1/13 Instance: Snuggle Buddies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/13 Instance: Snuggle Buddies

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Texas Love Story Massacre

Paige: Paige snuggled into her pillow and her pink blankets, finally sleeping soundly after a long night of nightmares. She shifted a bit in her sleep, then settled back down again.

Rachel: Rachel stirred at Paige's movement, sucking in a breath. Did she want to be awake yet? ...No. It'd been a long night, even after the movies, the bed was warm, and she didn't want to move. ..Wait, bed? Coming to the realization she was actually in bed, curled up against Paige, Rachel quickly rolled... right over the side of the bed, cursing as soon as she hit the floor.

Paige: "Five more minutes...." Paige mumbled at the sound, moving just a bit.

Rachel: After battling with the blankets for a few moments, she finally found herself freed of them. Victorious, she rolled onto her back to stare up at the ceiling. Five more minutes sounded like a great idea. It was too bad she was already awake. The events of the night were beginning to come back, and she vaguely recalled waking up to Paige screaming as if she was being murdered by Leatherface.

Rachel: Blowing out a breath and scrubbing at her face, Rachel grasped at the bed to pull herself up, peering at the clock as she did. She promptly fell back onto the bed once she was on her feet, "Paige, you have to get up..."

Paige: "Whhhhhhhhyyyyy….?" she whined, finally opening her eyes when she felt the movement on the bed.

Rachel: She blindly reached for a pillow, hugging it to her. "Because you have a class to teach soonish?"

Paige: "Soonish!?" Paige sat up, rubbing her face. "Uggggggggggggh."

Rachel: "Not, like... right now... but, yeah, soonish..." Rachel answered as she eyed Paige, burying it back in the pillow when she caught herself doing it.

Paige: Paige raised a hand from her face to look at her. "Can't I be sick?"

Rachel: She glanced back up at her again, shrugging, "I don't know... What class do you have to teach today?"

Paige: "Friday.... Dance and Fashion Design. Ugggggggggh, I don't want to do either of those."

Rachel: "Can't you just have them, like... design crap themselves? ...And, I have no ideas for dancing," Rachel released her hold on the pillow and rolled out of bed, heading for the bathroom for her toothbrush because she couldn't put off brushing her teeth any longer. She called back, "Well, besides being sick."

Paige: "Yeah... I can assign a new project... Dance.... hmmmmmmmmmmm..... oh, oh they can choreograph their own routines! Nailed it!" Paige fell back onto her pillow, groaning.

Rachel: Once she was done with her teeth, she moved to flop back down on the edge of the bed. "I'm so glad I don't have to worry about this shit... yet..."

Paige: "So you're going to teach then?" Paige turned her head to look over at Rachel.

Rachel: "Pretty sure, yeah," Rachel answered, looking over to her. "No more movie marathons on weeknights?"

Paige: "I think you'll be a fantastic teacher." She yawned, forcing herself to roll out of bed. "And yeah... no more on weeknights. Never never."

Rachel: "That makes one of us," she commented as she stretched for the pillow she'd been hugging, "And no more scary movies for you."

Paige: "There was a reason I didn't watch them!" Paige laughed a bit, heading into the bathroom. "Thanks for being here though."

Rachel: "Well, I didn't think it'd be that bad," Rachel rolled her eyes, grinning a bit, "You dealt with me crying on the floor. I think it's fair enough."

Paige: "Maybe so. Is it sad that fiction can upset me that much?"

Rachel: "It did kind of involve cannibals, and there is sort of a cannibal situation..." she pointed out with a shrug.

Paige: "Well fair point. And I did find a mostly eaten body when I was supposed to be looking at Christmas lights."

Rachel: "Yeah..." Rachel pulled a face, taking up as much of the as she pleased now that Paige wasn't in the way, "Feeling any better about that whole thing? I mean... coping with it well enough?"

Paige: "I'm not exactly sure you just cope with it... or get over it." Paige washed her face at the sink, pressing the wash cloth to her face.

Rachel: "I don't know about just getting over it, but I guess it gets easier." At least it had with all the bodies she'd seen in the sewers. "Might help if the police get the guy, won't have to worry about stumbling across another one."

Paige: "I mean... that cop warned us for a reason. What if it happens to one of us? Or one of our kiddos? I mean, Little Stark is pretty well safe, but none of the rest of us have body guards while a crazy is on the loose."

Rachel: "There's always crazies on the loose." That was slightly bitter. "Hopefully, they take the warning seriously and are more cautious."

Paige: "I'm glad I have Phil when I leave campus now usually. Still worries me though." Paige set the cloth aside, brushing her teeth next.

Rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes again, pulling the pillow over her face. Maybe she could smother herself before the conversation completely derailed into how great Phil is. "Bobby and I wouldn't let the cannibals take you either, though I suppose they won't chew on Phil."

Paige: "Bobby has to make sure Little Stark stays safe. He doens't have time to babysit me too." Paige told her, giggling a bit. She rinsed her mouth out, then glanced back to Rachel. "And yeah... they wouldn't want Phil.... but I do!"

Rachel: Lucky him. She stopped trying to suffocate herself long enough to peer over at Paige and sucked in a breath, trying to keep those exact words from escaping. "I'm sure you'll be fine."

Paige: "It's just scary... that's all."

Rachel: Her expression softened a bit, and she managed a small nod, "I know, but you'll be fine."

Paige: Paige wrinkled her nose at Rachel, and smiled. "Thanks, Rachie. Want to grab lunch before I have class?"

Rachel: Rachel peered down at the bed under her, over to the clock, and back up to Paige, "Do I have enough time to make myself look presentable?"

Paige: "Of course you do." Paige moved to get her clothes picked out.

Rachel: She moved to get up, picking some clothes off the end of the couch before heading to the bathroom. Hopefully, they were clean. Grinning over at Paige, she replied, "There should be leftover pizza unless your bastard students have eaten it all by now. I just need to get dressed and fix my hair."

Paige: "Noooooo, we don't have time for you to look perfect!" Paige teased her, starting to change her own clothes.

Rachel: "I always look perfect... except when I don't."

Paige: "So always?"

Rachel: Rachel laughed as she quickly got dressed herself, pulling on some jeans and a sleeveless top. She'd have to remember to grab her hoodie. "Pretty much, yeah. Though, I'm not sure I ever manage to look nearly as perfect as you."

Paige: "Awwww, you're too sweet! I work hard to look like this."

Rachel: "Clearly."

Paige: Paige giggled at her, grabbing her things. "Ready, Rachie?"

Rachel: She was still attempting to smooth down her hair as she went to collect her phone and cigarettes, stuffing them both in her pockets. Giving up on her hair, she simply grabbed a hair tie and pulled it back as she mumbled, "As I'll ever be."

Paige: "You look great. Let's see if we have any pizza left at all."