1/16 Instance: Shadow of the Bunny

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

1/16 Instance: Shadow of the Bunny

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Sometime after "That's Entertainment".

Jack: Jack's ears flicked up a little then back down, before his hand scratched his groin as he laid lazily back into the couch. Next to him was a half eaten sandwhich on a plate, and in his hand a glass of juice. He was watching reruns of Lost, and he had no idea what the hell was happening, but there was a fat guy running, which would make anyone crack a grin.

Cassie: The shadowy corner in the back of the room appeared to become just that little bit darker, before the raven-haired head peeked out of it. Cassandra took a curious look around the place, her impish smile growing a bit wider when she spotted the big, fuzzy ears poking out from behind the sofa.

Cassie: She hopped out of the swirling patch of darkness and landed silently on her feet, then bit her lip in excited anticipation as she snuck up on the over-sized human rabbit. "Now look at that," she said, keeping her voice low as she leaned down over the back of the couch, her arms snaking around the bunny's shoulders from behind. "I scored the Jack-pot."

Jack: Orange juice sprayed like a fine mist nearly reaching the big screen across the coffee table, followed by Jack coughing. "Ack..ugh..." he gasped, "Who is...Cassandra?" he managed.

Cassie: "Mmm, charming," she commented, an amused look on her face as the orange spray splattered across the furniture. Lowering her head, she rested her chin on Jack's shoulder, his soft fur lightly brushing her cheek. "The one and only." She smirked towards the juice-stained screen. "Seems like every time we meet, you end up making a mess."

Jack: "Uh.. yeah... um... what, what are you doing here?" Jack asked, shifting a little to look at her, but not able to get out of her hold.

Cassie: "I was invited, and didn't want to disappoint my fans," Cassandra replied, holding up her right hand. With a flick of her wrist, she pulled the small card from her sleeve, bearing Xavier's emblem. "Your friends stopped by the circus to watch my show and handed me this. Apparently I've left an impression, because they insisted to see me again."

Cassie: "And of anyone around here, you should know best that I never let down my fans," she added with a mischievous grin, before she playfully nipped the edge of Jack's ear.

Jack: Normally Jack cringes when people touch his ears, but Cassandra had a way... Jack gave a tiny shiver of delight before he regained control, "Oh good, for a second there I thought you were stalking me."

Cassie: "Stalk you? Now why would I do that?" Cassandra chuckled softly, while her fingers idly ruffled through the hair on top of Jack's head. "Just because we've spent an unforgettable night full of passion together and you disappeared without saying goodbye or where to find you?"

Cassie: She effortlessly demonstrated her well-practiced limberness by hopping up to sit on the back of the couch, then swung her legs over the backrest, only to end up sitting next to Jack. "By the way, you forgot to untie me before you left," she added, slightly baring her teeth as she smiled at him.

Jack: "Uhh... I did? Whoops, sorry. So what exactly you been up to?" he asked, trying to steer the topic away from his whoopsie. "Wait, do all your audience people leave contact info?"

Cassie: "Only those I care to see again," she replied, leaning sideways against the back of the sofa,her head resting against a propped up hand. She shrugged, and pulled her legs up onto the cushions to tuck them underneath her body. "Oh, and just the usual, you know? Practicing, performing, thinking whether I should take up the offer to join your little school..."

Jack: "Ah, okay, Well I can tell you now, you're gonna have a lot more people watching you if you end up joining the extra curricular X-Men thing. Plus you'll be kicking bad guy butts. Oh, and then there's also all of the fanart and fanfics that'll pop up on the internet."

Cassie: "You' have a point, and in fact, that's what tempting me the most," Cassandra admitted, the nail of a finger dug into edge of her lower lip. She smirked, excitement glowing behind her eyes. "Don't get me wrong - the circus is my love, and it always will be."

Cassie: "But you know how it goes, don't you?" She sighed dramatically and leaned against Jack's shoulder. "Lovers, they come and go. And while you should keep all of them in your heart, there comes the time when you need to head out and find another."

Cassie: Her eyebrows arched upwards as she grinned towards the dark ceiling. "Besides, with someone like the X-Men... where's the difference?" She held up her arms. "Except that their stage is the world, and whole cities cast their spotlight on them."

Jack: "Aww, here I thought it was the idea of fanart and fanfics." he said with a smirk. "But yeah, it is basically the same, you wear a costume, you do your performance if it's in a public area... otherwise it's a private show with only eachother as the audience."

Cassie: "I don't mind fans showing their appreciation," Cassandra replied, further turning around until she sat on the couch, her back against Jack's side and her ankles crossed on top of the armrest. "In fact, I value it more than any other form of compensation. Sure, a small tip here and there is nice and keeps you clothed and fed, but nothing beats causing a true emotional reaction."

Cassie: Tilting back her head, she rested it in the rabbit boy's lap, allowing her to look up at his face. "And sure, being the star of the ring has its perks, but there's nothing wrong with private shows, either," she added, an uneven smirk across her lips. "You see, they often can provide a so much more... intense experience."

Jack: "Oh you don't need to explain the wonders of an upclose and personal performance. I also get my kicks from the looks on their faces when you do something amazing and they can't explain it, but they love it nonetheless." Jack said, shifting further down in the couch.

Cassie: "It seems that you're taking your art as seriously as I take mine." Cassandra shifting along with the boy underneath her, until they had found a position quite comfortable for the both of them. "Which is about the only thing I take seriously, at all. However, I can already see we're going to get along really nicely."

Cassie: After a brief, thoughtful pause, a smirk curled the corner of her mouth, and she stretched on the couch, feeling his thighs against her back. "Maybe we can show each others some tricks sometime."

Jack: "Not sure that'll be fair." Jack said, taking one of her hands in his and playing with her fingers, "I mean, my magic is... well... traditional magic that anyone can learn. Your tricks are a little more complicated, not that it's bad or anything, I loved watching you. It's just no matter how many times you show your tricks, it's still just your mutant power."

Cassie: Cassandra slightly tilted her head to the side, an eyebrow forming a disapproving arch. "Did you mean to make that sound so belittling," she asked, trying to hide the mischievous smile that wanted to show itself. "Not all of my performance relies on my mutant abilities, you know? It took a lot of work and practice to achieve physical grace and deftness like mine."

Jack: "Oh well, that of course is all you, I meant the other tricks, the shadow puppets and the teleport thingies, but the acrobatics, that will always be a top notch performance." Jack tried to explain his way out of a corner.

Cassie: "How good that you agree," she replied, shifting in his lap once more, keeping her eyes closed as she felt her lips form a smile. "Otherwise, I might have needed to give you another demonstration."

Jack: "...now I didn't agree with everything, I mean some of your physical performance might be also because of your mutation, who knows." he quickly changed his song. "Oh, little warning, if you do join the X-Men and people recognise you, then it'll be way harder to impress them with performances."

Cassie: "So you say I should hide my pretty face behind a mask," Cassandra asked, opening her eyes again to meet his gaze. "I've not many of you do that when you pose for the cameras." A moment later, she was tapping a finger against her chin. "You do have a point, however..."

Cassie: "How's this?" Inky black swirls appeared to come crawling out from the edge of her hairline, partially covering her skin.

Jack: "Ha, nice trick, now that would definitely throw some people." Jack told her. "So using your alternate identity you shall fight crime in a very stylish and flamboyant way that would cause a stir amongst the criminals of New York."

Cassie: White teeth appeared amidst the black disguise when Cassandra responded with a grin. "Oh, when you make it sound like that, how could I ever decline your bald benefactor's offer," she asked with a chuckle. "Eat your heart out, Bruce Wayne! I'll show you what overblown theatrics look like!"

Jack: You know who you remind me of? Uhh, what's that character's name... uses magic as her stage act and as her alternate persona.. damn it, now I forgot her name, she's always wearing a tophat and fishnets..."

Cassie: "Why, that would be Zatanna, of course." the raven-haired girl replied, making the black marks on her face disappear again. "Where do you think I've got my wardrobe inspiration from." She faked a startled expression. "Oh my, now my geekiness is showing."

Jack: Jack gave just a big faked astonished look, "I thought those comic books I saw in your trailer was someone else's." he said.

Cassie: "Is it too late to say they're all gifts from admiring fans," Cassandra asked, putting some hopefulness into her voice. "At least you didn't see the Harley Quinn dress among my costumes that I wear for my clowning sideshow."

Jack: "Oh my god, woman, you need to wear that here ASAP. So many guys and gals would cream their pants."

Cassie: "Maybe I should keep that as a last resort move to win over new friends then," she mused, chuckling softly. "I have no doubt it might be popular at a place like this, though. After all, you people kind of took the superhero genre and made a living out of it."

Cassie: "On the other hand, perhaps I could wear it in a more private setting," Cassandra added after a brief pause. "You know, to see if it really has that effect on people..."

Jack: "Two times I think it would work the best, Comic-con, and halloween. Mind you, I think if someone would want to do the whole shebang, someone will have to dress up as the joker..."

Cassie: Looking up, Cassandra remained silent while she gave Jack a long, thoughtful look. "Now I'm wondering if a bunny-Joker would be more or less frightening than the original," she remarked. Narrowing her eyes, she concluded with a brief, determined nod. "Definitely more adorable, though."

Jack: "Unless if I decide to buy a razor and shave. But then again, been growing this manly beard slash moustache for as long as I can remember." Jack said, stroking the fur on his lips and chin and cheeks.

Cassie: "As tempting as it may be to give you a shave, I feel like I'd very much prefer the soft fluff to rough stubble," Cassandra commented, biting her lower lip as she reached up to stroke the very same parts of Jack with her slender fingers.

Jack: Jack smiled friendly down at Cassie, then quickly nippe at her fingers, catching one before she could pull them away completely.

Cassie: "Ow! Bad bunny!" Cassandra neither sounded, nor looked particularly upset about finding her finger trapped between the buck's teeth. In fact, she had a hard time trying not to laugh as she squirmed on top of his lap.

Jack: Jack let the fingers go, but only after he made sure they were well licked. "So seeing that you're here and all, you want the whole tour of the Mansion?" he asked.

Cassie: Cassandra put the fingers that had been nipped between her lips, sucking on them for a moment. "You know, why not?" She revealed a brief grin, slipping her fingers out of her mouth again. "Your friends already led me around, but they seemed quite eager to show off their magical basement."

Cassie: "The rest got kind of rushed through," she continued, her shoulder raising in a shrug. "So, maybe a more thorough tour might provide me with another perspective?"

Jack: "Well you're now already familiar with the recreational room. Kitchen's next door," Jack nodded his head to the door, "Backyard's that way, nice big outside swimming pool there if you like swimming. Further is the woods and lake, but seeing that I'm all snug and warm right now, I'll show you the outside when the weather's not so... wintery."

Jack: "Can start with the kitchen if you want something to drink. I might top myself up, seeing that most of my juice is busy drying on the coffee table and floor."

Cassie: Wearing a thoughtful expression for a moment, Cassandra then agreed with a single nod. "That sounds like an excellent plan." She pushed herself up from Jack's lap, sitting by his side on the sofa. Turning her head, a sly smirk had slipped onto her lips. "Besides, you still owe me a soda."

Jack: "I...ohhhh right, I do, don't I..." he said, eyes squinting and nodding thinking back to the time she was tied to her bed in her trailer while he was out to get drinks, and forgot her like that. "Come on, your soda awaits within." he said, standing up and lead the way to the kitchen.

Cassie: "Better late than never," Cassandra commented, chuckling softy, as she rose to her feet and followed Jack. She let her gaze wander across the dim entertainment room as they crossed it towards the door. "Kind of beats our crammed trailer with the only working satellite dish. At least it gets comfortable when something is on that everyone wants to watch, though. "

Jack: Jack looked over his shoulder, "Here we got over several hundred channels, but only one thing gets played. Shark week." He lead her into the kitchen, holding the door open for her and then went to the big fridge.

Cassie: "Ah, I remember the kitchen." She was smiling to herself as she strolled through the large, exquisitely furnished room. "I also remember you can fit my entire home several times over in here." A frown furrowed her brow as she took a closer look at all the appliances. "I have no idea what half of these are supposed to do. Are they for cooking, or to conduct surgery?"

Jack: "I got a good idea that that one makes coffee, that one mixes stuff, that one chops stuff... and the rest are things one of our professors of science made up. And the toaster." Jack said, closing the fridge and opening the bottle for Cassandra, handing it over to her before opening his bottle.

Cassie: "Thank you." Cassandra smiled and took the offered bottle. "You make it harder and harder for me to keep myself from pushing random buttons to see if something goes up in flames, you know that?" She raised the bottle to her mouth and took an extensive swig, licking her lips as she put it back down again. "Ah, well worth the wait."

Jack: "And that's the expensive kind of coke, pretty sure it's made out of diamonds, gold and sugar water." Jack said before drinking as well, "You know if I showed you each room in this place, we wouldn't be seeing the outside for a very long time. This place is huge."

Cassie: "So, I've noticed," Cassandra replied, taking another swig, smiling softly around the opening of her bottle. "I've already gotten lost three times during my own explorations. It was fantastic." Tilting her head, she nipped on her lower lip. "With the right guide, I wouldn't mind getting lost another time - even if it whisks us away until the break of dawn."

Jack: "Well seeing that the kitchen's so big, I wouldn't be surprised if we got lost in here. We might end up having to make a stove fire to keep warm... or if the smoke detector works, we'll have to find other ways to keep warm during the cold dark winter nights in this crazy climate controlled place."

Cassie: "Like gutting a tauntaun and crawling inside to revel in its cozy guts," Cassandra asked, her toothy grin and the sparkle in her eyes way too excited for a suggestion such as this.

Jack: "...there's something amazing going on in that mind of yours." Jack said, before taking a long sip from his bottle. "Think less Hoth and more Hot."

Cassie: "I've never heard of that place," she replied, cradling the bottle between her hands as she took a slow step towards Jack. "I assume it'll be part of the tour, however. It sounds... exciting."

Jack: "There'll be a lot of sweating from the furless members in this little tour group. Lot's of moving and grunting and groaning as well, because that's just how that place is." he said, playing along, but also starting to get a little lost, more concerned about Cassandra's advancing body.

Cassie: "Sounds just like my kind of place," Cassandra commented, her lips lingering on the opening of her soda bottle. "Now I wonder, how far is it from here? Not too far, I hope..."

Jack: Jack took a step closer to her, he was almost against her, and then drank from his bottle, "Just a hop, skip and a hump away from here."

Cassie: Cassandra gave Jack a long, thoughtful look, her expression almost inscrutable except for that hint of a smirk playing over her lips. The next moment, she jumped the bunny boy, wrapping her legs tightly around his hips and grabbing his shoulder with her free hand. "Then onwards to this magical realm, my mighty steed," she called, raising her bottle.

Jack: Jack held the bottle up as he had to take a step back to steady himself, his free hand coming around her body to hold her close to him. He made a horse noise before he bounced her a little up and down, staring at her face, and down at her chest, with a grin.

Cassie: "I have a feeling this might turn out much more exciting than the first tour I've gotten." Cassandra looked down at Jack's face with a smirk on her lips, tensing the muscles in her stomach and legs to make herself grind softly against him. "Of course, you'll have to top the Danger Room..."