1/13 Instance: Parent Trap

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/13 Instance: Parent Trap

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Laura: Laura had gone to all her classes for the day, worked on her homework, and was starting for the Danger Room, however she paused in the hall. She eyed Sue and Mayday's door for a few moments, recalling the offer to talk later. She supposed the Danger Room would still be there in a bit and approached the door, bringing a hand up to knock.

Mayday: "Just a second!", Mayday shouted to her visitor. A few moments later, she cursed before opening the door, "O-oh! Hey, Laura...what's up? Come in, sit down.", she blurted all at once, leaving the door open and slipping back into her PC seat, grabbing her USB controller and going back to her game.

Mayday: "Really, really busy, sorry. Take a seat, we can talk!", she assured Laura.

Laura: Laura followed Mayday into the room and glanced around as she found a spot to sit, taking everything in before speaking, "I was interested in... hanging out?" Slang was still strange... as were contractions. Finally looking over to the computer, she eyed the screen for a few moments, "What are you playing?"

Mayday: Mayday glanced over her shoulder with a smile, "Team Fortress 2; it's a 'Clan-v-Clan' match and we're barely beating them...", she looked back to her screen, "Ah, God fucking damnit!", she snapped, "Ok, we're losing by three kills, apparently..."

Laura: Despite not needing to, Laura still scooted a bit closer to better see the screen, curiously questioning, "Does the game have any purpose besides killing?"

Mayday: "Well....erm....", Mayday considered the question, "I erm...I don't know, it really depends on what you're playing for.", she shrugged, her Heavy avatar destroying two other players, "Haha....it's a battle game to see who's the best. It's just competition for competition's sake.",

Laura: "Oh," she said after a moment's consideration. "Are you generally the best?"

Mayday: With a shrug, Mayday laughed a little, "My Clan's called the 'LOE', the 'League of Extraudinarians'. We're pretty well known...", she grinned, "...and at the moment, the 'KZs' - don't ask, I don't know what is stands for - have been on our forum asking for a fight. So...", she gestured to the screen, where her avatar was killed.

Mayday: "Oh, you total bastard!", she exclaimed.

Laura: Laura nodded as Mayday spoke, filing the information away should this topic ever come up again at a later date, "Ah." After watching silently for a few minutes, she eventually started, "You said we could talk the other day..."

Mayday: "Did I?", Mayday thought to herself for a moment, cursing as she was killed moments after a respawn, "...oh, wait, is this about my Dad and your Mom? Did you wanna talk about that?", she smiled at Laura, "Sure, we can talk!"

Laura: "Yes," she nodded as she returned the smile, which dropped as she debated how to continue. The beginning was always the best place to start, she supposed. "I discovered who my father was as well, but he is... dead, which is why I'm interested in finding my mother."

Mayday: Mayday turned a little in her chair, "W-what? Really? Oh....oh, gosh, I'm so sorry...I...", she frowned at her game - this wasn't a conversation she was expecting. She sighed, "If you wanna talk, I'm gonna quit this so we can talk properly."

Laura: "Sorry if I have surprised you," Laura apologized, giving a small shrug, "It's fine. I am not overly upset by his death."

Mayday: Biting her lip, Mayday nodded, "Oooooh. Erm....okay.", she looked back at the screen of her game, taking a few moments of solace in shooting people, "So er....yeeeah....erm...your Mom, hm?"

Laura: "He was Doctor Essex." That should clear up why she wasn't overly upset, and hopefully it wouldn't freak Mayday out. Regardless, it was out there now, and she moved on, "I do-don't have a lot of information to go on yet, but she has to be out there somewhere."

Mayday: "Oh...oh, hey it's alright.", Mayday gulped, taking what was in her mind the best route and flagging herself as AFK on her game, swiveling around in her chair to look at Laura, "Hey, I'm not gonna judge. Maybe Essex wasn't the best man, but I'm sorry you don't have a father around...",

Mayday: She smiled, "But your mother....well, we could find her, right? I'd even be willing to help if you want."

Laura: "He was around. He just wasn't a father. What about yours? Do you have any idea what he is like?" Laura asked curiously, offering a smile as she added, "I am hoping to find her, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. Any help you're willing to give would be appreciated though."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "Yep, I will.", she affirmed, "As for my Dad...I don't know much about who he is - he seems to care about the fact he has me though! Which is great, I...I-I feel wanted, you know? Like...somewhere out there there's this guy who actually cares for me. It's...", she laughed a little, looking away, "...it's really nice."

Laura: "It's always nice to have people that care about you," Laura agreed after thinking about that for a bit. "I believe that's what makes being here nice as well."

Mayday: "Well, we all care about each other, yeah. But...well, a parent is different in some respects. A-at least, to me...", Mayday explained, "Like, Sue loves me. And I love her. But...my Dad loves me in a different way, which...I guess I need, too."

Laura: Laura's brow furrowed as she mulled that one over, and she eventually shook her head, "I've not really had much experience with parents, but I believe I understand the difference."

Mayday: "Well...there you go.", Mayday patted Laura's shoulder with a big smile, "You'll understand when we find your Mom. So erm...is that what you wanted to talk about? 'Cause I feel like I should....I dunno, do more, maybe?"

Laura: "I am sure we could come up with some sort of idea to find her," Laura replied as she returned the smile. The prospect of getting answers was exciting. "I have little information to go on, but I believe she was a doctor and same surname... Obviously, seeing as my last name isn't Essex."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "Yeah, you're Laura.....erm...", she blushed a little, "I-I don't actually....know that....erm..."

Laura: Still smiling, she supplied, "Kinney."

Mayday: "Right, right.", the redhead nodded in reply, "Ok, we can talk to the foster services or...er...ooh! Yeah, we could get Lorna's help! She helped me, and...well, she's just the best person ever."

Laura: "I would be willing to take Professor Drake's assistance as well, but i-isn't she supposed to have her baby soon?"

Mayday: Mayday winced, "Aw, right. Duuh, Mayday....", she scratched her head, "Well...we could ask Darren Kent! He's...come on, he's the leader of the SWORD taskforce, he's bound to have some fingers in pies further up the chain of command, right?"

Laura: "That is a really good idea," Laura stated. "I hadn't thought of him, but SHIELD should have a decent amount of information."

Mayday: "I know it isn't exactly a matter of global security, but this is important!", Mayday grinned, "He'll totally understand, I'm sure of it."

Laura: "So, I'll ask him and let you know how it went?" she suggested, adding, "Unless you wanted to be there."

Mayday: Shaking her head, Mayday placed her hand back on Laura's shoulder, "If you want me there, I will be. Whatever's best for you."

Laura: "I will think about it," Laura gave her another smile, looking between Mayday and the computer, "I suppose I should let you get back to your game."

Mayday: Mayday looked back at it, "Oh, right...erm...", she sighed at the match timer, there wasn't much time left for the game, and her team was behind, "...well, it's almost over. And the 'LOE' have lost, it looks like. D'you wanna maybe do something?"

Laura: Laura considered that for a few moments, "I was going to head down to the Danger Room for some training, however I would be up for something else if you'd prefer..."

Mayday: "Nah, I can do that!", Mayday stretched a little, "I pretty much never train unless I get told to, could be good!", she agreed, yawning a little, "I'm gonna get fat and become a neckbeard if I don't train more."

Laura: "Neckbeard?" Laura questioned, raising an eyebrow, as she moved to stand.

Mayday: Standing, Mayday turned to send her goodbye messages to her team, "Yeah, it's a phrase for fat losers who play games and have no lives: google it."

Laura: "Ah. I shall later." She started for the door, offering, "I train frequently. I could see if you're free every once in a while."

Mayday: Mayday followed her to the door, "Awesome, then shall we?", she smiled.