1/28 Instance: First Date

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/28 Instance: First Date

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Without a Trace

Paige: Paige eyed the pizza dough that she had in her hands, flattening it out onto the pan. She glanced over at Rachel, then back at the dough. She had to do it. She just had to. She carefully picked it up and tossed it into the air. "Hand tossed!"

Rachel: Rachel hadn't been sure this was a good idea to begin with because she had absolutely no cooking skills, and she was even less sure about it Paige throwing the pizza dough around. "I can't watch..."

Paige: "You have to! You'll miss it!" She caught the dough and went back to working it on the pan. "See!?"

Rachel: She opened one eye to peek and grinned widely when it didn't drop to the floor, glancing back to her own dough, "If you only knew how jealous I am that you can manage that..."

Paige: "Would you still be as impressed if I admit that I got lucky and that was the first time I've tried?"

Rachel: "Yes," Rachel nodded, "Because I wouldn't have tried."

Paige: Paige leaned over to catch a kiss from her. "Where's your sense of adventure?!"

Rachel: "I think I've used it all on you," she smirked and reached for a bit of flour, flicking it at Paige.

Paige: "But I'm not even that exciting! Eeeek!" Paige flicked some flour back at Rachel.

Rachel: Laughing, Rachel reached for some more as she replied, "That's what you think."

Paige: "How am I exciting?" Paige went for a kiss instead of more flour.

Rachel: After returning the kiss, she pulled away to give her a puzzled look, "How aren't you?"

Paige: "Well... I'm just... me. You're the sexy one with an amazing voice and musical talent."

Rachel: "Pfft." Despite the scoffing, Rachel blushed slightly and turned back to the pizza dough, "And, I like that you're just you."

Paige: Paige smiled again, blushing a bit. "I'm glad you like that." She watched Rachel for a moment, still smiling.

Rachel: "It's too bad I'm nowhere near as talented when it comes to making pizza," she muttered as she stretched the dough, pulling a face as it pulled apart in the center, forming a hole. At least the movie part of this date would be something she could manage.

Paige: Paige took the dough from Rachel, holding the hole up to her eye. "I spyyyy with my little eyeeeeees.... Sexy Rachel!"

Rachel: She simply shook her head. "You could stop staring at me and fix it."

Paige: That earned her a giggle. Paige handed Rachel her own dough, setting out to fix Rachel's. "You're so cute when you get flustered."

Rachel: Since Paige's was pretty much done, Rachel went to wash all the crap off her hands to get a start on sauce. "Only you would think that."

Paige: "Well I hope so... I don't want anyone wisking you away!"

Rachel: "I'm sure they'd give me back because I don't think anyone else could put up with me," she shot her a smirk as she considered the sauce. Right, nothing hard about dumping it on and spreading it with a spoon. She could manage that.

Paige: "They better." Paige smiled at Rachel, fixing the damage on the dough. "It should work this time."

Rachel: "Should being the key word there." So, sauce was done, which meant it was time for cheese... or toppings... Decisions.

Paige: "I'll maaaaaaaake it work!" Paige shot her a grin, stretching out the dough.

Rachel: Rachel returned the grin, "What do you want on yours?"

Paige: "Cheeeeeeeeeese! Lots of Cheeeeeeeese."

Rachel: "I should've known that."

Paige: "You should." Paige giggled at her, smiling happily. She got lost there for a moment before going back to the dough.

Rachel: Rachel leaned over to snag the bag of cheese, kissing Paige's cheek as she did so. Then, she debated whether using almost an entire bag of cheese for one pizza was a bad thing. ...Nope. There was never too much cheese.

Paige: Paige started a bit as she realized that she was staring again. "What kind do you want?"

Rachel: "Pepperoni's fine," she shrugged as she warily eyed the oven. The oven and her did not get along.

Paige: "Mmmm can I have some of yours too?" Paige spread the sauce onto the pizza like a pro.

Rachel: Rachel hesitantly put the pan in the oven, brow furrowed as she closed the door. This wouldn't explode, right? No, it shouldn't because Paige actually knew how to cook, unlike her and Fabian. "Of course."

Paige: She stole yet another kiss. "Thank you!" Paige smiled happily, putting the final touches on Rachel's pizza.

Rachel: She nodded, "Did you want to get a start on a movie while they cook or wait?"

Paige: "At long as we take a timer with us it should be fine. I don't want to get distracted..."

Rachel: "Then, you should be in charge of the timer," Rachel decided. "You should be in charge of it anyway because I'd probably burn them, distractions aside."

Paige: "I can do that! And you won't burn them. I won't let you." Paige grabbed Rachel's hand and the timer.

Rachel: Rachel allowed herself to be led with a smile, "Then, it'll be... like, my only success when it comes to cooking..."

Paige: "I will have to ensure you have more victories over the kitchen then." Paige squeezed her hand.

Rachel: "We'll see about that," she muttered as she pulled her to the rec room, releasing her hand to go put the movie in.

Paige: Paige plopped herself down onto the sofa, getting her blanket ready. She set the timer down on the end table, then got settled.

Rachel: Rachel made sure she had the right remote before flopping down next to Paige, leaning against her. Hopefully, this one wouldn't result in nightmares.

Paige: Paige snuggled into Rachel, sharing her blanket with her. "What are we watching?"

Rachel: "Coraline," she answered as she got situated with the blanket, pressing the menu button until it let her skip to the menu to play the movie.

Paige: "Ohhhh that's a cartoon isn't it?!" Paige nuzzled Rachel a bit, kissing her cheek.

Rachel: "Yep," Rachel turned her head to catch her lips, mumbling against them, "I figured it'd be better than another horror movie."

Paige: "Much better," Paige mumbled back, returning the kiss for a moment.

Rachel: She pulled away to actually pay attention to the beginning of the movie, glancing over to Paige every so often.

Paige: Paige stayed curled up to Rachel, fully enjoying the first part of the movie.

Rachel: Startling at the timer, Rachel pulled a face and reached for the remote to pause the movie, glancing over to Paige. She didn't want to get up. "We should've just waited until the pizza was done."

Paige: Paige stole a kiss. "But this way, I get to serve you 'dinner in bed.'" She teased, getting up to get the pizza.

Rachel: "Well, if I'd known you wanted to do that, we could've just gone to bed," Rachel called after her with a smirk.

Paige: "Where't the fun in that!" She called back, peeking her head back in. "You have to at least get me dinner first." She giggled, hurrying to the pizza.

Rachel: "I just did," she pointed out, "But we can go out to dinner tomorrow. I hadn't actually planned anything yet."

Paige: Paige came back with their two plates and napkins. "You diiiiiid! And a delicious dinner it will be! I hope so at least."

Rachel: Rachel reached to take her plate, "I hope so too."

Paige: After curling up next to her girlfriend again, Paige kissed Rachel's cheek. "Now we don't have to get up again."

Rachel: She balanced the plate and reached for the remote again, grinning, "You don't. I didn't get up anyway."

Paige: "So next time it's your turn," Paige reasoned, shooting Rachel a grin.

Rachel: "I suppose that's fair," Rachel sighed.

Paige: "Hooray! So where were we..." Paige took a bite of her pizza.

Rachel: "Luckily, not even to a good part yet," Rachel replied as she hit play, setting the remote aside to try a bite of her slice. Huh... The pizza was actually fine.

Paige: Paige snuck a bite from Rachel's slice. "Mmm!"

Rachel: She shot her a look, the fact that she was trying to finish a bite keeping her from protesting. Instead, she pouted.

Paige: Paige pouted back at her, offering up her own pizza.

Rachel: She leaned over to try a bite, speaking once she was done with it, "When you asked if I'd share, I didn't think you meant from the piece I was eating."

Paige: "It was handy!"

Rachel: Rachel heaved a melodramatic sigh, "I hate sharing."

Paige: "Even if it gets you this?" Paige kissed her softly.

Rachel: After a moment of consideration and another bite of pizza, she gave a shrug, "Might need more convincing than that."

Paige: Paige set both of their plates down. She moved onto Rachel's lap and pressed a passionate kiss onto her lips.

Rachel: While she'd been about to protest the continued pizza theft, Rachel couldn't say she had any complaints with Paige kissing her like that. She slipped her arms around her and hoped nobody interrupted. She'd hate to have to turn their first date into hiding a body instead of not actually watching movies.

Paige: Deepening the kiss, Paige ran her fingers through Rachel's hair gently. As she felt the arms encircle her, she slid a bit closer to Rachel, wanting as close as possible.

Rachel: Closing her eyes as she returned the kiss, Rachel leaned back into the cushions of the couch and pulled her closer, enjoying the feeling of her fingers in her hair.

Paige: Paige felt brave. She let her fingers roam from Rachel's neck to the top of her chest. She wasn't sure if she was allowed lower. Was she? She moved her hand to Rachel's arm instead, chickening out.

Rachel: She shuddered at Paige's fingers running over her skin and broke the kiss, hesitantly leaning in to kiss along her jaw. This was something she could handle, so she wasn't entirely sure why she felt so nervous. The conversation with Rogue at lunch vaguely occurred to her, but she was pretty sure she was nowhere near grossed out.

Paige: Feeling bold and blushing at the same time, Paige tilted her head to give Rachel more room. She was somewhat aware of how red her face likely was, but she didn't care. She ran her fingertips up Rachel's arm lightly.

Rachel: After a glance, Rachel could see exactly how red Paige's face was and wondered if it could get any worse, sharply inhaling as Paige's fingers made their way back up her arms. Deciding the challenge was accepted and shoving her nerves aside, she worked her way to her neck and slid a hand down to her leg, the other one making its way up her side.

Paige: As surprised as Rachel was at being able to blush more, Paige managed it. She let out a shaky breath. She moved one hand to Rachel's hair, stroking it gently while the one let just her fingertips go under the edge of Rachel's shirt.

Rachel: Looking to Paige's face again, Rachel grinned slightly against her neck and slipped her hand under the other girl's shirt since that seemed to be fair game now. Though, she simply let her hand rest against her side because she wasn't quite sure where to go from there.

Paige: Fresh out of boldness, Paige broke the kiss finally, resting her head gently against Rachel's. "Why did we bother with a movie?" She ran the rest of her hand up Rachel's shirt, also stopping at her side.

Rachel: Rachel was glad the tattoo along her side had healed, though she wasn't sure how she felt about being expected to answer questions at the moment. "...Because."

Paige: She kissed Rachel's collarbone, leaving a trail along Rachel's neck and exposed skin in that area. "This is better."

Rachel: "Much better," Rachel breathed, removing her hand from Paige's leg to run her fingers through her hair as she tilted her head. Her shirt was becoming a problem, but they were in the rec room... She murmured, "Told you we should've stayed in bed."

Paige: "I-i-it's not too late," Paige whispered to her.

Rachel: Shit, the anxiety was back. What did she say to that? Did she want to? Yes... but, then, there was the freaking out because she had no idea how this worked. She could feel her face flushing as she tried to work up words, pulling back slightly to study Paige's face, "Are you s-sure?"

Paige: "I... don't know." Paige admitted after a moment. "This is all just so new. I don't know how any of this works. Except that I like being with you. I do know that."

Rachel: Rachel let out a sigh of relief, relaxing a bit as she nodded, offering a slight smile, "I know that feeling..."

Paige: "So... what do we do?" Paige stroked Rachel's cheek gently.

Rachel: "Well... I guess there's a movie to watch, or we could go to bed..."

Paige: "I... welll.... um..." Paige's face went bright red again.

Rachel: At this point, she was sure her face matched Paige's as she pointed out, "We, um... We don't, uh, necessarily have to, um... y'know..." She was also sure she couldn't have ended that any more lamely.

Paige: "But.... other stuff?"

Rachel: She simply shrugged.

Paige: "Or... finish the movie first?" Paige smiled a bit.

Rachel: Rachel managed a smirk in return, "If you can keep your lips and hands off me long enough to..."

Paige: "Doubtful." Paige gave her a happy grin.

Rachel: "Then, why waste our time with the movie?"

Paige: Paige was a deep shade of red again. She slid off of Rachel's lap, offering her hand.

Rachel: Rachel took her hand and started for the bedroom. She could clean up the kitchen and the rec room later.

Paige: Once up at her room, Paige wasn't quite sure what the next step was. She glanced over at Rachel, hoping she had a better idea.

Rachel: Having far better ideas than standing and staring at each other, Rachel reached up to cup her cheek as she caught her lips for another kiss, directing her toward the bed. After they were in bed was going to be the problem...

Paige: Face bright red, Paige let Rachel guide her as she returned the kiss. She only broke the kiss when she fell back onto the bed.

Rachel: Biting down on her lip, Rachel decided it didn't particularly matter because Paige had seen her topless more than once and peeled her shirt off, tossing it to the floor. Plus, she hoped the look on Paige's face would be worth it as she moved over top of her, catching her lips again.

Paige: Paige's eyes did get big as she stared at Rachel's chest, finally allowed to. She nervously returned the kiss. One hand went back to Rachel's hair while the other slid up her side to the exposed breasts. She was very aware that her face was turning bright red again despite the kissing.

Rachel: Rachel pulled herself away from Paige's lips to kiss at her neck, pausing at the feeling of Paige's hand traveling up her side. She was pretty sure her face was changing shades now as well and swallowed. It wasn't bad. It was just different, which was to be expected because... Well, it wasn't Josh. And, she was probably a horrible person for just thinking that.

Paige: Paige smiled a bit at the kisses, but her gaze caught where her hand was. She blushed even more, but was distracted by Rachel's kisses. She looked over at Rachel's face again, stroking her cheek gently. "You're so beautiful."

Rachel: Kissing up to her ear, she smiled slightly against Paige's skin, murmuring, "So are you..."

Paige: She smiled and sat up enough to pull her own shirt off, watching Rachel's face carefully.

Rachel: Rachel blew out a breath as her gaze wandered over Paige's body. Apparently, it was possible to feel even more nervous.

Paige: A hand went up to cup Rachel's cheek, stroking it gently. "Just... just kisses now?"

Rachel: "Yeah..." she slowly nodded.

Paige: Paige let out a sigh of relief, catching Rachel in a kiss. Kissing was good. Kissing she could do. Kissing and groping at least.

Rachel: Rachel was fairly confident in her ability to handle both those things and rolled them, deciding she preferred Paige on top, as she returned the kiss, running her hands down Paige's back. This had to be one of the best first dates ever.