1/13 Instance: You People

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/13 Instance: You People

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined efore "The Dead Do Detroit"

<Lizard> Lizard slipped into the recroom, careful not to knock into anything with his long tail. He snuck around the couch, stuck his head over the edge of it and eyed Cecilia. "Sscessceilia!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia jumped a little from where she was sitting on the couch, filling out forms for the rally her and Jean-Paul were planning while she caught a little of one of her favourite movies on TV. "Hi Cur-Lizard," she said. "How's it going?" Please don't be hungry today, I am so not in the mood for that.

<Cecilia> She shuffled over a bit to make room for him if he wanted to join her, frowning a bit as she did. She did not remember her ass being this fat before. Okay, it wasn't small by any stretch of the imagination but this was getting ridiculous. There was no way she'd gained weight that fast, despite being on the pill now. Fuck my life.

<Lizard> Lizard glared at her and sniffed her. He pushed his snout closer to her face and inhaled deeply, his nostrils widening. He pulled away suddenly and scrunched his eyes. "What'ssss wrong with you?"

<Cecilia> "Excuse me?" Said Cecilia, warningly, raising an eyebrow. "Nothing's wrong with me. What's wrong with you?"

<Lizard> He blinked. "You ssssmell like icsse cream."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "That's probably just my skin cream or something," she said, edging a little away from him. "I can't actually eat ice cream, I'm lactose intolerant, if I have more than half a bowl or so I start throwing up like the Exorcist." Just well too, if she could eat it she'd be eating it by the carton right about now, which would just make her ass fatter.

<Cecilia> Today just wasn't a good day. It was a fat day. Curse Fabian and his eating out and the kitchen in this school with readily available snacks and three square meals a day! She was accustomed to missing breakfast throughout her life and smaller portions of food. Now she'd gone from third world caloric intake to first world. Dammit!

<Lizard> He crawled onto the couch, clawing at it and accidentally tearing some of the fabric. He put his head under her arm and eyed her snack dish, sniffing it and then flicking a tongue, tasting the substance.

<Lizard> Immediately he jerked his head back in disgust. "Blech!"

<Cecilia> "Hey!" She yelled, yanking the bowl away possessively. "Get your own chips! These are mine!" And she wasn't sharing. Screw that.

<Lizard> Lizard snorted, turned his head in disgust and snapped his head back from her gaze. "Not sssure why you like sssuch garbage anywaysss..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "...Because it tastes nice? Not all of us can eat raw meat all the time. Or other students..."

<Lizard> He didn't like that. "I don't eatsss other ssstudentss." He snapped at her. "Raw meatsss issss tassty. It ssshould ssstill moo..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia stared at him. "I think we aren't going to agree on a lot of things when it comes to food." She stuffed another chip in her mouth just to make a point. "So I'm rooming with a friend of yours."

<Lizard> "Friend?" Curt had a few of those, but not the Lizard. "Who?" He curled up on the couch eyeing her carefully.

<Cecilia> "Laura," she said, confused. Why did he never come to this conclusion on his own? "We're roommates so I guess I might be seeing more of you around, yeah?"

<Lizard> "Laura!" Lizard liked that person, very much. "Yesss much. Window sssneak!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia scowled. "Oh hell no! No 'window sneak'! I don't want your face crammed up in my window pane while I'm changing! Knock on the door or don't come at all! Jesus!" Guys, even when they were lizard's they were weird.

<Lizard> "Why? I only wantssss to sssee Laura..."

<Cecilia> "But it's my room too!" Frowned Cecilia. What was the issue here. "I don't want you seeing me naked, ever."

<Lizard> "I only sssee Laura! And not nakedsss!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "Well...that's better." She frowned as Roy Batty pulled Deckard's arm through the wall. "You ever see this?" She asked.

<Lizard> "No." He said, rather disinterested. "Animal Planet... Or Dissscovery..."

<Cecilia> "Well, this is the sci fi channel," she said. "This is probably more up Curt's alley than yours." And what was up with Animal Planet? Wasn't that like watching the Food Network for him?

<Cecilia> "It's about mutants," she said, motioning to the screen. "Well...not exactly. But the concept is the same." She frowned as Roy Batty proclaimed the replicant's slaves...slaves..."I like it," she said, shrugging.

<Lizard> "You watch Psssycheo?" Lizard inquired. "Blood... Lotssss."

<Cecilia> "Noooo....I tend to avoid horror movies," she said. Especially murder ones like 'Psycho'. "...I find them too scary. Especially since I've actually lived through things like that." She frowned.

<Lizard> Lizard was perplexed. "You?"

<Cecilia> "Yes, me," she said. "My father was murdered and I was nearly killed as well....I thought everyone knew this?" Apparently not though. She shrugged, "Anyways, that's why I don't watch them. They bring up a lot of bad memories...I watch them sometimes when someone's there to reassure me...and only certain kinds...stuff like 'Psycho' where a guys murdering people...that's just too much for me."

<Lizard> "Lizssard doessn't know everything Curt knowsss." he reminded her. He recognized her reaction as distraught and frowned. "No conversssationsss about that then."

<Cecilia> "No, thank you," she said. "I'd rather not re-live it."

<Lizard> "Ssssorry about ssscaring you. Mussst've made it harder."

<Cecilia> "But does Curt know everything you know?" She asked. This was all very Lord of the Rings for her. She didn't really understand splits. Ed seemed to know everything his Venom persona did. They were more symbiotic being, Curt didn't always appear that way. She shrugged, "I've got PTSD, it's not hard to startle me."

<Cecilia> "It'd happen even if you weren't trying, so...no worries."

<Lizard> "Curt rememberssss thingsss... Memoriesss... Lizsssard retainsss information." he assured. "Lizard remembersss chemissstry info and other thingsss..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "Like a filter then?" That was crude, but really it was the only way she could think of it. "...You ferals and your identities..." she shook her head. "So glad I have a 'high draw' mutation."

<Lizard> Lizard glared at her and so did Curt internally. "Sssstop. Your mutation isss not better. Lizsssard isss unique."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "I never said I was better." Why did everyone always assume she thought that? "I just said I like my power. I never said anyone's power was better than another." Well except the mutants who controlled radiation and had no shielding from their own powers...yeaaahhh. That wasn't so great.

<Lizard> "You feralsss sssoundss like you people." Lizard snarked, showing his fangs.

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned, tensing. And here was why she didn't like multiple personalities..."Just keep in mind who you're talking to here," she said defensively. "Do you think I've never heard that myself?" She scowled. "I didn't mean anything by it. If I offended you, I'm sorry. But don't ever imply that I am somehow a racist. Half the time, you are a white guy. You have the option of being the majority. I don't. Being a mutant AND black? That's like being black TWICE."

<Cecilia> She shook her head. "You don't get to imply that to me. Never do you get to imply that to me." And with that she turned away, still keeping an eye on him. Conversation was over as far as she was concerned.

<Lizard> Lizard swooped to her front to eye her. "Lizssard retainsss information. 1942, Nazsssi Occupied Poland. Neighborssss giving up neighborss..."

<Lizard> "Jewisssh in Aussschwitzss would sssell out fellow Jewisssh for candy or ssspecial treatment. 1800's Wessstern Expansssion. Immigrantsss worked on rail roadsss, all melting pot. All hated the other."

<Lizard> "1980'sss, homosssexual lawmakersss, afraid of public outcry, persssecute homosssexual citizsssenss and withhold funding for AIDSsss treatment. In China, Nationalisssm thrivesss ssstill. Kremlin asssaults own people. It'ssss not unheard of to distrust onessss own."

<Cecilia> Cecilia scowled. "Are you implying I'm a sellout?" She said dangerously, getting up. Suddenly she was terribly angry and when that happened...it was just best to go. "I'm not discussing this. I am not a sellout and I would rather die than betray my own kind and I will not sit here and be lectured by you. Good day." She said, stalking off up the stairs.

<Lizard> Lizard frowned. "That'ssss not what Lizsssard sssaid. Lizsssard sssaid you don't trussst other mutantsss..." he reasoned to no one. "Touchy." Lizard took over the couch and enjoyed the space.

<Cecilia> "I trust a very select few," she snapped down the stairs, turning back a little. "But just being a mutant isn't enough for me to trust someone. That's ridiculous! Do all humans trust one another? They most certainly do not." She shook her head and continued upstairs. Unbelievable.

<Lizard> Lizard rolled his eyes. Typical.