1/29 Instance: Temper, Temper

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/29 Instance: Temper, Temper

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Hisako> Hisako tapped the melon on the table with her finger gently, rolling it around as she looked at the knife in her other hand. She placed the blade down, stepping back and closing her eyes.

<Hisako> She opened them a moment later, revealing the purple-red glow in them as she focused her energy, bringing her psionic armor plate to life around her. Concentrating with all her strength, she urged it to move away, lifting the melon and holding it out in offering to her. Hisako smiled, concentration knotting her brow as she flexed her hand.

<Hisako> A magenta katana flashed into existence in her grasp. Raising it, she sliced downwards and cut the melon, lifting and slicing again and again until it was evenly diced. She had her armor lay the pieces on the table before fading it and the sword out of existence, leaning on the counter and breathing heavily.

<Fabian> Fabian stepped into the kitchen just in time to see Hisako standing over melons....breathing. "Are they that exciting or are you just a bit worked up?" He asked withs ome slight caution. If she was just going to throw another fit he was out of here.

<Fabian> But he would at least make sure that wasn't the case before he simply stepped out...plus, fuck it, he wanted coffee. He stepped right on over to the counter, pouring himself a cup.

<Hisako> Hisako moved away, not meeting his eyes and fumbling with the pill bottle in her pocket, slipping another into her mouth and swallowing it, "...'mfine. P-practicing..." she murmured, hand on her head as she slipped the bottle away, cursing under her breath at the pain in her head.

<Fabian> Okay, they were keeping their space from one another. Fabian could deal with that as well. "Practicing, hmm? How's that going?" Maybe a good practice would fix her mood some.

<Hisako> Shuddering gently, Hisako leaned on the table, looking down at the sliced watermelon and then back at Fabian, "...well enough." she breathed, tiredness clear on her face. She lifted a piece of melon and nibbled at it, using her other hand to find herself a seat, slipping into it.

<Fabian> "Good to hear." well, this was fun. Fabian was half tempted to be a complete ass and just wait her out to see how long it would take her to say anything on her own.

<Hisako> "Mmmph..." Hisako responded, shuddering becoming more apparent.

<Fabian> "...are you twitching because of me or is it just a thing with you now?"

<Hisako> She looked up at Fabian, "What are you saying? I'm fine." she lied.

<Fabian> "And so are my eyes." Fabian wanted to roll them for her to demonstrate but he just took a seat on the counter and had his coffee.

<Hisako> "T-then we are fine." Hisako's voice shook as she bit into the melon again, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

<Fabian> "Right." He raised his cup to her, just watching for a moment.

<Hisako> She put the melon slice down, holding her head. It was pounding.

<Fabian> "So I'm just going to jump to the conclusion that you're committed to pretending our last kitchen run-in simply didn't happen? I do wonder how the place got fixed up this quickly, people make progress on repairs pretty swiftly here."

<Hisako> Hisako shook her head, growling a little at the pain within it, "..'sfine! Leave me alone!"

<Fabian> "No, you know what? You don't get to be mad at me. You have shit for reasons to be angry with me now so you can stop acting like that right now."

<Hisako> Gripping her head with both hands, Hisako winced, crying sharply at the agonizing pounding within.

<Fabian> He simply arched an eyebrow at this behavior, waiting for her again.

<Hisako> Taking a few sharp, deep breaths, Hisako curled up in her seat, waiting for the pain to subside. Surely enough, after a few moments of harsh breathing, both the pain and the shuddering both subsided as the second pill took effect. She rubbed her eyes, the invigoration of the pill working against her tiredness, forcing her into a more awake state.

<Hisako> She looked back at Fabian, eyes glazed with sleeplessness before shimmering magenta, "I-I'm sorry. Headache." she stated simply.

<Fabian> Fabian didn't even try to not give her a doubting look. She was obviously off the deep-end. "Coffee?" He was pouring himself another to get through this.

<Hisako> Hisako stood, "No. I-I'm fine." she nodded weakly, pacing to the other side of the room and retrieving a plate for her melon slices.

<Fabian> "Good, good, looking more than a bit shaky there. So, back to the question?"

<Hisako> "W-what question?" Hisako looked at him as if completely oblivious, her concentration wavering on every word he said.

<Fabian> "Are we just pretending that all didn't happen or what?"

<Hisako> Hisako shrugged, shaking her head, "I don't know, I don't want to talk about it, ok?" she returned to her table and started stacking the melon slices onto her plate, "I-I just don't want to tell people about my father, so don't." she turned to him, "And if you tell Reyes-san..."

<Fabian> "What? You're going to act like an asshole and attack me again?"

<Hisako> "It's none of your business!" she huffed, "You're just a moron who thinks he knows it all, and you don't, Cortez-san! You don't! You can't tell me what I should do, and you argued with me when I said leave me alone that time!"

<Fabian> Sliding off the cabinet, Fabian downed his coffee. "Exactly what makes me a moron? Giving you advice? Letting you punch me in the face and not walking out on you and actually attempting to listen to your problems? How dare I argue with you when I wanted to talk to you about how you had been acting because obviously doing so is just beyond the pale."

<Fabian> "So, you know what? unless you can figure out that it's you being the moronic asshole here enjoy not having any friends because I had been being just that."

<Hisako> "Don't pretend you care about me." Hisako took her plate and turned, approaching the door, "Nobody cares about me."

<Fabian> "...we were getting along just fine until you started acting like this, Hisako."

<Hisako> She glanced over her shoulder, "I don't need you." she stated, "I don't need any of you. And you don't need me."

<Fabian> "Oh yeah, that's why you were sobbing on the floor, because you don't need anyone."

<Hisako> Hisako's shoulders fell, "...I-I don't." she shook her head, "I was just upset. I'm not so weak."

<Fabian> "You know what, I'm over it. I've been perfectly fine to you and, quite frankly, while you obviously both need to get the hell over yourself and need someone to talk to, I don't have to be that person. So you either grow up and find me or someone else later or you go on like you are until a professional is put in charge of you."

<Fabian> "I all ready know more about your problems than I'm guessing anyone so it'd probably be a hell of a lot easier to just pick me now but that's on you."

<Hisako> "I don't want to! I don't want your 'help'!" Hisako sighed, sounding more tired and unwilling than angry and unwanting, "Just...stop. Stop saying this." she shook her head, making her way away and faltering before falling down.

<Fabian> "Telling you to go fuck yourself just seems mean when you can't even walk."

<Hisako> Hisako pushed herself up, teething out a frustrated sigh at the fact the plate had only salvaged two slices of melon from the unclean floor. She stood shakily, raising a hand and summoning a hand-shaped forcefield to grasp the lost pieces of food and guide them with her towards the bin, where she discarded them, cutting Fabian a dirty look.

<Hisako> "Go and fuck yourself." she spat, walking back to her plate in the corridor with clear difficulty as the sinister, glowing hand floating behind her blinked out of existence. Once she'd picked up the plate, she made her way away, not looking back nor breaking her stride.

<Fabian> He just shrugged at her again, smiling and waving as she went along her way. Well, that had been a fun, fun talk.