1/28 Instance: Fix Me Up, Buttercup

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/28 Instance: Fix Me Up, Buttercup

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after The Most Dangerous Game

Cecilia: Cecilia winced as she sat down in the chair in the medlab, she hadn't even bothered to change out of her uniform yet. She just came straight to the medlab. "Those shocks hurt like hell, I've taken them before, I hope she's alright..." she said to John, looking concerned at Mayday's unconscious form.

Johnny: Johnny had sat himself in a chair next to Mayday's bedside, feeling far more worn now that the adrenaline had passed. However, he was glad for Cecilia's company as he also eyed May, "I know what you mean. Hope got me with one."

Cecilia: "Why?!" Exclaimed Cecilia, horrified. "Why would she do that?!"

Johnny: "Just a bit of a shock," he shrugged it off, heaving a sigh, "It didn't have anywhere near the power the one Jess hit May with."

Cecilia: Cecilia eyed Mayday. "This is the third time she's been down here since I got here....Goddamn," she said, rubbing her eyes. "I don't know how I go through this kind of thing all the time..."

Johnny: Johnny let his head fall back to rest against the chair, staring up at the ceiling, "Me neither sometimes..."

Mayday: ".....w's...s'thm...?", Mayday twitched, blinking a little as her eyes adjusted to her surroundings. She rolled her head to one side, "...heeey, Johnny...", she smiled lucidly, "...d-did we win?"

Cecilia: Cecilia straightened up. "Mayday, thank fuck...No, we didn't."

Johnny: "Hey," he said softly, pulling his head up to return the smile. "Sadly, no."

Mayday: Mayday frowned a little, wincing at the bruising beneath her left eye, "O-ow...well that sucks...", she pushed herself up, shrieking suddenly and lifting her left hand, "Jesus Christ!!!", she gripped her wrist, blinking at the bandage around it, "...Oh, no! I-is it broken!?", she looked up at Cecilia.

Cecilia: Cecilia flinched hard at the scream, wincing as her muscles protested. "...No," she said. "Bad sprain, it seems. But you fought with Jess almost the entire time...you weren't going to walk away from that without a lot of bruises. I train with her now, I'd know."

Johnny: "That shouldn't even matter. She shouldn't have been that hard on her," he grumbled.

Mayday: "I-I remember being shocked. It er....it really stung.", Mayday rubbed her wrist, being careful not to move her hand, "I don't remember anything afterwards, but if this pounding headache is any indication I probably fell on something as stubborn as I am..."

Cecilia: "You landed face first in the dirt," said Cecilia, frowning. "I saw you go down but I couldn't get to you until Kat and Jess had finished with me. I dragged my invalid ass over after that."

Johnny: "I was trying to hold off Hope, but I guess I should've stuck with you two. I feel like I could've helped," he sighed, shifting in his seat, "I carried you down here after they won."

Mayday: Shaking her head, Mayday put her good hand on Johnny's, "Hey, it's no big deal; I probably could've done better.", she tensed her stomach slightly, "A-and maybe Jess can pull her punches next time. I'm not gonna be able to teat for a week...", she rubbed her stomach with her left forearm, "But yeah, we did our best, so whatever. The important part is that we were all good sports!"

Cecilia: "Speak for yourself," snorted Cecilia, remembering John's 'I Hate You All' back in the DR. "Hope might be on the couch tonight, John was pretty sore."

Cecilia: "As for Jess pulling her punches, well, don't expect that anytime soon. Don't expect that from anyone, you saw what Hisako did to me," she said, frowning. "The problem isn't them, it's us. Unlike most people here the three of us have lived relatively normal lives with no assassin training or crazy shit like that."

Mayday: "You know, you're gonna have to talk her eventually, Cee-Cee...", Mayday shrugged, "S-she doesn't strike me as the kind who'd deliberately hurt someone. Or the kind who'd be upset for no reason...", she sat back, cringing at the shooting pains from all her bruises, "As for Jess....'owch', I guess. Why did she think throwing me through a forest, and then dropping me unconscious mid-flight was ok?"

Cecilia: "...Maybe," said Cecilia eventually. "When I'm sure I can talk to her without hitting her." At the rate things were going though that'd be a little while, especially if she was Fabian's mystery attacker. Cecilia hadn't had the chance to ask yet, but she had an awful feeling she knew who did that to his face.

Johnny: "Because she didn't think," Johnny answered with a roll of his eyes. He leaned forward in his seat and heaved a sigh, "Hope won't be on the couch tonight. As much as I hate losing, I can get over it. I think I'm more annoyed that we even have to be sitting here right now. It's just... ridiculous to think that kind of force is necessary."

Mayday: Mayday smiled a little weakly at Johnny, "It's not your fault.", she assured him, frowning at her wrist, "...I-I really hope this gets better though: I have to finish Sue's outfit for the Renaissance Festival.", she looked up at Cecilia, "T-this'll get better in a week, right?", she sounded hopeful.

Cecilia: Cecilia hesitated, "Maybe, if you don't mess with it." It would probably be functional. But fully recovered? Cecilia's estimate was a little longer than one week, closer to two really. "What's a Renaissance Festival?" She asked.

Cecilia: Cecilia looked at Johnny. "I think people get very carried away here when it comes to sparring. I get that we're trying to practice in as realistic environment as possible, but there's no need to be so rough with teammates. And really? If we're going for the 'in a real fight' argument? I could've killed everyone in that room with a thought. One forcefield right down the middle and it'd be over. Not sayin' I would just sayin' in general," she clarified.

Johnny: "Only the most awesome excuse to run around dressed up as a knight," Johnny answered, glancing from May to Cecilia, nodding, "Well, yeah... I mean, I could've done a lot of things to take everyone out, but I try not to. Just because I can doesn't mean I should."

Johnny: After a moment, he started again, "You guys know that kid that runs around calling himself Doom? I melted his mask to his face. By accident. I don't even like him, but I still don't want to do something like that to anyone... especially not people I consider friends and teammates."

Mayday: Raising her good hand over her mouth, Mayday cringed, "Oh, God, seriously? I-I....oh, Jesus...the kid from the bank thing the other year?", she scratched the back of her head, "W-well, when you put it like that I guess so. But....d-d'you think Jess just doesn't like me? I mean, I-I only hit her harder because she did, I...the drop and stuff...", she looked down at her damaged hand, "...it really hurts."

Cecilia: Cecilia winced. "No, never heard of him till now...but that's fucking awful. Burns are terrible to deal with and they cause constant pain for the victim...the skin tightens overtime...and I'm not making you feel better about this so I'll just shut-up." Stupid!

Cecilia: Truthfully, the guy was lucky to be alive. Burn wounds could easily get infected and if the infection hit the bloodstream...it was game over. "No, I don't think so," she said to Mayday. "If she had it out for you, you'd be a smear on the ground. You saw me after she'd finished with me after Thanksgiving. She was pissed at me then."

Cecilia: "...There'll be painkillers for that," she said. "Don't worry now."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "Y-yeah, that's true...", she all but whispered, "...still I wish she'd have not med-bay'd me...I feel kinda useless.", she frowned a little bit.

Cecilia: Cecilia snorted. "You're hardly useless, you put the tracer on Rachel last semester that helped us track her and Apocalypse down, you might've saved Fabian's life in the same fight, you rescued our people from Traskland while I was floored and you stood up to a Horseman before I even got here. You're not useless."

Cecilia: "Though, I understand the feeling. I'm often redundant in the field," she noted. "Both Hope and Sue use their powers better than I do or are more versatile." She shrugged. "Just have to find your niche and stick to it. S'why I'm going for medic."

Johnny: "That dart you stuck Jess with was brilliant on top of all that other stuff, so I'm going to agree on the not useless front," Johnny shot her a grin.

Mayday: "I figured my tech might work better than my one-handed skill.", Mayday smiled shyly, "Thanks, I appreciate it. Just...maybe that should be my thing? I-I mean, gadgets are kinda my gimmick.", she pondered, "I mean, yeah, it was a last-ditch thing, but it was the only idea I could come up with..."

Cecilia: "Maybe," said Cecilia, shrugging. "Keep in mind powers aren't more valuable just because they're useful in combat."

Cecilia: She turned to John. "Are you gonna talk to anyone on the other team?" She hoped not. That seemed like a waste of time to her.

Johnny: "Well, I kind of have to talk to my girlfriend," he pointed out, shaking his head, "As for about this whole thing... I don't know. Probably not unless it's brought up."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "I-I don't wanna start a big thing, I just...w-well, I really don't wanna screw up the Ren-Fair, I was so excited to make Sue's outfit and...", she sighed, pouting at her hand, "...I-I'm meant to see my Dad there!"

Cecilia: Cecilia looked even more confused at this. "Wait...so you're meeting your dad at a Renaissance Fair?" Was that generally what white people and their parents did for family bonding time? She had no fucking clue. She only had Fabian's family to go by and somehow she didn't think they were quite normal..."Well, that's great!" She smiled. "Uh, gives you something to do together, right? At least there won't be a lull in the conversation."

Johnny: "I'm sure Sue will understand and could probably help. I mean, I know she can be a pain in the ass, but she's not completely unreasonable..." Johnny put in.

Cecilia: "Ohhh right!" Said Cecilia, slapping her forehead. "I keep forgetting you two are siblings!"

Johnny: "Probably for the best," he joked, grinning widely.

Mayday: "Hey! I'm in love with that 'pain in the ass'!", Mayday poked Johnny's arm, "She's great, albeit a little touchy about Hope. For good reason though. I-I guess they both have good reasons, kinda...", her brow furrowed, "And I guess she can help but I was really hoping I could finish it myself..."

Cecilia: "I think Hope has a good reason as well," remarked Cecilia. "Judging from that Youtube video of her on the river in her nightgown." Cecilia suppressed her snigger very poorly there. She had favourited that video.

Johnny: Johnny didn't do much better at covering his laughter. "That was pretty fantastic... Yeah, I know she's really not that bad with the exception of Hope, freaking out to me about you two, and general older sibling things."

Cecilia: "Well, if you need another pair of hands then don't be afraid to ask," said Cecilia, smirking at Mayday. "I don't know what this fair thing is you're talking about but I do know how to sew and I have very steady hands."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "Yeah...I appreciate it. T-to both of you.", she smiled a little at them, wincing again at her bruises, "C-can you do me a couple of favours though?"

Cecilia: "Depends on the favour," said Cecilia, smirking. "You can always ask."

Mayday: "Just....c-can you guys send Sue down here? I want to make sure she knows what happened so she doesn't freak out. Aaaand I'd better make sure my new job knows about this..", Mayday groaned, "Oh, a-and Johnny?"

Johnny: "That sounds easy enough. I think we can manage that between the two of us," Johnny nodded, looking over to her at his name, "Yeah?"

Mayday: "I-I know it's probably not my place but...can you try and fix things with Sue and Hope?", she sighed, "It's just that, I've been meaning to ask for a while and since I'm here..."

Johnny: He gave her a smile, "I promise I'll try my best because it'd make my life easier too."

Cecilia: "I'll take the work place," volunteered Cecilia, not looking forward to breaking medical news to Sue, especially after last time. Cecilia frowned at the next thing, "Don't get your hopes up too high there, May. Sometimes in-laws just won't get along no matter what." She said, thinking of Esteban. Like fuck they'd ever get along.

Mayday: Mayday raised her hand to Cecilia, "J-just tell them I got....er...beaten up, I can still work!", she looked desperate to make that point, "I need this job, it's my life's dream, Cecilia, please?"

Cecilia: "I'll tell them you'll be right back and you can still work, just one-handed," she said, reassuring her. "But I think telling them you got beat up might be suspicious. I'll just say it was a rough volleyball game or something. I'll fill you in so you know what to say, so don't worry."

Mayday: "O-ok...thanks, Cee.", Mayday settled back on the bed, sighing, "Ugh...my head is killng me so bad..."

Johnny: "Well, I'll go get Sue. She might be able to help with that," Johnny gave a smirk as he stood, stretching. Well, he'd go get Sue after he changed out of his uniform and showered. Then, he'd go find Hope.

Cecilia: "I'll call as soon as I'm upstairs," said Cecilia. "Then I'm gonna shower and find Fabian, either he's slept through this training session or wasn't given the all clear to come, either way I'll check on him." She frowned at Mayday's compliant of a headache, "Concussion, possibly. You fell some distance, McCoy'll probably be waking you up every hour. Sorry, there's little we can do for that except painkillers."

Mayday: With another sigh, Mayday nodded, "Yeah....'k. If it's alright, I'd like to get a little rest now.", she gently stroked her damaged hand, looking more than a bit upset.

Cecilia: Cecilia patted Mayday's shoulder gently. "You'll feel better after a nap. Really, things always feel the shittiest when you first wake up. You'll be on your feet faster than you think. You'll see."

Johnny: Moving his chair back to where it belonged, he shot her a sympathetic look as he headed for the door, waving, "Feel better, May."

Cecilia: Cecilia stood up, following John out. "I'll see you later, May. Take care of yourself."