1/29 Instance: Hi, Kettle; I'm Pot, and....

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/29 Instance: Hi, Kettle; I'm Pot, and....

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline.

<Jessica> "I can be there in... an hour?" Jess held her phone to her ear with the help of her shoulder while she gathered up her books from the rec room table. "Yeah... no, it's fine, I don't have anywhere else to be. See you in a while then..." She let the phone slide down onto the top of the pile of belongings and checked around for anything she might have left.

<@Eddie> The silence of the room was quickly defeated by Eddie Brock sliding in, jigging to the music blasting from the headphones around his neck; Mark Morrison's 'Return of the Mack' introducing his presence as he smiled up at Jessica, "Well, howdy-ho." he waved, "Oooh! N-no offence, just...like...meant hello. Erm...I have made this awkward. Oooh, boy..." he frowned.

<Jessica> Jess blinked at him, eyebrows raised. "It wasn't... but you ruined that with all your tripping over yourself. Want to try again?"

<@Eddie> "Yes." Eddie switched off his iPod, "Hello, Jessica. How are you today? Knuckles still sore(?)" he laughed a little, hopping over the arm-chair and jumping back into the seat.

<Jessica> "I'm fine... and I'm not sure why you're asking about my knuckles..." She frowned a little.

<@Eddie> Eddie furrowed his brow at her, "What, you don't remember beating Mayday black and blue? Her girlfriend does. And so do aaaaalll her friends." he shook his head, "I mean, I think she's kinda weird but come on; I wouldn't do that to her, Jessie..."

<Jessica> "I didn't beat her." Jess set her things down, having spied a fallen pen and bent to pick it up.

<@Eddie> "Hm-hmn..." Eddie dug out his phone, checking the time, "That would explain her sat in the medlab with a hairline fracture in her wrist, facial and bodilly bruising and a possible concussion, eh(?) What a fool I was to assume...." he shrugged.

<Jessica> "I never hit her." Jess clarified. "I might have thrown her and venom blasted her but I never hit her... and honestly, most of that session's a little fuzzy..."

<@Eddie> At that, he paused, glancing back up at her, "You...threw her? From how high? And by 'venom blast' do you mean that bio-electrical 'this, by rights, can be potentially lethal' projection skit?"

<Jessica> "I don't know how high up... it's the danger room... it's all fake..." she put the pen back on the table, "And yes, that's what the venom blasts are but, obviously, I didn't hit her with a lethal one."

<@Eddie> "No, but you dropped her mid-flight from 'not-even-you-know-how-high' in the air." Eddie sighed, "You should have been more careful, you could've killed her."

<Jessica> "What do you want me to say, Eddie?" She leaned against the table.

<@Eddie> "You need to apologize. And be more bloody careful." his look became somewhat more stern and serious, "Now I've no trouble with you, and I don't know, or care, for what others might. That said, you need to be more careful, Jess."

<Jessica> "No one tell you she gave as good as she got? I don't have to explain myself to you so watch your tone." She picked up her phone, putting it back in her pocket.

<@Eddie> Eddie smirked, shrugging, "And if you were in the medbay I'd be saying this to Parker herself. If I were you, I'd consider who you get bitchy with, in fairness. More to the point, there's a girl in hospital because you don't know how to pull your punches." his smirk faded as quickly as it had come on, "Consider that when you apologize."

<Jessica> "I know how." She picked up her books again, "I just didn't."

<@Eddie> "Well you fucking should've then, shouldn't you?" he shrugged again, "I accept if it was just a mistake, but the point is someone's hurt and its your fault. Least you could do is have the good grace to apologize."

<Jessica> "Where in any of this have I said I'm not going to apologise? I don't know why I reacted like that. Instinct, I guess," she shook her head. "It doesn't matter."

<@Eddie> Eddie raised a finger, "You also never said you intended to." he pointed out, "And no, it doesn't matter. Just promise you'll keep a leash on that 'instinct', alright? Better people than you have caused serious injuries here because they couldn't keep themselves in check."

<Jessica> "I don't have to check with you before I do anything! It's none of your bloody business." She drew herself up to her full height, "And you can cut the lecture crap too - I've heard it all before from better people than you."

<@Eddie> "What you gonna do, tazer me?" Eddie rolled his eyes, "I'm the fully-fledged X-er and police officer here, you little brat, so don't you tell me who I can and can't lecture, or I'll drag your ass into Xavier's office my damn self."

<Jessica> "If it was an issue, I'm pretty sure the staff would have tried it already. So don't think I'm going to care that a trainee police officer is getting all up on his high horse. Like you've never made a mistake. And if you so much as tried to drag me anywhere, I would venom blast you before you knew what was happening. Self defense."

<@Eddie> Eddie raised his hands, "Oooh, easy there, killer(!)" he sighed, "Whatever, Drew. I'm not gonna even bother with you. Yeah, I made similar mistakes, but I knew better than to whinge about it when people pulled me up for 'em." he stood, "I'ma leave you to it. Do as you please, but if this is your attitude when you fuck up? Don't expect any sympathy."

<Jessica> "Right now the only person's opinion that matters to me is May's. So you can go about your business and keep your nose out of other people's and I will go to work because I have people depending on me."

<@Eddie> "Angst, angst, angst...." rolling his eyes again, Eddie left her with a lazy salute, "Keep on diggin', kiddo."

<Jessica> "The only one making angst out of this is you, Edward..." Jess called after him. "Ass..." she muttered.