1/30 Instance: Bad! Bad! Bad!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

1/30 Instance: Bad! Bad! Bad!

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After The Third Doctor.

Cassie: A cartwheel took Cassandra over the edge of the wooden bar and her bare feet made contact with the cushioned gymnastics mat. Her arms stretched out to either side, legs straight and back bent, she steadied herself for an instance, before letting the air flow from her lungs with a satisfied smile on her lips.

Mayday: "Wow, that's so awesome!", Mayday clapped, sitting cross-legged a little way away from the bar and watching Cassandra's display, "A-and you have no powers that augument balance, right? This is one hundred percent you, that's so amazing!"

Cassie: "Thank you," she replied, her smile growing as she turned towards Mayday. "You don't need special powers to achieve amazing things. Some heart and a stubborn mind can take you a long way." Pulling off the rubber band, Cassandra rearranged her long mane, before tying it into a new ponytail. "And a decade or so of constance practice."

Cassie: She chuckled. "Still, there are more than enough who'd put me to shame, and with no powers at all to help them out. I'm not even close to the skill needed if I got it into my mind to apply at, say, Cirque du Soleil."

Mayday: Standing, Mayday dusted herself off, "Well, I still think it's spectacular! They'd be crazy not to take on a great girl like you.", she smiled, "So er....c-can you teach me? I have good balance because of my powers just....you know...crappy flexibility."

Cassie: "I can, and I gladly will," Cassandra said, flashing a grin as she tilted her head. Putting her hands on her hips, she looked Mayday up and down. "Well, that sense of balance should prove useful to keep the number of times you fall onto your pretty behind to a minimum. And your flexibility is something we can work on."

Mayday: "P-pretty behind?", the redhead repeated, blushing slightly, but smiling all the same, "E-erm....w-well, yeah. I erm...falling is bad.", she ruffled her hair a little, "So what should I do to limber up?"

Cassie: After tapping an index finger against her lips for a moment, Cassandra held it up and gave a single nod. "Stretching exercises, of course. It's the first thing I learned, so I figure they should serve you well, too. Besides, we don't want you to pull any muscles and tendons, do we now? I'm sure you could do without me having to carry you down to the medlab."

Mayday: Mayday shook her head, "No way do I wanna end up there twice in the space of a week! Anna helped with my injuries the first time around, but I don't wanna have to keep going to her...", she frowned, looking down at her wrist where it used to be fractured, tensing her fist, "Ok, so...w-what should we do?",

Cassie: "First of all, you need to loosen up a little," Cassandra instructed her fellow student. "Your limbs, I mean." She brushed some of the leftover talk from her hands and turned around. "Come on, let's get you warmed up. Just do what I do." Standing with spread legs, she bent forward, until her hands come to rest on her shins.

Mayday: Standing next to her, Mayday nodded, "Right, ok.", she followed the other girl's movements gently, testing her stretching limits.

Cassie: Turning her head, she looked over at the other girl and smiled. "Yes, exactly like that." She nodded. "Do you feel any pain? In your thighs, calves, or around your joints perhaps?"

Mayday: "A little bit.", Mayday admitted, smiling wryly, "L-like....you know right behind your knees? All the way up there."

Cassie: "Then we're off to a good start." Cassandra smirked, before standing up again. "When it hurts, we know we're on the right way." She stepped up to Mayday, leaning down to put her hands on the girl's leg and wrists, guiding her further down. "Feel free to yell at me."

Mayday: Mayday's skin tingled a little bit at the sensation of Cassandra's hands, "T-they're...your hands are cold.", she blinked, shaking her head, "S-sorry...er....w-what are you feeling for?"

Cassie: "Just making sure you keep your legs straight," she answered. "And that you're not being too cautious." Letting go, she patted the mattress underneath Mayday's feet, before sitting down herself. "I got an idea. Come sit down across from me. There's this really neat stretching exercise you can only do with two people."

Mayday: "O-ok, sure.", Mayday stood up again, stretching her back a little before taking a seat as requested, "So, how does it go?"

Cassie: "Spread your legs like I do, and keep the soles of your feet pressed to mine," Cassandra explained, bending forward to hold out her hands. "Then you grab my hands and start pulling me against you. Afterwards, I'll do the same with you. It's like a human seesaw - just with more strained muscles."

Mayday: Giggling, Mayday nodded, "Heh, it's kinda funny sounding.", she positioned herself for it, adjusting her grip on Cassandra's hands, "Ok, so your way first?"

Cassie: "If you like." Cassandra showed a slight smirk, before she slowly leaned back and pulled Mayday's upper body her way, feeling the pressure against her feet. "The most important lesson I can teach you about gymnastics is not to mind that it hurt. Pain will be inevitable, so don't be scared of it. See it as a challenge."

Mayday: With a little smile, the redhead nodded, gasping slightly at the pulling in her back, "I can take a bit of pain, I once got blown away by Phoenix in London. True story!", she heaved a little, exhaling as she sat back, "Whew! That's....aw, man, that's so weird - I feel like elastic..."

Cassie: "Good." She revealed a toothy grin, having pulled the other girl almost on top of her. "And the more often you do this, the easier it gets." After holding that position for a moment, she lessened her pull. "Okay, now the other way. And don't be too gentle with me."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, leaning back and guiding Cassandra with her, "So, you've been at this for ten years?", she asked.

Cassie: "Yes, more or less." She nodded, leaning forward and stretching as the redhead pulled on her arms. "I got to start early when my parents signed me up for ballet lessons. For a while, I considered joining a professional gymnastics team. Fortunately, that was only a phase."

Cassie: When her upper body came to rest on Mayday's stomach, she raised her head to reveal a cheeky grin. "After all, I ended up doing the sensible thing and ran off with the circus."

Mayday: "I-I thought it was pretty cool that you were in the circus.", Mayday shuddered a little at the feeling of Cassandra's body against her own, ".....h-how long are you gonna....", she blushed, "...erm..."

Cassie: "Oh yes, I never regretted the decision to join them." Cassandra grinned, before she spent a few moments looking thoughtful. "Not that I'd bother with regrets often anyway." She chuckled, glancing back at Mayday's face. "Well, I guess for as long as you keep holding my hands."

Mayday: Mayday blinked, "O-oh....right.", her blushing became deeper, "T-then shall we get back up?", she felt oddly comfortable, which made her somewhat uncomfortable.

Cassie: Cassandra snickered. "If that's what you want," she replied, giving the girl a wry grin. "Mind you, we're going to end up in way stranger poses, anyway."

Mayday: "....f-for 'srs'? I-I mean, for serious?", Mayday bit her lip, "Ahm...ok, just...I-I get all weird about....sorry.", she smiled back, "I guess this'll give me the chance to get over that awkwardness too, huh?"

Cassie: "There's nothing to feel sorry or awkward about." They sat up again and took a moment to stretch their legs and bend their knees again. "This must be a bit strange for you, isn't it? I keep forgetting I'm not at our circus anymore. When you train together with a whole troupe of acrobats, you tend to lose any fear of contact really quickly."

Mayday: "It's not fear...", Mayday paused, stretching her leg out with a deep breath, "...actually, I-I guess it kind of is. Er...it's something I should get used to, I know.", she hopped on her feet, sighing, "S'just that my girlfriend is the only person I'm quite touchy with, you know?"

Cassie: "Ah, yes." Cassandra cocked her head and ran her right hand through her hair. "Another thing I keep forgetting." A sheepish smile appeared on her face as she bit her lower lip. "So, this would be less awkward for you if I were a boy, yes?"

Mayday: Mayday blinked, "W-what? I-I mean no, I....I don't think so...erm...", she frowned, "....I never really....I-I mean I've liked boys before...so maybe I'm bi? I don't....w-wait, can you shift genders like Lukas?"

Cassie: That caused Cassandra to blink right back at Mayday. "What?" She arched her eyebrows. "No, why would I be able to do that?" The edge of her mouth curled to show a half-smile. "Now here's a question I seriously didn't expect." She chuckled, before her voice cut off. "Wait... you have someone who can do this?"

Mayday: "I-I....well, yeah. Lukas. A-and apparently Eddie Brock did. He er...", Mayday looked puzzled, "I don't really get him as a person. You'd have to talk to him yourself.", she squirmed on the spot, "T-that aside, I don't feel uncomfortable around you, ok? I'm sorry if I came off bad."

Cassie: "Don't worry, you didn't." Cassandra gave her an assuring smile, before reaching for Mayday's hands and getting up on her feet again. This place managed to grew more interesting and strange with each passing day. "And who says I don't find it cute how you blush and squirm around me?"

Mayday: Again, the redness flushed Mayday's cheeks, "Y-you think I'm cute?", she smiled a little timidly, "T-thanks, Cassie.", she felt a little bit silly, chewing her lip and grinning.

Cassie: "See? This is exactly what I'm talking about." Cassandra reached out to tap the tip of her finger on Mayday's nose. "You're so adorable I could just eat you up." The next moment, she already turned around. "Right, how do you think about... splits?"

Mayday: "O-oh, er...", Mayday shrugged, "I-I've never....erm....", she pondered it for a moment, "...I guess I don't know. I think I've done them before but it was so long ago now..."

Cassie: "We can start slowly, if you like," she said, promptly sliding one foot forward and one backward, until her hips touched the mat. With her legs stretched in opposite directions, she bent back her upper body and gave the redhead an upside-down look. "You might want to stretch your thighs a little before trying this, though."

Mayday: Mayday gasped, "....wow. That is seriously the coolest....wow...", she took a deep breath, "....ok. Ok, I can do that, no problem!", she nodded, moving to crouch down, and then standing back up with a look of confusion on her face, "....rrright....erm...."

Cassie: "Those years of practice I mentioned before? They're mostly spent abusing your tendons and muscles until they no longer mind bending in unnatural ways like this." Cassandra grinned, then rolled onto her stomach. Her chest now came to rest on the outstretched leg that just just been behind her back a moment before.

Cassie: "So don't get disheartened if it seems yet impossible to you." Stretching her arms, she held on to her foot. "Take it slowly, only as far as you can - and if you keep that up, you'll find that you can bend a little farther with each passing day."

Mayday: "O-ok...", Mayday took a few deep breaths before slowly lowering herself, edging her feet, one forward, one backwards, until she was just a little lower than her knee level. She bounced there for a moment, an awkward expression on her face, "It kinda pulls really badly...", she confessed, brow knotted.

Cassie: "What did you expect?" Cassandra's grin turned a little mischievous. "At first, it hurts just as badly as it looks." She got up back up on her feet and stepped over to Mayday. "The secret is to not let that discourage you from trying. Wait, I'll help you up again. Don't want to have you end up stuck, no?"

Mayday: Shaking her head, Mayday held a hand out to Cassandra, "No...t-that'd be really awkward.", she smirked, "Then I'd have to explain why I have my legs so wide with another girl, huh?", she snorted, laughing out loud.

Cassie: "You think they wouldn't believe us if we told them it was an accident?" Cassandra chuckled, firmly holding on to Mayday's arms as she pulled her back up, causing them to bump into each other.

Mayday: Instinct took over, Mayday pulling Cassandra close to steady them both before realizing what she'd done. She moved back, brushing the other girl's nose with hers and jumping, "S-s-sorry!", she stammered.

Cassie: As she wrinkled her tickling nose, a cheeky smile crept onto Cassandra's features. "Don't apologize to me," she told the other girl. "After all, I'm not the one with the girlfriend here. If anyone should feel guilty, it ought to be me." Her smile briefly turned into a toothy grin. "But I don't."

Mayday: ".....I...d-didn't think you liked girls....", Mayday whispered. Of the several hundred things running through her head, she felt both embarrased and intrigued that she'd picked that sentence. She exhaled slowly, realizing she hadn't moved from being so close to Cassandra.

Cassie: "I never said I did, and I never said I didn't," Cassandra replied, an impish smile curling her lips as she shrugged. "Maybe I do?" She turned around and took a step away, quickly bending forward to perform a handstand. "Or maybe I'm just a naughty little girl who likes to play games?"

Mayday: Mayday took a sharp breath as Cassandra stepped away, running a hand through her hair, "...you're a bad girl.", she smirked a little, not quite sure how she felt about what had happened there.

Cassie: "I am," she admitted, her raven hair hanging down to the floor as she cracked an upside down grin at Mayday. "And I like it."

Mayday: Blushing again, Mayday squirmed a little, her hand still in her hair and her other hand balling into a fidgeting fist - she was positive that if she had a mother, this is the kind of girl she'd have been warned about. Or guy, if she was straight. 'Er'. 'Straighter'? She glanced away, "I-I hope you know....t-that I wouldn't....'cause...Sue and me...", she wasn't sure what sentence she was trying to put together.

Mayday: "...c-can we go back to training? I-I feel like I'm just breaking my brain...", she smiled awkwardly.

Cassie: "Very well," Cassandra agreed with a smirk, bending over until she landed on her feet again. She reached for the bowl of talc and rubbed some onto the palms of her hands. "Let's go back to breaking your joints instead."

Mayday: "Sure thing.", Mayday smiled back, glad to be off the topic, but still uncertain as to what the topic was, or why it didn't bother her. She shook her head, less thinking, more stretching, "Right...what's next?"