1/29 Instance: Everything Went Better Than Expected?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/29 Instance: Everything Went Better Than Expected?

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Fic 'Control'

<@Hisako> Hisako paused at the stairs, observing them carefully. Stairs....she could make stairs. Closing her eyes, she stepped forwards: a rectangular, purple-red forcefield manifesting horizontally as a platform. She stepped up on it, repeating the process several times until she had stepped up six of them.

<@Hisako> The first disappeared, flickering back as the seventh. She looked down at the ground below, laughing triumphantly as she used the force-fields to wind her way upwards to the landing, where she hopped over the bannister and continued towards her room. Better and better every day.

<Cecilia> Cecilia lay on her bed, absorbed in a book, 'Fahrenheit 451,' for the afternoon. Feeling far less sore and in a much better mood after the Epsom salt bath and a good night's sleep.

<Cecilia> She looked up as someone approached the room. Hoping it was someone she actually wanted to see, but knowing her luck she was sure it wouldn't be.

<@Hisako> Letting herself in, Hisako didn't even acknowledge Cecilia was there, unwilling to go into anything that had occurred over the last few days. She stepped over to her bedside table slipping the pill bottle into her hand and swiftly down into a drawer beneath it.

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed Hisako's every move from the medication to the deliberate ignoring her, wondering if she should follow Mayday's advice to talk to the other girl. Part of her still felt like smashing in Hisako's face, especially after the stunt she'd pulled in the kitchen and the damage she'd done to Fabian's face.

<Cecilia> But she'd promised Fabian to let him handle his own problems and she'd meant it. As for Mayday's advice...well, it probably wouldn't hurt. Besides, she was supposed to be attempting to be understanding and not such a spaz all the time.

<Cecilia> "So...I heard you were having the hard time the other day," said Cecilia. "Fabian said you were crying." Between punching him in the face. "...Is something wrong?"

<@Hisako> At that, Hisako scoffed, "Almost as if you care, Reyes..." she said over her shoulder, not a hint of mirth nor malice in her words, "...so quick to judge me before, what changes, I wonder?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia had to bite down on her tongue hard to avoid saying something she'd surely regret. "...Someone better than I's perspective," she said, referring to Mayday. "I'm aware I might've been...a bit quick to accuse you the other day. If I offended you...then I'm sorry. Though in my defense I was startled," she added.

<@Hisako> "Everyone makes mistakes." Hisako responded, emotionless as before as she lifted her PS Vita from her side table, standing again.

<Cecilia> Well, that was very...non-specific. Cecilia was somewhat unsure if her apology had been accepted there, but she wasn't much on apologizing and if someone didn't take the first one she was not going to keep on apologizing. "Well, yes. And I made one the other day, if I'm correct in assuming you didn't mean to cut me," she continued.

<Cecilia> Now apologize to me too, dammit.

<@Hisako> Hisako shook her head, "I didn't. And I apologize." she stated, actually sounding somewhat apologetic (considering her apathetic tone). She approached the door to leave.

<Cecilia> "Well...thank you," said Cecilia. Okay, she was very spaced-out, unnervingly so, actually. "Where you off to today, then?"

<@Hisako> Stopping at the door, Hisako sighed under her breath, "Just relaxing. I've studied, and done classes, so I am taking a break." she explained, not really wanting to share much.

<Cecilia> Well fuck, this was awkward..."Sounds good..." Christ, she was not built for this subtle dance crap. "Look, I heard about what happened in the kitchen," she said, suddenly, but without anger.

<@Hisako> Hisako turned slowly, "....about it." she stated back, eyes appearing dark, almost empty.

<Cecilia> Cecilia was observant enough to notice the dark coloured eyes. "Yeah, don't worry, I'm not gonna yell at you or anything," she said, raising a hand. "I just wondered if...there was some reason behind it. Other than the obvious stuff like you were mad at my boyfriend or me or you were drunk."

<Cecilia> "Because I'm just...trying to understand how one goes from mad about losing sparring matches to caving in a guy's face," she said, frowning and sitting up.

<@Hisako> "I don't want to talk about it." Hisako responded, almost before Cecilia had finished speaking, "Excuse me." she turned, proceeding to leave.

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed, this was testing her patience. "Well, that's fine. It's not me you have to answer to or apologize to for that. But just to warn you? Fabian's gonna want a word with you. You really did a number on him. I'm not pleased."

<@Hisako> "Then I will apologize to him also." Hisako responded, "Is there anything else before I go..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed her. "No...there isn't." This was too easy. There was no way she was whipped, not yet. "Only that whatever's bothering you..." she sighed. "Just know that there are people here you can talk to. If not me or Fabian then someone else. There's a shrink here full time for a reason. You might think you're alone but you really aren't."

<Cecilia> "There is no monopoly on pain here, this house is full of broken people. It's not an excuse," she said simply. "Everyone here has survived something."

<@Hisako> There was a twinge of sadness in Hisako's eyes for a moment, making her look away. She stood at the door longer than she'd intended, snapping back to reality and fumbling for the door handle, "G-goodbye, Reyes-san." she managed before slipping out of the door and hurrying away.

<Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head and went back to her book. Well, if she didn't talk to her that was fine. She wasn't going to chase after her. She had her own problems. Besides, it wasn't as though it wouldn't come out eventually, this place had a talent for uprooting secrets, that was for sure.