1/21 Instance: Don't Read Into It

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/21 Instance: Don't Read Into It

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Mayday: "~Meet me here... on November Eleventh, come aaaalone...~", Mayday sang softly, hand on her chest as the other raised with every note as if controlling her pitch, "~Bring your words.... and selective irreverence, we'll see stars just..."

Mayday: She took a breath silently before the mic, closing her eyes as she entered the chorus, "~One! More! Tongue! To kiss before the sky falls! Out! From us! This cloud, we're hovering ooooh-on...~"

Rachel: Fingers moving along the neck of the guitar, Rachel was glad she'd practiced the song in her spare time, though the real challenge was making sure the timing was down. Feeling like they were doing well enough, she allowed herself to headbang as they went into the chorus, as she didn't have to overly focus on whether she was hitting the right notes.

Mayday: Mayday took a few more steady breaths as Rachel brought them into the second verse, tapping her fingers against her chest to keep time, "~Kill your doubt... with the coldest of weapons; confidence...", she smiled at Rachel gently.

Rachel: Blowing out a breath, she shook some hair out of her face and shot Mayday a grin in return. If she was lucky, her tattooed side wouldn't hurt later... Though, this was well worth the pain. It was fun.

Mayday: Verse done, and chorus aside moments later, Mayday took the mic off of the stand and approached Rachel, sitting down across from her on an amp and waiting for their duet to reach the break down. She watched Rachel's strumming, half amazed at how easily she pulled each string with an almost mechanical precision before raising the mic to her mouth.

Mayday: "~Here I am...there you are... on the wi-ire connecting our hearts; there's a sting, that is tied, to a kite...", she continued, standing slowly, "~There's a storm, in the sky, as the clo-ouds become electric; there you are, here I am...coooould [/i]I[/i]...", Mayday held the note for a few moments.

Paige: Paige wasn't necessarily looking for Rachel, but the sound of singing and music drew her to Rachel and Mayday. She was not prepared to see Rachel and Mayday so close and smiling at each other. Googly eyes! She backed up the first couple of steps, then turned quickly, making her retreat for her room.

Mayday: Mayday's finger went up to stop Rachel, "W-wait, hang on...", she glanced to the door, "D-did you...feel that?", she looked back at the other redhead, "M-my Spider-Sense just...I-I think it did..."

Rachel: Looking up, Rachel pressed her palm flat against the strings and flicked the volume down on the bass about the same time May signaled her to stop. She leaned to peer over Mayday's shoulder at the door, biting down on her lip. Fuck... Had that just been...? She slowly nodded, breathing, "Yeah... I did..."

Mayday: "...who was it?", Mayday looked at her, "You think we're in someone's way in here?"

Rachel: "No..." she answered, brow furrowed, "It was Paige." ...Shit, it was Paige after the conversation they'd had.

Mayday: With a puzzled expression, Mayday glanced outside again, "Paige?", she blinked, "W-why would she walk off? We should ask her to sit in and join us! She has a really good voice, you know."

Rachel: "I-I don't know that she'd go for it..." Rachel gave a small shrug, "But I guess it couldn't hurt to try."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "Ok!", she smiled, darting off down the hallway, "Heeeey! Paige!", she called out, "Paaaaige!"

Paige: Paige hurried to hide as she heard her name. She was in no state to talk to people!

Mayday: "Paige?", Mayday slowed down, "Paige!", she called out, walking down the hallway and stopping at the end of it.

Paige: Paige closed her eyes and wiped away her tears, back pressed against the door of the room she had ducked into. Surely Mayday would just leave. She hoped.

Rachel: Rachel pulled the bass over her head, set it on the stand, and moved to follow Mayday into the hall. She cheated a bit and used her telepathy to seek Paige out, trying the knob. "Paige, it's me."

Paige: "I'm... indisposed!" That was a word right?

Mayday: Standing back from the door Paige's voice had come from, Mayday frowned at it, "...how?", she asked in disbelief.

Rachel: Rachel gave the door a concerned look and shot Mayday a glance as she asked, "What's wrong?"

Mayday: The younger redhead shrugged, looking between Rachel and the door, baffled as anything.

Paige: Paige pressed herself more firmly against the door. "Just go back to what you were doing."

Rachel: Looking between Mayday and the door again, she heaved a sigh and brushed some hair out of her face. "We were going to ask if you wanted to hang out too..."

Paige: Only because I walked in and found you. "Uh very busy!"

Mayday: "....doing what?", Mayday shrugged at Rachel, "A-are you, like, randomly naked?"

Rachel: Rachel was hesitant to ask with Mayday right there, but she was pretty sure she could manage being vague. "Is it about dinner the other night? Because it's nothing."

Paige: "Why would it be? I'm very, very busy." Paige slid down the door to sit on the floor.

Mayday: Mayday shook her head, "....right. Whatever.", she took off back to the music room, "After the lesbian thing the other day, Rach, I'm not entertaining this.", she clenched her fists, embarrassed as all hell.

Rachel: Shit... Did she stay with Paige, or did she go with Mayday? Rachel bit down on her lip, "Well... Since you're busy, I'll see you later?"

Paige: Paige hugged her knees to her chest and rested her forehead against them, sighing. "Fine. Have fun."

Rachel: She cringed at the answer but went to follow Mayday back to the room, "Soooo... Take it from the beginning again?"

Mayday: With a frustrated sigh, Mayday picked up the mic and switched it back on, "Yeah. Sure.", she took a deep breath, "In fact, let's do something a little more up-beat and bitchy...", she suggested, "Tsunami Bomb, 'Lemonade'?"

Rachel: Rachel nodded and took up the bass again, biting down on her lip before adding, "I'm sorry about that, by the way."

Mayday: "Don't be. She was just as vague and shit when she commented on me and Sue being together.", Mayday said, a dark tone to her voice, "Sorry, but I'm getting really hurt at this point; what the hell is her problem!?"

Rachel: "She thinks I have a thing for you," Rachel answered, gaze glued to the strings of her bass. "We had a... spat about it the other night at dinner, and I... I thought it was all cool because I said it wasn't anything like that."

Mayday: Mayday gasped, "W-what!? A-are you serious?", she looked to the door, "Right, I'm going out there and straightening this out, 'cause I-I...", she looked back at Rachel, "...y-you don't, right?"

Rachel: Rachel nodded to the being serious but quickly shook her head at the last one, "No, of course not. ...I mean, not that you aren't nice and everything, but no." She wanted to die. The idea of May talking to Paige about this made her want to die.

Mayday: "It's cool.", Mayday smiled at her, "Imagine us together, huh?", she giggled, shaking her head, "But yeah, I'm straightening this crap out. U-unless you want me to....not?"

Rachel: Rachel snorted at the idea of her and Mayday and looked over to the other girl, shrugging, "Depends on what you plan on telling her to straighten it out."

Mayday: With a little laugh, Mayday shrugged, "I was thinking 'there's nothing going on, Rachel likes you, stop being so crazy'?", she shook her head, "M-maybe not, hm?"

Rachel: She gave a slight grin, "I'd say leave out the 'likes you' part, but then you're just going to sound like a bitch."

Mayday: Sighing, Mayday nodded at that, "Yeah....maybe leave it...", she approached Rachel and knelt down, putting a hand on her shoulder, "I-I'm sorry, I just thought that practice was a good idea..."

Rachel: "It's not your fault, and practicing is an awesome idea. It's a lot of fun," Rachel smiled, "Paige is just..." she trailed off as she came to the realization that she had actually been right the other night, blinking, "Oh, my God... She is jealous."

Mayday: "....oh, no way!", Mayday slapped her forehead, "S-she....she likes you!"

Rachel: "I mean, I was sort of teasing when I suggested it, but... but that's when everything went downhill... I hadn't really thought about the argument because we were cool afterward..." Once she realized she was babbling, she glanced up to Mayday and attempted to get back on track, "Anyway, you really think so?"

Mayday: Mayday laughed at Rachel, "Oh, my God, duuuuh!", she pointed at the door, "Obvious jelly is obvious!"

Rachel: Rachel looked to the door and back to May, "So... What do I do?"

Mayday: Mayday shrugged, "Tell her how you feel, geez!"

Rachel: "...I should've known you were going to say that."

Mayday: "Can't be that psychic(!)",

Rachel: Rachel laughed and moved to get up, turning the volume on the bass up once more, "Let's finish practicing. Then, I'll go see about dealing with my issues."

Mayday: With a little grin, Mayday agreed with a little nod, tapping her mic and waiting for Rachel to start playing. She took a few breaths to get her timing, following up with the lyrics of the song.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 1/21 Instance: Don't Read Into It

Post by Ferguson »

Mayday tells it like it is.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 1/21 Instance: Don't Read Into It

Post by PanicSwitch »

Mayday: Mayday laughed at Rachel, "Oh, my God, duuuuh!", she pointed at the door, "Obvious jelly is obvious!"

Mayday: Mayday shrugged, "Tell her how you feel, geez!"
WORD... :LOL
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7