulled a pair from the rack, examining them. Hm... Maybe. She looked around. Oooh, plaid...

Paige: She gave Rachel a sad look behind her back. Oh, Rachie... She made a horrified face at the plaid though.

Rachel: Rachel decided the plaid was awesome and that she was buying the pants, horrified looks or not. For the hell of it, she'd get the black jeans she'd already picked out as well. The only thing left on her list was shoes, which made her think... "I don't have to wear heels for this date, do I?"

Paige: "Duh.... of course you do!"

Rachel: "You're killing me," she replied, grabbing a top she liked on her way to the register.

Paige: "Yeah well I wish I could kill those pants!" Paige called after her, trying to keep up.

Rachel: "Pfft, these pants are epic," Rachel called back.

Paige: "Epicly horrid.... if they disappear I had something to do with it!"

Rachel: "Well... When I wear them, I'll know how badly you want to take them off me," she smirked as she set her purchases on the counter.

Paige: Paige's face easily matched the red in the plaid pants. She said nothing more about those pants.

Rachel: Rachel was grinning smugly the entire time she was checking out, paying as quickly as possible. She had just the place in mind to avoid dress and heels shopping. Well, and she'd had it in mind anyway because Paige would be absolutely thrilled. Plus, it was the least she could do now that she'd embarrassed her.

Paige: She hesitated slightly, but took Rachel's hand again for the walk out of the shop. "So... where next?"

Rachel: "You'll see," she assured her, leaning to kiss her cheek as she tried to remember where the hell the place was in the mall.

Paige: "I thought you hated surprises," Paige questioned her, glancing over at her.

Rachel: Rachel shrugged, "Just because I don't like being surprised doesn't mean I won't plan surprises for you..."

Paige: "You planned a surprise for meeeeee?"

Rachel: "Of course. You're not the only one capable of planning things," she grinned, "I'm just better at keeping it a secret."

Paige: "Well that's not faaaair! What do you have planned?!" Paige bounced a bit more.

Rachel: "You'll seeeeee," Rachel assured her, giving her hand a squeeze as she led them in the direction of the store.

Paige: "But how can I possibly wait now?!"

Rachel: She paused to pull her into a short kiss, grinning at the excitement, before turning her to face the store. While she was dreading it, Paige would like it, regardless of the screaming children. "Surprise?"

Paige: Paige looked up at the store, back at Rachel... then up at the store. She let out a shrieking squeal and pulled Rachel inside. Build-a-Bear!"

Rachel: Clearly, Paige fit right in with the kids.

Paige: Pausing at the wall of animals to choose from, Paige bounced from foot to foot, trying to decide. "What should I get?"

Rachel: Rachel considered the wall of choices, staring particularly hard the heart-covered puppy. Yeah, that was it. She went to grab it, holding it up for Paige, "This one?"

Paige: Her mouth fell open, then turned into a smile. "Yes!" Paige pounced Rachel and the puppy, hugging her a bit tightly. "Oh he's perfect!"

Rachel: "I'm glad you like him," she forced out, returning the crushing hug.

Paige: Paige giggled and took her hand again, moving to the next station. "You picked out the perfect puppy!"

Rachel: "It'd be hard not to," Rachel commented as she was pulled along, "Puppies are always adorable, even when they're ugly... Sort of like babies."

Paige: "Oh all babies are precious. Especially when they are your own."

Rachel: She shook her head, "I... am not so sure about that. ...And, they just end up being the screaming monsters roaming this store."

Paige: "They are precious, Rachel. Don't be so hard on them."

Rachel: "I just don't see it," Rachel shrugged as she looked around.

Paige: "Ohhhh, I bet you will someday!" Paige grabbed two hearts, holding one out to Rachel. "You have to kiss it."

Rachel: "We'll see about that," she mumbled as she took a heart, raising an eyebrow, "Only if we can call him the Doctor."

Paige: "I think it's a lovely name. Doctor McLovey!" Paige kissed her heart and put it in.

Rachel: And, the reference was completely lost on her. For the sake of her girlfriend, Rachel kissed the heart and stuck it in, deciding that name would just forever remind her of Kiss instead of Doctor Who.

Paige: Impatiently waiting for the stuffing to be added, Paige pulled Rachel into a snuggly hug and a kiss. "Thank you for this."

Rachel: "Eh, it's probably not as awesome as anything you have planned," she shrugged, "I just... I figured it'd be something you'd like..."

Paige: "Are you kidding me? This is so much better than what I have planned. Well, I think so at least."

Rachel: Rachel leaned in to steal another kiss, mumbling, "Am I going to think so too?"

Paige: "Uhhhh, I don't know. But I'm happy about it?" Paige giggled at her, stealing yet another kiss.

Rachel: "Pfft, only because you're making me wear a dress," she said, releasing her after pressing one last kiss to her cheek.

Paige: "But if you play your cards right you won't have to wear it loooong," Paige argued.

Rachel: Rachel smirked, raising an eyebrow, "Is that so?"

Paige: "Maaaaaaaaaybe... since we... figured... out... yes! Just yes!"

Rachel: She laughed as she looked around the store, deciding that was not something she could say aloud with small children around. Well, or employees. On the other hand, Paige would probably blush. Badly. Which was always adorable. Deciding she had a solution to the overhearing part, she leaned in to whisper in Paige's ear, smirk remaining on her face the entire time.

Paige: Paige's face turned bright red as she pressed herself into a hug against Rachel. "Stop that," she hissed.

Rachel: "Aww, why?" Rachel innocently asked as she reached to take the now-stuffed animal.

Paige: "Because you are my kryptonite."

Rachel: Rachel shot her a smug grin as she ushered Paige over to all the clothes and things, "Well, I'm sure I could find us a spot after this..."

Paige: "Promise?" Paige went to pick out an outfit for the Doctor.

Rachel: She was sure she didn't hide her surprise at Paige taking her up on the suggestion very, but she still nodded, "Promise."

Paige: "Well I'll pick quickly then!" Paige giggled and smiled at her again.

Rachel: Rachel hadn't thought Paige would be capable of picking clothing that quickly, but she was apparently full of all sorts of surprises. That, or she was just a horrible influence. As she paid for the puppy, she debated the best place to make good on her promise, though she supposed it didn't really matter. Telepathy had to be good for something other than killing people.

Paige: "We need to look for a sexy dress for you too." Paige took Rachel's hand again.

Rachel: ...That gave her an idea. She brought Paige's hand to her lips, kissing the back of it before nodding, "Pick somewhere."

Paige: "I know just the place." She led her to one of her favorite shops, walking a bit slower than usual to savor the moment.

Rachel: Rachel wasn't sure how she felt about the shop as they approached it, but she could definitely see why Paige knew the place. She sucked in a breath in preparation for the torture of dress shopping, even though she was hoping the shopping part wouldn't last very long as long as she went along with it.

Paige: Paige directed Rachel over to a wall of dresses. "Something elegant... and beautiful."

Rachel: "Am I supposed to be picking, or are you?" she asked, looking over to Paige.

Paige: "I saw the pants you picked out." Paige shot her a look.

Rachel: "I'm trying them on as soon as we get back," she grinned, "And I'm guessing that means you are."

Paige: "Exactly. I do not trust your taste in clothing." Paige looked through, trying to find something they could both live with.

Rachel: "And I should trust yours?"

Paige: "Who teaches Fashion Design?"

Rachel: Rachel opened her mouth and promptly closed it, deciding the comment wouldn't be appreciated.

Paige: "That's what I thought." Paige went back to her hunt. "I could always just sew you something..."

Rachel: "No, you can pick something," she insisted. "I mean, I'm sure you could sew something, but..." Okay, now this just sounded bad. In an attempt to recover, she offered, "If you pick something out, I'll try it on."

Paige: "You don't want me to make you something?" Paige wasn't sure if she should be offended, but she handed Rachel 3 dresses to try on. "Go try those on then."

Rachel: "If these are awful, which I'm sure they will be, you could... though, I'm not promising I'd like it any better..." Rachel answered as she took the dresses, asking, "Are you coming with me?"

Paige: "Of course I am." Paige grabbed a random one for an excuse to be in the dressing room too.

Rachel: Picking out a room, Rachel tossed all the bags and dresses to one corner, not particularly caring where they ended up, and reached for Paige, pulling her into a deep kiss as she fumbled with the lock on the door. With her free hand, she tossed Paige's excuse to the rest of the pile, resisting the urge to point out that she hadn't needed it. This was going to be a fun test of her telepathy.