1/11 Instance: Don't Stop Dancing

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/11 Instance: Don't Stop Dancing

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Mayday> "Aaaand we're all set!" Mayday clapped, double-checking there was enough space around the dance mats and their connection, "Honestly, I didn't even know this had come out for the PS3, isn't that kind of sad?" she sighed, hands on her hips.

<Cecilia> "For you?" Asked Cecilia, skipping past the loading screen. "That is actually kind of sad. I'm disappointed Mayday, I expected so much more from you!" She teased.

<Mayday> Mayday gasped, looking back at Cecilia, "O-oh yeah? Well I don't see you with a copy of Koudelka for the PS1!" she folded her arms, pouting a little, "So neeeeerrrrrr!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia just gave Mayday a strange look. "The what now?"

<Mayday> "Exactly." Mayday slumped down on the sofa, "So neeeerrrrr!" she stuck her tongue out at her friend, giggling childishly.

<Cecilia> "You know, I have no idea what you're talking about sometimes," admitted Cecilia, smirking as she flipped through the song choices. "But I still love it when you talk geeky to me," she teased, putting on a fake sexy voice and batting her eyelashes before dissolving into a fit of laughter at her own antics.

<Mayday> "Oh, so Fabian was serious, huh?" Mayday nodded, "I guess he really wants me and Sue to join you both in the bedroom, doesn't he? I knew it." she smirked at Cecilia suggestively, waiting on her to take the joke seriously.

<Cecilia> Cecilia spluttered and flailed, her arms moving dangerously close to Laura's personal space. "Oh God! Don't even joke about that! It's bad enough I gotta fend off threesome suggestions, I don't think I can handle suggestions for foursomes!" She cried, a little upset. "...How is that even possible? Wait, no, don't answer that. I don't wanna know! I'm never doing it. Ever. And that's final!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia flopped back on the couch and mumbled something vague about her being enough woman for anyone, frowning at the ceiling.

<Mayday> Mayday blinked, "....wow." she smirked, suddenly snorting and laughing heartily, convulsing in her seat, "I was joking! I was jokiiiing! Ahahahahaa!"

<Laura> Laura had remained mostly silent when it came to the conversation, content to simply listen until she had to lean to avoid the flailing limbs. Most of the conversation thus far had gone over her head. "So..." she started, glancing down at the pad on the floor and then over to the other girls, "How exactly does this work?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia stood up and motioned for Laura to follow her to one of the pads. "Basically how the game works is you choose a song and a bunch of arrows will begin floating towards the top of the screen to these sort of slots. When the arrows on the screen go into the slots you have to step on the same arrow on the pad that's in the slot," she said, demonstrating.

<Cecilia> "For every arrow you press in time you get a point and the person with the most points wins." She smiled at Laura. "So, whaddaya think? Wanna give it a go?"

<Mayday> Sniffing, and still unable to get the ridiculously large grin off her face, Mayday curled up in her seat, watching Laura, "I bet you'll be really good at this." she assured the other girl.

<Laura> "I think I-I've never played before, however it sounds simple enough," she pulled a face at the contraction usage, looking between the girls. She gave Mayday a small smile, "Thank you, I shall try my best."

<Cecilia> Cecilia grinned at Laura's use of the contraction. "It'll get easier overtime," she said, not really specifying whether she was talking about the game or Laura's speech changes. "Here," she said, flipping toa song. "This one's my favourites. We'll start you off easy to let you get the hang of it."

<Laura> She stepped onto the mat, stared at the load screen, and looked down to her feet, sucking in a breath. She could do this. Shooting them both a slight smirk, Laura asked, "Are you sure you want to let me get the hang of it first?"

<Mayday> Mayday shrugged, "It's fine by me...Cee?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "I do appreciate some competition," she smirked back at the two girls. "Besides, there'll be plenty of time for me to kick your asses later on."

<Cecilia> Her eyes darted to the screen as the song started up. "One, two...one, two, three, four..." she said, before launching into a series of complicated steps. She never played on anything but the hardest skills, the other ones seemed very slow to her after years of playing the game religiously with her brother.

<Laura> "I also enjoy competing," Laura commented, leaving out the comment about especially when she won. She felt it didn't need to be stated. Plus, she also didn't know how well she was going to do. If the song so far was any indication though, it wasn't incredibly well. ...Not without more practice anyway, and Cecilia had said she needed a hobby...

<Cecilia> "Not bad for a first timer," remarked Cecilia. "Actually, that was very good. Y'know...I never noticed before but you move really quickly, like, inhumanly so. Once you get better at this that's gonna be hell for me to compete with."

<Laura> "I could have... could've done better..." she said as she considered her score. She had no idea what the average score was, so it was hard to ascertain how well she'd done past Cecilia commenting on it. "It is part of my powers... and training, however you did say you'd appreciate some competition," she pointed out.

<Mayday> "I-it's your first time, you scored like twelve-hundred-k! You should be impressed!" Mayday smiled, "I say we stick her on a harder difficulty, Cee-Cee, she obviously has an edge..."

<Cecilia> "Definitely," she said. "You're too quick for the easiest level." She shuffled the difficulty. "Wanna take a turn with Laura, Mayday?"

<Mayday> Jumping to her feet, Mayday gave a mock salute, "Yep!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia settled back down on the couch. This should be fun to watch.

<Laura> She supposed Mayday would be the one to know all about these things, as she'd gathered the redhead knew quite a bit about video games and grinned, "I believe I wi- I'll be more impressed when I have managed to beat you both."

<Mayday> Mayday stretched, clicking down until she found the perfect song, "You ready for some PSY, Laura?" she asked, offering the other girl a warm, enthusiastic grin.

<Laura> "...I suppose?" she shook her head, "I do not know what that is though."

<Mayday> "It's awesome. Trust me." the redhead affirmed, taking a little breath before the music started and getting comfortable bouncing on the balls of her feet.

<Cecilia> "Holy shit!" Laughed Cecilia. "I actually know how to do this dance, outside of DDR, I mean." She also knew the Thriller and Footloose ones too, but she didn't mention this. She wasn't quite ready to let anyone else outside her family know that.

<Laura> "I do not," Laura admitted, gaze glued to the screen while she moved, trying her best to hit every arrow in time.

<Cecilia> "I'll teach you sometime, if you like," she said. "Actually...Fabian and I have been meaning to grab a few people to go clubbing sometime. You should join us. It'd be an experience."

<Mayday> Mayday was really into the dance, even taking time to sing along to the chorus between movements. Regardless, she nodded to Cecilia with a smile, stumbling slightly and rolling her eyes at her loss of a perfect chain combo on screen.

<Laura> Noticing Mayday stumble, Laura's brow furrowed in concentration, and she attempted to take advantage of the opportunity, distractedly replying, "Sounds like it'd be fun."

<Cecilia> "I imagine it would be," said Cecilia, chuckling a little as Mayday stumbled. "Did I break your concentration?"

<Mayday> "Shh!" Mayday insisted with a sharp hiss, blushing a little awkwardly for being caught out as they reached the last chorus of the song.

<Cecilia> "Mind if I show May who's boss, Laura?" Said Cecilia teasingly, standing up.

<Laura> "Of course not," Laura answered as she surrendered her mat, going to flop down on the couch to watch. "I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this."

<Cecilia> "Alright, Mayday, time to get your game on," she laughed, flipping to a fast song and selecting the hardest difficulty, jumping up and down a little before beginning the steps.

<Mayday> Mayday tapped her head with a finger, "Your bullets cannot harm the 'Envoy of Mordekaiser'." she assured her friend, "I'm so ready..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "Talking geeky to me, again?" She added a few poses and hip shakes between her steps, getting more and more into the song as she went on. "Ohhhh yeeaaaaahhh! High score! Who's your Daddy, Mayday? Who's your DADDY?!" She laughed.

<Mayday> "Richard..." the redhead smirked back, laughing in triumph as the screen glowed at her perfectly executed combo, "Richard Parker!" she pointed a finger like a gun at Cecilia, "Boom! Headshot!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia flailed at that, completely screwing up her steps and sending her spiralling into score hell. "Wait, what?!" She exclaimed. "I thought you grew up in foster care! Are you telling me your parents just turned up out of the blue?" Why now, Cecilia wondered, after nearly two decades?

<Cecilia> "And...Richard Parker? As in 'Life of Pi'?" She snorted.

<Laura> Laura looked between the two. She was missing something.

<Mayday> Mayday's movements were sped up to keep up with the ever demanding difficulty, "Nope." she managed breathlessly, "Lorna...Lorna helped me find him. Apparently he was looking for me too!"

<Cecilia> "Holy shit," said Cecilia. "Well that's...that's great, May. I'm glad to hear it!" Well...she wasn't so sure to be honest. She didn't really like the idea of someone who'd potentially thrown her friend away coming back into her life and screwing things up even more...but she could be happy for her.

<Cecilia> "Looks like you and Laura have something in common," she remarked. "Right, Laura?"

<Laura> "In a manner of speaking, I suppose," she nodded.

<Mayday> As they finished the number, Mayday let out a pleased sigh, wiping her forehead and turning to Cecilia, "You....hardly seemed very happy." she smirked awkwardly, looking to Laura, "A-and what do we have in common? Like, i-is there a parent you're meeting too?"

<Cecilia> "...Well, I'm not not happy for you," she said, frowning a little. "I just...don't want someone to fuck your life up more. All of us have enough problems as it is. Call me paranoid..." she finished, somewhat sheepishly.

<Mayday> "No, it....it's alright, I know you're trying to be supportive." Mayday nodded, "But come on, if he isn't like me, why would he have sent me a letter confirming he even exists?" she shrugged, "I don't know...I-I sent a response to the fostering people, to let them know I'd like him to be aware he can send me letters, so now I just need to wait..."

<Mayday> She scratched her head, "Assuming the worst is a little crappy...."

<Laura> "I would like to find my mother and meet her," Laura admitted, not sure what to make of anything else in this conversation.

<Cecilia> Cecilia cringed. "Sorry...Look, don't listen to me, I've been told my worrying is disproportionate. I'm sure it'll be fine. Great, even."

<Cecilia> "I am happy that you got what you wanted, really." She just hoped Mayday didn't live to regret it. People often built things up in their heads and when things weren't as they had hoped...it could be very disheartening.

<Mayday> "Yeah, sure." Mayday nodded, her smile failing a little, "Well, Laura, looks like we have something in common, huh? If you ever want to talk then....well...." she shrugged, "I have to start my err….you know, homework and things..."

<Cecilia> "...Uh, yeah...okay...I'll see you later then?" She said. ShitshitSHIT!. Why? Did she have to say that?! Why didn't she just lie?! Probably because she was a terrible liar and Mayday would've known anyways. But goddamnit! Cecilia wanted to bang her head against the wall. Hard.

<Laura> "I would enjoy talking at a later time," Laura replied, sighing a bit. It was too bad she'd already done her homework. Though, this was also quite enjoyable. Looking to Cecilia, she commented, "I guess that means it's just you and me."

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded, watching Mayday take off out of the corner of her eye. "...Yeah, I guess so..." She sat down hard. "Fuck me hard," she muttered. "...I always do this. I always fuck things up. No matter what I do. Through action...inaction. I just can't fucking win." She held her head in her hands. "Do you have this problem? Or is it just me?"

<Laura> "Not as far as I am aware, however everybody messes things up occasionally," Laura shrugged, hoping that was the correct response.

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "Well, theoretically, anyways." She stood up. "I'll talk to her later...do you feel like practicing a little more?" She said, indicating the game. "You were doing pretty good. A few more rounds of this and I'm actually gonna have to get my game on!" She laughed, slightly weakly.

<Laura> She gave her a grin, "As long as you're up to losing."

<Cecilia> Cecilia smiled back. "I'd rather lose than never try at all."