1/26 Instance: Worse Distractions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/26 Instance: Worse Distractions

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Jenga

Rachel: Rachel stood on the sidewalk outside the comic shop, staring up at the sign that read 'Big Time Comics'. So, this was the place... She dropped the cigarette to the ground, smothering it with the toe of her shoe, and headed into the store, pulling the hat from her head as she scanned the place for Mayday.

Mayday: "Oh, my GOD, how are we even having this conversation!?", her voice laughed over the music in the store as she talked with her co-worker, "Mordekaiser would destroy the ABC Warriors, you must be out of your mind!"

Rachel: And, there was Mayday. She made her way through the shelves, pausing to glance over a few things before she reminded herself that she wasn't exactly here to buy anything. "Hey, May?"

Mayday: Mayday spun around at the voice, letting out an excited squeal as she slipped around the counter and hugged her, "Rachel!", she exclaimed, giving the other girl a squeeze, "Ooooh, I'm so happy to see you!!!"

Rachel: Rachel laughed at the squealing and returned the hug, "I'm happy I managed to find the place. How's it going?"

Mayday: "I work in the comic book store I spent my childhood in, how could I be any better!?", Mayday clapped, "I am soooo happy! Bilbo is really nice once you get past his gruff exterior, and the other people here are really nice too!", she scratched her head, "I-I said 'nice' too much then, huh?"

Rachel: "Of course not. Nice is awesome," Rachel shook her head, grinning. "It's really awesome to have a job that's nice."

Mayday: Giving her a quizzical look, Mayday nodded, "Yyyes, it is....?", she raised an eyebrow, "Erm...y-you're giving off a vibe that's not the reason you're here...", she frowned a little, "...i-is everything ok?"

Rachel: "Well, I did come to see you for a reason, and everything's mostly fine," she answered, pushing a hand through her hair. She momentarily debated how to say things and decided the best way was to just spit it out, "I made out with Paige."

Mayday: "Oh, my gosh, that's so great!", Mayday giggled, "I-I'm so happy for you! What happened then? D-did you two...do anything else?"

Rachel: "No, nothing... I don't even..." she trailed off, deciding to just move on, "She broke up with her boyfriend, we talked, Bobby didn't take it very well..."

Mayday: "Ooookay?", Mayday scratched her head, "Not really seeing what this has to do with Bobby....", she frowned, "B-but are you both together or....?"

Rachel: "I guess? I mean, we haven't really gone on any dates or anything..." she shrugged, "And he walked in on us kissing earlier... I still sort of want to die."

Mayday: Mayday made an awkward face, "Yeowch....", she breathed, looking back at her co-worker, who was flicking through an issue of 2000AD, "Er...d-d'you wanna talk or something? We can go out the back if you want."

Rachel: Rachel glanced between the two, biting down on her lip. "If you have the time?"

Mayday: "Sure.", she nodded, offering Rachel her hand.

Rachel: She took the offered hand and allowed herself to be led out to the back, pulling her hat back on with her free hand as she stated, "I don't even know where to begin."

Mayday: Once they arrived at the back door, Mayday opened it, sitting on the step and patting it so that Rachel could do the same, "Well, start at what happened the day after the music room with me?"

Rachel: "We kinda had another spat, so I promised her I'd sing to her the next day. When I did, we were so close to kissing... and that bastard, Phil, ruined it. When she got home, she admitted to liking me..."

Mayday: Mayday smiled, rubbing her hands together, "That's so sweet! What happened then?"

Rachel: "She broke up with him, we've been hanging out... Then, there's the part with Bobby," she sighed. "I didn't really know what to say, and him and Paige got into it... They both stormed out."

Mayday: "I still don't get how literally anything you said has a thing to do with him!", Mayday looked completely puzzled, "I-I mean, it's weird that Paige - after pretty much being a homophobe - has decided she likes you, but....well, what's his problem? He has Lorna. And Jess, if the rumours are true...", she sniggered.

Mayday: "They're probably not...then again, the rumours about you and Paige...", she trailed off a little.

Rachel: "He's just... shocked. We're two of his best friends, and this is sort of a big thing... So, I can get it. Also, thankfully, he's not involved with Jess like that at all... If he was, I would've killed one of them." She wasn't someone that should be mentioning killing people, but whatever. "As for Paige, she's not a homophobe."

Mayday: Mayday sighed, "Could've fooled me...", she mumbled, "Alright, fine. Ok. But as for Bobby? I think he needs to just put things into perspective; it's not about him, so he needs to calm down. Weeny bit 'O.T.T', I think.", she shrugged, "But hey, I'm just a trainee comic-book clerk. What do I know?", she grinned.

Rachel: "Probably a whole lot more than I do," Rachel answered with a grin. "And, I'm sure he'll calm down. I just... don't know what he'll think after that."

Mayday: "Well, look, I wouldn't worry about it - if Paige said she likes you she likes you.", she smiled, nudging the other girl, "So relax, ok? Bobby needs to get a grip - when he calms down, it'll be fine.",

Rachel: "You're right," Rachel nodded, glancing over to May and offering up a smile of her own, "Thanks. For everything, that is."

Mayday: Mayday shook her head, "Hey, you have nothing to thank me for, m'kay?", she put a hand on Rachel's shoulder, "What are friends for, right?"

Rachel: "Well..." she started, deciding to hell with how she felt about hugs and pulling Mayday into one, "Comic book clerk trainee friends are totally for showing their friends whether there's anything really, really awesome with Darth Vader in the store. ...And, possibly, Han Solo."

Mayday: Blushing, Mayday hugged her back, "Long as you remember that jerk Solo shot first.", she laughed a little, patting Rachel's back, "I'm always here if you need someone."

Rachel: "Everyone should know he shot first. It should be a crime not to," she replied as she released her, getting to her feet. After a moment, she added, "Same, by the way. If you ever need anything."

Mayday: "Yep.", Mayday stood up, giving Rachel a little salute, "Awesomeness.", she grinned, leading Rachel back inside, "Coming back?"

Rachel: Rachel followed her and nodded, "I'm sure I can find something that interests me enough to keep coming back... At the very least, I can show up to bother you."

Mayday: "There are worse distractions.", Mayday shrugged, waving to her co-worker when she came back in and gesturing back behind the counter to Rachel, "If you want a suggestion for a comic, you should buy the TPB of Kick-Ass 2. It's awesome."

Rachel: "You say that now..." she smirked as she considered the suggestion, shrugging herself, "I'll check it out."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, slouching on the counter again and going back to her doodles, "So, if that's everything, go and get your girlfriend happy again!"

Rachel: Rachel eyed the doodles, fairly sure she was grinning stupidly at the word girlfriend. Her and Paige hadn't really clarified if that's what they were, but she figured they may as well be girlfriends. "I'm going, I'm going..."