1/29 Instance: Straightened Out

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/29 Instance: Straightened Out

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

<Paige> Paige's eyes went wide as she opened up the box of her brand new flat iron. "Oh you are beautiful!" She swung it around a bit like a jedi sword thingie, then struck a pose. "I need to test this on somebody." She set it down at her station and plugged it in, turning it on. With a bounce, Paige headed into the hallway to find a victim... er... test subject.

<Cecilia> Cecilia ambled down the hallway eating an apple, leisurely and completely unaware of any sort of nefarious plans headed her way. "Burrrrrn, burn, burn...Burn your wicked gar-den down," she hummed to herself softly.

<Paige> Target acquired! "Ohhhh Miss Ceceeeeeeeelia!" Paige bounced down the hallway after her. "How are you todaaaaaaaaaay?!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia paused and turned around. "...Okaaayyy? I guess?" She said, frowning and raising an eyebrow. Good Lord Paige was bouncy. She sorta reminded her of that woman in that movie that was blonde and wore a lot of pink...actually, Cecilia was pretty sure that movie was about Paige. "...Something I can do for you?" She asked warily.

<Paige> "Yes actually! If you have the time. You aren't busy are you? I don't want to keep you..."

<Cecilia> "Uh, no, I'm not busy..." And that, in retrospect, was Cecilia's first mistake. "I can help out. Whaddaya need?" She said, taking another bite of apple.

<Paige> "Ohhhh hooray!" Paige gently guided Cecilia back towrd the Cosmetology lab. "I just got in some new products and I need a willingly model for me! I promise it will only make you more beautiful!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia emitted an incredibly girly squeal that she was sure to be embarrassed about later as Paige glomped onto her unexpectedly and dragged her into the hair salon of horror. "Gah! What?! Oh God, please don't cut my hair! It just got back to normal!" She pleaded. Jesus, who she didn't quite believe in, save her.

<Paige> "Of course I won't cut your hair! That would be silly!" Paige giggled and took Cecilia to her booth. "If you'll just have a seat, the testing can begin!" Or makeover. Whatever.

<Cecilia> Cecilia sat down, stunned. She'd lost her half-eaten apple somewhere in the hall. She hoped nobody slipped on it and fell down the stairs. She eyed the beauty products, "Oh, good. Cause I've never had it cut by anyone but my mom or myself!" She babbled. "Didn't have the money for it and it sorta holds up on its own if you know what I mean!"

<Cecilia> There was pink eye shadow. Pink. Dear God, she was going to leave this room looking like an anime character. 

<Paige> "Oh Cecilia honey... you don't have to pay for haircuts here. Ever! I'll make sure you look wonderful for freeee!" She played with Cecilia's hair a bit, getting a feel for it. "Oh you are going to look stunning!" She pulled out some clips from her drawer, putting up some of Cecilia's hair.

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned as clips went into her hair, making her look like she had auburn broccoli growing out of her head. "Holy shit..." she muttered.

<Paige> "Nooo.... you owe me a quarter now, love." Paige pointed to the swear jar on the counter.

<Cecilia> "For what?" Asked Cecilia, confused. "I thought this was for free. Changed your mind?" She asked smugly. Caught her in the act, hypocrite.

<Paige> "Oh the hair is. Swearing is not." Paige put some product on Cecilia's hair then attacked it with the flat iron.

<Cecilia> "...You gotta be shitting me," said Cecilia. Who the fuck had a swear jar? She was a grown woman she could swear if she liked. On the other hand though Paige had a hot iron near her head. That was more than enough incentive to pay up. 

<Paige> "Fifty cents now." Paige smiled. "But it all goes to a very good cause," she promised, marvelling at the flat iron. Oh it was wonderful!

<Cecilia> Cecilia wondered if Paige noticed the huge crisscross scars of the back of her head or the omega tattoo on her neck. If so, she had not commented on it. But Rachel had a lot of tattoos, so this was probably a walk in the park to her. "...It's your ice cream fund, isn't it? I hate ice cream..." she grumbled.

<Paige> "Of course not! That would be silly. It's for gummy bears." She smiled happily, giggling a bit. "You have gorgeous hair, by the way."

<Cecilia> "...Thank you?" said Cecilia, a little surprised. "I think you're the first person to say that to me..." Most probably wouldn't agree. It was dry and coarse, such as most curly hair.

<Paige> "Women spend hundred of dollars to make their hair look like yours." Paige finished with that layer and moved on to the next one, re-clipping the hair.

<Cecilia> "Hm, they'd be better off spending that money on something that matters," said Cecilia, sagely, she thought. "Can't change what you have. Might as well get used to it."

<Paige> "I couldn't agree more, but people do that all the time. Changing hair colour, getting perms, tanning... we seem to be obsessed with changing what we were born with."

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "I don't see why. Seems most people would be better off with lessons in self-confidence than trying to change something they can't change. I had to learn to like what I had pretty early, since there's not many people that really value how I look."

<Paige> "You're pretty smart, you know that? Some women never learn that lesson."

<Cecilia> "Thanks, I like to think I've got that going for me." She watched Paige curiously. She was somewhat interested to see what Paige could do for her. "You were Miss America once, right? I remember that, I think. I was pretty young." 

<Cecilia> Cecilia wouldn't find it surprising if she was. Paige reminded her of a Barbie she'd had as a kid, before her brother got his hands on her and cut her hair and drew tattoos on her in permanent ink.

<Paige> "Not that young!" Paige laughed at her. "It's only been like…Seven years or so. Wow, okay, so it has been awhile."

<Cecilia> "Seven years ago I was eleven going on twelve," said Cecilia. "I'm eighteen now, going on nineteen in May." And her father was dead for nearly a year back then, but Paige didn't need to know that. "I can remember the news. Nice speech," she said. "Belated congratulations, I guess."

<Paige> "Oh no need to fuss over it now... that was just when I was starting at Xavier's. I spent my first Thanksgiving here being in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. That was amazing!"

<Cecilia> "So you were the age I am now," said Cecilia, mulling that over. Interesting...she wondered vaguely what she'd be like when she was Paige's age. It was both an exciting and troubling prospect. "You got to ride a float?" She asked.

<Paige> "I sure did! In a gooooooooorgeous dress. Pink of course. Always pink. It was kind of a joke on the circuit too. Everything I ever put on was pink."

<Cecilia> "I guess some things don't change," said Cecilia wryly, eyeing the room in the mirror. Nope, definitely not. 

<Cecilia> Her hair wasn't looking too bad, at least not that she could see, but it was weird to have straight-ish hair...It felt limp and heavy, not like she was used to. She missed the spring in her hair.

<Paige> Paige moved on to the top layer, putting more product on. "Nope! And I'm glad for that. So many things change that some things staying the same is refreshing."

<Cecilia> "Yeah," admitted Cecilia. "I guess so..." She eyed Paige in the mirror. "So is Rachel technically the things staying the same? Or things changing? Or is it both?" She smirked.

<Paige> Paige paused to give her a puzzled look. "I don't get it...."

<Cecilia> "...Aren't you two a thing now?" Cecilia said, confused.

<Paige> "Well... yes... but that is new..." She blinked a bit. How could that be something the same?

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed inwardly, obviously this was gonna require some spoon feeding...and small words. "Well, you were classmates back then, so that makes you old friends, right? That's things staying the same. But now you're together as a couple, so that's things changing." 

<Cecilia> "It's sort of like putting new wrapping on something you've owned for awhile and opening it at Christmas," she said, speaking metaphorically. "That's how I like to think of friends that become couples." And she was such a sentimental sap...

<Paige> "Awwwwww that's so sweet! Yeah that's exactly right! She was.. isss one of my best friends. Only thing that really changed is that now I get to kiss her."

<Cecilia> Well, there. Finally she got it. It seemed blonde moments were a real thing. "Sorry if I intruded," she said, studying her reflection, nearly straightened. "Mayday's my best friend, well, my best female friend. I've heard a little about it over time. That and rumours."

<Paige> "You didn't intrude... it was sweet. Mayday and Rachel are good friends after all. Though that is also new..." Paige shrugged a bit and went back to Cecilia's hair.

<Cecilia> Cecilia wasn't sure how to respond to that, so she figured a topic change was in order. "So how long will my hair be this way?" She asked. "Will people be able to recognize me?" Now that was an interesting concept. She wondered if she could trick anyone into thinking she was new.

<Paige> Paige giggled at her. "It will wash out and be back to normal, so it will last as long as you want it to. And people should still recognize you."

<Cecilia> "Hopefully," she said. Really, she wasn't so sure she liked the idea of pretending to be someone else. That brought up a lot of uncomfortable memories of the people that came back from Traskland...and stories of Malice. "Well, it'll be change. Keep people on their toes around me (like they weren't already). Can't have me become predictable or anything."

<Paige> "Awww you look stunning!" Paige set the flat iron down to inspect her handiwork.

<Cecilia> Cecilia ran her fingers through her now straight hair. It was...weird. Not her at all, really. But she could be nice. "Thanks, Paige. It looks...different," she said, honestly.

<Paige> "Nooo, thank yoooooooooou! I got to test this out! It's amazing and I love it!" Paige gave Cecilia a hug.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stiffened a little at the surprise hug, but covered it well enough. Hugging back awkwardly. "You're...very welcome," she said, patting Paige awkwardly on the back. Okay, so hugging people that weren't friends still needed practice, but so far so good. "So I'll just put my fifty cents in the jar now and hit the town, I guess."

<Cecilia> "See if I turn any heads."

<Paige> "Ohhh please let me know if you do! I can live vicariously though you!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed and got up. "I will, and you're doing fine on your own if what I hear about other student's crushes is any indication!" She cackled, leaving Paige to stew about that one. She wandered into the hall, picked up her dusty apple and made her way back to the dorms, chuckling.

<Paige> Paige just stared after Cecilia. "What students and their crushes!?" Paige was horrified by this possibility, but Cecilia was already gone.