1/30 Instance: The Third Doctor

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/30 Instance: The Third Doctor

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Mayday> Mayday paced her way down the corridors of the mansion, heading for Anna's office. According to Sue, the returned teacher could possibly cure her damages, and given that the Renaissance Festival was so close, and she had outfits to finish, now was as good a time as any to find a faster way to heal.

<@Mayday> She glanced down at her bandaged wrist, frowning, "...she can fix it." Mayday assured herself, spotting the room she was looking for and knocking the door softly with her good hand before pushing it ajar, "H-hello?" she piped up.

<Anna> There was an explosion of pink glitter followed by a shriek before a head appeared over the top of a desk. "Hi!" She shook the glitter out of her hair... well most of it. "Can I help you?"

<@Mayday> "Wow, you really are really, really Irish!" Mayday giggled, smile fading, "Oooh! I-I didn't mean to sound racist! O-or culturist...or...erhm..." she frowned, blushing a little, "C-can I just start over? M-my name's Mayday Parker, a-and I...." she looked around at the room's decor, "...totally forgot it was Valentines soon! Aw, damnit..."

<Anna> Anna giggled, "Yes, I am Irish. Yes it is valentines soon.... and yes, I am covered in glitter. I know you wanted to ask." She got to her feet, running a hand through her hair, "I am going to be finding that til Paddy's day... oh well at least then I can just add green on top...." She picked up her giant cupid cutout that she had lovingly decorated and levitated herself up to one of the strings across her room to fix it in place.

<@Mayday> Mayday blinked at her, "S-so you can levitate too? That's a cool power." she smiled, "Erm...I-I came to ask you something actually...you're a doctor right? S-should I call you 'Doctor'?"

<Anna> "It's teke, limited but useful enough." She finished fixing the cutout to the string and lowered herself back down. "I am a Doctor but you can just call me Anna." she gave the girl a smile. "So, what can I do for you?"

<@Mayday> Waving her hand at Anna, Mayday frowned at it, "M-my girlfriend said you can heal people, and I was wondering if maybe you could fix my bruises and stuff? 'Sjust...I-I really don't wanna spend any more time sat in bed..."

<Anna> "Oh sure!" Anna smiled, "I can fix you right up no problem!" She moved over to her, "Just want the big stuff healed or shall I clear everything up?"

<@Mayday> "How do your powers work?" Mayday asked, "You can just flash over everything and do it all from fractures to scrapes?"

<Anna> She nodded, "It's some kind of molecular control. I can't make it work on myself but other people are easy. I used to not be able to control it which was kind of awkward for a while.... there is another side though, it's not just physical stuff I heal."

<@Mayday> Mayday blinked, "Oh? L-like what else?"

<Anna> "I can heal mental trauma too... like if say... someone had PTSD I could heal that right up. Better than years of therapy."

<@Mayday> "You can....fix people's thoughts?" Mayday frowned, "...erm...i-isn't that kinda invasive? I mean, like, what if you re-wrote who they are? S-some people are who they are because of those 'issues', you know? Like Adam, for example, I-I don't exactly like who he's been, but I would never say it needed to be 'cured'."

<Anna> She shook her head, "No no. It's not like that. They'd still remember everything that happened but it wouldn't produce the same side effects. Any nightmares or associated anxiety attacks would lessen or disappear completely. It depends on the extent of the trauma and the patient. And I'd never do that without permission. I rarely use it at all."

<@Mayday> "I can see why." Mayday nodded, "W-well, in any case it's just the bruises and scratches. A-and the hairline fracture in my wrist."

<Anna> "No problem," she moved over to Mayday and held her hand out, "I have to make physical contact."

<@Mayday> Nodding, the redhead held out her hands, "B-be gentle with the bandaged one, it still really hurts."

<Anna> Anna took both her hands gently, feeling out the different injuries with her powers before releasing a heal to cover them all. "And there you go," she smiled. "All better."

<@Mayday> Mayday shuddered as the warm, tingling sensation flowed through her body, like a 'pins and needles' feeling starting from the point Anna was holding her hands, and flourishing throughout her frame like a wave of heat, quickly followed with seemingly nothing.

<@Mayday> ".....erm...a-am I fixed?"

<Anna> Anna released her hands. "See for yourself." She gave her a grin.

<@Mayday> Timidly, Mayday flexed her left hand, blinking at it before squeezing her fist and releasing it with ease, "That is so awesome!" she clapped, amazed she could do that even, "I-it's like it was never there!" she pulled the bandage off and looked at the skin, completely bruise-free, "...h-how have they not bottled you yet?" she grinned at Anna.

<Anna> Anna laughed, "Well probably because not a lot of people know I can do it. I was very choosy what I healed when I was actually working as a doctor. Nothing that would arouse suspicion."

<@Mayday> "But...y-you could theoretically cure cancer with ease, right?" Mayday suddenly gasped, "W-why would people not want to let you cure people?"

<Anna> "Because they don't want filthy mutants poking around inside their bodies." Anna said, a slight wrinkle of distaste in her nose. "People can be remarkably pigheaded about these things... and that's not so much theory either. I've done it.... admittedly it was an accident."

<@Mayday> Mayday frowned, "....Jehova's Witnesses or something?"

<Anna> Anna laughed, "If only it was just them. But no, the anti-mutant crowd freaks the hell out if you suggest anything to do with your powers interacting with their bodies on molecular levels. They obviously think they can catch mutant from us."

<@Mayday> "Like gay cooties..." Mayday murmured to herself, smirking a little, "Well, anyway, thanks for....you know, fixing me."

<Anna> "Any time. What's the point of being able to heal you guys if I don't get to do it... but that's not an excuse to be less careful." She was always careful to add that part. "You're not all indestructible."

<@Mayday> "I know." Mayday nodded, "Maybe you can give that advice to Jessica Drew next time she decides to let loose on me?" she smiled wryly, "I'm kidding." she hopped on the spot, glad to be able to move around again.

<Anna> Anna laughed a little, "Well now that I've healed you up, you can skip merrily on your way to whatever shenanigans you kids get up to these days."

<@Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Awesome, thanks so much!" she beamed, skipping away to see Sue; there was no way she'd believe it - Time Lord healing powers!