1/24 Instance: Breakfast of Champions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/24 Instance: Breakfast of Champions

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Happy Tree Friends

Laura: Having managed to cook a couple eggs, Laura transferred them from the pan on the stovetop to her waiting plate, feeling fairly pleased with herself. Cooking was still a skill she was learning, but her rate of success was slowly increasing. She set her plate at a spot at the island, pulled the orange juice from the fridge, and went to get a glass.

Cecilia: Cecilia trudged into the kitchen, rubbing the back of her head and muttering to herself. Sleeping had helped get rid of some of the effects of the drugs but that kick was some seriously strong stuff, it was taking awhile to come down completely. Consequently, her head was foggy and she still didn't have complete control over her mental filters. "Holy fuck, you can cook?" She said to Laura.

Laura: "Sometimes," Laura answered as she returned the juice to the fridge, asking while she had the door open, "Would you like anything?"

Cecilia: "Uhhh no, I think I'm goooood," said Cecilia, having some trouble putting her waffle in the slot of the toaster but otherwise okay. "So. How are you today?" She said.

Cecilia: "Oh, by the way, I don't mean to alarm you, but I am high as a fucking kite right now. I just spent all last evening getting high with a few people and I'm still a little bit fucked up so I apologize in advance if I say anything awkward or weird..."

Laura: "I'm well. I am also quite pleased that I've managed to make myself breakfast," Laura answered as she took a seat and watched Cecilia struggle with the toaster. She was going to ask in return, but she supposed her roommate had already answered that question, though she wasn't exactly sure what being high meant. Asking was the only way to find out. "High?"

Cecilia: "Yeah, y'know, buzzed, stoned...baked?" She tried, but she was just getting confused looks. "On drugs," she clarified. FINALLY. Now she could have waffles. "I tried some kick last night, crazy shit that stuff. Maybe a little too crazy for my liking, so no repeat performances but, yeah, it was an experience."

Cecilia: "You ever do that?"

Laura: Oh, drugs. She slowly shook her head after taking an experimental bite of her eggs, swallowing before verbally answering, "No. There aren't many drugs that can compete with my healing."

Cecilia: "Oh...Oh yeaaaaahhhh!" She said, clumsily snapping her fingers. "Immunity to alcohol and drugs, God, why did I forget that!?" She shook her head.

Cecilia: "Y'know, every other person here has an immunity to alcohol and drugs but I think I got a way around it," she said, philosophically.

Laura: "I'm not immune. It simply takes large quantities," Laura replied, adding after a sip of orange juice, "However, I am curious to hear this theory."

Cecilia: "...Wait, I had it..." She frowned. "Ah, shit, no. I'm sorry, I lost it...the world may never know now..."

Cecilia: She yanked her waffles out of the toaster and grabbed the syrup out of the fridge, pouring a generous amount onto her waffles. "So, is Hisako still all pissed at me?"

Laura: Her brow furrowed, "I was not aware she was upset with you..."

Cecilia: "Ohhhhhhhhh yeeaaaaahhhh," she said, plunking down in the seat next to Laura. "She is all pissed off at me because I got mad at her when she stabbed me with her psionic sword."

Cecilia: She pulled up her sleeve. "Check it out, I have a war wound!" Ten stitches in total. "They're driving me crazy. Do you know how lucky you are having a healing factor? Stitches are the worst."

Laura: "I believe I'm fairly glad for it," she answered as she leaned to inspect the stitches, straightening for another bite as she considered what the correct response was to the entire situation. The only thing she could really focus on was the question she had. "Why did she stab you?"

Cecilia: "I have no idea," Cecilia admitted. "We were sparring and my shields were up but she damn well knew that her sword could cut them in half, she saw it, like, a minute before!" She huffed. "I thought she'd just hold it to me and it'd be a match but noooooo! She had to draw first blood!"

Cecilia: "Am I crazy?" She asked. "You wouldn't stab me once I was down. I know we're training to stay alive, but you wouldn't injure another teammate, right?"

Laura: "I would try my best not to," Laura answered, shaking her head.

Cecilia: Cecilia made some noise of agreement. "I don't get that. I don't get her and I don't get people. At all. Most are just not...straightforward. They don't tell me what they want and that's so stupid. Because you can find out what I'm thinking by just asking." She looked at Laura, "That's why I like talking to you. You don't have an agenda and you just answer everything honestly. I get so sick of trying to figure people out..."

Laura: "I've found Hisako to be fairly straightforward," Laura commented and gave a small smile, "Though, thank you. I also enjoy having discussions with you." Though, the conversations were usually easier to follow.

Cecilia: "Usually," agreed Cecilia. "But then this-" she waved her arms animatedly "-happens!"

Cecilia: "...Have you ever lost a friend?" She asked, looking troubled.

Laura: "I don't think so. Why?"

Cecilia: Cecilia sighed, thumping her head on the table. "It sucks."

Cecilia: "...Don't mind me here...I think I'm just coming down...I swear I'm not nearly as emo as this usually..."

Laura: "It's fine. It makes for an interesting breakfast."

Cecilia: "You know what makes breakfast even more interesting?" Cecilia squished some syrup onto one of Laura's eggs. "Syrup!"

Cecilia: Cecilia was silent for a long moment. "...Okay, Imma go now before you decide to stab me too..."

Laura: Laura considered the eggs, Cecilia, and then the eggs again. She'd never considered trying eggs and syrup. "It's not likely, but I'll see you later anyway?"

Cecilia: "...Maybe," said Cecilia, shiftily, creeping out of the kitchen, leaving her dishes and maple syrup behind. "We'll be in touch..." And with that she slunk around the corner and crept off in the direction of the dorms.