1/20 Instance: FINISH HER

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/20 Instance: FINISH HER

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined before DARE

<Fabian> "One day we're going to go more by my rules just to get you out of your comfort zone...and so I don't keep getting hit by big old sticks?" Fabian tried to tempt as he darted away from Hisako, laughing.

<Hisako> Hisako, stretched, spinning her weapon around in her hands and preparing a charge, raising it above her head, "Maybe we will see. Until then, just try and remember: keep your eye on the opponent's body; not on the sword."

<Fabian> "You're preaching to the choir, I do know what I'm aiming for." Fabian reminded her. He was no beginner, after all, and he couldn't wait to get her in a situation where point control really mattered. Vengeance would be his and he savoured that with a bit of a wicked smirk.

<Hisako> Darting forward, Hisako dropped her wooden blade low, sliding forward and driving a blow upwards into his stomach and beneath his guard.

<Fabian> Just for the shit of it, Fabian turned around until he was beside her and gave her a hip-check, digging his heels into the ground.

<Hisako> Hisako gasped, slipping around and getting back into stance, "Hey! You cannot do that!" she flushed.

<Fabian> "Who says?" Fabian couldn't help but chuckle as he darted back again. He knew full well there would be revenge for that as well.

<Hisako> With a frustrated huff, Hisako ducked, curling her sword back as she crouched and snapping it upwards in a draw-stroke motion.

<Fabian> "Has my hip knocked the answer out of you?" Fabian teased, darting away closer to the door.

<Hisako> With another huff, Hisako lowered her weapon, putting her off-hand on her hip, "N-no! It's not a fair move!"

<Fabian> "Fair? There is no fair. Who's going to worry about fighting fair now?" Fabian didn't let his guard down just yet, keeping his distance and bouncing foot to foot.

<Hisako> "W-what are you even saying, Cortez-sama?" Hisako demanded, "You just don't do this! Honour is important in combat!"

<Fabian> "...you've met me, right?" Fabian asked, pausing in his bouncing to ask the question. "Honour has it's place but you've seen the news with X-men."

<Hisako> Shaking her head, Hisako slid her weapon away, "Honour is the most important quality of a warrior. And the dojo is something to be respected!"

<Fabian> "Hisako, you're going to get your ass handed to you in a real fight if you keep thinking about your dojo rules. Trust me, compared to me everyone's overpowered so if I can't burn them out I get my ass kicked frequently."

<Hisako> Hisako ran a hand through her sable hair, flicking it aside, "Then that's your opinion..." she decided on, "I have my powers to face things with people's powers. In a fight, honour should be most important."

<Fabian> Fabian arched an eyebrow at that. "You think that's enough, huh? I prefer to use all of my assets."

<Hisako> "Yes!" she spat back, "It should be enough! I can still beat you, even if you cheat!"

<Fabian> "You realize what my power is right?" Fabian asked just to be sure. It wasn't polite to start burning a person out right off the bat, after all.

<Hisako> With a glance aside, Hisako shrugged, "No." she admitted, "But are we training with these powers now?" she felt a pang of anxiety - her power wasn't something she was very good with.

<Fabian> "I'm just making a point about fighting, nobody's going to be pulling their punches so talking about fair's pretty pointless." He went ahead and gave her a boost though, just so she would know what his power felt like when he was doing something good to the person, anyway.

<Hisako> Unbeknownst to her, Hisako's eyes glowed red momentarily. The feeling of invigoration flowed through her suddenly. She looked at her hand, glancing between it and Fabian, "This....is your power?"

<Fabian> "Try your shieldy mojo now." Fabian advised, stepping back just in case. Things could go a bit unpredictable at times.

<Hisako> Hisako nodded, raising her hand and focusing on the area ahead of her. There was a bright flash of scarlet as a rectangular shape manifested in the air before her, humming softly with a pink-red hue, "W-what? I-it's...different." she remarked, "It feels...like I know this will be stronger. It is so hard to explain!"

<Fabian> "It's basically energy redirection." Fabian explained with a shrug. "If I take more, however, I start taking away from energy that is keeping you actually going so basically you'll lose your handle on things and eventually you'll be out."

<Hisako> "Amazing! It feels so much more powerful...like...like looking at something and realizing it isn't heavy anymore...if you can understand?" she desperately tried to explain, laughing as the oblong force field divided into two and spun around her, dividing again and again until several squares spun around her in different directions.

<Fabian> "But you realize if this was a fight I'd just take you out, right?"

<Hisako> Approaching Fabian, Hisako's glowing squares blinked away, "I... honour code is something so important to me, I didn't think others might...not care." she sucked in a breath, "T-they should though!"

<Fabian> "Why would me doing what I'm able to do be outside of the code? You can have your honour code and fight within it but the other side isn't going to necessarily play by your rules."

<Clarice> The door to the DR opened and Clarice poked her head in. Gosh darn it, it was already in use.

<@Fabian> "Clarice! Come on in, maybe you can help me make my point so I don't get categorized as a dishonourable dog or something." Fabian waved his friend over, shouldering his sword for the moment.

<Hisako> Hisako looked between the door and Fabian, her scrutinizing gaze a visual representation of her frustration and curiosity.

<Clarice> "But you are a dishonourable dog," Clarice teased, coming into the DR and letting the door slide shut behind her.

<@Fabian> "I have a certain amount of honour, just where it counts. I know when it's not actually a good thing to attain." He shrugged perfectly innocently.

<Hisako> "In a fight, it does count!" Hisako huffed, folding her arms, "Cortez-sama thinks that honour and appropriate form don't matter in a..." she raised her hands to make large air quotations, "...'real fight'(!)"

<Clarice> ... Ah. "Well, I guess it does, if you don't mind being dead by the end of it?" Clarice suggested, folding her arms and resting her weight on one foot.

<@Fabian> "The only person it's going to matter to is you. I'm not saying don't keep your honour, I'm saying you've got to have a better reaction to someone not playing by your rules than complaining it's not fair."

<Hisako> Hisako stamped her foot down, "You also can't change the rules suddenly!" she all but growled, cutting her eye at Clarice, "So you will just take Cortez-sama's side on this?"

<@Fabian> "Are you going to throw a little hissy fit about it?" Fabian gave her a bit of a disbelieving look. "You know I don't even fight your style anyway. One day you're going to have to try my side out. You're going to be doing the whole X-men dealie schmelie though, yes?"

<Clarice> Wow ... that's kinda bratty, "Well, yeah, I've been doing this super-hero thing since I was like, fourteen, and in a real fight there's only one rule, make sure you're the only one left standing. I'm not against a kick in the crotch or throat punching someone if it means I don't get stabbed or shot or anything not fun like that."

<@Fabian> "See? Practicality." Fabian gave a gracious wave towards Clarice. "I mean, she's got her own code she won't do but that doesn't mean she doesn't know the value of working outside of the lines of propriety."

<Hisako> With a frustrated sigh, Hisako threw a hand through her hair, "I suppose it makes sense..." she rolled her eyes, "But if not for that I would have beat you anyway! If I can beat someone without changing rules then that proves I am the best." she explained with a little shrug.

<Clarice> Clarice exchanged a look with Fabian, "I don't think you're getting what we're saying here, it's not 'changing the rules' it's the fact that the rules stop as soon as you leave the dojo, and someone who's trying to like ... actually kill you won't care one bit."

<@Fabian> "Oh my, you beat someone who started this how long ago? Oh yes, when he met you." Fabian teased. "I should absolutely switch this to epee just to steam you."

<Hisako> "I could still beat you!" Hisako protested, pointing at Clarice, "Or: I can beat you, and then Cortez-sama will eat his words!" she patted the handle of her bokken, "My training should help me beat someone who can only fight with no-discipline 'street style'...."

<@Fabian> "Oh I have got to see this." Fabian couldn't help but clap and step back, motioning the girls together. "By all means, lets see this."

<Clarice> Clarice rolled her eyes at Hisako, "You wanna dance, karate kid? By all means, bring it," she dropped her arms out of their cross and shifted her weight so that she remained light on her feet.

<Hisako> Rolling her head and loosening her shoulders a little bit before taking on her drawing stance, Hisako tapped her bokken's handle with her index finger while sizing up Clarice; she looked quick, but quick wouldn't save her. The katana-wielding girl smiled, crouching slightly.

<@Fabian> Giiiirl-fight! Oh, where was there a pool of jello when he needed it? This was the danger room, though...but no, Hisako didn't seem like the type that would appreciate that.

<Clarice> Clarice watched Hisako carefully, narrowing her eyes, shaking out her hands to keep her arms loose, loath to make the first move herself.

<Hisako> Impatient, and itching to prove her point, Hisako lunged forward, drawing her sword and raising it above her head, swinging downwards.

<@Fabian> He just wished he had popcorn for this; it was going to be good.

<Clarice> Clarice's reaction was lightning fast, reaching out and grabbing Hisako by the collar and yanking her forwards hard, right onto her upraise knee, knocking the wind out of the other girl as she hit her stomach.

<Hisako> Hisako coughed out a breath as she struggled free of Clarice's grapple, stepping back and holding her stomach, looking up at the other girl with haggard breaths. She stood up, sliding her blade away and raising both hands; if she wanted unarmed, she'd get it.

<Clarice> "Had enough?" Clarice bounced on the balls of her feet.

<Hisako> "Baka buso..." Hisako spat cruelly, taking her scabbard off og her belt and setting it down before taking on her karate stance again, "Come." she commanded, flexing her hands.

<@Fabian> "My, my, name calling? How very street."

<Clarice> "No need for petty name calling now," Clarice smiled, "this is all friendly ... powers or no?"

<@Fabian> "Surprise each other!"

<Hisako> Gritting her teeth, Hisako cut her eye at Fabian, "Damare Konoyarou!" she snapped to the side, going for Clarice again.

<@Fabian> "I think she's getting a bit on edge, Clarice." Fabian was enjoying this far too much.

<Clarice> "No speaky Japane-whoop!" Clarice ducked the lunge and slammed her elbow into the other girl's chest, spinning so that Hisako was thrown to the side, "You don't say, Fabes."

<@Fabian> "FINISH HEEEEEEER!" Fabian had obviously been hanging around the nerdier delegation of the school too often.

<Hisako> Hisako tensed before the hit, falling, rolling on the floor, standing and spinning a roundhouse kick towards Clarice.

<Clarice> Clarice caught the foot and yanked Hisako, so that the other girl ended up hopping on one foot in a rather amusing and undignified way to avoid pulling any muscles, "Naw, I figured I'd let her tire herself out," she chuckled, before shoving the girl away again, "Wanna give it another go?"

<Hisako> With a frustrated growl, Hisako rushed forwards, pushing both hands forward and spawning an amber force field in the shape of a square to push Clarice down.

<Clarice> Clarice opened up a portal to catch the forcefield, and then opened a second one right behind Hisako, causing the girl to to slam her own forcefield into herself, "Quit hitting yourself!"

<@Fabian> "Oh now here we go." Fabian clapped from the sidelines. "Power battle time."

<Hisako> Hisako stumbled forward, lifting both her hands as if gripping a sword. Her eyes glowed yellow as a flash above her manifest a force-field in the shape of a katana in her hands, bringing it down on Clarice with all the force she could manage.

<Clarice> A portal opened beneath Clarice's feet and she dropped out of sight, reappearing a few seconds later above and behind Hisako and landing knees first on the girls back, knocking her to the floor. She then proceeded to grab her hair and pull it back sharply so she could get an arm around Hisako's throat.

<Hisako> The Japanese girl cried out as she was knocked to the floor, the 'force field sword' of hers still in her right hand as her left grappled with Clarice. She swung the weapon over her head, trying to slap Clarice in the face with it. At least one hit would make her less smug.

<Clarice> Clarice huffed and glowered, tangling her legs with Hisako's to keep her from getting back up, and let of of her hair to grab at her wrist, slamming the girl's hand into the floor as hard and as fast as she could to get her to drop the sword.

<Hisako> The amber force-sword broke like glass as Hisako stopped focusing on it, instead a flickering of orange-yellow manifesting in the air around her as she struggled in pain against Clarice's hold.

<@Fabian> "Should I be counting down or something while she's pinned?"

<Clarice> Clarice succeed in getting a choke hold on Hisako and started to squeeze, "If-if you like," she gasped.

<Hisako> Hisako screamed in reply, squeezing her eyes shut as she slammed the ground with her fist, a glint of amber in her eyes flashed through them as a barely corporeal silhouette of an over sized humanoid flickered above the two girls.

<@Fabian> Fabian paced around, starting the countdown and also making more snarky remarks about falcon punches and the like.

<Hisako> The figure appeared as the top half of an armor set, its fist raising with Hisako's own and slamming into Clarice's back. The force of the hit made it flicker and, like the sword before it, shatter as if glass.

<Clarice> Clarice howled as the force hit her on the back, making her loosen her grip for a second.

<@Fabian> Fabian paused his count and stepped back. "Come on, Clarice, show her how it's done!"

<Hisako> With a cough, Hisako tried to move, unable to. She couldn't focus on anything but the trapped feeling, which reminded her of things she'd rather forget.

<Hisako> Forcing her pride to push down her upset, she merely tensed and accepted the grim reality - she'd lost.

<Clarice> Clarice recovered quickly and tightened her choke-hold on the other girl, "Give up yet?"

<Hisako> "...'never give up..." Hisako managed, still trembling in anger, eyes still squeezed shut.

<@Fabian> "Hisako, come on now." Fabian made his way to the girls again.

<Hisako> "G-get... away...!" she coughed at Fabian, "...'m fine..."

<Clarice> Clarice rolled her eyes and released her hold before the silly girl's pride made her pass out.

<@Fabian> "I don't take kindly to being ordered around now. You're being ridiculous, now get up and lets get something to drink or something."

<Hisako> Hisako siddled away, sitting up and holding her neck while coughing and catching her breath. She couldn't bring herself to look at either of them, turning away with a hurt and embarrassed look on her face.

<Clarice> Clarice rolled to her feet and shook out her arms, "You okay? I didn't wanna hurt you or anything..."

<Hisako> She turned away from Clarice further, hiding her face with her hair as a tear escaped, "...f-fine." she lied, "...you ok?"

<Clarice> "Eh, I'll have a bruise from where you whacked me on the back, but I'm fine, had way worse ... you really don't sound fine ..."

<@Fabian> No she didn't, even Fabian could tell that. "Need to stop down at the med lab?"

<Hisako> Standing with a little bit of clear difficulty, Hisako shook her head, staggering over to her bokken and lifting it over her shoulder, "I said 'I'm fine'." she stated firmly, taking a deep breath, "Just want to be alone now." she didn't waste time with her usual bow, instead making for the exit without another word.

<@Fabian> "Well...that was rude."

<Clarice> Clarice arched an eyebrow at Fabian, "That's a pretty epic sulk, sore loser or what?"

<@Fabian> "I guess that's what her Code of Honour amounts to." He snorted and shrugged. "She'll get over it, dinner?"

<Clarice> "Dinner sounds like a plan."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 1/20 Instance: FINISH HER

Post by steyn »

weird thing... Clarice's "Gosh darn it" made me snicker.