2/5 Instance: Betty & Veronica

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

2/5 Instance: Betty & Veronica

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

<Mayday> "She said this'd get easier...", Mayday sighed, noticeably getting lower easier as she practiced her splits, but nowhere near Cassandra's level, "Cassie's obviously not human...o-or...I-I mean obviously none of us...eeeh...", she sighed, carefully letting herself down onto the mat and massaging her thighs where they pulled.

<Cecilia> "Careful," Cecilia laughed from her place by the punching bag as she stuck a hard blow, making the entire thing swig on its hinges. "I might start thinking you have thing for Cass," she teased.

<Mayday> Mayday gasped, spinning around to look at Cecilia, "W-w-what!? I-I do not have a thing for Cassie!", she flushed deep red, looking away and trying to hide it behind her short hair, "B-besides, I'm in love with Sue!"

<Cecilia> "Whoa, overreact much?" Cecilia laughed. "I was just-" Actually this same joke had been said to her not long ago and she hadn't found it particularly funny either "-joking...Sorry, that one sounded better in my head. I didn't mean anything by it. Just...don't listen to me alright? I can be a real idiot sometimes." Okay, a lot.

<Mayday> Nodding, Mayday frowned, "....l-listen, Cee....", she curled her legs up and hugged them, "I-I just...I think Cassie's really cool, and she likes me too. That's all, ok?", she smiled, "I-I mean, come on, she's not even gay anyway..."

<Cecilia> "I like Cass as well..." Cecilia replied, eyeing Mayday now, punching bag forgotten for the moment. You doth protest too much . "And who wouldn't like you?"

<Cecilia> She walked away from the punching bag and grabbed her towel, wiping her face as she thought things over for a moment "...I dunno, is she not? I didn't really get a strong impression one way or the other. It can be hard to tell sometimes," she said casually. "I didn't think you were when I first met you."

<Mayday> "Yeah, suppose you're right.", Mayday shrugged, "But....well, she practices with me, and she said she thinks it's cute when I get all embarrassed the other day.", she giggled a little, "Heh, and she dresses really nicely, I was gonna ask for pointers. Maybe get something to go with my jacket?"

<Cecilia> "Sounds like a good idea," Cecilia smiled. "Both the practicing and fashion advice I'd say." Cecilia eyed her own tank top and crappy sweatpants, sighing inwardly. She still got her clothes at the Salvation Army, thrift stores and the bargain bin, she just made an effort to look around to get the good stuff.

<Cecilia> She flopped down in front of Mayday, legs akimbo. "Y'know, when someone thinks you're cute when you get embarrassed around them..." she smiled a little, trailing off.

<Mayday> Mayday blinked at Cecilia, "Erm...w-what are you saying?"

<Cecilia> What was she saying? "Y'know, looking back, I realize just how stupid I was with Fabian," she remarked. "I spent a ridiculous amount of time with him, I was really candid when we spoke, I was all up in his personal space, I'd get angry when he flirted with other girls..."

<Cecilia> "...But during all that time it didn't once cross my mind that I felt more than just friendship towards him," she continued. "I almost kissed him and it still didn't occur to me that I might feel more. It's only now that I realize I liked him very early on...but was too afraid or too stubborn to admit it, even to myself."

<Cecilia> Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "You are picking up what I'm throwing down here, right?"

<Mayday> ".....I literally have no idea.", Mayday admitted, "...y-you're not seriously suggesting that Cassie likes me?"

<Mayday> She suddenly gasped, "...w-wait, you think I have a crush on Cassie!?"

<Cecilia> "Only you can answer that. I'm just throwing out suggestions. Though I have to admit, the situation sounds awfully similar..." she shrugged. "The feeling might be one-sided or it could be mutual. But when someone calls you 'cute' I'd guess there's some interest.."

<Cecilia> Cecilia stood up abruptly. "Look, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything. That's not my intention here, I'm just...trying to help you get a better idea of your own feelings. Sometimes saying something out loud to someone else makes a difference."

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "N-no! No way! I-I would never, ever do that to Sue!", she frowned. She wouldn't, but....

<Mayday> "Oh, come on! Liking her doesn't mean I...like her!", she sighed, face in her hands, "...oh, God...oh, God, oh God...w-what if I do?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia raised her hands. "I'm not suggesting that you'd ever cheat on her! I don't encourage that at all. I've always been of the opinion that if you want someone else you should end whatever relationship you're in and move on."

<Cecilia> "I dunno, what if you do?"

<Mayday> "B-but I don't want....I-I...", Mayday exhaled slowly, legs sliding out  as her shoulders fell. Her heart felt heavy with fear and regret, but there was nothing wrong. Was there? She looked up at Cecilia, "...w-what do I do?"

<Cecilia> "Whatever you want to do?" Cecilia said, laughing a little nervously. "I dunno, May. I'm not really sure I'm the right person to ask. I've never been in the same position...and I know what I'd do, but what's best for me isn't necessarily what's best for you."

<Mayday> Mayday sighed, head slumping again, "I just want to diiiiie....."

<Cecilia> "Oh, come on now," Cecilia chuckled, sitting back down beside Mayday. "It's not that bad. You might have two people who like you. If only most were so lucky!"

<Cecilia> "These are first world problems, my friend," Cecilia said sagely.

<Mayday> "...I don't want to pick between them.", Mayday sighed, "I love Sue, a-and...I think I like Cassie as well."

<Cecilia> "Well, you could always try the European style of dating?" Cecilia laughed loudly at that, yeah, like that had worked so well for everyone involved. "Nobody's saying you have to pick right now, but it's not right to string someone along either..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia wrapped her arms around her legs. "Just...do what makes you happy, May. Life's short. You're treading a fine line though...if you really wanted to avoid the entire thing I guess the thing to do would be to stay away from Cass."

<Mayday> Mayday sighed again, "We train together all the time, and she's bound to be in my classes!", she rubbed her eyes, "God, I wish life could just be simple! Just this one time!"

<Cecilia> "You and me both," Cecilia said dryly. "Look, why don't you just wait awhile? See if you really do like Cass. It could just be a passing thing. If it is, then problem solved. You can continue on as planned and no-one ever needs to know."

<Mayday> "What, and lie to Sue?", Mayday clasped her hands together, fidgeting with them, "...i-is it that simple? I feel like such a bitch...."

<Cecilia> Cecilia felt a little guilty. Who the hell was she to give advice on this? She'd never had this problem, there'd never really been a 'Betty' to choose in her love life. "I don't think it's lying, telling her you're attracted to someone else wouldn't serve much purpose, unless there's something wrong with the relationship you have with Sue that needs to be fixed."

<Cecilia> "Because if that's the case and Cass is just the symptom of a problem then...well, either you fix the problem or you leave..." Cecilia frowned. "You'll just make her worry over something that might not even be a concern. We haven't yet established if Cass is a contender here."

<Mayday> Mayday shuddered, "T-the problem is me, apparently. Stupid little me.", she knocked her head with a fist, "Idiot brain...", she spat under her breath, wishing she could crack open her chest and pour out the suffocating tar in her heart.

<Cecilia> Cecilia's brow furrowed. "You are not a problem...you're just a human being. Seriously, May. I think you take this superhero stuff a little too much to heart sometimes, we're still people here. We're still... fallible."

<Cecilia> "To desire is to be human," Cecilia quoted, remembering her studies of the Buddhist percepts. And attachment to earthly desires leads to suffering. But that part was best left out for now.

<Mayday> "You don't understand, you don't think you're falling for someone else!", Mayday stressed, "Unless you're secretly doting on, like...Ankka or something!", she gulped - was that what she was doing? Secretly doting on Cassandra? Again, Mayday covered her face with her hands, wishing her mouth wasn't so dry so she could cry it out or something.

<Cecilia> Cecilia had to bite down hard on her tongue to avoid saying something she'd regret. "I'm really more a Loki fan," she joked, remembering her ill-fated internet search the other day. "And the key word here is 'think,' you don't know yet. So why waste time worrying if you're not sure? That seems a bit masochistic in my opinion."

<Mayday> "Yeah, easy for you to say...", the redhead muttered.

<Cecilia> "...What do you mean by that?" Said Cecilia, chuckling a little. Though she wasn't finding this particularly funny. It was a curse, laughing at the wrong things. But sometimes if you didn't start laughing you started screaming...

<Cecilia> It was better to laugh.

<Mayday> Mayday stood up finally, dusting herself off, "I'm done.", she stated, "I need to go."

<Cecilia> Cecilia stood up promptly. "Excuse me? I don't think so. What the hell did you mean by that? When I ask you something you know I expect an answer. It's really goddamn rude to just mutter shit I can hardly hear and then storm off without an explanation. I'm just trying to help!"

<Mayday> "You're not in my position, so obviously you have no idea how bad I feel!", Mayday snapped, hands clenching into fists, "And - newsflash, Cecilia - you don't get to just start yelling like I'm being unreasonable!"

<Cecilia> "I never said I was in your position," said Cecilia, struggling to keep her voice even. "In fact, I specifically said I wasn't and I'm not a complete monster, Mayday. I think I have at least some idea about you might feel, but I've also got the distance from the situation to see that at least some of that is irrational, because you haven't done anything wrong!"

<Cecilia> "And I'm yelling at you because you are being unreasonable! All I'm trying to do is help you figure things out. I don't have to listen to all your relationship shit, but I do because you're my friend and I want to help. But all I'm getting is blame and snippy comments!"

<Cecilia> "If you wanted advice from someone who'd been in the situation you should've asked someone else, but you didn't, you came to me. I can only do so much, Mayday."

<Mayday> Mayday scoffed, "I didn't come to you for advice! I was given it.", she sighed, biting her tongue and thinking this discourse through. Eventually, she closed her eyes, shaking her head, "...this is pointless. I'm not standing here and fighting you, because it's stupid."

<Cecilia> "Then why did you bring it up?" Cecilia asked. "And I wasn't trying to give advice, I was just...I dunno, trying to get you to think about things. Look through all your options. It wasn't my intention to preach."

<Mayday> "Then don't preach?", Mayday suggested, a little smile forming on her face, "It's fine. I'm sorry, I'm just hungry. And...really, really depressed kinda."

<Cecilia> "Same here," said Cecilia sighing. "I just...wouldn't want you to let your life pass you by, May. I've faced imminent death and the worst thing in that moment isn't knowing you're gonna die. It's realizing you didn't do the things you wanted. Settling is a terrible thing..."

<Mayday> With another sigh, Mayday shook her head, "I don't wanna talk about this right now...it's too much.", she admitted, with a look of defeat on her face.

<Cecilia> "Why? Medieval themed fairs stressing you out?" Cecilia joked. "I gotta admit, the idea of dealing with outhouses makes me a little tense, too. Just because I had to live with them before doesn't mean I wanna go back to it anytime soon."

<Mayday> Mayday shrugged nonchalantly, not really feeling the joke-y, 'Fabian' vibe Cecilia was giving off, "Something like that.", she stepped away, "See you in class later or something.",

<Cecilia> Bullshit. "Unless the cannibal gets me you probably will," she said, feeling a little like she'd been dismissed. She sat down and began unraveling the tape from her hands, not really wanting to follow Mayday into the locker room. "Take care of yourself, May."

<Cecilia> Was there something else wrong? Other than the whole Betty and Veronica thing? She had no idea. There might be, but she didn't know what she could do about it. It seemed whenever she tried to help things just got even more fucked up.