1/12 Instance: Dude, Too Soon

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/12 Instance: Dude, Too Soon

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after 'Don't Stop Dancing'

<Cecilia> Nervously, Cecilia walked down the hall towards Mayday and Sue's room and knocked on the door, trying to think of a way to apologize to her friend...though really she wasn't exactly sure what she was apologizing for...which just made it that much harder. Fuck me...

<Cecilia> Sometimes Cecilia wondered why she even bothered. She seemed to always fuck up everything when it came to her personal relationships, at times she wondered if it would've been better if she had remained friendless, as she had been in her youth. Despite Fabian's reassurances that Jess was wrong, there was a part of Cecilia that believed she really was a misery to everyone around her...and this most recent incident was just more proof that she was right.

<@Mayday> There was a sniff from the other side, followed by Mayday's voice; "Door's open!" she called out, the words shaking ever so audibly.

<Cecilia> Oh fuck. Cecilia frowned, was she crying in there? And if she was, was it because of her? Great, just fucking great, way to go, Cecilia. Way to fuck things up - again.

<Cecilia> Cecilia took a deep breath, prayed to a deity she no longer believed in for leniency and opened the door. "Hey," she said, poking her head in the door. "Can I come in?"

<@Mayday> Mayday turned in her computer chair, holding a letter in her hands. Her face was red from tears but her face was brightened by a child-like smile, "Hey! Sure, d-d'you wanna sit?" she all but beamed, sniffing again and laughing a little, "Sorry I-I er...I got a little emotional."

<Cecilia> "Oh," said Cecilia, a little confused, eyeing the piece of paper. "What did you get a 'B' instead of an 'A' on your biochem paper?" She teased a little weakly. Well, she didn't seem to be mad at her so far, so that was good. "It's alright if you did, we all have off days."

<Cecilia> Cecilia sat down on the edge of Mayday's bed. "I, uh...I'm sorry, about the other day...I feel like I stung you somehow without meaning to and, well..." She fiddled with her sleeves a little nervously. "...Well I came to apologize...so yeah..."

<@Mayday> "No! Nothing like t-...wait, you think I...hey! I can get an 'A' in biochem!" Mayday laughed, shaking her head, "Don't be, Cee-Cee. I know you meant your best, and at first, I agreed..." she waved the paper at Cecilia, "But then I read this.",

<@Mayday> With a little giggle, she handed the letter to the other girl, "Read it. Right now!"

<Cecilia> "I'm reading, I'm reading!" Laughed Cecilia, pleased that things had appeared to have blown over. She scanned the paper, it was a letter from a Richard Parker from Connecticut. "Holy shit..." she muttered. "This is your father then?..He sounds...really nice actually," she said, handing the paper back to Mayday.

<Cecilia> "That's really great, May! Uh...are you gonna try and meet him, then?" She asked, curious.

<@Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Yeah! Of course! I er...I-I wrote a reply already, I'm gonna send it as soon as I can." she giggled, "This is so awesome! I have a Dad! Oooh, should I call him 'Father'? Or does that sound to Jedi? Oooh! I should call him 'Daddy', then I can make him buy me things!"

<@Mayday> She spun herself around in her chair, lifting one of her Nerf rifles from beneath her computer desk and spinning around in circles, shooting darts into the air, "Yaaaay! I have a paaarrreeennnnt!!!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia wrinkled her nose at the word 'father.' That seemed awfully cold and formal. Plus it reminded her too much of Fabian's form of address to his parents. "'Daddy'?" She snorted, amused. "I don't think anyone past the age of five can really say that without it sounding weird, but it's up to you, whatever you're comfortable with. I just called mine 'Dad.'"

<Cecilia> She laughed at Mayday's shooting and spinning in her chair. "I'm happy for you! This is great, Mayday!"

<@Mayday> "I knoooooow!" the redhead clapped, dropping the Nerf gun and leaping onto Cecilia in a hug, "You never have to apologize, ok? You're the best girlfriend who isn't my girlfriend ever!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed and put in a lot of squeeze into her hug. "Wellll, I can't promise I won't do something stupid or rash eventually that might require an apology, but thank you, I appreciate the sentiment."

<Cecilia> "Speaking of girlfriends, how are you and Sue doing? Things still going well?" She asked.

<@Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Yeah, they're great, but..." she sat up, climbing atop Cecilia and looking at her with wide eyes, "....you know, Cee...sometimes when I look at you...." she leaned closer to Cecilia's nose, "We need to stop pretending, Cecilia." she nodded, forcing her face to look as straight as possible as laughter built in her chest.

<Cecilia> Cecilia froze as Mayday suddenly pinned her back against the bed, fear shooting through her as she recalled Mayday's transformation and the weird...cravings it gave her. "...Err...sorry, what ?"

<Cecilia> Her eyes darted around fearfully. She didn't like being held down and she didn't like the wide eyed, hungry look she was getting. Fabian thought he needed a special doll!

<@Mayday> Puckering up her lips comically, Mayday made kissing motions down towards Cecilia slowly, "Mwwwaah, mwwwaaahhh, mwwwaaahhhh!"

<Cecilia> Oh...so that's what this was about...wait. "Gah!" Cried Cecilia, shoving Mayday off her sideways so that the other girl landed beside her. "Dude! What're you doing?!" She exclaimed. "First you hit on my boyfriend and now you're hitting on me? Make up your mind!" She frowned.

<@Mayday> "Woah! I-I was kidding, I promise!" Mayday laughed awkwardly, sitting up and frowning, "Aw, I-I'm sorry, I just thought it'd be funny to..." she scratched her head, "...wow, I'm....really bad at jokes, aren't I?" she smiled a little, "Seriously, I was kidding, I promise you."

<Cecilia> "Oh..." she said. "Uh...that's okay. I, err, I completely misinterpreted that." Twice. "..I never had any friends before I came here, let alone girlfriends," she explained. "Sometimes I don't always react appropriately to the situation."

<Cecilia> "That and I don't really respond well to flirting or anything even remotely related to the topic of sex," she admitted a bit red faced. "...Sorry. I was pretty Catholic once..."

<@Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "I should have been better, I'm sorry ok?" she sighed, "Gosh, look at us, huh? We're hilarious." she smiled, folding her legs up on her bed, "I usually get like that too but....well, now's the time for coming into our own, right?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded, sitting in similar fashion. "I guess so...I hope so at any rate or I might be a virgin for the rest of my life!" She snorted, shaking her head. "Things are coming together aren't they? We're growing up. We both are in committed relationships, we both are becoming valuable members of the team..." she smiled. "I think we're both gonna come into our own this year."

<@Mayday> "Yep! Everything's looking up." Mayday grinned back, "Now, do you want to come with me? I'm gonna introduce my Susie to Godzilla."

<Cecilia> "Godzilla?" Said Cecilia, confused. "All right, I have to see this!"

<@Mayday> With a nod, Mayday bounced up onto her feet, "All right, let's go and track down my sexy lady!" she clapped.