1/22 Instance: No Backsies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/22 Instance: No Backsies

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: before Jenga

Eddie: Yawning, Eddie flipped his pancakes idly, his Spider-Sense allowing him to catch them with relative ease. Sipping from his Orange juice, he let a tendril go free from inside his vest top, slithering across the table and pulling today's issue of the 'Bugle into view.

Eddie: The tendril turned the page, tapping against the table as he read a few articles from it about the Mutant Rally efforts, the blind speculations people had about the recent murders....

Eddie: "Blah...blaah...bleeehhhh...", he sighed, flipping the page over and smirking; it could be better, but page three was never an unwelcome sight at the breakfast table in his opinion.

Paige: Dressed and ready for the day, Paige bounced into the kitchen to get her own breakfast. "Mmmm smells good in here! Good morning, Eddie!" She eyed the pancakes before going for some cereal. Rude to invite herself to breakfast after all.

Eddie: "Oooh, my other favourite Paige.", Eddie smirked up at her, watching her motion for the cereal, "Dude, [i[fuck[/i] Fruity Loops: I'm making you pancakes.", he nodded, going back to them.

Paige: "Awwww you'll make me breakfast?! That's so sweet of you, Eddie! Thanks!" She smiled happily at him, going for a quick hug.

Eddie: Eddie hugged her back with one arm, the tendril from his back curling around her and patting her on the head, "Sorry, I'm getting used to using my powers more often; surprisingly going really well.", he smiled, going back to his cooking, "Ain't killed anyone yet, so I'm gonna g'ahead and label that a win."

Paige: "That's always a win." Paige moved around to sit at the stool at the counter to talk to him while he cooked. "I rarely use my powers."

Eddie: "Yep: I imagine tearing off your skin's kind of a bad party trick.", Eddie glanced at her, "...you er...that is your skit, right? Skin-tearing? Or er....hm.", he looked up, as if seeking the answers from the celling, "...no, I cannot remember at all."

Paige: Paige giggled at him. "Yeah, that's me. And unless I'm in uniform there goes the clothes too. So I don't really like to use it at all. I like my clothes."

Eddie: With a joking little smile, Eddie winked at her, "Now that I'd pay to see. Hmn...wonder if Liza would be into a hawt Catholic teacher, eh?", he shook his head, "Just kidding, Pro-Paige; want eggs with this? Bacon? Syrup?"

Paige: Despite her fierce blush, Paige managed to answer. "Sounds delicious." She swallowed and tried to get the blood to drain from her cheeks.

Eddie: "Awesome.", Eddie gave her a little thumbs-up, releasing several tendrils to lift plates and fetch bacon and eggs as he sorted the pancakes for serving, "So, sleep well?", he asked over his shoulder.

Paige: Had she ever! "Very well, thank you. Yourself?" She as glad his back was turned so he couldn't see that blush.

Eddie: Eddie shrugged, "Eeeh, good enough. To be honest I was a little excited for work; this police officer thing is awesome.", he yawned again, "Still not a morning person, but I can deal.", he watched the bacon carefully, as if trying to cook it faster with his 'laser-eyes',

Paige: "I loooove mornings. It's a fresh new start. Anything can happen... except Rachel being excited for morning. That will never happen." She giggled a bit.

Eddie: "Oh, yeah: your snuggle buddy.", he managed a smile at her, "So, how's life with...Rachel. If she's gone back to calling herself that now."

Paige: That caused a couple of blinks. "I... she's not... What else would she call herself? That's her name."

Eddie: He shrugged, "How about 'Phoenix'?",

Paige: Paige shuddered just a bit. "Are you still holding that against her?"

Eddie: "Look, I just think that the 'once bitten' rule applies here.", Eddie sighed, "I know she's your bestie or whatever, but for a second can you try and see my point?"

Paige: "Let those of us without sin throw the first stone," Paige said gently. "Everyone makes mistakes."

Eddie: Eddie nodded, "Yep. I'll remember that the next time I have to stand and watch kids like Cassie or...what's-her-name with the sword half way across the world, risking their lives to stop killing sprees(!)", he rolled his eyes, "Sorry, Paige: trying to be forgiving but it doesn't come naturally to all of us."

Paige: "It must be nice to know that you've never made a mistake then. Because if you had... and you had been forgiven... you'd be more understanding."

Eddie: He turned to her, frowning and looking away, "...fine. You're probably right I...", he shrugged, "...ugh, I didn't think of it like that. But in fairness, hers was personal choice.", he pointed the spatula at Paige almost accusingly.

Paige: Paige smiled at him softly. "I see the good in people. There is still a lot of good in Rachel, even if you don't think so." Or even if Rachel didn't think so.

Eddie: "Yeah. Just like there's good in Pietro and Bobby, and Adam, and the rest of those hypocritical asshats.", Eddie sighed, serving up the bacon and cracking a pair of eggs between two sable, snake-like tendrils, "She must be giving great head to be able to get this amount of support from you..."

Paige: Paige's mouth opened slightly as she just stared at him. Had he really just said all that? While the tears threatened to push out of her eyes, Paige held them back. "I hope you never make a horrific mistake because despite how I would give you the same forgiveness, I hope that at the same time nobody else would. You have no idea what it's like to fall so far and need a hand to stand back up.

Paige: Everyone deserves help to stand back up. So please, just leave Bobby and my girlfriend out of your rants."

Paige: Paige covered her mouth a bit, realizing what she just said. "I mean... just... leave people alone because nobody has room to judge."

Eddie: Eddie actually felt his heart drown as she spoke, snapping back to reality suddenly, "...hang about: girlfriend?", he blinked, "....erm....", he wasn't sure how to respond - he was going to apologize.

Eddie: "....er...I-I er...I didn't mean to seem so cold, just....you know, they killed people and I thought...", he shook his head - that could wait, "No, sorry: Girlfriend?"

Paige: "Shhh!" Paige looked around nervously. "You didn't hear anything... Please just forget I said anything."

Eddie: He looked back at the eggs, tendrils snapping back as he lifted them off the heat. For a moment, Eddie was silent, fixing a plate for Paige and carrying it over to her, leaving the syrup and cuttlery beside it. He looked up at her, unable to think of what to say.

Paige: "It's uh... still a secret." She explained with a blush. "Kind of figuring things out." She looked up at Eddie again. "Thank you for breakfast... you didn't have to do that."

Eddie: He nodded in response, going back to fix his own, still unsure of what to say back to her.

Paige: She pushed the food around on her plate a bit, unsure of what to say as well. She finally took a bite of the eggs so she would have an excuse for silence.

Eddie: Eddie took a deep breath, finally turning back to Paige, "...so erm....I can't think whether I should be asking you to forgive me for being an insensitive prick, or be asking you if Rachel kisses well.", he gulped, "...usually I have something funny and quotable to say, but it's one of those rare times I'm drawing a blank."

Paige: "Well you are better off with the first part. I don't kiss and tell." Paige gave Eddie a friendly smile.

Eddie: That earned a dry laugh from Eddie, "Mmn. That means she was good.", he sighed, "I am sorry. I want to be able to accept it but I just can't with most of them. You know, it really, really stings to see people like Bobby walking around amongst you all like you've forgotten.", he lifted his plate, leaning back on the counter, "My best friend? Is raising children with a man who's betrayed us all twice."

Paige: "I don't pretend that it's easy. Or that what they did was ok. But they are still people we care about. What if your best friend was the one who messed up? Would you still hate her as much as you do the others? What if it was your girlfriend?"

Eddie: "Oh, now that's silly - can you seriously picture Liza murdering someone?", he shrugged, "And...I don't know; it hasn't happened yet. You know the real kicker is knowing that my other bestie is now being followed around - the sociopathic hypocrite now shadows Hope, you know..."

Eddie: Eddie scoffed, "I mean, it's his job. How ridiculous is that? Why not employ me to do it? One: I'm not a criminal who murders when the mood takes him, and two, I'm at least as invincible...", he shrugged again, picking up a rind of bacon, "I just can't believe the crap people get medals for nowadays..."

Paige: "Nobody expected Bobby to kill either. It isn't like he woke up and went out looking for people to terminate... you do know that right? He isn't any more dangerous than any other soldier. And I would trust Bobby with my life. Hope is in good hands."

Eddie: "Reeeally depends on your definition of 'good', doesn't it...", he muttered, "So, what, if I tore off Nur's head you reckon everyone'd have been cool with it too?"

Paige: "I would forgive you." Paige told him simply, taking another bite.

Eddie: He nodded, "Mmmm-hmn..", he managed while chewing a mouthful of pancake and bacon, swallowing it and sighing, "Eeeh, whatever. I'm over trying to explain myself. Apparently this whole shebang has been God's ultimate proof that nothing we do really matters..."

Paige: "Of course it matters. But so does redemption."

Eddie: "Redemption means nothing if people forget.", Eddie tapped his head, "And I won't forget. And I hope every one of them knows I won't. They didn't serve prison sentences, they didn't pay for the wrong they did.", he took a deep breath.

Eddie: "You know, I felt them die? The Venom 'zombies', I mean.", he went on, "I was connected to them and I felt it as their numbers dwindled while I was under that 'psychic mind-meld' shit that made me wander off.", Eddie approached the table, "You know, I had this nightmare that they'd do that to me if I ever went feral?"

Paige: "Rachel and Bobby did serve time. You have no idea what either of them went through. I understand your devotion to morals, but at what cost, Eddie? At losing more people we care about? And you know we wouldn't let that happen to you... we would do everything we could to help you."

Eddie: Eddie looked up at her, "But can you imagine what would have happened if the government decided to push forth something like the Registration Act over it? Imagine: billions of people killed because some gung-ho vigilantes decided to take justice into their hands.", he rubbed his eyes, "I've had this conversation too many times, Paige. It wasn't right. And it isn't safe to promote that."

Paige: "Nobody is promoting it. And isn't that what the X-men do all the time? Hung-ho vigilantes?"

Eddie: "I think there's a difference between a sword and a shield, Paige..."

Paige: "There is. But also remember... those who do not forgive, do not receive forgiveness."

Eddie: "The day that happens to me, we can talk.", he lifted his plate, leaving the table, "See you around, Paige.", he stopped at the door, "Oh, and er...give Rach one for me, eh?"

Paige: "One what? A punch?"

Eddie: Raising a suggestive eyebrow, Eddie smirked, "If she's into that kinda thing...", he left her with, a wink before he slipped away.

Paige: "That... no! Never!" Paige hid her face with her hands. Rachel was going to kill her.