1/31 Instance: Chilling Suspense

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/31 Instance: Chilling Suspense

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Rachel: Despite having heard of how Teagan had torn through the memorial area, it looked nothing of the sort now, however that was far from the reason Rachel had been reluctant to wander out to look around. If she saw it, she'd have to deal with it, but she couldn't get over anything if she didn't. Once she'd convinced herself, she hadn't been able to move from in front of the stone, eyes wandering over the letters. It felt surreal.

Rachel: Eventually, she'd sunk to the ground to sit, blinking. Her mouth worked as she debated whether she was supposed to say anything, but she didn't have words. Giving up on that idea, she closed her mouth and blew out a sigh. She didn't know what to say or do, so she simply sat, running through the events again.

Paige: Rachel was late in meeting up with Paige after class. Paige had been worried, looking in the obvious placed before she spotted Rachel out the window. Biting on her lip, Paige forced herself out to the memorial and sat down beside Rachel. Words failed her too, and figuring Rachel didn't want to hear it anyway, Paige just rested her head against the other blonde.

Rachel: As she became aware of someone next to her, Rachel also became aware that her teeth were chattering. Her brow furrowed as she finally pulled away, and she relaxed slightly when she realized it was Paige. She stiffly shifted, reaching to grasp Paige's hand, and rested her head against hers. Now, she definitely didn't know what to say... Though, she wouldn't feel ridiculous talking to herself, should she find any words.

Paige: Paige dropped Rachel's hand to take off her coat and put it over Rachel before snuggling up again and resting her head back against Rachel's shoulder. She had no words, but she hoped she could be a comfort by being there.

Rachel: Rachel was vaguely aware of how ridiculous she likely looked in a pink coat and eventually shot Paige a concerned look, speaking softly, "You're going to get cold."

Paige: Paige shrugged a bit, not moving any more than that. "You are already cold."

Rachel: She pulled her free hand up to the back of her neck, running it over the tattoo. Okay, her fingers were a bit cold, but she still claimed, "I'm fine."

Paige: "Of course you are." Paige still didn't move.

Rachel: Rachel wasn't sure if Paige seriously believed that or if she was just being humored. Though, she also wasn't really sure if she was fine. Blowing out a breath, she admitted, "I've never been out here."

Paige: "I can understand that," Paige told her softly, taking her hand again.

Rachel: She held onto her hand tightly. "I-I figured if I came out here, it might help, but... I don't know what to think... or how I feel... or if I even feel anything..."

Paige: "Do you want to be alone, Rach?" Paige was scared to look up at her.

Rachel: "No," Rachel shook her head. "I guess now that I've seen it, we could go back in..."

Paige: "I don't want to rush you Rachel... about or into anything."

Rachel: "Bobby asked me about that. If either of us were ready for this, that is..." she commented, pulling her gaze back to Paige.

Paige: "None of his business and completely up to us."

Rachel: "He's concerned about us, and it kinda is a valid one," Rachel pointed out with a sigh, "I told him I wasn't going to get over anything if I sat around and brooded... which is what I've done all day..."

Paige: Paige bit her lower lip then sighed a bit herself. "What do you want to do then?"

Rachel: Sitting silently as she thought the question over, Rachel pulled her hand from the back of her neck to reach for the pack of cigarettes in her pocket. Paige wouldn't like it, but Rachel decided she wouldn't feel like she was freezing if she was smoking... assuming she could even get it lit with her numb hands. "I think..." she started, pausing to take a drag, "I think I want to get his shit out of my room."

Paige: That earned a cringe. "You don't have to do that alone."

Rachel: "You don't have to be the one to help me with it."

Paige: "I know that... but it matters who you want there with you."

Rachel: "Sitting here is probably uncomfortable enough for you..." Rachel sighed, reaching off to the side to flick some ash away.

Paige: "Rachel... this is about you. I'm here for you."

Rachel: After a long drag, she mumbled, "I'd like to just be over this so more can be about you."

Paige: Paige laughed a little bit and kissed Rachel's cheek despite the smoke. "All we have is time." She pulled Rachel's hand to her lips for a kiss.

Rachel: Rachel held back a bitter comment and smiled slightly at the kiss, glancing between Paige and the marker. As far as she was aware, there wasn't some sort of instruction guide on how to talk to your girlfriend about your dead ex-husband, so she just went for sharing, "Y'know, he'd probably hate the smoking, too... He'd expect me to do whatever the hell I wanted, regardless of what he thought though."

Paige: Paige laughed a little, softly. "That tends to be the theme surrounding you."

Rachel: After finishing her smoke, she turned to face Paige a bit more, "Probably not a good one."

Paige: "Hey, you stopped drinking didn't you?"

Rachel: "You don't really think I wanted to, do you?"

Paige: "No, you did not." Paige rested her forehead against Rachel's. "But you knew it was what was best."

Rachel: "No, I knew it was an opportunity to spend ridiculous amounts of time with you."

Paige: "So if I want you to do something I just bribe you with myself?"

Rachel: Rachel opened her mouth, paused, and tried again, "I'm not answering that."

Paige: Paige smiled and stole a soft kiss. "Thought so."

Rachel: "You could also try asking... I'm not exactly good at telling you no."

Paige: "I'll keep that in mind." Paige wrinkled her nose at her. "I just want to be here for you. Whatever you need me to do." Paige stroked Rachel's cheek softly. "I just need you to tell me what to do."

Rachel: "I don't have to tell you what to do. You manage to do everything well enough already," Rachel replied as she eyed her, "Though, right now... I guess you could drag me inside and not let me sulk. Like, ever."

Paige: Paige took a kiss from her, then got to her feet, pulling at Rachel to help her up. "No sulking. Got it."

Rachel: "I'm not walking back in with this on though," Rachel said as she pulled the coat from around her, holding it out to Paige as she took another look at the stone. Coming out here didn't change anything. He was still dead. Now, her mood could just use improving, but Paige was always help there. She could still totally manage this, and she didn't feel like she was just telling herself that for once.

Paige: Paige giggled and put her coat back on then took Rachel's hand again. "You do have a reputation as a badass to protect. Can't have that sullied with pink!"

Rachel: "I think it already is... I mean, everybody's talking about us."

Paige: "That's because we're the most exciting thing to happen around here in ages." Paige laced their fingers together, glancing over at Rachel again. "Though I think I do a lot to ruin it by being this close to you."

Rachel: Rachel laughed, giving her hand a squeeze, "Honestly, it's probably a boost to mine. Everyone loves you."

Paige: "Well... I don't know about that... but I do bring smiles usually."

Rachel: "Of course you do," she said as she leaned in to press a kiss to her temple, "And, they do. I've already been threatened with death if I hurt you."

Paige: Paige gave Rachel a very strange look. "Who in the world would do that and who would think you'd hurt me?"

Rachel: "Eddie," she answered simply, giving a shrug, "It's cool though."

Paige: Her face turned bright red. "That's my fault... I kind of blurted it out to him."

Rachel: Rachel shrugged, "I told him we were dating."

Paige: "I told him that too."

Rachel: She shot her a grin, "How did we ever think we'd be able to keep this a secret?"

Paige: "I don't know... I don't keep secrets very well." Paige blushed at her.

Rachel: "Apparently, I don't either, and it shouldn't be a secret anymore since I may have posted a picture of you on google during dinner the other night..."

Paige: "You did what?!" Paige's face was a deeper shade of red instantly. "I guess it's official official then..."

Rachel: Rachel paused and turned to face her, stealing a kiss. "That's not a bad thing is it?"

Paige: "No. Not bad. Just surprised me," she assured Rachel, stealing another kiss.

Rachel: "Amazingly. I'm surprised you didn't notice..." she commented as she carried on walking.

Paige: "Well I've been buuusssssyyyyy," Paige complained.

Rachel: Rachel looked over to her with a smirk, teasing, "What could you possibly be that busy doing?"

Paige: "N-n-n-nothing!"

Rachel: "Oh, that was convincing."

Paige: "Yeah well, I'm not telling!" she said defiantly.

Rachel: "Really?" Rachel asked, stopping again to give Paige a bemused look, "You aren't?"

Paige: "Nope!" Paige pretended to lock up her mouth.

Rachel: "Not even if I do this?" she asked, releasing Paige's hand to tickle her.

Paige: Paige squealed and tried to escape the tickle attack. "Never!"

Rachel: Rachel tried to continue the attack as well as scoop up a handful of snow, mumbling a curse under her breath when it all turned back to powder once she'd tossed it. She could hardly form a snowball with one hand.

Paige: A gasp escaped from Paige, but she quickly recovered and pressed a snowball, throwing it at Rachel.

Rachel: Giving up on the tickling, she tried to duck and scooped up another handful, compacting this one. She gave it a toss, insisting, "You have to tell me."

Paige: Paige let out a bit of a scream as it hit her, but she ran for cover. "Never!"

Rachel: "You just told me you couldn't keep secrets!"

Paige: "I can't! But I can this one!" Paige threw another snowball at Rachel.

Rachel: Laughing, Rachel held her arm up to shield herself, squeezing her eyes closed as the snowball burst into a spray against her shoulder. "Fine. What's so special about this one?"

Paige: "It's about.... GOOD TRY!" Paige threw another snowball as fast as she could.

Rachel: "Damn..." she cursed as she gathered another snowball while attempting to avoid the latest one that'd been flung at her, moving in on Paige's cover.

Paige: Paige screamed and ran for it, trying to form the snowball as she went.

Rachel: Rachel kept a hold on hers, running after Paige as well as she could. Sneakers were not made for wading through snow. Once she'd finally caught up, she hooked an arm around Paige's waist, working to shove the snowball down the back of her coat.

Paige: That did earn Rachel a very loud scream as the snowball went down her shirt. She lost her balance at the grab, stumbling.

Rachel: The stumbling did nothing to help her own balance, and Rachel pulled her down with her, shifting so she didn't actually land on Paige. Not that she was likely to crush anyone. She slipped her other arm around Paige, asking with a grin, "Will you tell me now?"

Paige: Terror and excitement intermingled on Paige's face. She pulled Rachel down for a kiss instead, sliding her fingers into Rachel's hair.

Rachel: Rachel wasn't exactly opposed to being kissed, but she wasn't going to get an answer like this... Or maybe she could. She shifted closer, making sure to briefly return the kiss to the best of her ability before pulling away and moving to get up.

Paige: Paige held out her hand for Rachel to help her back up as she saw Rachel getting up.

Rachel: She took her hand and pulled her to her feet, mumbling as she leaned in for another kiss, "It'd be warmer inside... unless you're too busy doing nothing."

Paige: "I'm too busy wanting more kisses!" Paige teased her, hurrying to get inside.

Rachel: "Well, I might be more tempted to give you that if I knew this secret," Rachel reasoned, not wasting much time herself because she'd been cold before the snowball fight.

Paige: "Nooooooooo!" Paige pouted at her.

Rachel: She pouted back, "Not even a hint?"

Paige: "Ok ok... but you have to pay me. In one super amazing kiss."

Rachel: "I promise I'll give you more than one."

Paige: "Ok. It's for Valentine's day. And that's all you're getting out of me!"

Rachel: Rachel warily eyed her as she shoved the patio door open, wondering how Paige could possibly be planning something for Valentine's day already. She hadn't even thought about it. ...Shit, she hadn't even thought about it, and Paige probably had something awesome planned. She bit down on her lip, eventually teasing because she didn't know what else to say to that, "That's all I'm getting?"

Paige: "Yep! You'll just have to be surprised."

Rachel: And right over her head. She grumbled as she stepped inside, pulling her jacket off, "I hate surprises."

Paige: "But but... I was a surprise..."

Rachel: "Fine... I don't hate the surprise..." Rachel sighed, throwing her jacket over her shoulder and reaching for Paige's hand, "I just hate waiting for them."

Paige: Paige giggled and laced her fingers with Rachel's. "I'll try to make it worth it."