1/25 Instance: Gaijin

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/25 Instance: Gaijin

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Along Came A Spider

<@Hisako> Hisako stepped into Vitos, cringing at the smell as she had the week before and approaching the bar. She knew the looks she was getting outside wouldn't be as bad in this particular bar, however; mutant-friendly places seemed somehow accepting of alternative appearance.

<@Hisako> However, few even within the bar expected a raven haired Japanese girl with a long, thin tube slung over her shoulder to appear that night. Sitting on a stool, she slipped the tube off of her shoulder and held it by its strap under the bar, waving over an employee, "A Cola." she requested with a small, unhomely smile.

<@Hisako> The barkeeper nodded to her, preparing her drink as she looked around. He had to be here. She was sure of it.

<Quentin> After clearing out from his visit with Cecilia after the rally Quentin definitely did need a drink and a chance to warm up before he made his way back to the others. He shuffled into the place, kicking off the snow that had started to stick to his boots as he glanced around. It looked like the usual crowd from what he could tell.

<Quentin> Making his way up to the bar, Quentin dug into the funds that he had earned earlier that day. "Whiskey."

<@Hisako> Thanking the bartender who served her, Hisako paid for her drink, accepting the change and sipping timidly from the glass. She rested it on the table, looking down the bar and spotting Quentin, trying to hide the surprise from her face.

<Quentin> Mm, that did help warm things up. He felt eyes on him though and glanced on up the bar and seeing a familiar face. "Hey, Hisako, right?"

<@Hisako> The Japanese girl nodded, the side of her lip curling slightly, "And you are Quentin." she responded, sipping her drink some more, "You remember me, Gaijin?"

<Quentin> "I wasn't quite black out drunk so yeah, I remember that much. Don't worry, this one's only for some warmth." He held up his glass.

<@Hisako> Hisako nodded, sipping her cola again, but remaining awkwardly silent. She gave the tube at her feet a gentle kick to remind herself it was still there if she needed it before glancing at Quentin, "...so, you...come here often." she said, moreso than asked. The small talk carried an obviously forced weight.

<Quentin> "It's a stop in, stays open late so when I have money it's some place to be." He shrugged, swinging around on his stool so he was facing her to talk to her better. "You?"

<@Hisako> Remaining turned towards the bar, Hisako shrugged, weighing up how to answer: "I...need time alone from friends. Misunderstanding happens and I hurt someone."

<Quentin> "And you're sitting in a bar drinking coke? That doesn't sound like much of a time to me."

<@Hisako> Hisako exhaled a dry laugh, smile teasing at the edge of her mouth; he was right. She glanced to him, "So what would you do as me, Gaijin?"

<Quentin> "Fuck it or fix it. If things are worth fixing I fix it and if they're not why bother?"

<@Hisako> That earned a laugh from her. She raised her glass in agreement, "Good thinking." she affirmed with a genuine smile on her face, "You are not all bad I suppose, Gaijin."

<Quentin> "Course I'm not, join you?" He held his hand out at the seat near her.

<@Hisako> Hesitating, Hisako looked down at it. She glanced back at him, shrugging and nodding, "Yes." she sipped her drink again, taking a deep breath.

<Quentin> He slid into the chair easily. Another isolated person in the group he wanted to slip into, perfect. "So, what'd you fuck up?"

<@Hisako> "A person." Hisako answered shortly, following another sip of her drink, "I had a spar with the girl Cecilia Reyes, that you....'spoke' to." she sighed, "I accidentally hurt her, I did not know she was down and I did not think my power was so dangerous." she frowned, "I didn't mean to hurt her."

<Quentin> "Yeah, I know her, saw her at the rally, too. She's not dead so I think you're making a big deal out of shit."

<@Hisako> Shaking her head, Hisako looked at him, "She was the one who makes a big deal of it: I apologized, what else can I do? I get beaten in fights all the time because my power isn't good enough, and when it is, I hurt someone without meaning to!" she sighed again, looking away, "Maybe you can't understand."

<Quentin> "Oh yeah, because I'm good enough for lots." He snorted. Of course, he was good enough for everything but that wouldn't earn him any trust here. "Then fuck it, it'll be okay or it won't. All in all who cares? So why's your power not good enough?"

<@Hisako> "It's weak. And I can't control it easily." Hisako explained, "It was getting better, but I need to be able to beat Clarice. I need to be able to defeat anyone." her eyes darkened as she thought about the first fight with Clarice so many days ago, "I need more power." her grip against the glass in her hand tightened, a glint of amber apparent in her eyes.

<Quentin> ...Bitch was crazy but Quentin also had a way for her to get what she wanted. "You know Kick?"

<@Hisako> Hisako glanced at him, "Maybe that's why I'm here."

<Quentin> He couldn't help the smirk that was forming on his face. "Ah, so you've been waiting for me all this time, have you?"

<@Hisako> "You say you are psychic, Gaijin." she replied, smirking back.

<Quentin> "I all ready got in shit for sticking my mind where it didn't belong around you people." And now he just kept his mouth shut about when he did it.

<Quentin> "So, you want to do this here?"

<@Hisako> Looking around, Hisako shook her head, finishing her drink and gesturing for the door, "Outside?"

<Quentin> He nodded, kicking his drink back and standing up.

<@Hisako> Following Quentin, Hisako re-adjusted the tube's strap and threw it over her shoulder, watching his back suspiciously and second guessing her judgement for a moment. She shook it off, the need to be better too fierce in her.

<Quentin> "What've you got there?" He decided to keep the conversation off of what they were actually doing as he held the door for her. The less she was thinking about what it was she was doing the less she would want to change her mind. His hand was all ready held out for her once he was outside, the starter bottle of pills waiting for her to claim them.

<@Hisako> Without looking at them, Hisako slipped the bottle out of his hand and into her coat, "Would you believe me if I said a poster?" she raised an eyebrow at him, withdrawing her wallet.

<Quentin> "Probably be less cool than the truth." Quentin shrugged. "But it's none of my business."

<@Hisako> Hisako settled on thirty dollars, the buyer's remorse overshadowed with the desperate temptation to try what she'd bought and see whether it was worth it. She hesitated before giving him the money, hand shrinking back, "...I will test it first. Agreed?"

<Quentin> "You want to test a drug out in an alleyway?"

<@Hisako> Shrugging, Hisako pocketed her bills, "Scared?" she smirked at him, opening the pill bottle in her pocket and withdrawing one. The seemingly harmless little white dot on her finger looked innocent enough. She offered it to him, "We can both?"

<Quentin> "I'm always on." Quentin said truthfully. He knew what it could do for him and he had no intentions of wandering the streets not taking it, even if he knew who the cannibals were.

<@Hisako> "Alright." Hisako nodded, lifting the pill to her lips. She closed her eyes, thinking back to what Cecilia had said about herself, Fabian, Kevin.....was it that bad?

<@Hisako> No. They were weak. Deciding she could handle it, she scooped the pill into her mouth with her tongue, swallowing it. She waited for a few moments, looking down at her hands, "So....when do you know it works?"

<Quentin> "You'll know, you're going to want to be somewhere you know for it the first few times, though."

<@Hisako> Hisako frowned, looking puzzled, "To...learn to control the boost?" she asked, feeling a tingle in her head momentarilly.

<Quentin> "Not something you can really practice in the open now, is it? You don't want to be high as balls throwing tricks around and the cops come bust you now."

<@Hisako> Nodding, Hisako suddenly felt light-headed, as if she was feeling vertigo. She blinked, shaking her head and not realizing her eyes glinted a red-pink shade.

<Quentin> "Come on, lets get you on the way to your school at least."

<@Hisako> "A-alright." Hisako agreed, reaching for his arm to keep herself steady, "You are still Gaijin..." she grinned.

<Quentin> "Yes, I'm in my home city and you're thousands of miles from your home and I'm the outsider."

<@Hisako> Gasping, Hisako leaned on Quentin as if drunk, "You know Japanese!?" she laughed out loud, eyes still glowing.

<Quentin> "Special mind powers, I know all sorts of shit."

<@Hisako> "So.....what colour is my favourite?" Hisako giggled, poking his face, "Tell me, Mister Genius Gaijiiiiiin!"

<Quentin> Was this what he was like the first time he took Kick? If so damn had he been a giggling and poking mess. "It's Silver."

<@Hisako> "Aaaand what is in my tube case?" she was still in stitches.

<Quentin> "It's your bokken." He flagged down a taxi, far too amused. She seemed happy enough so far, another satisfied customer.

<@Hisako> Hisako clapped, "Yataaaa! So clever!" she patted his head, reaching into her pocket and handing him the thirty dollars, "Thank you, Gaaaiiiijiiiin!"

<Quentin> "You're welcome, you let me know when you need more. I'll be around." He promised, dipping his head after loading her into the taxi.