1/31 Instance: No (Lasting) Harm Done

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/31 Instance: No (Lasting) Harm Done

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Bad, Bad, Bad!

Mayday: Mayday turned a page in her 2000AD magazine, sighing as she rubbed her eyes. She wasn't sure why, but ever since her encounter with Cassandra she'd felt somehow guilty. But of what? They hadn't kissed, or even flirted (not in her eyes, anyway), but regardless, she couldn't help but feel like she'd done something wrong...

Mayday: Idly skimming over the panels in her comic, Mayday reached for her iced coffee can, sipping from it and sighing again. She was just being silly, she enjoyed Cassie's company, nothing more. There was no harm in that.

Jessica: Jess wandered into the recroom from the kitchen with a cup of tea and a book and paused in the doorway when she realised there was someone already in there. "Oh... May... hi..." well she looked fine... why was everyone making such a big deal out of it?

Mayday: "O-oh...hi Jess." Mayday smiled at her wryly, realizing now that an apology probably seemed moot because she wasn't physically injured anymore, "...y-yeah, erm...Anna fixed me up, so I could keep working on my Ren. Fair stuff. 'Cause you kinda fractured my wrist. And....s-stuff..."

Jessica: "I did?" Jess was genuinely surprised, "I'm sorry, May... I really don't know why I got so... so carried away..." she chewed her lip.

Mayday: Closing her comic book, Mayday looked up at Jessica, "Hey, it's...it's fine, seriously. I erm....I kinda thought you just didn't like me very much, but....hm." she frowned, not really sure what to say, "...'f it's just a mistake then it's cool. Just....McCoy said if my landing was just a little off that could've been my neck." she scratched her head.

Mayday: "...I-I mean I'm sure he was just joking." she added post-haste.

Jessica: Jess sat down at that news, setting her book and tea on the table before she dropped them. "May... I'm so so sorry... I really just... I don't know what happened..." She covered her face with her hands.

Mayday: Mayday made an awkward face, sure that making a jab like 'What happened? Oh, you dropped me mid-flight twice and I could have died' would probably make things worse. And she wasn't aiming for that. She stood up, leaving her can of drink on the table beside her.

Mayday: "Hey, Jess, i-it's fine, ok? I mean, I'm not dead, which is always a plus. So...." she smiled, placing a hand on Jessica's shoulder, "W-we're still friends, so it's no big."

Jessica: "You're only not dead because you were lucky, May... I could have killed you! And the worst part is I don't know why I did it... I only have theories and they don't hold up well and I should have better control than that..." And now she just had more nightmare fuel.

Mayday: Squeezing Jessica's shoulder, Mayday shook her a little bit, "Hey. I'm not, ok? And it all worked out for the best! I met Anna, got myself all patched up, Eddie Brock said more than three words to me even! In a row!" she joked, "Seriously, just....don't worry about it, ok? We all make mistakes. Even my best friend almost broke me with a forcefield once."

Jessica: "If there's anything I can do to make it up to you..." she lifted her head from her hands to look at her, "I think I definitely need to spend more time working with you though..."

Mayday: "W-well...thanks, but it's really fine!" Mayday scratched her head, laughing shyly, "I-I'm flattered, but it's really no problem. A-and...what do you mean working with me? Are you having trouble with a class or something?"

Jessica: She shook her head, "No not like that... I mean... I guess sparring or training or something... because my theory is that it was partially because our power sets are so similar.... and instinct just kind of took over... so... so if I can see you as less of a threat...? Does that make sense?"

Mayday: Mayday raised a finger, pausing before speaking as she looked around the room in thought, "....a-are you er....are you saying that you think I'm weak? Or that you want to think I'm....er..." she blinked, "...erm...sorry, what?"

Jessica: "No! Of course not." she shook her head, "More the opposite..." she ran a hand through her hair. "What I do know is you sent my alarm pheromone production into overdrive in that session so that obviously has high threat written all over it. I think maybe we should become better friends... or something... so that doesn't happen again..."

Mayday: "O-ooooooh. Right, that makes more sense - your power's a lot like a female spider, literally." Mayday nodded, smiling at her, "I see...so if perhaps we got closer as people, it wouldn't spark the same reaction." she tapped her nose, "Knowledgeable, I am." she said in her best Yoda voice.

Jessica: Jess smiled and nodded, "Yeah... different species I guess... more tarantula like... can't do the webs thing. But I think the whole issue might have been aggravated by the fact that what I was defending was not a flag but an egg..." she wrinkled her nose. "Instinct is a funny thing..."

Mayday: "Ah, psychological stimuli producing a mothering reaction." Mayday nodded, "That's really interesting. A-and when you think about it, since my powers must register to yours as 'other spider', logic would dictate that reaction." she grinned, "Aw, man, this stuff is so interesting! No wonder Cecilia's always trying to wrap her head around it!"

Jessica: Jess laughed a little, pulling her tea to her as she finally felt relaxed enough to drink it. "It is interesting... but kind of... horrible when you think about what it could mean for your future... I absolutely dread to imagine what would happen if I ever got pregnant."

Mayday: Mayday bit her lip, "Yeeeeah, awkward. I kinda dread to think what'd happen if I go all 'Spider-May' again. That was an awkward chapter of my life." she giggled shyly.

Jessica: "I feel like I should be glad I missed a large part of that because I was insanely busy... that could have been really bad..." she took a sip of tea. "You're back to normal now though... and I'm really glad you're in one piece."

Mayday: "Ya-yo, yaaah-yooo..." Mayday hummed under her breath, nodding at Jessica, "Yep, and that's what counts." she beamed at the other girl, "So er...if that's everything is it cool if I go back to reading?"

Jessica: Jess nodded, "Yeah, it's fine... I was going to do some reading myself..." she gestured to her book. "Have some quiet time before class, you know?"

Mayday: Hopping back down onto her seat, Mayday nodded, lifting her comic book again, "Only I'm being far more immature." she flicked back to the page she was previously on and continued reading, content little smile on her face.

Jessica: Jess smiled, curling up in her seat and opening her book too. Now everyone could get off her case and she could stop feeling guilty... and hopefully stop that from happening again.