1/15 Instance: Parentdome

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/15 Instance: Parentdome

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Lorna> "You're not going to believe what I found." Lorna held her shopping bag excitedly as she was all ready hurrying through their home to get to the nursery. The room was all ready pretty well outfitted but sometimes a person just couldn't help buying little extras.

<Lorna> "Check this business out." She announced as she popped two round Death Star throw pillows out of the bag. "I sort of want them for us, to be honest, but not sure if I could in all good faith put them with the tribbles."

<Bobby> "Ha! That's awesome!" Bobby let the wily mobile he'd been battling go and met Lorna, grabbing a pillow and dropping a kiss on his wife's lips. "And yes... mixing genres... generally frowned upon in the higher nerd circles."

<Lorna> "The high council would want to have a word with me, I'm sure." Lorna laughed and popped up a little bit on the balls of her feet to give him another kiss. "So, have I missed anything here? Looks like you're making leeway with Senor Attacks-From-Above." Lorna poked the mobile. "Seriously, this thing's driven me nuts and I was cheating when I tried to put it together."

<Bobby> "I think you bought the most complicated one ever." He slid his arms around her for a snuggle, even if it was getting awkward. "You should have gotten Erik to put it together when he was hanging around." Bobby gave her a playful smirk.

<Lorna> "There's only so much I can abuse the rest of the staff...but your abuse is endless." Lorna teased, snuggling back. "We'll whip the bastard soon enough. We've still got time." For all the work they had both put in the room it seemed like there was still a lot to do, though.

<Bobby> "Well, we have time before Maddie starts judging us, but, um, we won't have much time before Maddie and Bill judge us..." Bobby's grin turned sheepish.

<Lorna> "...Bill?" Lorna tried to hide her cringe but she wasn't overly successful.

<Bobby> "Yeeeeaaaaah..." He cringed hard enough for both of them. "Sorry... but mom called earlier. They're coming."

<Lorna> "...they're getting a hotel, right?" It was the first thought in Lorna's mind and it slide out of her mouth without the littlest bit of filter but a lot of hope.

<Bobby> No, wait, he had a little more cringe in him yet. "...I'm not sure. She said she wanted to spend time with us before the baby's born and we're busy... and I think she's hoping you'll pop while they're here."

<Lorna> "...I have never before hoped to go into painful labour right when something happens. I'll be on the good drugs then!"

<Bobby> He laughed and rested his hand on her belly. "Well, you can have a talk with your tenant about that." There was wriggling going on in there, that was for sure.

<Lorna> "You hear that, Maddie junior, when you hear your namesake and Bill you get ready to run. Work with me now...I should probably see if I can get Dad up for a visit, too."

<Bobby> "Maybe we can get your dad to corral mine," he nodded, consideringly. "Or whack him over the head with a baseball bat."

<Lorna> "We should contact my mother to deal with your dad. We could make it into a death match. Two enter, one leaves!"

<Bobby> "Oooooo, maybe they could take each other out! That's a win-win situation right there." Bobby looked far too excited about the prospects of parental Thunderdome.

<Lorna> Lorna looked equally excited. "That would make every in-law visit so much better, just Battle Royale the shit out of things."

<Bobby> "It's the best answer, really." Maddie kicked in agreement and he grinned. "See!"

<Lorna> "Our baby demands blood!" She patted her belly, a surge of parental pride overtaking her. "So...when are they coming?"

<Bobby> "We have three days. Only three days to prepare for the end." He petted Maddie and snuggled closer to Lorna, burying his face against her neck. "I'm scared!"

<Lorna> "...can we claim that some horrific mutant emergency came up?" Lorna asked hopefully...but knew that would only make Maddie concerned and put Bill in a gripe.

<Bobby> "We probably shouldn't mention the cannibal." He made a face and rested his head against hers. "Although that was already on the news, so ... fuck." Whoops. "Sorry Maddie."

<Lorna> "Well...they've not said much about it on the news so it's not really a 'mutant' thing." Lorna decided to look at that as a positive for now. "Since parents are going to be here we may as well give up on Maddie not swearing like a sailor once she pops out."

<Bobby> "Maybe we should adopt Paige's quarter jar." He thought about this, and wondered if he could get his father to contribute. That would be a college fund starter right there.

<Lorna> "Those things always mock me and tell me how much pizza they'd buy." Lorna pulled a face...now she wanted pizza.

<Bobby> "Mmm... pizza." He cocked his head and peered at the shifty bump. "I wonder if she tastes pizza if you eat it."

<Lorna> Lorna mock-threw her voice. "Yessss, feed me pizza, Dad!" She snorted and dropped the ventriloquism. "We might as well get in all the good food before we have to act like I've been eating pure and healthy wonders for my pregnancy."

<Bobby> "You have been the model of health, and might I add beauty." Bobby leaned in to brush her nose with his own and grin. "So, we should totally order pizza... and work on the nursery and inventory our baby supplies for my mom's inspection."

<Lorna> "You may add that." Lorna laughed, patting his cheek. "You have just the right idea there, Sweetcheeks...hotwings, too, Maddie still loves herself some spicy chicken."

<Bobby> "Pizza and wings it is." Bobby let go of her to reach for his phone, but got distracted on the way and patted her ass fondly before searching his pocket. "Once she's out, we can just stick a nipple on the wing sauce bottle for her."

<Lorna> "She'll never even taste the vegetables we'll feed her. Our plan is flawless." They were the best parents!

<Bobby> He placed the order and went to the crib to peer in at the mound of plushies. Spotting what he wanted, Bobby lifted out Yoda and made him talk. "The most flawless of plans it is! Season her bottles with hot sauce always!"

<Lorna> "The force strong within us is." Lorna nodded most seriously before patting Yoda on the head. "...we're still going to drop hints for them at least staying in the school, right?"

<Bobby> He made a rude noise. "Oh, hell yeah. I don't want them here." Bobby fluffed Yoda's hair. "Let the wild bunch up there deal with them."

<Lorna> "...I can't wait for your dad to take that in." Lorna burst out laughing as she imagined Bill in amongst the students.

<Bobby> "Amen. We'll have to hack into the security logs and get popcorn." Yoda gave Lorna and her belly kisses.

<Lorna> Lorna laughed, nudging the stuffed Yoda more to where Maddie was. "Sounds like a date, Sweetcheeks."

<Bobby> Bobby corrected course to initiate Jedi/fetus hug time. "A date it is." He laughed and wrapped his arms back around her. "After all, we need our alone time. Pizza won't be here for a while..."

<Lorna> "And we have to get in as much time as we can before anyone's parents show up, too." That was an awkwardness nobody was in a hurry to visit.

<Bobby> "Exactly." He drew out the word and smirked, tossing Yoda back to the crib as he leaned in to kiss her.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 1/15 Instance: Parentdome

Post by Esynthia »

Yay Lorby!!! Also... I would LOVE to see the Parental Thunderdome happen... Even if it's a what-if :shifty. get to it!